PDA

View Full Version : Today's teens less likely to smoke, drink, take drugs or have sex

gabosaurus
06-20-2018, 03:53 PM
The current generation is proving to be a lot smarter than past generations. Which I have known for years.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2018/06/20/good-news-todays-teens-are-less-likely-than-earlier-generations-to-smoke-drink-or-have-sex-bad-news-theyre-not-eating-their-veggies-either/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.a95e24397c8e

Gunny
06-20-2018, 04:07 PM
The current generation is proving to be a lot smarter than past generations. Which I have known for years.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2018/06/20/good-news-todays-teens-are-less-likely-than-earlier-generations-to-smoke-drink-or-have-sex-bad-news-theyre-not-eating-their-veggies-either/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.a95e24397c8eYou keep trying to push that. Then why are they so damned stupid?:rolleyes:

High_Plains_Drifter
06-20-2018, 04:56 PM

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2018/06/20/good-news-todays-teens-are-less-likely-than-earlier-generations-to-smoke-drink-or-have-sex-bad-news-theyre-not-eating-their-veggies-either/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.a95e24397c8e
Straight from the DEMOCRAT PROPAGANDA WING.

And yet 75% of them are too FAT and STUPID to enlist in the military... Pentagon: 7 in 10 Youths Would Fail to Qualify for Military Service

http://time.com/2938158/youth-fail-to-qualify-military-service/

gabosaurus
06-20-2018, 05:13 PM
You keep trying to push that. Then why are they so damned stupid?:rolleyes:

Surry, Gunny. Young people are not stupid. You are just too old to understand them.

gabosaurus
06-20-2018, 05:19 PM
Straight from the DEMOCRAT PROPAGANDA WING.

And yet 75% of them are too FAT and STUPID to enlist in the military... Pentagon: 7 in 10 Youths Would Fail to Qualify for Military Service

http://time.com/2938158/youth-fail-to-qualify-military-service/

Big Fat Hairy Deal. :rolleyes:

The ineligible typically includes those who are obese, those who lack a high school diploma or a GED, convicted felons, those taking prescription drugs for ADHD and those with certain tattoos and ear gauges, the Wall Street Journal reports, though some requirements can be waived.

Only 1% of young people are both “eligible and inclined to have conversation with” the military about possible service, according to the Defense Department.

Obviously you didn't read ANY of the story.
Just the response I expected from a neo-Nazi parachute packer. :rolleyes:

Black Diamond
06-20-2018, 05:22 PM

Obviously you didn't read ANY of the story.
Just the response I expected from a neo-Nazi parachute packer. :rolleyes:
Off your meds again, Sybil?

gabosaurus
06-20-2018, 05:24 PM
Off your meds again, Sybil?

Reply is off topic. Thread banned. :cool:

High_Plains_Drifter
06-20-2018, 05:24 PM
Yep... they are big and fat... and stupid.

You're people... you're generation. Fat, lazy and stupid.

Gunny
06-20-2018, 05:52 PM
Surry, Gunny. Young people are not stupid. You are just too old to understand them.They're easy to understand. They're less likely to have sex, or do drugs or smoke because it would require getting off their asses, logging off their phones and exerting actual physical effort to do anything.

They're flat, doornail stupid. And lazy. They're too stupid to understand what earning something is. They're too stupid to realize their Right to protest is one of the Rights they wish to selectively destroy. Duh. I'm so smart I just cut my own throat. Maybe some dolt will put down his phone long enough to notice I'm bleeding to death? Nah. You wish.

They deserve the fate that awaits them for their lack of common sense. Too bad they're going to get the few good people that can think destroyed along with them.

"I don't like who won the election. I'm going to scream and the sky and cry all over my FB BFF's e-shoulder:crying33". Yeah. REAL smart. :rolleyes:

I'd rather them toss their phones in the canal and spark up a joint and drink a few beers than be the absolute brainwashed dolts they are.

They're as easy to read as you are.

gabosaurus
06-20-2018, 06:03 PM
Yep... they are big and fat... and stupid.

You're people... you're generation. Fat, lazy and stupid.

And they will be taking over fairly soon. Because they are tired of your shit. And they are going to change things. You aren't going to like it. :cool:

Black Diamond
06-20-2018, 06:06 PM
And they will be taking over fairly soon. Because they are tired of your shit. And they are going to change things. You aren't going to like it. :cool:
And then "America's" enemies will kill them. I'll sit back and watch. And laugh.

Gunny
06-20-2018, 06:19 PM
And they will be taking over fairly soon. Because they are tired of your shit. And they are going to change things. You aren't going to like it. :cool:And they're going to die.

High_Plains_Drifter
06-20-2018, 07:02 PM
Is that what they tried to do on your planet?

Black Diamond
06-20-2018, 07:03 PM
Is that what they tried to do on your planet?
Unfortunately barring a miracle she is correct.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-20-2018, 07:12 PM

Too late, I already do not like what the parents that have raised them did to this nation my friend! These young kids are almost certainly going to do worse but they will do so on that broad and thick foundation already laid down by their parents.

I am of the baby boom generation by birth but I was taught correctly by my father and grandfather to be of the pre-thirties generation in principle and thinking.
Taught to pay my own way, work hard, think for myself, never stop reading and educating myself...
I taught my now grown daughter and now my son the things I was taught, and not to be brainwashed by the things public schools teach our kids.

I think that perhaps you overestimate the abilities and morals of these kids now..
Worst three traits that I see in them is 1. irresponsibility 2. laziness and 3. the entitlement crap they have been taught by schools, the dem/lib government and mainstream media..-Tyr

High_Plains_Drifter
06-20-2018, 07:17 PM
Unfortunately barring a miracle she is correct.
Oh yeah... they'll be taking over alright, they'll be asking us "you want fries with that?"

You can't scream helplessly at the sky yourself into power. It requires work, education and dedication. Something these fats ass, lazy, stupid little millennials don't seem to have any concept of... but they're TAKING OVER... LMFAO!

Thankfully the gab attack is wrong. There's enough kids that AREN'T like her that will be the ones at the top.

Black Diamond
06-20-2018, 07:20 PM
Oh yeah... they'll be taking over alright, they'll be asking us "you want fries with that?"
The election of trump has bought us time. Depends what we do with it. If Pearl Harbor happened to this new generation and whoever leftist they elected, Tojo would be in Chicago in six months. I just don't think they have the stomach for it.

High_Plains_Drifter
06-20-2018, 07:26 PM
The election of trump has bought us time. Depends what we do with it. If Pearl Harbor happened to this new generation and whoever leftist they elected, Tojo would be in Chicago in six months. I just don't think they have the stomach for it.
You mean they can shoot up their friends in school in cold blood but they can't shoot an enemy trying to kill them?

Oh that's right...someone would be shooting back... you might be right.

Black Diamond
06-20-2018, 07:29 PM
You mean they can shoot up their friends in school in cold blood but they can't shoot an enemy trying to kill them?

Oh that's right...someone would be shooting back... you might be right.
More the angle of, lets use imperial Japan as an example. They would blame the president . And then and the question "Well what did America do to provoke Japan?" "What do you expect after the oil embargo ".

Gunny
06-20-2018, 07:31 PM
Couple of ways to reduce these so-called "smarter" kids to bowls of quivering Jell-O babbling incoherently.

Remind them Trump is President and won the 2016 election.

Kill the power grid. If I was going to attack this country? Screw all these "important" targets PEOPLE think are important. Target the main power suppliers AND their backups in this country and wait until the batteries run out in these punks' electronic devices. Instant herd of clueless sheep. They couldn't even Google how to boil water and would be f*cked.

Black Diamond
06-20-2018, 07:33 PM
Couple of ways to reduce these so-called "smarter" kids to bowls of quivering Jell-O babbling incoherently.

Kill the power grid. If I was going to attack this country? Screw all these "important" targets PEOPLE think are important. Target the main power suppliers AND their backups in this country and wait until the batteries run out in these punks' electronic devices. Instant herd of clueless sheep. They couldn't even Google how to boil water and would be f*cked.
This new generation is such an easy mark.

High_Plains_Drifter
06-20-2018, 07:34 PM
More the angle of, lets use imperial Japan as an example. They would blame the president . And then and the question "Well what did America do to provoke Japan?" "What do you expect after the oil embargo ".
There is certainly a contingent of democrats that think that way, but they're not the majority, nor do I believe they ever will be.

Take away the radicals in just LA, NYC and Chicago and we'd never see another democrap president. These cess pool cities and they're radicals and illegal aliens are where the democraps voting power are at. There's a lot America that's nothing like them...

https://image.ibb.co/jedBon/winning.jpg

Black Diamond
06-20-2018, 07:36 PM
There is certainly a contingent of democrats that think that way, but they're not the majority, nor do I believe they ever will be.

Take away the radicals in just LA, NYC and Chicago and we'd never see another democrap president. These cess pool cities and they're radicals and illegal aliens are where the democraps voting power are at. There's a lot America that's nothing like them...

https://image.ibb.co/jedBon/winning.jpg
Then this generation had better grow up.

High_Plains_Drifter

----------------------------- http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/laughing/laughter.gif (http://www.sherv.net/)

Gunny

https://image.ibb.co/jedBon/winning.jpgBeen saying that for years and years.

High_Plains_Drifter
06-20-2018, 07:37 PM

And in 100 years when they've disarmed America, it'll be just all much easier.

Black Diamond
06-20-2018, 07:39 PM
And in 100 years when they've disarmed America, it'll be just all much easier.
That's part of the plan. As is taking away people's identity. That's part of open borders and trans gender. You're not American, not male or female. Not straight or gay, etc

easier to conquer that way.

High_Plains_Drifter
06-20-2018, 07:39 PM
Then this generation had better grow up.
When they finally move out of mommy's basement and have to work and pay their own bills, reality usually gives them a good slap up side the bubble head.

All that indoctrination kinda goes out the window... to an extent.

High_Plains_Drifter
06-20-2018, 07:41 PM
That's part of the plan. As is taking away people's identity. That's part of open borders and trans gender. You're not American, not male or female. Not straight or gay, etc

easier to conquer that way.
"Soylent Green."

Black Diamond
When they finally move out of mommy's basement and have to work and pay their own bills, reality usually gives them a good slap up side the bubble head.

All that indoctrination kinda goes out the window... to an extent.
My dad thinks they will adjust. I have my doubts. If they don't, well we are in trouble.

Gunny
And in 100 years when they've disarmed America, it'll be just all much easier.It ain't going to take them a hundred years. We're already on the downslide. When this generation comes of age and politically active? Twenty years. Maybe.

Once defenses start crumbling, they go FAST in a domino effect, picking up momentum as they go. They won't even realize they inflicted a mortal wound to themselves until it's too late.

But Gabby knows best. We're dumber :rolleyes:

High_Plains_Drifter
06-20-2018, 07:42 PM
My dad thinks they will adjust. I have my doubts. If they don't, well we are in trouble.
I hope I'm in my grave by that time.

High_Plains_Drifter
06-20-2018, 07:44 PM
It ain't going to take them a hundred years. We're already on the downslide. When this generation comes of age and politically active? Twenty years. Maybe.

Once defenses start crumbling, they go FAST in a domino effect, picking up momentum as they go. They won't even realize they inflicted a mortal wound to themselves until it's too late.

But Gabby knows best. We're dumber :rolleyes:
Ever seen a 83 year old stand in his doorway and blast away like Rambo with an AK-47? You will... :laugh:

I'll have lived my life. I'll be ready for my dirt nap anyway, and what they turned my America into won't be worth living in anymore, but I have a sneaking suspicion I won't be alone. I know a lot of people that think the same way I do. You want this gun, you can have it when I'm dead.

Gunny
06-20-2018, 08:25 PM
Ever seen a 83 year old stand in his doorway and blast away like Rambo with an AK-47? You will... :laugh:

I'll have lived my life. I'll be ready for my dirt nap anyway, and what they turned my America into won't be worth living in anymore, but I have a sneaking suspicion I won't be alone. I know a lot of people that think the same way I do. You want this gun, you can have it when I'm dead.No lefty is going to come take our firearms. That's not how they roll. They disenfranchise us a little at a time via legislation. Then they have the law come take them. If you refuse, YOU are the criminal.

It's the same stupid game they've used century after century in Nation after Nation, and from Ancient Greece to present day all they have ever wrought is downfall and ruin. that is historical fact. The strong build an empire, then the sewer rats and maggots on their coattails create a bunch of laws that basically disenfranchises the strong so the little power mad pussies can tell everyone what to do, only when push comes to shove, they've legislated out or existence the very people that could save them.

THAT is the part that kills me. We aren't first. Not even close. We're just next.

gabosaurus
06-20-2018, 08:33 PM
Now that everyone is getting their jollies throwing the topic off track, perhaps you can start answering the real question.Which is -- did anyone bother to read the story?
It is pretty obvious by your replies that you people need to spend less time drinking beer and watching TV down at the Moose Lodge and perhaps interact with actual young people. Which I, being about 30 years younger than the rest of you, do on a daily basis. The only picture you seem to have is the tripe that gets cherry picked and thrown at you by right wing blogs.
Point A -- Who gives a crap whether some young people are allegedly not fit enough to join the military? The ones who want to join will do so and the military will take them. Plus there are still a ton of military lifers out there whose kids don't have a choice. Just like many of you didn't have a choice.
There is one way that Trump's election was good for the country. It woke up a generation that tends to be very apathetic and alerted them to what can happen when you take the right to vote for granted.
Rant over. You can go back to sleep now. :cool:

Black Diamond
06-20-2018, 08:35 PM
Now that everyone is getting their jollies throwing the topic off track, perhaps you can start answering the real question.Which is -- did anyone bother to read the story?
It is pretty obvious by your replies that you people need to spend less time drinking beer and watching TV down at the Moose Lodge and perhaps interact with actual young people. Which I, being about 30 years younger than the rest of you, do on a daily basis. The only picture you seem to have is the tripe that gets cherry picked and thrown at you by right wing blogs.
Point A -- Who gives a crap whether some young people are allegedly not fit enough to join the military? The ones who want to join will do so and the military will take them. Plus there are still a ton of military lifers out there whose kids don't have a choice. Just like many of you didn't have a choice.
There is one way that Trump's election was good for the country. It woke up a generation that tends to be very apathetic and alerted them to what can happen when you take the right to vote for granted.
What is the difference between CNN and a blog? $10 billion.

Gunny
06-20-2018, 08:51 PM
You think WAY to highly of yourself. Your point was shot down and dismissed as nonsense and the thread moved on without you. Maybe we can slow down next time so you can keep up?

30 years younger huh? So you had your daughter when you were about 10 and joined USMB when you were around 15-ish? Interesting, that. But you know how us old fork forget things people post over the years. Or don't.

Gunny
06-20-2018, 08:56 PM
And WTF is a Moose Lodge? Anyone on here ever even seen one? I thought it was a place on the Flintstones or something :laugh:

Bet I haven't had a beer in over 10 years :smoke:

High_Plains_Drifter
06-20-2018, 08:58 PM
Point A -- Who gives a crap whether some young people are allegedly not fit enough to join the military?
Some? 7 in 10 is "some?"

And I have news for you little miss high and mighty, it's getting worse.

Funny how you think you fat ass, lazy, stupid little putz' are going to just breed yourselves into power and take over. How is that going to happen when none of you are fit enough to run a lemonade stand?

Why don't you regale us OLDSTERS with your MAJESTIC PLAN TO TAKE OVER... you going to just WAIT US OUT? Is that it? ... :laugh:

I'll get the popcorn.

Black Diamond
06-20-2018, 08:58 PM
And WTF is a Moose Lodge? Anyone on here ever even seen one? I thought it was a place on the Flintstones or something :laugh:

Bet I haven't had a beer in over 10 years :smoke:
Think Ralph crampdon

Gunny
06-20-2018, 09:28 PM
Here's something simple even us "old guys"can understand. Not even going to hope any young 'uns can. You take away my computer and phone? I am out ONE (count it) message board to post on, and ONE phone that never rings. I otherwise have skills I can sell or trade, and survival skills and can take care of myself.

You take away one of these kid's phones and computer? Dead in the water. Just sitting and waiting for something or someone to either come eat them or save them. That's if they eve know how to tread water without looking it up on Google :rolleyes:

THAT is not smart. It's definitely not smarter than me. It's about par with my younger (5) granddaughter.

gabosaurus
06-20-2018, 11:05 PM
30 years younger huh? So you had your daughter when you were about 10 and joined USMB when you were around 15-ish? Interesting, that. But you know how us old fork forget things people post over the years. Or don't.

Well, you obviously forgot that my daughter is adopted. :laugh:
And while I was on a message board when I was 15, it wasn't USMB. I didn't show up there until I was 21.

FakeNewsSux
06-21-2018, 12:15 AM

Oh, oh, Gabby. Be careful what you wish for. I guess you're right, the millennials aren't as dumb as they seem:

https://capitalresearch.org/article/the-conservative-millennial-no-longer-a-myth/

Gunny
06-21-2018, 12:03 PM
Well, you obviously forgot that my daughter is adopted. :laugh:
And while I was on a message board when I was 15, it wasn't USMB. I didn't show up there until I was 21.I don't know a thing about your daughter to forget except you said she went the prom this year and you think she's smarter than the average bear, like apparently, you do ALL kids.

I beg to differ and I stated "why" more than once. Since my opinion is based on the real world and not some la-la land in SoCal, I'll stick with mine. Reality hurts only those that don't see it coming. Which, would be most anyone under 40 these days.

Abbey Marie
06-21-2018, 04:56 PM

But they aren’t eating veggies. Not so smart there. ;)

Elessar
06-21-2018, 05:01 PM
Here's something simple even us "old guys"can understand. Not even going to hope any young 'uns can. You take away my computer and phone? I am out ONE (count it) message board to post on, and ONE phone that never rings. I otherwise have skills I can sell or trade, and survival skills and can take care of myself.

You take away one of these kid's phones and computer? Dead in the water. Just sitting and waiting for something or someone to either come eat them or save them. That's if they eve know how to tread water without looking it up on Google :rolleyes:

THAT is not smart. It's definitely not smarter than me. It's about par with my younger (5) granddaughter.

Bolded Part: So true especially in major urban and outlaying suburbs. Not nearly as accurate for a
place such as where I am now; but the voices (liberal) of those urban areas drown out us 'hillbillies / hicks'
all too often, throwing their fits of demanding entitlement and instant respect - which is yet to be earned.

I am glad that I discouraged my son from the path you have pretty much correctly outlined. He
has turned out well, got that Doctorate, and is able to fend for himself thanks to what I and his
Step-grandpap (A full blooded Cheyenne) have taught him.

gabosaurus
06-21-2018, 08:34 PM
Ah, yes. The old "I can survive off the grid" routine. :rolleyes:
You may know survival and battle skills, but it's not going to help if someone outsmarts you. The smart kids will allow you to build your perfect shelter, stock it with supplies and defend it with a stockpile of weapons. Then they will come up with a way to take it from you without firing a shot. What worked in 1970 isn't quite the same as what works 40 and 50 years later.
This is why you are retired and they are going to take your place. :cool:

Gunny
06-21-2018, 08:41 PM
You may know survival and battle skills, but it's not going to help if someone outsmarts you. The smart kids will allow you to build your perfect shelter, stock it with supplies and defend it with a stockpile of weapons. Then they will come up with a way to take it from you without firing a shot. What worked in 1970 isn't quite the same as what works 40 and 50 years later.
This is why you are retired and they are going to take your place. :cool:Yeah. You keep thinking THAT. You won't last long. I'm WAY past out-thinking THAT kindergarten scenario.

You really SHOULD stick to whatever it is you do best. Yo keep telling yourself these toddlers in adult bodies are smart. Right up to your last breath. That you'll take with one of the staring right at you not grasping the situation. Be a hard lesson you'll learn only once, but your willful ignorance will be the cause.

NightTrain
06-21-2018, 09:07 PM
This is why you are retired and they are going to take your place. :cool:

Knock off your sophomoric attempts to piss people off. Your attempts to portray yourself as insightful and possessing above average intelligence is hilarious.

If you were half as clever as you think you are, you'd be a teacher instead of a high school counselor in a Houston school.

Elessar
06-21-2018, 09:36 PM
You may know survival and battle skills, but it's not going to help if someone outsmarts you.

No 20 some year old without real "Life-Learning" is going to outsmart me,
nor would they survive if I took them into the wilderness and left them.

gabosaurus
06-21-2018, 11:05 PM
Knock off your sophomoric attempts to piss people off. Your attempts to portray yourself as insightful and possessing above average intelligence is hilarious.

If you were half as clever as you think you are, you'd be a teacher instead of a high school counselor in a Houston school.

Knock off your idiotic attempts to piss me off. Your attempts to portray yourself as intelligent and authoritarian are ridiculous.
If you were half as clever as you think you are, you'd be doing something other than hanging telephone wire in Bumfuck, Alaska.

NightTrain
06-22-2018, 08:10 AM
Knock off your idiotic attempts to piss me off. Your attempts to portray yourself as intelligent and authoritarian are ridiculous.
If you were half as clever as you think you are, you'd be doing something other than hanging telephone wire in Bumfuck, Alaska.

:laugh:

Ohhh bravo.

I rest my case.