PDA

View Full Version : Trump and the NFL kneelers

SassyLady
06-10-2018, 01:46 AM
On his way out of DC for G7 Summit

"You have a lot of people in the NFL in particular but in sports leagues, they’re not proud enough to stand for our national anthem. I don’t like that,” Trump said to reporters before heading out for the G-7 Summit in Canada.“What I’m going to do is I’m going to say to them instead of talk…I am going to ask all of those people to recommend to me — because that’s what their protesting – people that they think were unfairly treated by the justice system … I understand that,” Trump continued. “I’m going to ask them to recommend to me people that were unfairly treated. Friends of theirs or people they know about and I’m going to take a look at those applications.”The president promised if his “committee finds they’re unfairly treated, we will pardon them or at least let them out.”

https://diamondandsilk.americandailynews.org/2018/06/08/trump-makes-every-nfl-kneeler-offer-wont-want-refuse/

darin
06-11-2018, 03:18 AM
Nothing will happen because there is no systemic unjust-treatment in our legal system, except to divorcing fathers.

They are kneeling for nothing.

I wonder what would happen if I took a knee to protest the treatment of Elves by the Corporation called "Santa Claus". Has as much credibility as kneeling to protest mythical mistreatment.

jimnyc
06-11-2018, 11:38 AM
It's a great idea, but I have a feeling it won't work. A - I don't think the players want to make anything easy, nor do they really want this to end - they want the fight at this point. But they SHOULD gather a list of TRUE folks that deserve a pardon, and work with him. They can perhaps make him look foolish in front of the nation if they offer up a small list of folks who deserve it, and he ignores them. This was a good choice, and hopefully the players will take advantage. What they should do, is take advantage - and then use their money to have some nationwide conferences to draw attention to their issues, and point out the folks who deservedly got released and why.

But controversy in fighting controversy rarely works.

Black Diamond
06-11-2018, 11:48 AM
It's a great idea, but I have a feeling it won't work. A - I don't think the players want to make anything easy, nor do they really want this to end - they want the fight at this point. But they SHOULD gather a list of TRUE folks that deserve a pardon, and work with him. They can perhaps make him look foolish in front of the nation if they offer up a small list of folks who deserve it, and he ignores them. This was a good choice, and hopefully the players will take advantage. What they should do, is take advantage - and then use their money to have some nationwide conferences to draw attention to their issues, and point out the folks who deservedly got released and why.

But controversy in fighting controversy rarely works.
He wouldn't ignore them. But he knows they won't come up with any list, which is a win for him, as he can make it about pro America vs anti America. He thinks if he can make (campaign) issues about that, he wins. And I don't know that he's incorrect.

Abbey Marie
06-11-2018, 06:30 PM
He wouldn't ignore them. But he knows they won't come up with any list, which is a win for him, as he can make it about pro America vs anti America. He thinks if he can make (campaign) issues about that, he wins. And I don't know that he's incorrect.

Just like they wouldn’t accept his Dreamers proposition...

Gunny
06-11-2018, 09:19 PM

But controversy in fighting controversy rarely works.Agreed. It won't work because it is not in the best interest of their misguided agenda. Blacks are victims of the police even if they are committing crimes. I don't think they want a light shone brightly on THAT.