PDA

View Full Version : The family separation crisis could cost Republicans the House

jimnyc
06-19-2018, 02:23 PM
Will that be the case? I don't think so. I think Americans are smarter than we give credit for, and more so the right of course. :) :)

I don't think this harms mid-terms. And I don't think the dems will have a crushing victory either. But I DO think the majority of the shit thrown out there is with the goal of helping their chances.

---

The family separation crisis could cost Republicans the House

(CNN)The most telling statement of the ongoing border crisis involving the separation of families came Monday night from Ohio Republican Rep. Steve Stivers.

"As a father, I know firsthand that there is nothing more important than family, and I understand why kids need to be with their parents," Stivers wrote on Facebook. "That's why I have publicly come out against separating children from their parents at the border. I am writing a letter to understand the current policies and to ask the Administration to stop needlessly separating children from their parents. If the policy is not changed, I will support other means to stop unnecessary separation of children from their parents."

Why is Stivers' opposition to the Trump administration's "zero-tolerance" policy toward families attempting to cross the border illegally so important? Because Stivers is the head of the National Republican Congressional Committee, the campaign arm for House Republicans. In that role, Stivers is tasked with holding onto the party's 23-seat majority in November.

All of which means that Stivers isn't just opposing the family separation policy of the Trump administration. He's allowing any and all House candidates to break with the President too. And he's sending a very clear signal to the White House: You need to stop fighting this fight because it is hurting our chances -- badly.

Rest - https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/19/politics/republicans-trump-house-immigration/index.html

Black Diamond
06-19-2018, 02:25 PM
CNN says so. So no.

Plus a lot will happen between now and November.

Gunny
06-19-2018, 04:05 PM
Will that be the case? I don't think so. I think Americans are smarter than we give credit for, and more so the right of course. :) :)

I don't. I used to. I couldn't fathom the idea that people could actually be as stupid as they prove themselves to be every day, and still manage to eek through whatever they call a life.

The mere survival of the left is based almost solely on hiding behind BS legislation and using it to disenfranchise anyone that can process information and disagree with its herd mentality. In other words, they're just that damned dumb and trying to explain it away on our part has been wishful thinking that our fellow Americans just don't understand. Nope. They're stupid and incapable of logical reasoning.

The media knows how to play the left's sympathy and faux outrage strings and they're right on top of twisting this one because there IS actual, underlying human tragedy involved. A tragedy based however, on Obama making promises in defiance of the law, rather than something Trump whipped up. This is Trump having the deal with Obama's bullshit. Again. And the leftist MSM and left in general twisting the facts to place blame on the guy that inherited someone else's shit.

High_Plains_Drifter
06-20-2018, 04:49 AM
The illegal alien invasion the kenyan dog turd was facilitating was in large part why Trump got elected. I can't see republicans losing anything for attempting to enforce the law.

The only thing that possibly could harm them would be a full cave to the radical open border democraps, that would lose them the house. Enforcing the law, no.

CNN is never right anyway. They like to hear themselves say things like that just to make themselves feel better, and throw their rabid Trump hating listeners a bone, even though it's just more fake news BS.

Old ridge Runner
06-20-2018, 07:18 AM
This, like Hillary will be our next President is nothing more than a leftist pipe dream, and we all know that pipe dreams, like pipes are hollow through the core.

aboutime
06-21-2018, 07:39 PM
All of this family separation stupidity from Democrats is nothing more than another DNC tactic to take all of the attention from the FBI, JUSTICE DEPARTMENT investigations being EXPOSED to uncover all of the ROTTEN APPLES who planned on Hillary Winning.

Nancy Pelosi, and Chucky Cheese Schumer have Honest Feelings that Generally. WE THE PEOPLE will always believe what they say...and they are planning to Win in November.https://i.guim.co.uk/img/media/9e841fcf6489e23b01847995998c972de0aa4875/0_100_750_450/master/750.jpg?w=300&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&fit=max&

Come to think of it. THEY WILL WIN IN NOVEMBER.....Just like HILLARY won, and wrote a book about it too!:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

https://i.guim.co.uk/img/media/9e841fcf6489e23b01847995998c972de0aa4875/0_100_750_450/master/750.jpg?w=300&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&fit=max&
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/91I39UNdgSL.jpg

gabosaurus
06-21-2018, 08:23 PM
The real crisis is the Trump family's total disconnect with the average American. It shows on an every day basis. They are rich and powerful. You are not. If a trade war increases prices for the average American, they won't notice. The opioid crisis can be swept under the rug with a campaign speeches to the chosen few.
The border crisis? Why would Trump care if kids are separated from their families. Melania protests about how the situation affects her. Or perhaps it affects her staff and script writers. Melania does what she is told. The White House is telling us that Melania went to the Texas border to express her "deep concerns." They want us to think it was all her idea. But her actions state otherwise.
Women, especially the rich and powerful, leave nothing to chance when it comes to their appearance. They don't just throw things together at the last moment. I have seen this multiple times. Women in upper society dress to impress.
Melania is no difference. She is telling us how she really feels about being sent to the border.

https://i.imgur.com/N7TkGq5.jpg

Gunny
06-21-2018, 08:36 PM
The real crisis is the Trump family's total disconnect with the average American. It shows on an every day basis. They are rich and powerful. You are not. If a trade war increases prices for the average American, they won't notice. The opioid crisis can be swept under the rug with a campaign speeches to the chosen few.
The border crisis? Why would Trump care if kids are separated from their families. Melania protests about how the situation affects her. Or perhaps it affects her staff and script writers. Melania does what she is told. The White House is telling us that Melania went to the Texas border to express her "deep concerns." They want us to think it was all her idea. But her actions state otherwise.
Women, especially the rich and powerful, leave nothing to chance when it comes to their appearance. They don't just throw things together at the last moment. I have seen this multiple times. Women in upper society dress to impress.
Melania is no difference. She is telling us how she really feels about being sent to the border.

https://i.imgur.com/N7TkGq5.jpgSame disconnect we had with the Clintons and Obamas. Don't act like it's some newly-discovered secret.

Based on the arrogance you have displayed in the last couple of threads you have involved yourself in, I'd say YOU have the SAME disconnect. Add to that being from SoCal, and reality just ain't your specialty.

*hugs* :laugh:

High_Plains_Drifter
06-21-2018, 08:46 PM
The real crisis is the Trump family's total disconnect with the average American.
You couldn't have made a more ASININE comment if you'd tried. No other president in HISTORY has had a better CONNECTION with the American people than Donald J. Trump, and the proof of that is, HE'S THE PRESIDENT, and MORE POPULAR THAN EVER, even more popular than your little America hating kenyan muslim dog turd messiah was, who did the same thing on the border, even WORSE than Trump has done, and your FAKE outrage was nowhere to be seen.

You know why she wore that coat? Well of course you don't, because you only get your empty demtard skull pumped full of the latest unhinged trash from the democrat propaganda wing echo chamber.

She wore that in RESPONSE to YOU people and your HYSTERICAL, VILE, MILITANT ATTACK MACHINE, and I say good for her.

Black Diamond
06-21-2018, 08:58 PM
You couldn't have made a more ASININE comment if you'd tried. No other president in HISTORY has had a better CONNECTION with the American people than Donald J. Trump, and the proof of that is, HE'S THE PRESIDENT, and MORE POPULAR THAN EVER, even more popular than your little America hating kenyan muslim dog turd messiah was, who did the same thing on the border, even WORSE than Trump has done, and your FAKE outrage was nowhere to be seen.

You know why she wore that coat? Well of course you don't, because you only get your empty demtard skull pumped full of the latest unhinged trash from the democrat propaganda wing echo chamber.

She wore that in RESPONSE to YOU people and your HYSTERICAL, VILE, MILITANT ATTACK MACHINE, and I say good for her.
Troll she is. She made me laugh yesterday though. That was pain.

Gunny
06-21-2018, 08:59 PM

She wore that in RESPONSE to YOU people and your HYSTERICAL, VILE, MILITANT ATTACK MACHINE, and I say good for her.I don't know. If I was her I'd complain. The President gets Marines. The First Lady gets zoomies?:poke:

I think the "Do U?" is rather strategically located well on the coat. Just sayin' ...:whistling2:

aboutime
06-21-2018, 09:19 PM
Same disconnect we had with the Clintons and Obamas. Don't act like it's some newly-discovered secret.

Based on the arrogance you have displayed in the last couple of threads you have involved yourself in, I'd say YOU have the SAME disconnect. Add to that being from SoCal, and reality just ain't your specialty.

*hugs* :laugh:

As we have seen for as long as I have been here, laughing at gabby. She doesn't honestly realize how shallow, and transparent her words are to the rest of us. We all recognize the liberal tactics of accusing, or blaming others to HIDE, and DISTRACT the actual, liberal feelings, and plans they use so often to disguise their own feelings, and thoughts WE AREN'T SUPPOSED TO NOTICE. Sadly though. For gabby, and petey. They will simply keep on Keepin' On, thinking they've fooled us again.

gabosaurus
06-21-2018, 11:10 PM
I love how you all rushed out to repeat the official excuse for this. Statements are statements, like it or not.

https://i.imgflip.com/2coaq1.jpg

Gunny
06-22-2018, 09:12 AM
I love how you all rushed out to repeat the official excuse for this. Statements are statements, like it or not.

https://i.imgflip.com/2coaq1.jpgSpeaking of reading ... there's a thread on this faux news. Back to the drawing board :)

FakeNewsSux
06-22-2018, 12:09 PM
Speaking of reading ... there's a thread on this faux news. Back to the drawing board :)

Looks like Sen. Menendez (D-NJ), he of Dominican Republic child prostitute fame, is as fast on the uptake as Gabby is:

https://www.bizpacreview.com/2018/06/22/oops-dem-sen-menendez-used-fake-news-photo-of-crying-migrant-child-to-preach-from-senate-floor-647251

FakeNewsSux
06-22-2018, 12:58 PM
But remember, it's all about the children:

http://www.breitbart.com/border/2018/06/21/facebook-allows-fake-news-photograph-to-raise-18-million-for-border-cause/

PostmodernProphet
06-22-2018, 03:59 PM
its already over......

PostmodernProphet
06-22-2018, 06:49 PM

no dear......she is telling you what she thinks of your opinion of what she is wearing......