PDA

View Full Version : Stuffed Chicken with Roasted Pototos and Balsamic Reduction

-Cp
08-21-2007, 10:43 PM
Here's a pic of a dinner i made tonight...

I took Chicken breasts and butterflied them using a tenderizing mallet to thin them out.

I stuffed them with sautéed crimini Mushrooms, spinach, onion and garlic.

I then took a few pieces of bacon and fried them in a pan reserving some of the drippings.... (I later crushes the bacon into little bits to top over the dinner).

I used left-over stuffing mix (spinach, garlic, onion and crimini mushrooms) and threw those in the in the bacon drippings... after about a minute I put in the Balsamic Vinegar and let that reduce down with about 2 tablespoons of sugar (to help balance the acidity in the balsamic)..finished it with about 4 tablespoons of better to add some creaminess and a nice sheen to the sauce..

For the potatoes, I just used good ol' russets and cut em' into bite-sized pieces and placed them on a sheet-pan with olive oil, salt, pepper and a touch of Cayenne Pepper and Rosemary.

http://imagehostingsite.com/images/3hytog2mtigh5lcfoymd.jpg

darin
08-22-2007, 12:21 AM
You know what they say...the FIRST step towards being gay when you start making Stuffed Chicken with Roasted Taters and Balsamic Reductions...

:D

Looks YUMMY! Thanks for the invite. :D

Btw - you can that chilli yet? I'll design a label.

"Kick-Ass Chilli" :)

-Cp
08-22-2007, 01:16 AM
Right....

Nope.. haven't canned the chili.. as I don't think it'd taste the same....

actsnoblemartin
08-22-2007, 01:50 AM
you just cracked me up, I always thought balsamic sounded dirty.

You know what they say...the FIRST step towards being gay when you start making Stuffed Chicken with Roasted Taters and Balsamic Reductions...

:D

Looks YUMMY! Thanks for the invite. :D

Btw - you can that chilli yet? I'll design a label.

"Kick-Ass Chilli" :)

Yurt
08-24-2007, 12:30 AM
reduction?

that word, in my kitchen, means simply "hey, lets use paper plates, plastic forks/spoons for dinner so we can have a reduction in dishes."

I yearn for a dishwasher........

nevadamedic
08-26-2007, 05:22 AM
I thought you have a dishwasher, your married arn't you? :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2: