PDA

View Full Version : Little Ego Boost for All You Tough Guys :)

Gunny
06-13-2018, 10:06 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTRj_5Zxds4

Don't know about the rest of y'all, but any woman that can lift more than I weigh is scary :laugh: Probably not the one to argue with over how to decorate :)

Gunny
06-13-2018, 10:40 AM
Black Diamond I think the woman that shows in the link squatting 315 is just what the Dr ordered for you. Go ahead, tell her to get you a beer ....:laugh2:

Black Diamond
06-13-2018, 11:23 AM
@Black Diamond (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=2142) I think the woman that shows in the link squatting 315 is just what the Dr ordered for you. Go ahead, tell her to get you a beer ....:laugh2:
One in the pink is a beauty. I'll get her a beer no problem. Somehow I don't think she drinks cosmos.

Gunny
06-13-2018, 11:30 AM
One in the pink is a beauty. I'll get her a beer no problem. Somehow I don't think she drinks cosmos.

Don't think that's quite the way I put that :laugh:

Gunny
06-13-2018, 11:34 AM
Here's what I'm having a problem with. The "snatch"; which, is the name of a lift. I'm not quite sure how to point that out with a woman doing it without turning beet red. have girls kicking my butt up one side and down the other :laugh:

Gunny
06-13-2018, 11:38 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7fI7Y3CQ8Y

These people are unreal. Wish I was that young again.

Kathianne
06-13-2018, 11:51 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTRj_5Zxds4

Don't know about the rest of y'all, but any woman that can lift more than I weigh is scary :laugh: Probably not the one to argue with over how to decorate :)

Pretty sure the color scheme is PINK!

Black Diamond
06-13-2018, 11:53 AM
Here's what I'm having a problem with. The "snatch"; which, is the name of a lift. I'm not quite sure how to point that out with a woman doing it without turning beet red. have girls kicking my butt up one side and down the other :laugh:
I am the antithesis of PC person. But they need to change THAT name. :laugh:

Gunny
06-13-2018, 11:54 AM
Pretty sure the color scheme is PINK!
Who's to argue? :laugh2:

Gunny
06-13-2018, 12:00 PM
The thing I DON'T like about these kind of gyms? (2nd video) That little group is a "group". They all show at the same time and train at the same time. Been there done that back in the day. They may look like they're off on their own little program, but that is their little group.

Meaning, no noobs. You're in the club or you don't belong. Choose another time. Hard as Hell to learn anything that way. Think you can't always learn something? I've been lifting since 75 and those girls can snatch more than I can because I was never taught the proper technique. Hell, right now, that one girl can clean more than I can :(

I think I need a bodyguard :laugh:

Gunny
06-13-2018, 12:57 PM
My knees hurt now and that's just from watching :smoke:

Black Diamond
06-13-2018, 12:59 PM
When was the last meal she had that didn't include chicken breast ?

Gunny
06-13-2018, 01:20 PM
When was the last meal she had that didn't include chicken breast ?Who knows? These are powerlifters and Olympic lifters, not bodybuilders. I'm sure they eat healthy (as opposed to back in the day), but they aren't as restricted as bodybuilders who count their crap to the last pea.

The strongest I ever was I was eating a lot of red meat and eggs. It may have more fat than chicken of fish, but chicken and fish just don't cut it for me. Same with all these expensive, spectacular "strength formulas" they sell for $50. The $10 can of milk and egg protein worked just fine for me.

SassyLady
06-13-2018, 03:00 PM
I am the antithesis of PC person. But they need to change THAT name. :laugh:

Why change the word?

Snatch = quickly seize. :cheers2:

Gunny
06-13-2018, 04:13 PM
Wel, why don't I just set my sights a little higher? (dripping with sarcasm) The 2nd video? US Olympic Trials. Nothing like starting off measuring yourself against the cream of the crop of Olympic lifters in the entire country:rolleyes:

I wonder how badly I would injure myself working out like that .....:laugh:

aboutime
06-13-2018, 07:03 PM

So, how would you feel about the CLEAN & JERK???? Not to worry. Today...women have dirtier minds than men. Just ask them.:laugh::laugh::laugh:
No offense to our member ladies. But none of you will agree with me...RIGHT?

Gunny
06-13-2018, 08:30 PM
So, how would you feel about the CLEAN & JERK???? Not to worry. Today...women have dirtier minds than men. Just ask them.:laugh::laugh::laugh:
No offense to our member ladies. But none of you will agree with me...RIGHT?I really didn't think about that one because I have never called it that. I was never an Olympic-style lifter in an Olympic lifting environment.

We called it clean -n press. Sounds like laundry :laugh: Power lifters/strength lifters usually do just the power clean as a separate exercise from overhead presses. The only lift they really have in common is the squat.

The ladies can answer the other part of your question themselves :laugh:

SassyLady
06-13-2018, 11:41 PM
No offense to our member ladies. But none of you will agree with me...RIGHT?

Made me laugh.

:rofl1:

darin
06-14-2018, 05:01 AM
the women in those vids are really attractive. Good for them. Own that strength.

Gunny
06-14-2018, 04:39 PM
the women in those vids are really attractive. Good for them. Own that strength.There ARE some attractive women in the videos. As a gym rat, I can more appreciate the determination, dedication and discipline that goes into lifting that much weight.

The second video especially are not bodybuilders. They're not trying to look pretty. They're all about adding 2, 2 1/2 lb plates to each side of the bar next time they lift.

Would have been nice if they had gyms like that when I was younger and started lifting. Good equipment and people who had a plan. We got stuck with the Ted Williams Sears vinyl-coated-cement weights and Mom's piano bench (when she wasn't home, of course :))

High_Plains_Drifter
06-14-2018, 04:43 PM
IDK... I kinda like women that just look normal and attractive.

I don't find a "six pack" or "muscular arms" on a woman attractive in the slightest.

High_Plains_Drifter
06-14-2018, 04:50 PM
Which one would you pick? #1 or #2?

https://image.ibb.co/gjuhud/hot.jpg

https://image.ibb.co/hsZ47y/not_hot.jpg

Gunny
06-14-2018, 04:57 PM
#2 is a bodybuilder. Not my style.

I posted the thread in regard to their ability, not their looks. But I'll take the brunette Olympic lifter over the model any day. I don't care for Barbie dolls.

High_Plains_Drifter
06-14-2018, 09:14 PM
I'd take the Barbie Doll over the olympic power lifter any day.

Glad to know we don't have to fight over women... :laugh: