PDA

View Full Version : Confederate general name will be changed to Barack Obama Elementary

jimnyc
06-19-2018, 04:43 PM
I really don't have an issue with schools/libraries or similar being named after presidents. Usually it takes longer for these types of honors, but I do understand he was the first black president. In fact, I really don't have a problem with them doing so in a predominantly black community.

My only issue when first reading was that it was a knee-jerk reaction, like so many other lame things that took place, the removal of some of the statues of anything and everything confederate. But removing him, and replacing with a black leader, not surprised. Again, I respect them doing so, just that the reason and timing of the swap seems kinda vengeful.

---

Richmond school named after confederate general will be changed to Barack Obama Elementary

A predominantly African-American elementary school in Richmond, Virginia, is dropping its confederate general name and will soon be known as Barack Obama Elementary.

The Richmond Public School Board voted 6-1 Monday to change the name of J.E.B Stuart Elementary School, school district spokeswoman Kenita Bowers told ABC News.

But the planning for ditching the school's name goes back nearly a year to last summer's rally over a Robert E. Lee statue in Charlottesville, Virginia, she said. The rally turned deadly and sparked a renewed push to remove Confederate symbols across the nation, from New Orleans to Maryland to New York.

J.E.B Stuart was a prominent cavalry commander and major general with the Confederate Army.

In Richmond, J.E.B Stuart Elementary had opened its doors in 1922 with its confederate general name. But now, 91.7 percent of the elementary school's students are African-American.

After Charlottesville, Bowers said, "the community called into question whether this needs to be changed" so the school is "named for someone positive who probably represents the community in a more all-inclusive way."

Rest - https://www.yahoo.com/gma/richmond-school-named-confederate-general-changed-barack-obama-155805777--abc-news-topstories.html

Gunny
06-19-2018, 05:37 PM
J.E.B. Stuart was a hundred times the man Barrack Obama could even dream of becoming at some point in his miserable existence.

High_Plains_Drifter
06-20-2018, 04:45 AM
Nothing RACIST about that... I mean you know, since BLACKS are doing it... :rolleyes:

darin
06-20-2018, 04:50 AM
So they change the name from a guy who supported slavery, racism, and violated federal law....to a guy who supports slavery, racism and violated federal law.

Weird.

Gunny
06-20-2018, 06:24 AM
Nothing RACIST about that... I mean you know, since BLACKS are doing it... :rolleyes:I've come to the conclusion that BLACKS remind ME of slavery; which, I find intolerable and should be erased from public memory. Therefore, all blacks should be removed from public view so my sensitive little feelings won't be hurt every time I see one.

I hear there's plenty of room opening up in South Africa where the black government is just flat stealing all the land and property from whites. Sounds like a good place for them to go so I won't have to remember they ever existed here.

See how that works?:rolleyes:

High_Plains_Drifter
06-20-2018, 07:36 AM
I've come to the conclusion that BLACKS remind ME of slavery; which, I find intolerable and should be erased from public memory. Therefore, all blacks should be removed from public view so my sensitive little feelings won't be hurt every time I see one.

I hear there's plenty of room opening up in South Africa where the black government is just flat stealing all the land and property from whites. Sounds like a good place for them to go so I won't have to remember they ever existed here.

Your feelings don't count... you're white... you're automatically a racist by default.

FakeNewsSux
06-20-2018, 09:34 AM
Yahoo did a good job of sanitizing the story for its' progressive audience. They failed to mention that after great fanfare of showing how egalitarian the school board is for letting the students vote for one of the three approved names, the students overwhelmingly voted for Northside. since this choice by the majority black student body was about to make their heads explode, the Board held a second vote and overruled the students on a 6-1 vote. Stupid students, don't they know that black kids are supposed to vote for the black guy?

jimnyc
06-20-2018, 09:35 AM
Yahoo did a good job of sanitizing the story for its' progressive audience. They failed to mention that after great fanfare of showing how egalitarian the school board is for letting the students vote for one of the three approved names, the students overwhelmingly voted for Northside. since this choice by the majority black student body was about to make their heads explode, the Board held a second vote and overruled the students on a 6-1 vote. Stupid students, don't they know that black kids are supposed to vote for the black guy?

No surprise there. :rolleyes:

Gunny
06-20-2018, 11:10 AM
Virginia public schools are pretty much PC-black, anti-white. I went at it with them more than once when my daughter went to school in Alexandria. And yes, as a matter of fact I DID show up in uniform and purposefully intimidated the shit out of that pissant little black man all full of his authority.

That's just how I roll.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-20-2018, 11:17 AM
J.E.B. Stuart was a hundred times the man Barrack Obama could even dream of becoming at some point in his miserable existence.

Rather conservative with that number arent ya my friend.;)
I'd place it at the very least J.E. B Stuart was a thousand times the man that the ffing worm bamshit is.. or ever could dream of becoming in his sorry-ass, lying , "muslim-in-hiding" dishonorable traitorous life.--Tyr

Gunny
06-20-2018, 11:20 AM
Rather conservative with that number arent ya my friend.;)
I'd place it at the very least J.E. B Stuart was a thousand times the man that the ffing worm bamshit is.. over could dream of becoming in his sorry-ass, lying , "muslim-in-hiding" dishonorable traitorous life.--TyrJ.E.B. Stuart is one of my all-time favorites. I didn't want to seem bias :halo9:

Black Diamond
06-20-2018, 11:26 AM
I've come to the conclusion that BLACKS remind ME of slavery; which, I find intolerable and should be erased from public memory. Therefore, all blacks should be removed from public view so my sensitive little feelings won't be hurt every time I see one.

How do you come up with this stuff ?

Gunny
06-20-2018, 11:35 AM
How do you come up with this stuff ?It's THEIR argument. I just maneuvered the colors around to reflect where the true racism lies.

My solution is THEIR solution. Disenfranchise them and kick them out. Problem solved.

Black Diamond
06-20-2018, 11:35 AM
It's THEIR argument. I just maneuvered the colors around to reflect where the true racism lies.

My solution is THEIR solution. Disenfranchise them and kick them out. Problem solved.
I'll ask again......

and I enjoy the switch.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-20-2018, 01:00 PM
J.E.B. Stuart is one of my all-time favorites. I didn't want to seem bias :halo9:

Mine as well my friend.
Robert E. Lee, Stonewall Jackson, J.E.B. Stuart, Jubal Early, Cadmus Wilcox, and others rate highest on my list.
AT LEAST A DOZEN OTHERS THAT RATE HIGH MERIT..--Tyr

Gunny
06-20-2018, 04:10 PM
Mine as well my friend.
Robert E. Lee, Stonewall Jackson, J.E.B. Stuart, Jubal Early, Cadmus Wilcox, and others rate highest on my list.
AT LEAST A DOZEN OTHERS THAT RATE HIGH MERIT..--TyrHad Lee listened to Longstreet and Gettysburg the North would have lost.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-20-2018, 04:40 PM
Had Lee listened to Longstreet and Gettysburg the North would have lost.

To Lieut. Gen. Jubal Early of the Confederate States Army, at least for a little while that day, it must have seemed that the war was young again. In the noonday heat of July 11, 1864, the commander of the battle-hardened II Corps of Robert E. Lee’s Army of Northern Virginia sat his horse on a rise of ground in Maryland and saw, shimmering in the heat waves just six miles to the south, the luminous dome of the United States Capitol. Immediately in front of him were the frowning works of Washington’s formidable ring of defensive entrenchments. A glance told him, he wrote later, that they were “but feebly manned.”

And now here he was, on the brink of history, about to quench the boundless thirst for recognition that glittered ceaselessly from his black eyes. Pursuant to Lee’s instruction, he had chased one Federal army away from Lynchburg, Virginia, and clear into the West Virginia mountains where it disappeared. He met another near Frederick, Maryland, on the Monocacy River, and swept it aside. On fire with the glory of it all, forgetting his limited objective, Early now rasped out his orders to Maj. Gen. Robert Rodes, commander of the leading division: throw out a skirmish line; move forward into the enemy works; attack the capital of the United States.

[QUOTE]Read more: https://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/when-washington-dc-came-close-to-being-conquered-by-the-confederacy-

^^^^^^^^^ This is why I mentioned Jubal in my short list earlier. He was a just 6 miles outside D.C. a mere year and a week after the fateful Confederate defeat at Gettysburg. --Tyr