PDA

View Full Version : Outrage grows as families are separated. Will Trump change his policy?

jimnyc
06-18-2018, 09:49 AM
So you're a single father or mother. You are on probation and you commit a violation. You are sent to community jail for 15 days. Do you get to bring your children with you? Of course not, that's silly to even think so. Then we have folks from other countries coming here and entering illegally, which is a crime. I compared to the other as they would both technically be considered low level crimes. So these criminals too get arrested/jailed/detention or whatever you want to call it. It's foolish to think they should be able to take their children with them

IMO, if folks want this solved properly, and to keep those families from being separated, then deny entry at the border and send them packing. And also include a note in multiple languages about the law and why they are being denied entry, and what they need to do to come back legally. Also in the note, that if someone gets caught trying to enter illegally multiple times, that then they will be arrested, and that they cannot bring their children with them when they hit the clink. But to just keep them together and treat them with kid gloves, maybe catch and release, create "family" facilities to handle the onslaught... It's supposed to be a deterrent, not a thrilling entry and a party like environment.

If anything changes, it should be similar to what I wrote above.

And daily various folks keep up with the detention camps crap, and kids going to showers, living in cages & now one refers to them as japanese internment camps. :rolleyes:

---

Outrage grows as families are separated. Will Trump change his policy?

(CNN)The White House's "zero tolerance" immigration policy and resulting separations of undocumented parents and kids is exploding into the most emotive and politically unpredictable test yet of President Donald Trump's effort to change the character of America.

As outrage grows over traumatic stories of families being torn apart, the big question this week in Washington is how long the controversial practice will be politically sustainable amid a wave of criticism.

A related issue is whether Trump will pay a political price for his false claim that the separations are the fault of Democrats, and not the result of his own administration's change in how undocumented immigrants are treated.

Those questions are likely to be shaped by increasing calls for the administration to consider the morality of separating families. It's not just the usual Democrats who are criticizing the administration -- some prominent Republicans, including first lady Melania Trump and former first lady Laura Bush, religious leaders and influential figures in Trump's conservative evangelical base are also speaking out.

Rest - https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/18/politics/immigration-trump-congress-family-separation/index.html

Border Patrol Chief Backs Child Separation Policy

Manuel Padilla Jr., Border Patrol chief for the Rio Grande Valley, defended separating children from parents who cross into the U.S. illegally.

Padilla was interviewed Monday on TV’s "CBS This Morning." A video excerpt of the interview was posted on the show’s Twitter account.

"We created this situation by not doing anything," he said.

But Padilla cautioned many of the reports concerning separations are totally false.

"There’s a story of a child being removed from a breast-feeding mother," he said. "Absolutely not true."

Asked about a claim that some parents were told their children were being taken away just for a bath and never returned, Padilla said: "Very respectfully, that’s misinformation that is out there.

"Every family member gets a sheet with information to keep track of their child – to get information where their child is. We have a sheet that we give out to the parents. There’s an information sheet that explains the entire process: You violated the law. You are going to go through the judicial process. While you’re going through this process, you are going to be temporarily separated from your child and reunited at the point where you serve your sentence.”

He urged people to look at the issue objectively – without emotion or political bias.

In a weekend interview with The Washington Post, Padilla said the number of families affected in his sector could double.

He noted agents had separated 568 parents from kids since April 6. That number represents only half of the parents who could be prosecuted, the newspaper said.

"We are trying to build to 100 percent prosecution of everybody that is eligible,” he said. "We are not there yet, but that is our intent."

https://www.newsmax.com/politics/manuel-padilla-jr-border-patrol-chief-rio-grande-valley/2018/06/18/id/866719/

pete311
06-18-2018, 10:01 AM
Even Scaramucci and Laura Bush came out against the policy. 5 different people in the white house gave 5 very different answers to the policy. It's a total circus. Prosecute the parents, but don't separate families. Jim when you go to jail for 15 days your child is not shipped across country to a detention center.

jimnyc
06-18-2018, 10:08 AM
Even Scaramucci and Laura Bush came out against the policy. 5 different people in the white house gave 5 very different answers to the policy. It's a total circus. Prosecute the parents, but don't separate families. Jim when you go to jail for 15 days your child is not shipped across country to a detention center.

Just because they disagree doesn't mean squat really, it simply means they disagree.

And yes, Americans, if child is "unattended" when the parents go to jail - CPS will take them. Until one gets out of jail for their criminal activity. then it doesn't matter where their kids are.

It's no different to me than the nitwits that go purposely to shoplift at Walmart for example, and bring their young children along with them for their criminal activity. WTF do they think will happen to the kids of they go to jail?

If parents remained 'responsible' and followed the law, they don't ever have to worry about having their kid separated from them.

LOki
06-18-2018, 11:56 AM
My understanding is that the children of immigrants entering this country legally are NOT being separated from their parents.

The story that's being spun here--that narrative--appears to be OBVIOUS partisan disinformation.

There is no "policy" identified that directs law enforcement to separate the children of legal immigrants from their parents.

What law enforcement seems to be clearly doing is separating children from criminals.

I'll concede that it is entirely likely that many of the adults--the adult criminals--that these children are being separated from are the parents of said children. But this is not always the case, every time children are accompanied by an adult.

All these adults are, however, criminals. And while they are being processed, these criminals are going to be detained and confined with other criminals. Other criminals who may be up to much more serious mischief than picking tomatoes without proper work documents, or running an unlicensed taco stand.

It is inappropriate to confine children with criminals.

It is ENTIRELY appropriate to separate children from criminals.

I see no argument here. It's a necessary first step.

Black Diamond
06-18-2018, 12:35 PM
Why does anyone care what Laura Bush believes about this issue or any other issue? I like her but.....

and why, all of a sudden, does the left champion her beliefs? It wasn't long ago they were accusing her of murdering her boyfriend with her car.

High_Plains_Drifter
06-18-2018, 12:45 PM
What "outrage?"

jimnyc
06-18-2018, 03:02 PM
With the ACTUAL treatment that they receive, not the internment camps... :rolleyes:

They seem to get taken care of and much quicker than the US military veterans ever did. Every single person that has condemned the Trump administration - I wonder how many of them were just as active in condemning their treatment, and demanding instant changes?

---

DHS Secretary: Children Are Being Taken Care Of — ‘Don’t Believe The Press’

Monday at the National Sheriff’s Association conference, in New Orleans, Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen said press reports of mistreatment of immigrant children separated from their families were not accurate.

Nielsen said “It is important to note that these minors are very well taken care of — don’t believe the press. They are very well taken care of. You know this, as many of you have detention facilities of your own. We operate according to some of the highest standards in the country. We provide food, medical, education and all the needs that child requests.”

She continued, “Let’s be honest, there’s some who would like to us look the other way when dealing with families at the border and not enforce the law passed by Congress, including, unfortunately, some members of Congress. Past administrations may have done so, but we will not. We do not have the luxury of pretending that all individuals coming to this country as a family unit are, in fact, a family. We have to do our job. We will not apologize for doing our job. We have sworn to do this job.”

She added, “This administration has a simple message. If you cross the border illegally, we will prosecute you. If you make a false immigration claim, we will prosecute you. If you smuggle illegal aliens across an extraordinarily dangerous journey, we will prosecute you. But I have also made clear you do not need to break the law of this country by entering illegally to claim asylum. If you are seeking asylum, go to a port of entry.”

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2018/06/18/dhs-secretary-children-are-being-taken-care-of-dont-believe-the-press/

Gunny
06-18-2018, 04:41 PM
Plain English for the slow: Immigration in the US is LAW. It was not Obama's "policy" to change. It is not Trump's "policy" to change. The President can propose to Congress a change in the law.

This entire charade by the left is intellectually dishonest; yet, they're rolling with it like it's all Trump's doing. Trump is quite right to lay Congress's responsibility on Congress. Duh.

High_Plains_Drifter
06-18-2018, 05:06 PM
This is what the radical fascist democraps do... they LIE, and DEMONSTRATE, and LIE, and DEMONSTRATE, and LIE, and DEMONSTRATE... but don't think people aren't watching, and not "getting," but already ARE fed up to the gills with the SHIT.

We need another civil war.

aboutime
06-18-2018, 08:10 PM
https://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/33e859df1792afad5c12a23237880908e97504ef/c=248-0-3993-2809&r=x404&c=534x401/local/-/media/Indianapolis/2014/07/31/2014401836638-was8854588.jpg20140729.jpghttp://bluepillsheep.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/Hillary-Clinton-Lies-On-Seperating-Illegal-Immigrant-Families.jpg
https://pics.me.me/children-in-a-concentration-camp-1938-other98-children-in-an-33549546.pnghttp://media.breitbart.com/media/cdn/mediaserver/Breitbart/Big-Government/2013/Immigration/dream_act_obama_ap_photo.jpghttps://pbs.twimg.com/media/Df1TpOxV4AAzVtj.jpghttps://amp.businessinsider.com/images/5b0dafa31ae66245008b4885-750-375.jpg

Drummond
06-19-2018, 08:44 AM
If, in fact, families are being separated (the UK media says children are separated from parents, and it's a fairly big news story here, at present ..) -- WHY is so much emphasis for this being placed on the Trump Administration, if not as just a further excuse to demonise it ?

There is NO mention, here, of anything like this happening on Obama's watch (surprise, surprise).

The real point here is that parents who create the conditions where such a thing could happen, bear ultimate responsibility. THEIR actions lead to this. It's THAT simple !!!

pete311
06-19-2018, 09:36 AM
A key point here is that this is happening to asslyum seekers who check in at the border.

jimnyc
06-19-2018, 09:40 AM
A key point here is that this is happening to asslyum seekers who check in at the border.

Is that where folks are supposed to go in seeking asylum? And no paperwork or other reasoning needed? What would then stop EVERYONE from claiming they are seeking asylum at the border?

High_Plains_Drifter
06-19-2018, 09:41 AM
What you mean to say is, the same criminal invaders from the same shit hole countries that are now working a new LIE to game the system in an attempt to gain access to America.

Drummond
06-19-2018, 10:24 AM

Seeking asylum isn't the same as having had it granted. Until it is, anyone crossing the border, does so illegally.

Effectively, they're saying 'We're here. So, you must house and provide for us until the legalities (if any finalised !) are dealt with'.

That, surely, is massively arrogant !!

FakeNewsSux
06-19-2018, 12:04 PM

Over 80% of asylum seekers have been adjudged by the courts to have no merit. That is why they bring the kids. Knowing that asylum cases take longer than the time we are allowed to hold the kids, the previous administration allowed the family into the country with a promise to appear at a later date. Well over 90% never appear for that hearing and voila, the kids become "dreamers" and eligible for legalization. The Democrat dream, legalization of criminality.

But this isn't even why this bullshit is a wall-to-wall national concern. The Democrats and their propaganda arm in the media desperately needed a shiny object to distract the public from a devastating IG report on the hyper-partisan criminal activity at the top of the FBI. Have you noticed how much attention the IG's report has gotten vs the child "crises" (that's been going on for decades) at the border?

FakeNewsSux
06-19-2018, 12:13 PM
Of the 12,000 children being held in detention centers, 10,000 were unaccompanied when they crossed the border. Damn, no mama's arms to rip them out of! But the reason there are so many unaccompanied minors is due to an Obama policy to let them in, distribute them around the country, legalize them and then use them to 'unify' families by bringing in the rest of the extended family. This is how you blow up the orderly, legal immigration laws established by Congress. If this plan was hatched by anyone other than The Dear Leader, they would be rotting away in federal prison for the rest of their lives on child trafficking charges.

pete311
06-19-2018, 12:27 PM
Is that where folks are supposed to go in seeking asylum? And no paperwork or other reasoning needed? What would then stop EVERYONE from claiming they are seeking asylum at the border?

Asylum seekers claim their lives are in danger, so no paperwork. It's supposed to be a life and death situation. Each case is investigated. I would imagine many that who claim to seek asylum don't pass the smell test and waved away. Some rightly do.

Gunny
06-19-2018, 12:28 PM
A key point here is that this is happening to asslyum seekers who check in at the border.That's not a point. It's an excuse. What do you call an asylum seeker? An illegal immigrant if they're on this side of the border.

No work in your home country is NOT a valid reason to be granted asylum.

pete311
06-19-2018, 12:31 PM
Seeking asylum isn't the same as having had it granted. Until it is, anyone crossing the border, does so illegally.

Effectively, they're saying 'We're here. So, you must house and provide for us until the legalities (if any finalised !) are dealt with'.

That, surely, is massively arrogant !!

You are free to argue its merit, but it's been the US custom to protect/shelter lives that are truly in danger (for documented reasons).

pete311
06-19-2018, 12:32 PM
That's not a point. It's an excuse. What do you call an asylum seeker? An illegal immigrant if they're on this side of the border.

No work in your home country is NOT a valid reason to be granted asylum.

The US has clear guidelines on seeking asylum so I don't know what your talking about
https://www.uscis.gov/humanitarian/refugees-asylum/asylum/obtaining-asylum-united-states

jimnyc
06-19-2018, 12:34 PM
Asylum seekers claim their lives are in danger, so no paperwork. It's supposed to be a life and death situation. Each case is investigated. I would imagine many that who claim to seek asylum don't pass the smell test and waved away. Some rightly do.

Of course there is paperwork, and in this case it's I589 - and asylum seekers are STILL supposed to come here LEGALLY and then apply to stay via asylum. Again, if not, EVERY illegal can simply claim to be seeking asylum, with no paperwork. It doesn't work that way.

Elessar
06-19-2018, 12:36 PM

THIS IS NOT DIRECTED TO YOU, pete311, JUST ADDING CLARITY.

The process correctly done is this:

In the country of origin, a person can go to the U.S. Embassy requesting paperwork
to begin the process.

This form needs to be completed in full and signed: https://www.uscis.gov/i-589
Note that there are additional forms in the left margin that could be useful to begin a legal process as well.

Once examined, there will likely be a hearing to determine eligibility. If it is positive,
the person need only to present it to Customs Border Patrol at the point of entry to the USA.

Just traveling to the border, demanding asylum is not going to go well.
This is what we are seeing now with upholding our LAW as being viewed by many on the liberal left
as being cruel, racist, or any of a myriad of other modifiers.

Put it this way, if someone knocks on your door, family in tow, and demands shelter, food, medicine,
schooling,employment for him and his family, do you as a gracious liberal allow them in?

If not, then why should we as a nation allow it to be done illegally?

If so, then trot down to the nearest Customs or INS office and offer to sponsor them,
thus assuming full responsibility for them and their 'family'.

jimnyc
06-19-2018, 12:36 PM
The US has clear guidelines on seeking asylum so I don't know what your talking about
https://www.uscis.gov/humanitarian/refugees-asylum/asylum/obtaining-asylum-united-states

Thank you, and those guidelines backup what I was saying.

And if someone DOES show up, cross illegally and have no paperwork - then they get detained like every other person coming across the border illegally.

pete311
06-19-2018, 12:37 PM
Of course there is paperwork, and in this case it's I589 - and asylum seekers are STILL supposed to come here LEGALLY and then apply to stay via asylum. Again, if not, EVERY illegal can simply claim to be seeking asylum, with no paperwork. It doesn't work that way.

My point is you apply when you arrive.

jimnyc
06-19-2018, 12:39 PM
My point is you apply when you arrive.

And then get treated as an illegal alien. Unless of course they entered legally and then file the appropriate paperwork. Applying for asylum when caught crossing over a border isn't a get out of jail free card, nor would it be so if they tried to reach a legal port of entry.

jimnyc
06-19-2018, 12:44 PM
I wonder why liberals never answer my questions.

Why should an illegal immigrant be treated any differently than an American that goes to jail for a legal reason? Why is there suddenly so much craziness about this, even though it also happened under Obama's term? Yes, families were in enclosed fenced areas back in 2014 as well. Why so much sudden sympathy for these families and these children - and daily and yearly, very little, if any, sympathy and outrage for the treatment of veterans? What about the treatment of impoverished children? The illegals kids get better treatment than they do.

Sure, I'm more than confident that many folks feel bad. It sucks, but breaking the law has consequences. But I'm also more than confident that this is more about condemning Trump, as usual of course, even though such things were happening before and no outrage at all.

https://i.imgur.com/nw13LTk.jpg

pete311
06-19-2018, 12:45 PM
And then get treated as an illegal alien. Unless of course they entered legally and then file the appropriate paperwork. Applying for asylum when caught crossing over a border isn't a get out of jail free card, nor would it be so if they tried to reach a legal port of entry.

Yes, but those that pass the initial smell test I think should be treated differently than someone just hopping the border for other reasons. Asylum seekers should be registering at a port of entry.

jimnyc
06-19-2018, 12:50 PM
Yes, but those that pass the initial smell test I think should be treated differently than someone just hopping the border for other reasons. Asylum seekers should be registering at a port of entry.

Wanting them treated differently is one thing, but that's not always reality. They should have the form ready and extremely valid proof if they expect to be treated differently than any other illegal.

If it's a woman and her child coming from an area known for it's current war or a reason to assume one's life is truly in danger, then perhaps those folks should and could be released quicker than others. But it's not as easy as claiming asylum, nor should it be. Illegals in many ways are costing us millions and million and millions.

Gunny
06-19-2018, 12:51 PM
You are free to argue its merit, but it's been the US custom to protect/shelter lives that are truly in danger (for documented reasons).

Yeah. That.

jimnyc
06-19-2018, 12:59 PM
They blame Trump and then claim that separating families is a form of child abuse. Huh?

Again, what about the endless amounts that go to jail, and the kids go to CPS/foster care? We're talking about folks getting separated due to forms of detention/incarceration.

But it's now only started to be child abuse under Trump. :rolleyes:

---

Experts say psychological impact of family separation on par with abuse

There’s a vivid term mental health experts use to describe the destruction of the love of life in another human being, especially in a child: It's called “soul murder.” It can happen as a result of physical abuse, they say, but just as easily, as a result of psychological violence, including when children are separated from their parents.

“Two of the most damaging childhood adversities are loss of the attachment bond with the parents and childhood physical and sexual abuse,” University of Texas psychiatry professor Luis Zayas told ABC News. “If you want to damage someone permanently, expose him or her to one or both of these traumas.”

Speaking to the National Sheriffs' Association Monday, Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen said that "it is important to note that these minors are very well taken care of — don’t believe the press. They are very well taken care of.”

Maybe so, but for children and adolescents forced separation is still psychological damaging, whatever the physical circumstances of the facility where they are housed.

“No amount of colorful rooms with lots of great toys, regular meals, and health and education services takes away the psychological impact of losing your parents,” said Zayas, the dean of UT Austin’s School of Social Work. “The damage that will be done will last a lifetime.”

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/experts-psychological-impact-family-separation-par-abuse-034507207--abc-news-topstories.html

Gunny
06-19-2018, 01:04 PM
https://www.uscis.gov/humanitarian/refugees-asylum/asylum/obtaining-asylum-united-statesWillful ignorance doesn't make the facts disappear. Looking for a better opportunity is NOT a reason for asylum.

DO ignore the fact that most asylum seekers are doing just THAT and lying about any threat in their home country. Obama glossed it over and Sessions isn't buying. That mass of people wouldn't even be on our border if not for the mass hysteria created by the left. Or did you conveniently miss their mass march straight through Mexico?

When every US CITIZEN has a job and a home, THEN talk to me about letting other people's refuse come in and take them. Otherwise, you're misrepresenting the facts/truth to WRONG stone wall.

Bad enough I have to put up with leftwingers fleeing their own states THEIR politics have ruined and coming to try and ruin mine.

Just a bunch of locusts. The lot of you.

pete311
06-19-2018, 01:18 PM
Willful ignorance doesn't make the facts disappear. Looking for a better opportunity is NOT a reason for asylum.

DO ignore the fact that most asylum seekers are doing just THAT and lying about any threat in their home country. Obama glossed it over and Sessions isn't buying. That mass of people wouldn't even be on our border if not for the mass hysteria created by the left. Or did you conveniently miss their mass march straight through Mexico?

When every US CITIZEN has a job and a home, THEN talk to me about letting other people's refuse come in and take them. Otherwise, you're misrepresenting the facts/truth to WRONG stone wall.

Bad enough I have to put up with leftwingers fleeing their own states THEIR politics have ruined and coming to try and ruin mine.

Just a bunch of locusts. The lot of you.

I agree looking for a job is not a reason for asylum. When did we disagree?

Do you have any data to support your claims or just speculation?

jimnyc
06-19-2018, 01:44 PM
More to backup what I said earlier, and yesterday... the other was impoverished children in America. Not to mention the costs involved, once again.

---

Child Border Crossers Enjoy Nearly 3X Higher Standard of Living than Average Middle Class American Children

Migrant children who cross into the United States either alone or with adults have a nearly three times higher standard of living when in federal custody than the average, middle class American child.

In Fiscal Year 2017, the federal government referred nearly 41,000 unaccompanied minor border crossers to the Unaccompanied Alien Children program which is facilitated by the Office of Refugee Resettlement.

According to data provided to Breitbart News, each unaccompanied minor costs American taxpayers roughly $34,660 annually. This is a nearly three times higher standard of living than the average, American middle class child.

In an American middle class family of four, each child costs their parents about $12,980 a year. This is far below what unaccompanied minor border crossers cost U.S. taxpayers when they enter the Unaccompanied Alien Children program.

Previously, Breitbart News reported how these unaccompanied minor border crossers live better than the more than 13 million American children who remain in poverty.

https://i.imgur.com/c9jzRMJ.png

Overall, about $1.4 billion is spent on unaccompanied minor border crossers every year, which American taxpayers underwrite, as Breitbart News reported.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/06/19/child-border-crossers-enjoy-nearly-3x-higher-standard-of-living-than-average-middle-class-american-children/

FakeNewsSux
06-19-2018, 02:21 PM
And as we debate the nuances of US immigration policy and who is more compassionate than who, let us not forget the reason this became an overwhelming cause celebre:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tS9FfL8kNxQ

jimnyc
06-19-2018, 02:30 PM
Did Ivanka make this policy? The attacks on the Trump family are disgusting. Photos of kids, and they get bombarded with hatred.

And Trump isn't absent on the issue, he's enforcing the law, thankfully.

---

Meghan McCain calls out Ivanka over child separation at border

Meghan McCain asked why Ivanka Trump has not spoken publicly against immigration officials temporarily separating children from their parents who have crossed the border illegally.

The comments came during a panel discussion on “The View” on the issue.

“Well, there are people right now, with Sen. Ted Cruz being at the top of this on the right, saying that he wants to have an emergency bill to keep these families together,” McCain explained. “He wants to mandate that illegal immigrant families be kept together unless there are aggravated criminal conduct, authorize new shelters, provide expedited resolution for asylum claims within in 14 days.”

“There’s a lot of people on the right pushing back on this,” she added. “I actually thought this morning when I was watching — there’s a horrible audio that came out of children, screaming, crying, which I don’t understand how you can listen to that and not feel somewhat differently about this. But where is Ivanka [Trump] in all this? Because she’s all for women and mothers and she has a White House role and a job. And I’m interested that her whole platform has been women and mothers, and she doesn’t have anything to say in this.”

“I find [President Donald] Trump’s overall absence in this more surprising,” Sarah Haines interjected. “Because he is the guy that on the heels of a few weeks of saying he can pardon himself, he can pardon anyone. According to [Rudy] Giuliani, he could shoot [James] Comey and get away with that. He has all the power in his hands and a problem comes and he says this isn’t mine, it’s Congress.”

jimnyc
06-19-2018, 02:36 PM
He should own this 100% though instead of blaming the democrats. Point out there continued hypocrisy, yes, but own up to 100% - even though it has been done before. I do like what he wants - but just be clear and honest about it.

---

Trump defiant: 'we must always arrest illegals'

President Donald Trump is defiantly holding the line on his zero-tolerance policy toward illegal immigrants, urging Democratic lawmakers to give in and accept his legislative immigration demands.

https://i.imgur.com/9vIKwt2.png

https://i.imgur.com/Kc6fj1g.png

Trump’s tweets defending the practice come as his administration is criminally prosecuting anyone who enters the U.S. illegally. The criminal prosecution results in a brief separation of illegal family units and has drawn immense criticism from the media and Democratic lawmakers.

Trump and the White House have instead said that if Congress wants the practice to end, they must instead pass his preferred immigration legislation through Congress, which would fund his border wall, end chain migration and end the diversity visa lottery system.

http://dailycaller.com/2018/06/19/trump-defiant-always-arrest-illegals/

Gunny
06-19-2018, 02:48 PM
I agree looking for a job is not a reason for asylum. When did we disagree?

Do you have any data to support your claims or just speculation?Did I not just several days ago post a lengthy explanation of your little MO? That "what I didn't say" shit doesn't fly with ME.

Got a whole section of the city you can come interview. You might find a LEGAL immigrant in the lot. Might even find one that didn't lie his/her ass off to get asylum. I find explaining and/or supporting the existence of the sky and it being blue rather tedious and boring when should I bother to do so you would just ignore it/deflect anyway.

Gunny
06-19-2018, 02:51 PM
He should own this 100% though instead of blaming the democrats. Point out there continued hypocrisy, yes, but own up to 100% - even though it has been done before. I do like what he wants - but just be clear and honest about it.

---

Trump defiant: 'we must always arrest illegals'

President Donald Trump is defiantly holding the line on his zero-tolerance policy toward illegal immigrants, urging Democratic lawmakers to give in and accept his legislative immigration demands.

https://i.imgur.com/9vIKwt2.png

https://i.imgur.com/Kc6fj1g.png

Trump’s tweets defending the practice come as his administration is criminally prosecuting anyone who enters the U.S. illegally. The criminal prosecution results in a brief separation of illegal family units and has drawn immense criticism from the media and Democratic lawmakers.

Trump and the White House have instead said that if Congress wants the practice to end, they must instead pass his preferred immigration legislation through Congress, which would fund his border wall, end chain migration and end the diversity visa lottery system.

http://dailycaller.com/2018/06/19/trump-defiant-always-arrest-illegals/AT made an EXTREMELY good point and I'm running with it. If you are a US citizen and a criminal and get arrested, you get separated from your family.

So what's the difference?

High_Plains_Drifter
06-19-2018, 04:30 PM
I wonder why liberals never answer my questions.

Why should an illegal immigrant be treated any differently than an American that goes to jail for a legal reason? Why is there suddenly so much craziness about this, even though it also happened under Obama's term?
That's EASY to answer... "MID TERMS."

The democraps are ALREADY in campaign mode for November, and they peddle out this RACIST CARD, republicans are MEAN BS every, time, just like clock work.

jimnyc
06-19-2018, 05:54 PM
Pete, here is a REALLY good reason as to why folks simply claiming asylum doesn't float. I cut out just this portion of the article as the rest is unrelated to asylum seekers at the border.

And then a couple more articles for good measure. I knew it was an issue, and one I can see easily abused. I just didn't think it was this rampant, worse than I thought.

---

“We had ICE in our office last week, and they told us just on the asylum issue, just on asylum, 2,000 people a week showing up at the border,” Rep. Jordan said. “Think about that, that’s 100,000 people a year and they told us that 80 percent of those people wind up not being legitimate asylum seekers.”

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/06/19/exclusive-jim-jordan-ryan-amnesty-bill-not-consistent-with-2016-election-mandate/

Backdoor to illegal immigration closing: U.S. clears more asylum cases than it receives in May

The government is making headway on the asylum backlog for the first time in years, clearing more cases in May than it received, as officials finally think they have hit on ways to tamp down on people abusing the system as a backdoor method of illegal immigration.

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services took in 7,757 cases last month, but completed 7,959 cases.

The success came on both sides of the ledger. New cases have been cut nearly in half when compared to the peak years during the Obama administration, while the number of cases closed more than doubled compared to the Obama years.

And those achievements came even before the Justice Department’s decision this week to tighten standards for asylum. That move should speed USCIS’s ability to reduce a backlog that’s reached nearly 320,000 cases, as would-be illegal immigrants figured ways to use the asylum system as a loophole to gain a foothold in the U.S.

“Asylum and ‘credible fear’ claims have skyrocketed across the board in recent years largely because individuals know they can exploit a broken system to enter the U.S., avoid removal, and remain in the country,” said Michael Bars, a spokesman for the agency.

Rest - https://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/jun/13/us-clears-more-asylum-cases-it-receives-may/

Data Indicates Illegal Immigrants Are Exploiting U.S. Asylum With False Claims

Migrants to the United States have become far more likely to claim asylum. The result is a growing backlog of court cases, which harms actual refugees and drags U.S. resources.

President Trump recently deployed the National Guard to the southwestern border, due to concerns of chaos and lawlessness there, particularly due to the impending arrival of a “caravan” of migrants who intended to enter the United States illegally. This cohort of Central American migrants has mostly disbanded now, but concerns about the security of the border persist.

The Trump administration continues to assert that the situation on the border is an acute problem requiring major measures to enhance border security, while progressives have tended to claim that illegal immigration is near the lowest levels in years. In the midst of the argument, it can be hard to sort out which side is more supported by the facts.

The first key fact to understand is that migration patterns can change extremely quickly. A country like Venezuela can go from having a few tens of thousands of diasporans to millions in just two or three years. In the midst of major migration flows, the facts on the ground shift extremely rapidly, so keeping abreast of them is very difficult, but very important.

The situation on the southwest border is no different. The facts on the ground are changing with astonishing speed.

Rest - http://thefederalist.com/2018/04/09/data-indicates-illegal-immigrants-exploiting-u-s-asylum-policies-false-claims/

Gunny
06-19-2018, 06:25 PM
I like the argument that illegal immigration is down. Wouldn't be because of increased enforcement of the law, would it?:rolleyes:

Drummond
06-19-2018, 06:33 PM

Indeed ?

OK. One example .. the dangers faced by Israelis from the literally HUNDREDS, even THOUSANDS, of Hamas rockets fired at them, to say nothing of other atrocities, e.g child suicide bombers walking around in Tel Aviv. Using your 'logic', the US must consider itself obligated to be a territorial shelter for the whole of Israel ....

Every time citizens of other countries face war conditions, or maybe disasters of other kinds .. is the US obligated to take anyone and everyone in, suffering such threats ?

Try this: how many people approaching the US border can conclusively prove their bona fides ? How many have no paperwork ? How many lie about their identities and places of origin ? How easy would it be for the US officials to unerringly determine the truth in each case ?

I suppose you'd operate a 'give them the benefit of the doubt' policy ? ADMITTING HOW MANY WOULD-BE TERRORISTS ON TO AMERICAN SOIL ??

Typical Leftie madness, Pete. The US has, note, the right to PROTECT its borders.

aboutime
06-19-2018, 07:22 PM
This problem would NOT exist if....PEOPLE OBEYED THE LAWS. Period.