PDA

View Full Version : Nom Nom!

Kathianne
06-14-2018, 01:21 AM
Abbey I'm unlikely to ever be 'a vegetarian,' but I eat vegetarian most of the time. LOL! Today there were lots of veggies on sale at both Safeway and Kroger. When I got home I found myself with: red onions, broccoli, red and yellow peppers, asparagus, cauliflower, Brussel sprouts, carrots, along with green and yellow zucchini squash! Yeah, overdid that a bit. LOL!

So, I roasted a major portion of my take home. Salt & pepper, garlic olive oil, cumin, red pepper flakes, cayenne powder, garlic and onion powders. Started with carrots and added the rest at 10-minute intervals depending on their 'roasting times.' All in all, about 50 minutes.

I warmed up a flour tortilla, added some roasted garlic hummus, put a good amount of veggies on. Burrito! Really good. I was going to make seasoned rice to go with, but so many veggies, decided not to. Still have a lot left over, going to see how I like them cold. I'm quite sure they are going to be great in a frittata-might be my new favorite!

darin
06-14-2018, 02:03 AM
you are eating the food my food eats! :)

Kathianne
06-14-2018, 02:27 AM
you are eating the food my food eats! :)
LOL! Well like I said to Abbey, both are tasty! :) I do eat meat, just not as much as I used to, nor in the quantities I did. I may have mentioned that when I first went shopping after moving, there was this 'great' sale on sirloin steaks-which I like better than more marbled, go figure. Anyways, it was a buy 1 get 2 deal. Family packs! For me. LOL! After cutting into portions, I had like 18 steaks. I did eat one as a meal, I've cooked 2 more. I sliced them, made sandwiches or added to salad greens. I steak=3 meals. I didn't used to do that.

Same with chicken, mostly I season, cook, shred. Use it in soups, sammies, or salads.

Once I really dent the steaks, probably going to take a couple months, gonna buy a pork shoulder and make pulled pork. It's as versatile or moreso than chicken. ;)

Abbey Marie
06-14-2018, 09:34 AM
@Abbey (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=11) I'm unlikely to ever be 'a vegetarian,' but I eat vegetarian most of the time. LOL! Today there were lots of veggies on sale at both Safeway and Kroger. When I got home I found myself with: red onions, broccoli, red and yellow peppers, asparagus, cauliflower, Brussel sprouts, carrots, along with green and yellow zucchini squash! Yeah, overdid that a bit. LOL!

So, I roasted a major portion of my take home. Salt & pepper, garlic olive oil, cumin, red pepper flakes, cayenne powder, garlic and onion powders. Started with carrots and added the rest at 10-minute intervals depending on their 'roasting times.' All in all, about 50 minutes.

I warmed up a flour tortilla, added some roasted garlic hummus, put a good amount of veggies on. Burrito! Really good. I was going to make seasoned rice to go with, but so many veggies, decided not to. Still have a lot left over, going to see how I like them cold. I'm quite sure they are going to be great in a frittata-might be my new favorite!

Sounds great, Kath!

When I go to a Mexican restaurant and order fajitas with no meat, they look at me like I’m crazy, lol.
I’m not really vegetarian these days. More of a pescatarian if anything. I’ve always eaten seafood, and I will sometimes eat chicken/turkey because I need easy protein, and eating out can be difficult at times otherwise. But no other meats for about 25 years now. Since my FIL died from pancreatic cancer, and I did some research on causes, I am so incredibly glad I got my family to not-eat it as well.