PDA

View Full Version : Trump says he'll be 'signing something' on detained children

jimnyc
06-20-2018, 12:47 PM
Shame, he's gonna cave some due to the fake outrage and hypocrites. I wouldn't have given in, I would have doubled down and had conferences and point out the hypocrisy to the voters.

So now, I wonder if down the road that congress will demand changes that mothers can't be separated from their children when they go to any type of jail or holding facility. :rolleyes:

---

Trump says he'll be 'signing something' on detained children

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump said he would be signing an executive order later Wednesday that would end the process of separating children from families after they are detained crossing the border illegally.

"We want to keep families together. It's very important," Trump told reporters during a White House meeting with members of Congress. "I'll be signing something in a little while that's going to do that."

The effort would mark a dramatic departure for an administration that has been insisting, wrongly, that it has no choice but to separate families apprehended at the border because of the law and a court decision.

Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen, the president and other officials have repeatedly said the only way to end the practice is for Congress to pass new legislation, though both Democrats and some Republicans have said the president could reverse it by himself.

The news in recent days has been dominated by searing images of children held in cages at border facilities, as well as audio recordings of young children crying for their parents — images that have sparked fury, question of morality and concern from Republicans about a negative impact on their races in November's midterm elections.

Trump pointed to those images in his meeting, saying they'd "affect everybody" but that he was torn. "We want the heart," he said, "but we also want strong borders and we want no crime."

Rest - https://www.yahoo.com/news/homeland-security-drafts-plan-end-family-separation-151501530.html

High_Plains_Drifter
06-20-2018, 12:57 PM
And it will be just as ILLEGAL as it was when OBAMA did it. Guarantee the left, even though Chuckie Cheese urged him to do it, will SUE president Trump. He should have stood his ground and waited for CONGRESS to fix this problem, because they're the ONLY ones that can legally CHANGE THE LAW.

This is STUPID... it's CAVING.

pete311
06-20-2018, 02:50 PM
And it will be just as ILLEGAL as it was when OBAMA did it. Guarantee the left, even though Chuckie Cheese urged him to do it, will SUE president Trump. He should have stood his ground and waited for CONGRESS to fix this problem, because they're the ONLY ones that can legally CHANGE THE LAW.

This is STUPID... it's CAVING.

From what I understand it's not a law. It was a DHS policy.

High_Plains_Drifter
06-20-2018, 03:19 PM
From what I understand it's not a law. It was a DHS policy.
Link?

Black Diamond
06-20-2018, 03:42 PM
Didn't Ted Cruz propose what trump is now ordering?

pete311
06-20-2018, 03:57 PM
Link?
https://www.dhs.gov/news/2018/06/18/myth-vs-fact-dhs-zero-tolerance-policy

High_Plains_Drifter
06-20-2018, 04:06 PM
https://www.dhs.gov/news/2018/06/18/myth-vs-fact-dhs-zero-tolerance-policy
Good, then president Trump can't be sued.

And I see this all started under the kenyan... hmmm... where was this outrage then? http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2656622/Caged-diseased-Shocking-pictures-child-illegal-immigrants-flooding-border-Joe-Biden-calls-unrelenting-stream-migrants.html

Weird it just started now... :rolleyes:

Gunny
06-20-2018, 04:06 PM
I hate pussy-ass, crybaby lefties out to destroy this Nation. They're liars. Their argument is completely dishonest and an appeal to pussy-ass emotions. They need to leave and take their illegals with them.

Anyone notice the only way they can get their way with this administration is f-ing blackmail?

What a bunch of bullshit.

Black Diamond
06-20-2018, 04:12 PM
Now they are saying this executive order is illegal and will be overturned.

High_Plains_Drifter
06-20-2018, 04:14 PM
Now they are saying this executive order is illegal and will be overturned.
Well according to Pete's link straight from the DHS website, it was just a policy, not a law, so the E.O. isn't illegal.

Black Diamond
06-20-2018, 04:17 PM
Trump doesn't win anything with this executive order. The left still hates him and the right says he caved. Which he did.

Gunny
06-20-2018, 04:17 PM
Now they are saying this executive order is illegal and will be overturned.That sounds about right. Only King Obama can sign EOs into law :rolleyes:

Gunny
06-20-2018, 04:18 PM
I hope this shit backfires. I'd say fine, we won't separate families. Lock 'em up together.

Black Diamond
06-20-2018, 04:18 PM
I hope this shit backfires. I'd say fine, we won't separate families. Lock 'em up together.
Seems the left is railing at THAT.

High_Plains_Drifter
06-20-2018, 04:41 PM
Trump doesn't win anything with this executive order. The left still hates him and the right says he caved. Which he did.
Yep... NOTHING he can do they'll like... NOTHING... doesn't matter... even if was ELIMINATING the border and granting amnesty to EVERYONE, and giving them DEMOCRAT VOTER CARDS when they enter, they'd still spin it as BAD, period, end of story.

They're disgusting trash, vile disgusting trash. We need another civil war. The left has gone FULL BLOWN RADICAL, and there doesn't seem to be any letting up. Quite the contrary, they just keep getting WORSE. This is going to blow up at some point. It wasn't this bad before the first civil war.

pete311
06-20-2018, 04:55 PM
That is what will happen

pete311
06-20-2018, 04:58 PM
Well according to Pete's link straight from the DHS website, it was just a policy, not a law, so the E.O. isn't illegal.

Part of issue is this court ruling
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/jun/20/donald-trump-orders-jeff-sessions-challenge-flores/

Black Diamond
06-20-2018, 04:58 PM
That is what will happen
I'll actually be surprised if the executive order holds up.

High_Plains_Drifter
06-20-2018, 04:59 PM
That is what will happen
What else could possibly be done?

The alternative is do what the kenyan did, and that's just turn them lose and pretend they'll show up for court, which we know 99% of them DON'T DO.

Gunny
06-20-2018, 05:57 PM
That is what will happenGood. I'll support it.

Black Diamond
06-20-2018, 05:59 PM
Good. I'll support it.
The 9th.

Gunny
06-20-2018, 06:18 PM
The 9th.Texas ain't in the 9th. And if they block it? Looks like business as usual to me. Shit or get off the pot. You want a "band aid" nobody likes or not?

Black Diamond
06-20-2018, 06:20 PM
Texas ain't in the 9th. And if they block it? Looks like business as usual to me. Shit or get off the pot. You want a "band aid" nobody likes or not?
Correct it's the northwest. But they seem to enjoy pissing on trump.

Gunny
06-20-2018, 06:26 PM
Correct it's the northwest. But they seem to enjoy pissing on trump.Not much for them to do this time. The left wants families kept together. SO, they get kept together. The human traffickers thank the Dems with all their little black hearts.

If the the 9th rules against Trump's EO for some reason or another, then the EO is blocked, and it's back to separating families.

I'm going to remember that though if I'm ever arrested again. Call the local Dem representative and tell them to do something about me being separated from my family :rolleyes:

Black Diamond
06-20-2018, 06:31 PM
Not much for them to do this time. The left wants families kept together. SO, they get kept together. The human traffickers thank the Dems with all their little black hearts.

If the the 9th rules against Trump's EO for some reason or another, then the EO is blocked, and it's back to separating families.

I'm going to remember that though if I'm ever arrested again. Call the local Dem representative and tell them to do something about me being separated from my family :rolleyes:
I'll be amazed if the EO stands. Can't imagine you can lock up kids with adults.

Gunny
06-20-2018, 06:40 PM
I'll be amazed if the EO stands. Can't imagine you can lock up kids with adults.Like I previously posted ... the human traffickers thank the Dems/left with all their hearts. One of the reasons for separating them IS dubious relationship to alleged family members. Now the pimps can tool right on in and bring their brothels with them.

Nice going, left. Got an encore?

Black Diamond
06-20-2018, 06:41 PM
Like I previously posted ... the human traffickers thank the Dems/left with all their hearts. One of the reasons for separating them IS dubious relationship to alleged family members. Now the pimps can tool right on in and bring their brothels with them.

Nice going, left. Got an encore?
It'll be trumps fault. The blaming has already started.

Gunny
06-20-2018, 06:42 PM
I wonder if I could get asylum in Hungary for claiming to be a Christian, white, heterosexual male from the US? :whistling2:

Black Diamond
06-20-2018, 06:44 PM
I wonder if I could get asylum in Hungary for claiming to be a Christian, white, heterosexual male from the US? :whistling2:
Amazing the Soviet bloc states are so much more sane than our "allies".

Gunny
06-20-2018, 06:50 PM
Amazing the Soviet bloc states are so much more sane than our "allies".They have one HUGE advantage ... they don't give a f*ck if you call them racists for doing the SMART thing. Not to mention compassion for others isn't exactly their strong suit.

When it comes to us or them? Compassion takes the back seat to logic, common sense and survival. If we as a Nation don't survive the left, or these people coming here, what's the point to either when no one is going to have anything?

Black Diamond
06-20-2018, 06:53 PM
They have one HUGE advantage ... they don't give a f*ck if you call them racists for doing the SMART thing. Not to mention compassion for others isn't exactly their strong suit.

When it comes to us or them? Compassion takes the back seat to logic, common sense and survival. If we as a Nation don't survive the left, or these people coming here, what's the point to either when no one is going to have anything?
Makes me wonder what former East Germans think of Merkel.

Abbey Marie
06-20-2018, 06:56 PM
The only thing that will satisfy Dems is if we provide buses at the border to take all comers directly to a polling place to vote Dem.

Black Diamond
06-20-2018, 06:57 PM
The only thing that will satisfy Dems is if we provide buses at the border to take all comers directly to a polling place to vote Dem.
They will all vote dem. That's part of why dems want them here.

High_Plains_Drifter
06-20-2018, 06:59 PM
Exactly what I said, but even then they'd find a way to demonize it and blame Trump.

Gunny
06-20-2018, 07:26 PM
They will all vote dem. That's part of why dems want them here.Trump needs to figure out how to get that vote while compromising little. He's the deal maker. Guess he needs to bust out the Wile E. Coyote blackboard and chalk.

Black Diamond
06-20-2018, 07:32 PM
Trump needs to figure out how to get that vote while compromising little. He's the deal maker. Guess he needs to bust out the Wile E. Coyote blackboard and chalk.
He created an enemy for the rust belt. They are listening. Be interesting to see how he is on immigration in his second term after he has nothing to gain or lose.