So far ...

1. Handshake.
2. Private meeting.
3. Working lunch meeting.

LongTermGuy
06-11-2018, 11:13 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dfc3pIQVQAEpw7q.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DfdXqyVUwAEUESH.jpg

PRICELESS!!Dennis Rodman, wearing a red MAGA hat, telling Chris Cuomo of CNN “This is a Great Day!”And Cuomo looking like he is about to BARF!
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DfdQLdsWAAEwFig.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DfdCL8eVQAA-05T.jpg

:salute:

SassyLady
06-12-2018, 12:21 AM
The signing table is set up with pens ready.

Still don't know what will be signed.

Pelosi is screaming about congressional oversight.

SassyLady
06-12-2018, 12:49 AM
Something was signed. Don't know what exactly yet.

SassyLady
06-12-2018, 12:51 AM
Liberal media pundits are feeling almost as bad as they did on election night. Calling him both a bully and a pussycat.

LongTermGuy
06-12-2018, 01:34 AM
Liberals and never Trumpers are having a bad day....:laugh:

"Smile for the camera Kim"

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DfdTXa-W0AEevqU.jpg

LongTermGuy
06-12-2018, 01:35 AM
President Trump delivers!
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DfeCzmdVQAAw_yH.jpg

LongTermGuy
06-12-2018, 01:37 AM
"Next stop...IRAN...!"

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DfeB-7eW0AEYciM.jpg

LongTermGuy
06-12-2018, 01:40 AM
Not one of these men voted for President Trump. But more importantly, not one of these men came close to peace across the Korean Peninsula. They had 40 years between them to do so. President Trump has gotten closer in just 18 months!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dfb2BYoVAAAriJl.jpg

LongTermGuy
06-12-2018, 01:44 AM
Trump basically made agreement with Kim that his economy will flourish with full support of China, as long as his nuclear program is officially & verifiable shut down.Trump delivered diplomacy opposed to pallets of tax payer cash (like Obama) to secure the deal of peace.

MEGA!
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DfeCXERXkAADuTl.jpg

SassyLady
06-12-2018, 03:03 AM
Not one of these men voted for President Trump. But more importantly, not one of these men came close to peace across the Korean Peninsula. They had 40 years between them to do so. President Trump has gotten closer in just 18 months!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dfb2BYoVAAAriJl.jpg

Wonder what they think now?

jimnyc
06-12-2018, 06:46 AM
As about as successful as a first meeting can be. And signing on the dotted line agreeing to complete denuclearization is a great start.

Kathianne
06-12-2018, 07:39 AM
Here's what they signed. As Jim and Sassy have stated, it is a start:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/12/politics/read-full-text-of-trump-kim-signed-statement/index.html

Joint Statement of President Donald J. Trump of the United States of America and Chairman Kim Jong Un of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea at the Singapore Summit

President Donald J. Trump of the United States of America and Chairman Kim Jong Un of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK) held a first, historic summit in Singapore on June 12, 2018.

President Trump and Chairman Kim Jong Un conducted a comprehensive, in-depth and sincere exchange of opinions on the issues related to the establishment of new US-DPRK relations and the building of a lasting and robust peace regime on the Korean Peninsula. President Trump committed to provide security guarantees to the DPRK, and Chairman Kim Jong Un reaffirmed his firm and unwavering commitment to complete denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula.

Convinced that the establishment of new US-DPRK relations will contribute to the peace and prosperity of the Korean Peninsula and of the world, and recognizing that mutual confidence building can promote the denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula, President Trump and Chairman Kim Jong Un state the following:

The United States and the DPRK commit to establish new US-DPRK relations in accordance with the desire of the peoples of the two countries for peace and prosperity.

The United States and DPRK will join their efforts to build a lasting and stable peace regime on the Korean Peninsula.

Reaffirming the April 27, 2018 Panmunjom Declaration, the DPRK commits to work toward complete denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula
The United States and the DPRK commit to recovering POW/MIA remains, including the immediate repatriation of those already identified.

Having acknowledged that the US-DPRK summit -- the first in history -- was an epochal event of great significance in overcoming decades of tensions and hostilities between the two countries and for the opening up of a new future, President Trump and Chairman Kim Jong Un commit to implement the stipulations in the joint statement fully and expeditiously. The United States and the DPRK commit to hold follow-on negotiations, led by the US Secretary of State, Mike Pompeo, and a relevant high-level DPRK official, at the earliest possible date, to implement the outcomes of the US-DPRK summit.

President Donald J. Trump of the United States of America and Chairman Kim Jong Un of the State Affairs Commission of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea have committed to cooperate for the development of new US-DPRK relations and for the promotion of peace, prosperity, and the security of the Korean Peninsula and of the world.

DONALD J. TRUMP
President of the United States of America

KIM JONG UN
Chairman of the State Affairs Commission of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea

June 12, 2018

Sentosa Island
Singapore

jimnyc
06-12-2018, 07:58 AM
There was talk that Kim wouldn't agree to such lengths on nuclear removal, so the fact that he's initially agreeing to full denuking, that's great. Doesn't mean squat until the actions start, but both appear to be going off with the right foot. I understand the USA/SK war games will instantly stop. And I also read that in the future, for Kim giving up nukes, we will give them some sort of protection guarantees. If both truly commit to these actions.... now they need to work on the Korean war and signing off on ending that stalemate.

I don't think NK is going to miraculously look like SK in a year from now - but if they do allow inspections and denuclearization, and diplomatic relations continue... this can be extremely historic. Hell, it's already historic.

jimnyc
06-12-2018, 08:42 AM
I think this was a good decision. Don't fully pull anything back, but absolutely no reason to piss off the chubby guy at this point.
---

Trump catches everyone off guard with sudden decision to stop war games in Korea

President Donald Trump announced Tuesday that the U.S. will stop war games on the Korean Peninsula, following his landmark summit with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un.

“We will be stopping the war games,” Trump stated, calling the exercises “provocative.”

“Under the circumstances that we’re negotiating a very comprehensive complete deal I think it’s inappropriate to have war games,” the president said, revealing details of his discussions with Kim. “It is something that (North Korea) very much appreciated.”

“The war games are very expensive; we paid for a big majority of them, we fly in bombers from Guam,” Trump added. “That’s a long time for these big massive planes to be flying to South Korea to practice and then drop bombs all over the place and then go back to Guam. I know a lot about airplanes, it’s very expensive.”

The president did not stop at war games, CNN reported. He also announced that he wants to pull troops out of Korea.

“I want to get our soldiers out. I want to bring our soldiers back home,” Trump told reporters, explaining that this would not be an immediate change. “But, that’s not part of the equation right now. I hope it will be eventually.” There are around 30,000 U.S. troops stationed on the Korean Peninsula.

Rest - http://dailycaller.com/2018/06/12/trump-war-games-north-korea/

Who would have thunk we would see a NK leader on US soil, let alone the white house?

Trump says he will 'absolutely' invite Kim Jong Un to the White House

President Donald Trump told reporters Tuesday that he “absolutely” will invite North Korean Kim Jong Un to visit the White House.

Trump made his comments at a signing ceremony, during which the two leaders signed what Trump called a “comprehensive” and “historic” agreement, a document that offers North Korea an opportunity for improved relations and security guarantees in exchange for commitment to “the complete denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula.” The president said that the denuclearization process will begin “very quickly.”

“He is a very worthy negotiator,” the president said of Kim, further remarking, “We’ll meet many times.” The Trump administration had previously stated that Tuesday’s summit is not a one-and-done deal, with various officials explaining that achieving the desired results will be a process.

He said that he will invite Kim to the White House at the “appropriate time,” further suggesting that Kim is open to such a visit to the U.S. Kim’s right-hand man Kim Yong Chol visited the U.S. earlier this month to become the first senior North Korean official to visit the White House in nearly two decades.

Rest - http://dailycaller.com/2018/06/12/trump-kim-jong-un-white-house/

Old ridge Runner
06-12-2018, 08:44 AM
Wonder what they think now?

They are cursing him to the 9th degree.

pete311
06-12-2018, 08:46 AM
You guys count your chickens too fast over what was a photo op.

jimnyc
06-12-2018, 08:52 AM

PLEASE quote the posts where these chickens were counted?

I'm pretty confident that folks, def myself, are happy about the statements and the beginning. But OF COURSE you have to come in here, declare it a photo op, and somehow get to "you guys".

So please quote those thinking more than what I just stated, and perhaps point at "those guys" instead of generalizations that appear out of nowhere and don't seem to make sense if you ask me.

jimnyc
06-12-2018, 08:55 AM
I will GUARANTEE, even though they won't admit it, folks on the left a FURIOUS that Trump has perhaps made any progress with NK. In addition to wanting to see a recession, of course they would want to see complete failure in a meeting with NK.

So it's off to a good start, and a good meeting of the minds to start, at this point. But that alone has the left going all kinds of nutso on twitter. And of course pundits on the MSM. Sad folks.

Abbey Marie
06-12-2018, 09:57 AM
I heard a MSM talking head surmise that Trump is only in Singapore to “distract from Trump’s domestic problems”.

Which problems? You mean the incredibly vibrant economy?

:laugh:

Watching them furiously scramble to try to depict this as a negative.

jimnyc
06-12-2018, 10:51 AM
I heard a MSM talking head surmise that Trump is only in Singapore to “distract from Trump’s domestic problems”.

Which problems? You mean the incredibly vibrant economy?

:laugh:

Watching them furiously scramble to try to depict this as a negative.

Oh yeah, and I believe the "photo op" crap is stuff the MSM started before Trump even left the country. They want failure, and they like to portray things negatively to their masses. But the fact is, it's off to a decent start, even if it is just a piece of paper on their first visit. The fact that he setup the meeting, and got things going with SK alone is amazing. Then denuking is on the table. Whether it pans out or not is left to see - but WHO would have thought a year ago, that Trump would be meeting with Kim, he would agree to denuking and signing off on it, and that the USA would back off with the exercises off the coast? Just a start, may be on paper alone thus far, but still never expected and is still a fantastic start.

The MSM claims "photo op" as to the reason and to escape domestic issues. Similar to Slick Willy - when asked how he would have done things differently in the 90's - claims that folks are going after him due to the current occupant of the WH. Huh? That makes ZERO sense. And hell - even the lefties are running around to the various boards to decry his words. NOT!

A good start with NK. And the economy that they rarely want to talk about anymore, is rocking and rolling like the Monsters of Rock concert I saw in the late 80's! :drums5:

CSM
06-12-2018, 11:09 AM
Let's face it, Trump could arrange the Second Coming and some would complain (probably starting with me...I ain't ready for it!). Doesn't matter what he does, the Dems and libs will rant and rave. I am surprised they didn't give Obama another peace prize for thinking about having a summit... probably didn't because he didn't announce it to the media.

NightTrain
06-12-2018, 11:27 AM

Sounds like someone has a little President envy.

Abbey Marie
06-12-2018, 12:34 PM
Sounds like someone has a little President envy.

Well, you can’t spell president without penis.

:coffee:

(Just a joke I couldn’t resist; not directed at you Pete).

pete311
06-12-2018, 12:46 PM
Trump's top diplomat. This is a special kind of MAGA crazy. Glad he's on your team.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gfprd27VJI

jimnyc
06-12-2018, 12:48 PM
Trump's top diplomat. This is a special kind of MAGA crazy. Glad he's on your team.

And yet they outright told him that he wasn't invited, and he didn't attend. He's a nutcase that has nothing to do with a "team". He's a fruit loop.

Abbey Marie
06-12-2018, 12:52 PM

At least with this administration we have something to count.

:salute:

High_Plains_Drifter
06-12-2018, 01:16 PM
PRESIDENT Trump - 2020 - without question.

The democrat propaganda wing - irrelevant clowns.

SassyLady
06-12-2018, 01:35 PM
I watched his entire press conference live and he was very impressive. Afterwards watched some of the left pundits and I continue to be amazed at how twisted the words are that come out of their mouth. Must be some really ugly crap in their heart.

Somewhere, there is a progressive talking point committee they subscribe to because they all say the same thing.

Ugh ... Liberal pundits, and some conservative ones as well, are getting redundant.

jimnyc
06-12-2018, 03:09 PM
Yups, been what I've been saying as well. They need full assurances & inspections & verification which would of course come with the inspections. That's great, because if NK wants money, which I'm sure they do, as they are getting hammered and more and more broke over there. So if they continue as it "sounds", and they actually fully dismantle their nuke program, THEN that would be huge. But it can't stop there, they would need to keep it going & hope that they would have continued cooperation. And then, somewhere along the line, if they were also to work with South Korea, and actually put an end to the "war", then again that would be huge. But some seriously big if's in there and an awful lot of expectations that would need to pan out. They aren't exactly known for their honesty and deal making.

---

Lawmakers Demand 'Complete, Verifiable, Irreversible Denuclearization' for Any Sanctions Relief

WASHINGTON -- A GOP senator behind crushing sanctions efforts on North Korea said he's happy that the "failed policy of strategic patience" is gone yet cautioned that there needs to be only one goal in engagement with dictator Kim Jong-un.

Sen. Cory Gardner (R-Colo.) said the summit "must be followed by multiple meetings to test North Korea’s promises of denuclearization, which they have made in the past and then repeatedly violated."

"Until such time as North Korea takes concrete steps to denuclearize, our policy should be to continue the maximum pressure campaign," he said. "The complete, verifiable, and irreversible denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula, as enshrined in U.S. law and multiple United Nations Security Council resolutions, must be the only goal."

A document signed by Kim and President Trump in Singapore provided no details, yet says Trump "committed to provide security guarantees to the DPRK, and Chairman Kim Jong Un reaffirmed his firm and unwavering commitment to complete denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula."

It also said the two parties "commit to recovering POW/MIA remains, including the immediate repatriation of those already identified" and would "commit to establish new U.S.–DPRK relations in accordance with the desire of the peoples of the two countries for peace and prosperity," but Trump did not say what those new relations would look like.

Trump agreed to end U.S.-South Korea military exercises, which he and North Korea both called provocative.

Rest - https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/lawmakers-demand-complete-verifiable-irreversible-denuclearization-for-any-sanctions-relief/

jimnyc
06-12-2018, 03:24 PM
China on Kim-Trump Summit: Trump Has Too Many ‘Unrealistic Ideas’

Chinese state media sought to reinject Beijing into the conversation following Tuesday’s historic summit between North Korean dictator Kim Jong-un and U.S. President Donald Trump, suggesting Americans “borrow some wisdom from Eastern philosophy” and abandon “unrealistic ideas” that the U.S. will not need China to mediate with Pyongyang.

Most of the commentary from government media on Wednesday morning local time arrived via the Global Times, which Beijing often uses as an unofficial mouthpiece. Several columns in the newspaper appeared to tepidly praise the summit between Trump and Kim while warning that, without Chinese intervention, any attempt at rehabilitating the bilateral relationship would be a failure.

One column warned Trump away from “unrealistic ideas” that Washington could soon render Beijing irrelevant in North Korean foreign policy.

“Trump may have to abandon unrealistic ideas that the US can become the main protagonist in North Korea’s economic story,” the Times warned. “The North Korean economy remains vulnerable following years of sanctions, so aid and investments are needed to rebuild its economy. The US and Europe are likely to be important sources of investment for North Korea if the UN Security Council loosens economic sanctions, but it is North Korea’s neighbors in Asia – such as China and South Korea – that will be main external drivers of North Korea’s economic rise.”

Rest - http://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2018/06/12/china-on-kim-trump-summit-trump-has-too-many-unrealistic-ideas/

Donald Trump Shows Kim Jong-un Promising Economic Future of North Korea

President Donald Trump showed North Korean dictator Kim Jong-un a bright economic future that was possible if he embraced freedom and diplomacy.

During the Singapore summit, Trump said he showed Kim a video revealing what was possible if he chose to denuclearize the region and open up his country to the world.

“That was a version of what could happen and take place,” he said, referring to the tape.

Trump commented that North Korea had “great beaches” that would make a great location for condos.

“You could have the best hotels in the world,” Trump said about his message to Kim. “Think of it from the real estate perspective.”

The president discussed his meeting with Kim during a press conference that lasted over an hour prior to his departure on Air Force One to return to the United States.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/06/12/donald-trump-shows-kim-jong-un-promising-economic-future-of-north-korea/

Drummond
06-12-2018, 06:09 PM

I feel sorry for you, Pete. Would your Leftist world come crashing down over your ears if you had to applaud Trump for achieving ANYTHING worthwhile AT ALL ?

You're already close to that point. So ... you see only what you prefer to see. Blot out recognition of a reality you may have to acknowledge one day soon, for as long as you can ....

Sad. :scared::scared::scared:

High_Plains_Drifter
06-12-2018, 06:11 PM
MONEY, is a great motivator... especially when you're BROKE.

Russ
06-12-2018, 06:45 PM
I'm amazed at how leftist news agencies like CNN and CBS kept repeating two alternating talking points:

Talking Point #1 - Nothing happened. Trump didn't do anything.

Talking Point #2 - Trump promised too much and didn't get anything back from Kim. Trump did too much.

Which stupid point are they trying to make? The two stupid points contradict each other, so they should decide which stupid point they want to focus on, and just stick with that stupid point.

SassyLady
06-12-2018, 08:15 PM
Hate to give them ratings points but love watching them chase their tails ... especially while their head is up their butt.

:blabla:

High_Plains_Drifter
06-12-2018, 08:15 PM
I'm amazed at how leftist news agencies like CNN and CBS kept repeating two alternating talking points:

Talking Point #1 - Nothing happened. Trump didn't do anything.

Talking Point #2 - Trump promised too much and didn't get anything back from Kim. Trump did too much.

Which stupid point are they trying to make? The two stupid points contradict each other, so they should decide which stupid point they want to focus on, and just stick with that stupid point.
That happens when they get their GROUP THINK MEMOS mixed up.

aboutime
06-12-2018, 08:28 PM

https://i.imgflip.com/1ihxec.jpghttps://i.pinimg.com/originals/9a/df/c0/9adfc0b7a54774219d4378f978324282.jpg

darin
06-13-2018, 01:16 AM
I trust KJU as much as anyone in charge in Iran.

But I also trust President Trump to out-fox anyone he desires.

pete311
06-13-2018, 08:51 AM
So we stopped military exercises. Remind me again, what we got in return?

Elessar
06-13-2018, 09:20 AM

How about the prospect of peace for the first time in well over 80 years in that region?

pete311
06-13-2018, 09:22 AM
How about the prospect of peace for the first time in well over 80 years in that region?

So now the US is the weaker player? Kim gets something and we get a prospect? They have promised to denuclearize like a dozen times in the past.

darin
06-13-2018, 09:28 AM
So now the US is the weaker player? Kim gets something and we get a prospect? They have promised to denuclearize like a dozen times in the past.

what do you know about the military exercises we stopped doing? Which ones did we stop? How would the exercises we stopped adversely affect Readiness? Specifically, what are you worried about?

jimnyc
06-13-2018, 09:31 AM

You are literally just looking for a reason to downplay the success of this thus far. WHAT in the world did you expect Trump to walk away with, besides an agreement that if pans out, would be beyond historic. Did you expect him to get a briefcase full of money? For Kim to retire and kill himself? To have come with all their weapons and personally hand them over to Trump? Seriously, what in the world did you expect from their first meeting? They met which was historic, they made an agreement that on paper would be fantastic. I think the opening stages couldn't have went any better. Now, now that the agreement has been made, I expect them to draw up further papers, and have future meetings, and those agreements would then need to pan out in reality.

But after one meeting, and coming out of the woodwork again to whine that we got nothing out of it, when thus far we got out of it some awesome declarations & his agreeing to denuke. If and when a time comes that he backs out and does nothing, that's one thing. But thus far? Excellent.

When Trump played him, and got prisoners with nothing in return, I don't recall you coming out of the woodwork.

Elessar
06-13-2018, 09:33 AM

Under what administration did Rodman first visit NoKo?

That's right - your Obama Hero.

.................................................. .................................................. ..............

I will take this comment back. I got the date wrong. It was 2017 instead of 2016.

You have not got the humility to admit when you boo-boo though pete.

But tell me - how did you assume Rodman was there as a diplomat?

Elessar
06-13-2018, 09:41 AM

Where did I say any of that except PROSPECT? Putting words in people's mouths again?

pete311
06-13-2018, 10:07 AM
Where did I say any of that except PROSPECT? Putting words in people's mouths again?

Where do you see I quoted you? I don't see quotes anywhere. I think it's quite obvious I used your word prospect and the rest is mine.

FakeNewsSux
06-13-2018, 10:08 AM

We got three hostages returned, a stoppage of all ballistic missile tests, a stoppage/pause of all nuclear tests and the decommissioning of their largest test facility as well as direct negotiations between NOKO/SOKO/US for the first time in history and agreement to negotiate a treaty to end the Korean War. Other than that, not much. I know that in the minds of most liberals/progressives this amounts to nothing due to the fact that in their hate filled, scorched earth mind set anything short of the death or impeachment of Pres. Trump is considered an outright failure.

jimnyc
06-13-2018, 10:13 AM
Where do you see I quoted you? I don't see quotes anywhere. I think it's quite obvious I used your word prospect and the rest is mine.

That's why I often ask folks to actually quote others, as it can be confusing and others thinking things are about them, when it's not. You'll have 5 people thinking the reply is towards them. Me, if I see something without a quote, I assume it's towards everyone.

Elessar
06-13-2018, 11:01 AM

You picked one word out of what I said and turned it back on me.

Don't give me your denial Bullshit, pete. You know exactly what you did.

As Jim said above, if you are going to quote someone - Do It. Don't pussy
out like you normally do.

SassyLady
06-13-2018, 02:44 PM

Billions of money saved.

SassyLady
06-13-2018, 02:47 PM

Why do you think it makes us weaker to elect to not have joint exercise in that area of the world? We still gave all the equipment and manpower. It's not like we blew everything up.

Pete, quit looking so hard for negatives. It will infect your soul. The cup's half full.

aboutime
06-13-2018, 07:08 PM

WE all know you hate Trump, and I'd dare say..You hate America too if Trump succeeds in any way and makes you and the dems look like the REAL ASSHOLES all of you are.