PDA

View Full Version : Sarah Sanders asked to leave Virginia restaurant

gabosaurus
06-23-2018, 11:53 AM
Sounds petty and ridiculous to me. Let people eat in peace.

https://www.roanoke.com/news/local/white-house-press-secretary-reportedly-asked-to-leave-lexington-restaurant/article_916a0e10-50a8-51b6-b891-51acba84043d.html

Black Diamond
06-23-2018, 12:14 PM
I didn't think you could refuse service based on politics. Isn't that covered under religion race or CREED?

If Holder or Van Jones had been refused service, the place would be shut down.

Black Diamond
06-23-2018, 12:18 PM
I personally think you should be allowed to refuse service to anyone for any reason. But that's not what the law says.

Abbey Marie
06-23-2018, 12:34 PM
Owner asked her to leave, but we didn’t kick her out. Uh, what?

Black Diamond
06-23-2018, 12:59 PM
Owner asked her to leave, but we didn’t kick her out. Uh, what?
LOL. Did they call Bill Clinton for advice on how to handle this ?

Abbey Marie
06-23-2018, 02:29 PM
LOL. Did they call Bill Clinton for advice on how to handle this ?

:laugh2:

FakeNewsSux
06-23-2018, 02:32 PM
Raw video from the DNC instructing their minions on the midterm elections:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFkAAvDkj9k

FakeNewsSux
06-23-2018, 02:34 PM
Damn, Debbie Wasserman-Schultz has really let herself go!

High_Plains_Drifter
06-23-2018, 02:58 PM
Democrats used to try and hide who and what they are. They're not anymore. They're in full bloom, vile fascism. I can't say it enough times, these people are the trash of society. You either agree with them and kiss their all mighty ass, or you are to be SILENCED, SHUNNED, RIDICULED, INSULTED and BEATEN.

Now if there was ever a bunch that really WAS like the NAZI's, look no further than the modern day democrats.

Russ
06-23-2018, 05:23 PM
The IRS needs to do a super-audit on this restaurant for the last 7 years... :salute:

aboutime
06-23-2018, 06:52 PM
666 E. Washington St. Lexington, Va.https://www.google.com/maps/vt/data=MnHJ8P7-71_W7ESouSuqYTzHL8BJiD2twA4PbTymyGEtWhpeBKc9roKLuK 6rBrgvIH6EK-BsdJ8zFPMIxQFDnDdTBPFAWSHuQ4YJvWCu34uhXhsmbojcd2Li csyRCnqRQNPctKUEmg4-4ICOjgqfr8Uppz809shxSsMmKB7FWhNSsEfYWBsFiiJuB-QFYd5YM9uFQaTlCifQ7-Ai8LlOuZDfqARyUqh5Rm0TRgnbXysYDtv0aVmuT3U,utRL70vG 50IU88esuOTZVrA-BkDRUJ_Jx1ZWG4k-aNWVcYPp5QJp7eCXBKYMqlwLY5loRvGQ-B13Nh6g2zuV1NXjXKvigqtF_N2wPobTr5rHA47SsfpWD5EickY lPFYvrXL4IPAdy0F5dzqp3zwcnkLOLsswKvPJ_r0593IMNEnVw C-LF1Tmzunlzb5DJ9nHK8djhCxUYb8xvDOi6XQ74xiEYptPU16hb Ouc8xmplfxlttMfO5CSddlNiv2HN-GK4TMTIX0KlSR17SbxVd9jMRcF9dUYzt-eTNTwPDOFeT5WB4V5GsDz-DMzt20ShN5igAA2Yda47fdnJxc?scale=1&h=200&w=632

Gunny
06-23-2018, 09:36 PM
Sure is a lot of hate going on, and no one's even pretending they are civil anymore. And it's on BOTH sides.

Glad I got a new Olympic weight set and workout that are both killing me. If I'm going to die from stupidity, it may as well be my own.

Bilgerat
06-24-2018, 08:43 AM
Sounds petty and ridiculous to me. Let people eat in peace.

https://scontent-mia3-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/35971407_1791846464195086_5359395015267188736_n.jp g?_nc_cat=0&oh=8c2f7e5f57e29a72d45db18362f4b44f&oe=5BBAC3CE

pete311
06-24-2018, 04:30 PM
Yet sarah has no problem telling bakers they don't have to serve LGBT. Hypocrisy!

High_Plains_Drifter
06-24-2018, 06:36 PM
Yet sarah has no problem telling bakers they don't have to serve LGBT. Hypocrisy!
Really... so telling someone to leave your restaurant just because you hate their political stance is now on par with someone's religious convictions?

Sorry... that dog ain't gonna hunt.

aboutime
06-24-2018, 07:01 PM

Your hatred and stupidity is blocking your bowels when you open you mouth. Sarah had nothing to do with that Bakery and LGBT stuff. The SUPREME COURT did the deciding. By the way petey. Nobody voted for Sarah. She's a White House Presidential Employee. Only CONGRESS makes the laws...YOU OBVIOUSLY HATE.

KarlMarx
06-24-2018, 08:24 PM
There are two sets of rules

1. You can say, believe, or do anything you want.... if you agree with the Left. In cases such as this, you are always right because you cornered the market on morality

2. You can’t do, believe, or do what you conscience leads you to if you agree with the Right. In cases such as this, you are always wrong because you have cornered the market on evil.

Let’s test our hypothesis. The president pulled off something never done before... a summit with the North Koreans.... but because if Rule #2, he is wrong.

Restaurant owner discriminates against the Press Secretary in an arbitrary and unfair fashion. But because of Rule#1... she is right.

QED

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pete311
06-24-2018, 08:40 PM
Really... so telling someone to leave your restaurant just because you hate their political stance is now on par with someone's religious convictions?

Sorry... that dog ain't gonna hunt.

Yup, I don't support either discrimination. Not political or your fantasy land excuse.

FakeNewsSux
06-24-2018, 11:16 PM
Yup, I don't support either discrimination. Not political or your fantasy land excuse.

That's a false equivalency Pete. The baker has always served the LGBTQ... community, he just wouldn't create his art to sanction what his religion believed to be morally wrong. I'm sure the Halal baker down the street would have no problem fulfilling the wedding requirements. No Pete, I believe a closer equivalency would be the actions of the Red Hen and those of the Woolworth's lunch counter in 1960's Greensboro, NC. Those folks chose an arbitrary personal trait, the skin color of potential patrons, to refuse service. Much like the Red Hen chose an arbitrary personal trait, the potential patron's employer, to deny her a constitutional right of freedom of association. Drop the moral equivalency bullshit and just treat individual citizens with the common decency and respect you would have no problem giving a dog for God's sake.

Black Diamond
06-24-2018, 11:29 PM
That's a false equivalency Pete. The baker has always served the LGBTQ... community, he just wouldn't create his art to sanction what his religion believed to be morally wrong. I'm sure the Halal baker down the street would have no problem fulfilling the wedding requirements. No Pete, I believe a closer equivalency would be the actions of the Red Hen and those of the Woolworth's lunch counter in 1960's Greensboro, NC. Those folks chose an arbitrary personal trait, the skin color of potential patrons, to refuse service. Much like the Red Hen chose an arbitrary personal trait, the potential patron's employer, to deny her a constitutional right of freedom of association. Drop the moral equivalency bullshit and just treat individual citizens with the common decency and respect you would have no problem giving a dog for God's sake.
yeah but as I have been reading, creed may not fall under civil rights act.

darin
06-25-2018, 02:27 AM

Couple of thoughts -

Sarah seems to not-have as much of a problem with the restaurant as people have.

Sarah is gracious.

Sarah is not suing.

Sarah has the kind of internal/mental/spiritual character not seen in ANY modern democrat "leader".

Your logic is flawed - which is weird because usually you can form solid - even if wrong - arguments.

Explaining your flawed logic:

"Both The Red Hen’s owner and many others are pointing to the recent Supreme Court decision that ruled Masterpiece Cakeshop did not have to make an off-the-menu cake for a gay wedding to justify kicking Sanders out of the restaurant. However, there is no comparison. For that logic to work Sanders would’ve had to order food that wasn’t on the menu and then use the government to try and force them to make what she wanted."

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2018/06/24/red-hen-teaches-sarah-huckabee-sanders-that-virginia-is-for-pc-bullies-not-for-lovers.html

High_Plains_Drifter
06-25-2018, 04:05 AM
Poor little greasy Pete... going to double down on stupid... :laugh:

aboutime
06-25-2018, 06:51 PM

Yes, You do petey. You intentionally discriminate here by not bothering to answer any of my posts DIRECTED AT YOU. Reason? You really have trouble when presented with HONEST FACTS.
Double Down on Stupid for YOU petey is a wild Understatement.

darin
06-26-2018, 02:52 AM
Yes, You do petey. You intentionally discriminate here by not bothering to answer any of my posts DIRECTED AT YOU. Reason? You really have trouble when presented with HONEST FACTS.
Double Down on Stupid for YOU petey is a wild Understatement.

Or maybe the reason is: Pete doesn't care about convincing you to change your views. Maybe he doesn't take 95% of the board disagreeing with his wrong opinions as a reason to proselytize for his world-view.

I suspect Pete thinks WE (those few of us who hold truth above all else) are actually doubling-down on stupid. Either view - ours or his - could be right.

gabosaurus
06-26-2018, 09:46 AM
Before the Red Hen, there was Chris the Baker and Ross the Caterer. :cool:

https://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/08/22/va-baker-is-in-the-spotlight-at-ryan-rally/?mtrref=t.co

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/08/16/deli-owner-wears-anti-obama-shirt-while-catering-obama-campaign-stop.html

jimnyc
06-26-2018, 09:52 AM
Before the Red Hen, there was Chris the Baker and Ross the Caterer. :cool:

https://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/08/22/va-baker-is-in-the-spotlight-at-ryan-rally/?mtrref=t.co

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/08/16/deli-owner-wears-anti-obama-shirt-while-catering-obama-campaign-stop.html

One is of a guy who served the left, but wore and anti-Obama shirt. Probably against the law, right?

And the baker would have gladly served the faggots, just wouldn't make a specific cake, and they were not asked to leave.

You are a fucking idiot in addition to a liar.

gabosaurus
06-26-2018, 10:03 AM
And the baker would have gladly served the faggots, just wouldn't make a specific cake, and they were not asked to leave.

Wrong story. :cool:
Proving that you didn't bother to read the link. Proving that you react to comments by attacking the poster rather than comment itself. Proving that you can't follow your own directive asking people to respond to the link itself. Thanks for proving that you are hypocrite. :no:

You are a fucking idiot in addition to a liar.

Read what I said above. Who is the idiot and the liar now? You are too busy thinking up an insulting reply to respond to a genuine topic.
You need to ban yourself again. Might be good for you. :carryon:

jimnyc
06-26-2018, 10:15 AM
IMO - anyone should be able to deny service to anyone they don't want to do business with - just as a consumer then has the choice of where to do business, and can avoid the assholes they don't want to do business with. I supported the decision of the baker. I support the "decision" of the restaurant owner. She has that right, or should. I like to argue the hypocrisy with folks on the left.

I have ALWAYS stated the same as what I just wrote here, and anyone here knows that. Or do a search on my name with those terms of doing business.

But the left lost their identity and lunches when the fag was denied their cake. Then this happens, and they're all about "moral convictions" suddenly. BS.

jimnyc
06-26-2018, 10:17 AM
Wrong story. :cool:
Proving that you didn't bother to read the link. Proving that you react to comments by attacking the poster rather than comment itself. Proving that you can't follow your own directive asking people to respond to the link itself. Thanks for proving that you are hypocrite. :no:

Read what I said above. Who is the idiot and the liar now? You are too busy thinking up an insulting reply to respond to a genuine topic.
You need to ban yourself again. Might be good for you. :carryon:

You need to stop sending messages to folks declaring you're intent to troll certain "old folks", and then following through with it. You need to stop lying in general, as in where you post from. Hell, you probably did live in Cali in one point, or went on vacay in Huntington, but you're an outright liar about being in Texas. Your little charade of lies has followed you for a long time, from such things as trolling, locations and having your class kids write shit for you, as you claim to be a counselor. :rolleyes:

I wouldn't let you counsel my dog, let alone be with my child.

Black Diamond
06-26-2018, 10:54 AM
IMO - anyone should be able to deny service to anyone they don't want to do business with - just as a consumer then has the choice of where to do business, and can avoid the assholes they don't want to do business with. I supported the decision of the baker. I support the "decision" of the restaurant owner. She has that right, or should. I like to argue the hypocrisy with folks on the left.

I have ALWAYS stated the same as what I just wrote here, and anyone here knows that. Or do a search on my name with those terms of doing business.

But the left lost their identity and lunches when the fag was denied their cake. Then this happens, and they're all about "moral convictions" suddenly. BS.
I agree with you on being allowed to refuse service to anyone for any reason, but the law disagrees with me. . But I don't understand why politics isn't covered under the religion part of the civil rights act. Some states extend politics to fall under religion. Apparently Virginia doesn't.

jimnyc
06-26-2018, 10:56 AM
I agree with you on being allowed to refuse service to anyone for any reason, but the law disagrees with me. . But I don't understand why politics isn't covered under the religion part of the civil rights act. Some states extend politics to fall under religion. Apparently Virginia doesn't.

Not sure either. I doubt you'll ever see that change now though. :dunno:

Elessar
06-26-2018, 12:01 PM

Do you mean this one: At issue was a July 2012 encounter. At the time, Charlie Craig and David Mullins of Denver visited Masterpiece Cakeshop to buy a custom-made wedding cake. Phillips refused his services when told it was for a same-sex couple. The state civil rights commission sanctioned Phillips after a formal complaint from the gay couple.

Ummm...Obama era, so how was Sanders involved?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2018/06/04/supreme-court-rules-against-gay-wedding-exemptions/1052989001/

The court decision would have absolved this bakery in Gresham, Oregon that also refused back in 2012 - again in the Obama era:
https://www.denverpost.com/2017/12/28/penalty-against-oregon-baker-refused-make-cake-same-sex-couple/

Was Sanders Press Secretary in 2012?

Try looking at fact pete, rather than creating lies and myths

jimnyc
06-26-2018, 12:06 PM
Do you mean this one: At issue was a July 2012 encounter. At the time, Charlie Craig and David Mullins of Denver visited Masterpiece Cakeshop to buy a custom-made wedding cake. Phillips refused his services when told it was for a same-sex couple. The state civil rights commission sanctioned Phillips after a formal complaint from the gay couple.

Ummm...Obama era, so how was Sanders involved?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2018/06/04/supreme-court-rules-against-gay-wedding-exemptions/1052989001/

The court decision would have absolved this bakery in Gresham, Oregon that also refused back in 2012 - again in the Obama era:
https://www.denverpost.com/2017/12/28/penalty-against-oregon-baker-refused-make-cake-same-sex-couple/

Was Sanders Press Secretary in 2012?

Try looking at fact pete, rather than creating lies and myths

And they lost their collective minds when a single cake was denied. Went berserk over it. No excuses were possible. But when they toss someone out and claim "moral conviction" all the left laps it up and runs with it. Bunch of hypocrites, Pete and Skabby included.

Abbey Marie
06-26-2018, 12:37 PM
Hey Pete, have you heard that this Red Hen owner followed Sarah and her family to make sure no other restaurant served her?
Oh yeah, the left and the right are equally bad, though.

SassyLady
06-26-2018, 06:46 PM
Red Hen closed for a few days. Owner also resigned from her position on local business council. Capitalism at its best. Customers can make or break a business. Guess owner didn't know how many of her customers are conservatives.

Stephanie Wilkinson, the left-wing owner of the Red Hen restaurant who kicked out Sarah Huckabee Sanders and her guests out on Friday night, has resigned from the Main Street Lexington business group.

“Elizabeth Outland Branner, the president of the organization, accepted Wilkinson’s resignation Tuesday morning,” the local NBC affiliate reported (https://www.wsls.com/news/virginia/lexington/the-red-hen-owner-resigns-as-executive-director-of-main-street-lexington).

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/06/26/red-hen-owner-resigns-from-lexington-business-group-after-clash-with-sarah-sanders/

Black Diamond
06-26-2018, 06:54 PM
Red Hen closed for a few days. Owner also resigned from her position on local business council. Capitalism at its best. Customers can make or break a business. Guess owner didn't know how many of her customers are conservatives.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/06/26/red-hen-owner-resigns-from-lexington-business-group-after-clash-with-sarah-sanders/
Good rule of thumb: It's foolish to piss off 46+ percent of your customers.

Gunny
06-26-2018, 08:38 PM

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/06/26/red-hen-owner-resigns-from-lexington-business-group-after-clash-with-sarah-sanders/Been busy but I was going to suggest not going back, and Republicans /conservatives not patronizing the establishment. Not a lot of fuss or muss to that. There are a LOT of places to eat in and around the District.

Hit them where it hurts.

jimnyc
06-26-2018, 08:53 PM

Yep, that's what I said. They have the right to make their business decisions, and now the consumers have the right to decide where they would prefer to sit down and enjoy a meal. Liberal owner or not, a week ago I would have eaten there. It's not like I would have been dining with this person, I would only care about the ratings for the dining experience! But now? Now I can choose to find the next place in the area if I were around to take my business. And I'm confident many a folk on the left will now be customers at this place.

Black Diamond
06-26-2018, 09:16 PM
Yep, that's what I said. They have the right to make their business decisions, and now the consumers have the right to decide where they would prefer to sit down and enjoy a meal. Liberal owner or not, a week ago I would have eaten there. It's not like I would have been dining with this person, I would only care about the ratings for the dining experience! But now? Now I can choose to find the next place in the area if I were around to take my business. And I'm confident many a folk on the left will now be customers at this place.
I think those against will be of greater number. See what happens

Gunny
06-26-2018, 09:32 PM
I think those against will be of greater number. See what happensDoubtful. Probably a wash. Dems have no loyalty to their own. Neither do Republicans. Most of the people who actually live there can't afford to eat where politicians/bureaucrats do.

Just another hypocrisy. This person is making a living sucking off political money in a neighborhood he probably doesn't even live in. Probably drives straight to an upper-middle class neighborhood in Sterling, VA after work.

Black Diamond
06-26-2018, 09:37 PM
Doubtful. Probably a wash. Dems have no loyalty to their own. Neither do Republicans. Most of the people who actually live there can't afford to eat where politicians/bureaucrats do.

Just another hypocrisy. This person is making a living sucking off political money in a neighborhood he probably doesn't even live in. Probably drives straight to an upper-middle class neighborhood in Sterling, VA after work.
I didn't think about the neighborhood.

Abbey Marie
06-26-2018, 10:20 PM

FWIW, I heard she is also the cousin of Uber-lib Meryl Streep.

Gunny
06-26-2018, 10:22 PM
I didn't think about the neighborhood.I'm trying to remember but IIrC, there are only a select few areas inside Washington DC where people are going to eat. Georgetown and around Union Station. Used to be a hot dog vendor outside the Jefferson Memorial :)

I've lived in both Southern MD and No VA and both places suck. Most people in NoVa commute to Manassas or further. In MD I think the place was Glen Burnie. The burbs. DC itself is mostly ghetto, especially around and east of the Capitol.

Black Diamond
06-26-2018, 10:35 PM
I'm trying to remember but IIrC, there are only a select few areas inside Washington DC where people are going to eat. Georgetown and around Union Station. Used to be a hot dog vendor outside the Jefferson Memorial :)

I've lived in both Southern MD and No VA and both places suck. Most people in NoVa commute to Manassas or further. In MD I think the place was Glen Burnie. The burbs. DC itself is mostly ghetto, especially around and east of the Capitol.
Yes. I remember some neighborhoods around American university where they had some houses I really liked. Colonial style. Probably two million each.
but mostly ghetto.