PDA

View Full Version : Massive New Oil Field in Alaska

NightTrain
06-17-2018, 09:53 PM
Missed this story last week.

3 Billion barrel oil field! And there's more.

http://video.foxbusiness.com/v/5795295822001/?#sp=show-clips

Drill, baby, drill!

NightTrain
06-17-2018, 09:58 PM
To put this into perspective, this field alone can supply the entire planet for over 10 years at the current consumption rate.

High_Plains_Drifter
06-17-2018, 09:59 PM
Holy cow... but yet the price of gas just keeps going up.

Good thing I don't drive that new Camaro much, it drinks premium.

FakeNewsSux
06-17-2018, 10:12 PM
To put this into perspective, this field alone can supply the entire planet for over 10 years at the current consumption rate.

I can only think back and laugh about a class on the Petroleum Economy I took at the University of Wisconsin back in 1976 that was predicting that the world's oil reserves should be tapped out shortly after the turn of the century.

High_Plains_Drifter
06-20-2018, 08:18 AM
I can only think back and laugh about a class on the Petroleum Economy I took at the University of Wisconsin back in 1976 that was predicting that the world's oil reserves should be tapped out shortly after the turn of the century.
UW Madison? FakeNewsSux

I was drag racing around the capitol square in one of my hotrods back in those days. We used to call it "grease a lap," or drive around the "carousel."

FakeNewsSux
06-20-2018, 09:18 AM
UW Madison? @FakeNewsSux (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=3879)

I was drag racing around the capitol square in one of my hotrods back in those days. We used to call it "grease a lap," or drive around the "carousel."

Yep, I was there from 1975-1981 (took a year off in '79 to travel thru central America) what a wild ride! Worked as a chef at Porta Bella during school with this Mexican named Sergio who drag raced motorcycles. He had a Suzuki 1100 if I remember correctly and after work we would take it out on the Beltline and run it up to 115 with me holding on for dear life all the way out to Sauk City!

High_Plains_Drifter
06-20-2018, 09:35 AM
Yep, I was there from 1975-1981 (took a year off in '79 to travel thru central America) what a wild ride! Worked as a chef at Porta Bella during school with this Mexican named Sergio who drag raced motorcycles. He had a Suzuki 1100 if I remember correctly and after work we would take it out on the Beltline and run it up to 115 with me holding on for dear life all the way out to Sauk City!
I graduated HS in 1973 from McFarland, just SE of Madison a couple miles. We'd drive around the square endlessly on a Friday and/or Saturday night, what a trip, just like American Graffiti. When and if we found someone to race we'd head off down East Washington, race, then back up to the square.

You MUST have had a GYRO at the PARTHENON on States Street then too... man were those ever good. I hear it's not that great anymore.

FakeNewsSux
06-20-2018, 09:41 AM
I graduated HS in 1973 from McFarland, just SE of Madison a couple miles. We'd drive around the square endlessly on a Friday and/or Saturday night, what a trip, just like American Graffiti. When and if we found someone to race we'd head off down East Washington, race, then back up to the square.

You MUST have had a GYRO at the PARTHENON on States Street then too... man were those ever good. I hear it's not that great anymore.

Of course the Parthenon was a regular bar time stop after stumbling out of the Plaza as well as "Taco Death" across State St. Just ask Taco Junkie, an old roommate of mine from Oregon just south of town on Park Street.

High_Plains_Drifter
06-20-2018, 10:53 AM
Of course the Parthenon was a regular bar time stop after stumbling out of the Plaza as well as "Taco Death" across State St. Just ask Taco Junkie, an old roommate of mine from Oregon just south of town on Park Street.
Park street has turned into a jungle. I stay out of Madison at all cost anymore. It's a liberal democrat cess pool. That university, or more accurately described, democrat indoctrination center, is the cause of 99% of it.

I went to college over in Fennimore. Small town, small campus. Didn't notice any unusual democrat shit happening over there, thankfully.

Black Diamond
06-20-2018, 08:45 PM
Holy cow... but yet the price of gas just keeps going up.

Good thing I don't drive that new Camaro much, it drinks premium.
It's back down. I paid $2.70 today.