PDA

View Full Version : This is why Liberals and Republicans are the same...more often than not.

darin
06-25-2018, 04:59 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/06/24/after-sarah-sanders-booted-from-virginia-restaurant-eateries-with-same-name-feel-heat.html

So - people. Just STOP. STOP the outrage. STOP telling people what you FEEL about their business decisions. STOP the lynch-mob mentality.

When you freak the fuck out that a painter wouldn't paint a portrait at a gay wedding or when a Liberal-owned business doesn't serve a segment of the population, you are the SAME as the person you scoffed-at in the other situation.

Grow up. Chill out. Care less.

Old ridge Runner
06-25-2018, 08:00 AM
This is the height of hippocracy. I baker can have his business shut down because he refuses to bake a cake for a homosexual wedding but a restaurant owner can kick a conservative out of his business because of people protesting the conservative.

gabosaurus
06-25-2018, 08:53 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/06/24/after-sarah-sanders-booted-from-virginia-restaurant-eateries-with-same-name-feel-heat.html

So - people. Just STOP. STOP the outrage. STOP telling people what you FEEL about their business decisions. STOP the lynch-mob mentality.

When you freak the fuck out that a painter wouldn't paint a portrait at a gay wedding or when a Liberal-owned business doesn't serve a segment of the population, you are the SAME as the person you scoffed-at in the other situation.

https://78.media.tumblr.com/7a5b07b04c09a1b5d1ec229039cc678b/tumblr_n9o0wpMInf1sgl0ajo1_500.gif

Darin, that was a remarkable statement. And the absolute truth. Thank you for posting that.

darin
06-25-2018, 09:04 AM
Dear Mr President. STFU please.

"“The Red Hen Restaurant should focus more on cleaning its filthy canopies, doors and windows (badly needs a paint job) rather than refusing to serve a fine person like Sarah Huckabee Sanders. I always had a rule, if a restaurant is dirty on the outside, it is dirty on the inside!” Trump tweeted early Monday."

:-/

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/06/25/trump-mocks-dirty-red-hen-over-filthy-building-defends-sarah-sanders.html

how about this instead:

"I love America; I love businesses deciding with whom they shall enter into a transaction. If the Red Hen does not prefer Conservatives, God bless them. I wish them prosperity. My friends, family, and staff will patronize other, more-welcoming, restaurants."

gabosaurus
06-25-2018, 09:35 AM
This is the height of hippocracy.

American hippocracy -- like democracy, only with hippos. :p

https://i.imgflip.com/2culzb.jpg

gabosaurus
06-25-2018, 09:38 AM

"“The Red Hen Restaurant should focus more on cleaning its filthy canopies, doors and windows (badly needs a paint job) rather than refusing to serve a fine person like Sarah Huckabee Sanders. I always had a rule, if a restaurant is dirty on the outside, it is dirty on the inside!” Trump tweeted early Monday."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/06/25/trump-mocks-dirty-red-hen-over-filthy-building-defends-sarah-sanders.html

how about this instead:

"I love America; I love businesses deciding with whom they shall enter into a transaction. If the Red Hen does not prefer Conservatives, God bless them. I wish them prosperity. My friends, family, and staff will patronize other, more-welcoming, restaurants."

Who are you and what did you do with Darin? :unsure:

pete311
06-25-2018, 09:52 AM
I pretty much agree. Too much polarization, tribal mentality and political gamesmanship over country.

High_Plains_Drifter
06-25-2018, 10:06 AM

how about this instead:

If I had been lied about, insulted, ridiculed, belittled, killed in effigy, my family trashed and insulted, and investigated started by the opposition on fake intel and everyone around me and that worked for me intimidated and attacked for the last two years, non stop, 24/7... I'd be WORSE than president Trump. I think he shows INCREDIBLE self control. He's a better man than I am.

High_Plains_Drifter
06-25-2018, 10:07 AM
I pretty much agree. Too much polarization, tribal mentality and political gamesmanship over country.
Yeah... "too much"... 99% of the "too much" coming from the new militant fascist democrat party.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keET6bbERc4

Abbey Marie
06-25-2018, 10:17 AM
If I had been lied about, insulted, ridiculed, belittled, killed in effigy, my family trashed and insulted, and investigated started by the opposition on fake intel and everyone around me and that worked for me intimidated and attacked for the last two years, non stop, 24/7... I'd be WORSE than president Trump. I think he shows INCREDIBLE self control. He's a better man than I am.

I tend to agree. Trump is no saint, but almost the entire media has gone after him, his staff, and his family, literally non-stop. That’s not just politics; that’s highly personal. As a man, imagine how hard it is to restrain himself when they insult and even threaten, his family.

I have always felt badly in the scenario where one guy throws a punch, and when the other guy defends himself, the teacher, for example, punishes them both equally. Simply stated, the one who starts it is the one who really needs to be corrected. Anything else is unjust.

It would be preferable if everyone acted with kindness and civility. We can hope for everyone to turn the other cheek, but it ain’t happening.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-25-2018, 12:25 PM
I tend to agree. Trump is no saint, but almost the entire media has gone after him, his staff, and his family, literally non-stop. That’s not just politics; that’s highly personal. As a man, imagine how hard it is to restrain himself when they insult and even threaten, his family.

I have always felt badly in the scenario where one guy throws a punch, and when the other guy defends himself, the teacher, for example, punishes them both equally. Simply stated, the one who starts it is the one who really needs to be corrected. Anything else is unjust.

It would be preferable if everyone acted with kindness and civility. We can hope for everyone to turn the other cheek, but it ain’t happening.

My friend, I too think Trump should and has every right to fight back. I know I would and I be far more insulting and vile to these lying, worthless
slime-balls than he is...

However, I also think that there are some things that he should just ignore.
If they see that he can be induced to make comments to defend every friend, republican in his administration - they can and will led him to do that so much that it will paint him as having an uncontrollable temper.
That those doing this are never held to blame, means that they get to be just as lying, corrupt, vile and insulting as they want and the stain gets plastered onto him.
Some of this bullshit from these ffing morons, he should have a couple well chosen and very intelligent people address for him using their own words, IMHO.-TYR

pete311
06-25-2018, 12:54 PM

lol exactly what do you do to Obama here.

Black Diamond
06-25-2018, 01:31 PM
Yeah we remember how triggered you became last time he ripped on your Ossiah.

High_Plains_Drifter
06-25-2018, 01:57 PM
I'm one person. I don't have channel after channel, show after show, celebrity after celebrity, the DOJ, the FBI, the IRS, on and on, and an entire lunatic army of vile, caustic, shrill, unhinged liars and bastards behind me like you democrats do.

Another one of your worthless, inane, vapid comparisons.

jimnyc
06-25-2018, 02:58 PM

What ONE PERSON does/says here on DP is much much different than the population, the media and/or the masses. Us/you/others complaining and discussing politics is nowhere near the same as the stuff that HPD refers to about the president.

Sure, many of us scorched him here, deservedly so, for his actions. NO ONE here that I know of was out there protesting businesses, trying to close places down, burning and/or cutting the presidents head off in effigy, an entire political affiliation trying to have someone investigated over things they ever so slyly started themselves, getting others fired...

This is NOT normal what has happened since Trump has been in office. Folks have been nasty about presidents in the past, and NONE of us are innocent of that. But I don't even think our resident liberals are out there trying to do the things happening to him. It takes a special type...

What's been happening to him is unprecedented. And no really good reason for it. It's not reasonable some of the things that are happening. And I'm not pointing shit at you, Pete, but rather the folks we see in the news, and those literally involved in the events of the investigation.

There is no comparison in actions towards a president - not Obama, and not even the way so many treated Bush.

And saying "well, you did something too..." isn't a reasonable response. Not from EITHER side. THAT kind of stuff is what keeps the friction going. No one wants to discuss reality. All blame, accusations and such - and then right to going for jobs and the throat, whether its the president of the USA or some guy on FB that others disagree with.

Had a guy JOE MALONEY on facebook yesterday, as I spoke with others about the Red Hen thing on their FB review page - this guy responded by pointing out my personal information and said everyone should come to my house to talk about it. After I "invited" him to try and do so - I reminded him all my page says is a city, so good luck with that. But that is NOT reasonable either.

Then I see a video of a guy trying to go home after a baseball game, and the crowd would barely let him get through as they were protesting something else. They TRASHED his car for no reason as he slowly went by, then you heard folks screaming to get his plate number and all. WTF? To what, report him for wanting to get home from a professional baseball game and folks attacked HIM?

High_Plains_Drifter
06-25-2018, 03:21 PM
Then I see a video of a guy trying to go home after a baseball game, and the crowd would barely let him get through as they were protesting something else. They TRASHED his car for no reason as he slowly went by, then you heard folks screaming to get his plate number and all. WTF? To what, report him for wanting to get home from a professional baseball game and folks attacked HIM?
DEMOCRATS attacked him and his car... DEMOCRATS.

Can anyone show me a recent instance of CONSERVATIVES doing this sort of thing?

I think not.

The incivility is HORRENDOUSLY perpetrated solely by DEMOCRATS... the DEMONSTRATIONS, the SHOUT DOWNS, the TARGETING and yes now VIOLENCE is virtually AAAAALLL being done by DEMOCRATS.

Well I'm sorry if some people disagree with me, but I think the time for "turning the other cheek" is over. It's time to fight back. Enough is enough. These low life sons a bitches want a war, I say give it to them.

Abbey Marie
06-25-2018, 03:38 PM
My friend, I too think Trump should and has every right to fight back. I know I would and I be far more insulting and vile to these lying, worthless
slime-balls than he is...

However, I also think that there are some things that he should just ignore.
If they see that he can be induced to make comments to defend every friend, republican in his administration - they can and will led him to do that so much that it will paint him as having an uncontrollable temper.
That those doing this are never held to blame, means that they get to be just as lying, corrupt, vile and insulting as they want and the stain gets plastered onto him.
Some of this bullshit from these ffing morons, he should have a couple well chosen and very intelligent people address for him using their own words, IMHO.-TYR

We all need to pick our battles.

SassyLady
06-25-2018, 07:22 PM
Had a guy JOE MALONEY on facebook yesterday, as I spoke with others about the Red Hen thing on their FB review page - this guy responded by pointing out my personal information and said everyone should come to my house to talk about it. After I "invited" him to try and do so - I reminded him all my page says is a city, so good luck with that. But that is NOT reasonable either.

I played this on the Red Hen FB.

"Narrowed minded owner. Beware."

A person named Jim Williams said I threatened the owner and should be reported to FBI and FB. I told him I was was only letting customers know that they should beware of owner because they will be humiliated if they support our President.

aboutime
06-25-2018, 07:53 PM

Whatever most of us said about Obama here...just happened to be TRUE. Not something YOU can accept, or admit. Should we post his list of lies over 8 years for you again?
All have been proven, documented, recorded, and verified. Can you do that?
As for POLITICIANS from any party. I stand by my original opinion. "All Politicians are Liars!"

darin
06-26-2018, 04:40 AM
She is not helping

http://a57.foxnews.com/images.foxnews.com/content/fox-news/politics/2018/06/25/cnn-star-jim-acosta-shamed-at-trump-rally-as-crowd-chants-go-home-jim/_jcr_content/article-text/article-par-6/inline_spotlight_ima/image.img.jpg/612/344/1529974787522.jpg

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/06/25/cnn-star-jim-acosta-shamed-at-trump-rally-as-crowd-chants-go-home-jim.html

Kathianne
06-26-2018, 05:46 AM
She is not helping

http://a57.foxnews.com/images.foxnews.com/content/fox-news/politics/2018/06/25/cnn-star-jim-acosta-shamed-at-trump-rally-as-crowd-chants-go-home-jim/_jcr_content/article-text/article-par-6/inline_spotlight_ima/image.img.jpg/612/344/1529974787522.jpg

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/06/25/cnn-star-jim-acosta-shamed-at-trump-rally-as-crowd-chants-go-home-jim.html

It seems to me that it's now a measure of how loyal one is, by insisting the 'others,' (defined only by disagreeing with the loyal positions), are liars, scumbuckets, any other vile term, but most importantly un-American. Seriously, doesn't matter if one is from the left or right, it's the loyalty questions, not issues that define.

darin
06-26-2018, 06:25 AM
It seems to me that it's now a measure of how loyal one is, by insisting the 'others,' (defined only by disagreeing with the loyal positions), are liars, scumbuckets, any other vile term, but most importantly un-American. Seriously, doesn't matter if one is from the left or right, it's the loyalty questions, not issues that define.

it's like people can't value their own views - that's not enough. they cannot tolerate anyone disagreeing and much less the thought their views OMG may not be best. They have to - because I think they secretly long for a relationship with their creator - in essence, they have to be be special. And they cannot be special if somebody disagrees with them.

Love you, Kath.

Kathianne
06-26-2018, 07:27 AM
it's like people can't value their own views - that's not enough. they cannot tolerate anyone disagreeing and much less the thought their views OMG may not be best. They have to - because I think they secretly long for a relationship with their creator - in essence, they have to be be special. And they cannot be special if somebody disagrees with them.

Love you, Kath.

To some degree, wanting others to agree with oneself, is normal. It's like a 3-year old that thinks anytime is a good time for cookies, they just can't fathom how someone could disagree with that.

Adults though, especially in a country that is supposed to be based upon an agreement regarding a civil body, should be able to argue their positions through logic and rhetoric. It's fine to have heated discussions, but wanting the 'other side' to be killed, annihilated, removed from the country? That's not supposed to be the response to discourse. Of course, discourse no longer is the norm even in governing bodies, much less the 'public.'

It's near daily now, the left or right makes a complete 180 regarding some position, all depending on where the leader and press go that day. In fact, it seems often enough that the position of the leaders is oft dependent upon certain media talking heads, rarely about issues, mostly about personalities and identifying enemies.

Sad.

darin
06-26-2018, 07:46 AM
To some degree, wanting others to agree with oneself, is normal. It's like a 3-year old that thinks anytime is a good time for cookies, they just can't fathom how someone could disagree with that.

Adults though, especially in a country that is supposed to be based upon an agreement regarding a civil body, should be able to argue their positions through logic and rhetoric. It's fine to have heated discussions, but wanting the 'other side' to be killed, annihilated, removed from the country? That's not supposed to be the response to discourse. Of course, discourse no longer is the norm even in governing bodies, much less the 'public.'

It's near daily now, the left or right makes a complete 180 regarding some position, all depending on where the leader and press go that day. In fact, it seems often enough that the position of the leaders is oft dependent upon certain media talking heads, rarely about issues, mostly about personalities and identifying enemies.

Sad.

More adults nowadays are simply kids. They throw tantrums and scream and whine and cry to ensure EVERYONE knows how OFFENDED they are.
We have infantalized grown-ups. We shun responsibility and self-reliance in teh name of OMG I MUST TELL YOU WHEN MY FEELINGS ARE HURT SO I CAN FEEL VALUED!!

Ugh.

Going to get my farm someday...way out in the country. You're welcome to stop by - sit a spell.

Black Diamond
06-26-2018, 07:51 AM

How would the red hen owner's religious rights have been violated by serving Ms Sanders?
And why is religion protected but not someone's political beliefs when it comes to serving someone in a restaurant?

darin
06-26-2018, 07:56 AM
How would the red hen owner's religious rights have been violated by serving Ms Sanders?
And why is religion protected but not someone's political beliefs when it comes to serving someone in a restaurant?

why are you asking me those questions? Do you think I somehow think their rights - ANY rights - have/were/are violated? My post is about the whining.

Black Diamond
06-26-2018, 07:59 AM
why are you asking me those questions? Do you think I somehow think their rights - ANY rights - have/were/are violated? My post is about the whining.
You implied the bakery and red hen incidents were equivalent. They are not.

darin
06-26-2018, 08:10 AM
You implied the bakery and red hen incidents were equivalent. They are not.

i think i'm very clear in saying I made the opposite implication.

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?63434-Sarah-Sanders-asked-to-leave-Virginia-restaurant&p=912142#post912142

I'm implying - by directly saying - it's stupid to get up in arms and start a mob when something doesn't go your (collective your, not you, BD) way. I'm saying just as pathetic as the shouting-down/closing down of bakeries by idiots on the left, the kind of vitriol expressed at the Red Hen - AND OTHER Red Hens which have NO affiliation - is pathetic.

Gunny
06-26-2018, 08:28 AM

Grow up. Chill out. Care less.This argument is valid only if you remove context and intent. A practice lawyers have used for 2+ centuries to destroy both the intent and morality of the law. Just wordsmithing to reach a desired conclusion comparing apples to oranges.

What both instances DO have in common is both are politically-motivated, attention-whoring grandstands by the left. If a rightwinger was to do either, he/she would be crucified by the media/left.

I can agree the personal behavior on BOTH sides is over the top. I also believe in fighting smarter, not harder, and DEFINITELY NOT behaving in the exact same manner as those whose behavior you condemn. On the other hand, comprehending retaliatory behavior isn't hard. Especially when our society teaches it nowadays.

High_Plains_Drifter
06-26-2018, 08:33 AM
I can agree the personal behavior on BOTH sides is over the top.
Can you show me an instance where the behavior of conservatives towards a democrat has been over the top?

Even if you get lucky and find some isolated incident, I can show you 100 to 1 where this bad behavior is perpetrated almost exclusively by the left. Seems there's a few here that just love to ignore that.

Black Diamond
06-26-2018, 08:33 AM
i think i'm very clear in saying I made the opposite implication.

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?63434-Sarah-Sanders-asked-to-leave-Virginia-restaurant&p=912142#post912142

I'm implying - by directly saying - it's stupid to get up in arms and start a mob when something doesn't go your (collective your, not you, BD) way. I'm saying just as pathetic as the shouting-down/closing down of bakeries by idiots on the left, the kind of vitriol expressed at the Red Hen - AND OTHER Red Hens which have NO affiliation - is pathetic.
Other red hens should not be targeted no matter what the manager did.

unless it's the franchises policy to not serve trump supporters or admin.

Kathianne
06-26-2018, 09:05 AM
More adults nowadays are simply kids. They throw tantrums and scream and whine and cry to ensure EVERYONE knows how OFFENDED they are.
We have infantalized grown-ups. We shun responsibility and self-reliance in teh name of OMG I MUST TELL YOU WHEN MY FEELINGS ARE HURT SO I CAN FEEL VALUED!!

Ugh.

Going to get my farm someday...way out in the country. You're welcome to stop by - sit a spell.

I will stop by. You must hurry though, while I can still ride the horses!

gabosaurus
06-26-2018, 09:28 AM
There is no Red Hen "franchise." Each of the 30 or so restaurants in the U.S. taking the name "Red Hen" are run independently.
There have been many who have berated and/or threatened a Red Hen restaurant in Hartford, Conn. simply because it shared the same name. They didn't bother to check. Why would anyone phone in a physical threat to the manager of the Hartford Red Hen because he "didn't support the President?" Are people really that angry?

Kathianne
06-26-2018, 09:38 AM
There is no Red Hen "franchise." Each of the 30 or so restaurants in the U.S. taking the name "Red Hen" are run independently.
There have been many who have berated and/or threatened a Red Hen restaurant in Hartford, Conn. simply because it shared the same name. They didn't bother to check. Why would anyone phone in a physical threat to the manager of the Hartford Red Hen because he "didn't support the President?" Are people really that angry?

Yes. Both sides are now just trying to see which can be the most rabid. The current mantra is, "They are worse and THEY started it."

jimnyc
06-26-2018, 09:41 AM

Have you watched the actions of so many on the left since election day? Yes, folks are that angry.

And yes, there are unreasonable folks on BOTH sides, both sides share guilt. But I'm still not relenting that the actions out there today that we are seeing, we see very little if any at all from conservatives when someone they detest from the left is in office. Sorry, the left has upped the ante since Trump took office, or maybe it was since Hillary lost, I'm unsure. But things have royally changed this term, for the worst. I think the actions are somewhat unprecedented, and of course you are going to see a fair amount of folks responding in kind, or in manners that they shouldn't be.

I can admit when I'm wrong, you know that. But anyone can be honest, or dishonest and then I ask them to prove the similarities. And yeah, it can be proven. The fact is, for the 8 years Obama was in office, we never saw huge marches towards impeachment - even though MANY thought that's what he deserved. There was no violence in the streets. There was no mass hysteria around the nation of hatred over a president. And then you have the extreme, which were the folks crying and screaming that night, or screaming to the skies, or all the other deep seated hatred we see.

And yes, again, many on the right too. I just don't think the numbers are even nearly equivalent. And some will argue that, simply because they don't want their side to be "wrong". One can still be 300000% correct, and still acknowledge the actions of millions on the left that are taking things too far. Just as I feel that the right hasn't nearly acted out as much, but yet I freely admit that there are many wackjobs on the right that will do similar or worse. But when you see little on the streets, and yet a ton of vitriol on the internet and news.... compared to a ton of vitriol on the internet and news & a ton load of hatred and marches and worse being brought to the streets. Demands of violence and unrest and no sleep, going to folks houses and such.

jimnyc
06-26-2018, 09:48 AM
Yes. Both sides are now just trying to see which can be the most rabid. The current mantra is, "They are worse and THEY started it."

Well, both sides can be out of line, and one like myself pointing out the totality of it all, and the differences, isn't about tit for tat as some make it appear like that - but rather reality. Anyone not acknowledging that things are a ton worse out there today, would be naive. Anyone not realizing that this started since Trump took office would be naive. Anyone denying that the majority of negative actions we see out there are from the left, would also be naive.

That's not to say that there aren't a ton of people on the right that are inappropriate, wrong, assholes or whatever. Both sides are playing a part in all of this. But one would be very naive to somehow equate the 2, and make a claim that both sides act the equivalent - because we simply don't see the actions in the streets and in the media and from even politicians, when the left is in charge.

This doesn't do anything for me. Anyone of us can be wrong at any given time, so it makes none of us better or worse. I'm just counting pure numbers here and the reality. If folks were somehow able to add up and process the amount of folks out there involved in peaceful marches... but then marches that end up with violence, or harming someone somehow or going after folks personally. Just add up the actions of the folks together as one, or add up individual actions over time. Either way, the left wins in my book.

I don't know who started it, and don't care. I handle my own and discuss and argue things online. I have no desire to go out there and march, or go out and get violent for any reason at all, or go protest anyone for anything.

And then on top of all that - what makes things seem glaringly worse - is the left MSM who agitate things and amplify things when they broadcast the news, in which half the time we don't even know if things are 100% true anymore or not.

gabosaurus
06-26-2018, 09:57 AM
I can admit when I'm wrong, you know that. But anyone can be honest, or dishonest and then I ask them to prove the similarities. And yeah, it can be proven. The fact is, for the 8 years Obama was in office, we never saw huge marches towards impeachment - even though MANY thought that's what he deserved. There was no violence in the streets. There was no mass hysteria around the nation of hatred over a president. And then you have the extreme, which were the folks crying and screaming that night, or screaming to the skies, or all the other deep seated hatred we see.

Find me the time where Obama said it was OK to grab women by the pussy. Or denigrate entire countries or nationalities. Obama didn't use twitter to insult entire religions. Or try to change the rule of law to suit his whim.
Trump pisses people off. He insults members of his own party. You love him or you hate him.
Jim, you are a conservative Republican. To you. Trump can do no wrong. Trump can fly to the border and shoot down immigrants from a helicopter and his followers would praise him for it.
Trump's popularity will be tested in November. Every GOP candidate is going to have to defend him.

High_Plains_Drifter
06-26-2018, 11:22 AM
Or denigrate entire countries or nationalities. Obama didn't use twitter to insult entire religions. Or try to change the rule of law to suit his whim.
You have GOT to be SHITTIN' me. The magic negro pissed on the constitution with his "pen and his phone" every chance he got, and pissed on Israel every chance he got, and he pissed on law enforcement every chance he got, "they acted STUPIDLY," and he filled his cabinet with anti Christian muslims, and he tried to "fundamentally transform" America, following his marching orders by his puppet master and fellow America hater, George Soros.

Trump pisses people off.
He pisses YOU off, and your anti American ilk.

He insults members of his own party.
He's a counter puncher. They insult him, he insults them back... good for him.

...you are a conservative Republican. To you. Trump can do no wrong. Trump can fly to the border and shoot down immigrants from a helicopter and his followers would praise him for it.
Pure BULL SHIT, but coming from you, no shocker.

Trump's popularity will be tested in November.
He's more popular now than any other president in history, and it won't be any different in November.

Every GOP candidate is going to have to defend him.
If they want to win, they will.

jimnyc
06-26-2018, 12:02 PM
Find me the time where Obama said it was OK to grab women by the pussy. Or denigrate entire countries or nationalities. Obama didn't use twitter to insult entire religions. Or try to change the rule of law to suit his whim.
Trump pisses people off. He insults members of his own party. You love him or you hate him.
Jim, you are a conservative Republican. To you. Trump can do no wrong. Trump can fly to the border and shoot down immigrants from a helicopter and his followers would praise him for it.
Trump's popularity will be tested in November. Every GOP candidate is going to have to defend him.

I wrote about, which you quoted, folks behavior and actions. And you instantly change the subject to Trump. That's the TDS in action.

You are a fucking idiot.

He needs no defending, he's doing just fine. And the liberals and MSM are doing enough to help him and show America the insanity of the left.

FakeNewsSux
06-26-2018, 12:06 PM
Yea, all those out of control, hyperbolic right wingers need to chill out. Can't we all just get along and bring everyone together like Our Dear Leader preached:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYM6UjwwP90

jimnyc
06-26-2018, 12:10 PM
Yea, all those out of control, hyperbolic right wingers need to chill out. Can't we all just get along and bring everyone together like Our Dear Leader preached:

LOL - but but but BUSH or or or TRUMP did it!

FakeNewsSux
06-26-2018, 12:37 PM
It's a great idea in principle to have a reasonable discussion with haters but....

https://bigleaguepolitics.com/watch-laura-loomer-confronts-maxine-waters/

FakeNewsSux
06-26-2018, 12:43 PM
Don't forget, the only rules in play are Saul Alinsky's Rules For Radicals:

"Power is not only what you have but what the enemy thinks you have."
"Never go outside the expertise of your people."
"Whenever possible go outside the expertise of the enemy."
"Make the enemy live up to its own book of rules."
"Ridicule is man's most potent weapon."
"A good tactic is one your people enjoy."
"A tactic that drags on too long becomes a drag."
"Keep the pressure on."
"The threat is usually more terrifying than the thing itself."
"The major premise for tactics is the development of operations that will maintain a constant pressure upon the opposition."
"If you push a negative hard and deep enough it will break through into its counterside"
"The price of a successful attack is a constructive alternative."
"Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it."

Abbey Marie
06-26-2018, 12:44 PM

Obama denigrated and insulted the entire police force of this country in his handling of the Dallas police murder spree. And in doing so denigrated the very core of integrity and decency and the rule of law. No “pu**y” comment can come close to the ugliness of that.

Abbey Marie
06-26-2018, 12:47 PM
They are worse, and they did start it.

:coffee:

FakeNewsSux
06-26-2018, 01:03 PM
And while all this bullshit is grabbing the headlines, let's not forget the story that is not being covered:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqhmskEHCsI

SassyLady
06-26-2018, 07:02 PM
And while all this bullshit is grabbing the headlines, let's not forget the story that is not being covered:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqhmskEHCsI

I am so sad Trey is leaving DC.

Gunny
06-26-2018, 08:28 PM
Can you show me an instance where the behavior of conservatives towards a democrat has been over the top?

Even if you get lucky and find some isolated incident, I can show you 100 to 1 where this bad behavior is perpetrated almost exclusively by the left. Seems there's a few here that just love to ignore that.You aren't going to like the answer.

Yours.

jimnyc
06-26-2018, 08:51 PM
I don't think anyone's behavior on this board, left or right, compares in the slightest to the actions of many liberals out there in the streets. Yeah, words count, but our little tiny community here is nothing compared to going fully public with gatherings and support. One members opinion here versus a crowd mentality. I think when I make a similar comment, I'm referring to finding actions of the right, where they are acting out as the masses and doing the things that liberals do. The right tend to keep it closer to themselves, and bitch and moan here, or to those around them - but not taking it to the streets en masse, or going after employment of others en masse or just some of the despicable actions continually take place out there.

as I said earlier, no side is innocent of the shenanigans. But there is a difference, both in volume and in how disagreement is handled. The right has their share of guilt, takes two, but that doesn't mean that the left can't be more involved out there. I don't see habit of righties going to folks houses personally, but I'm sure it's happened. The amount of marches that end up violently, and also sometimes in front of peoples places/homes. Then it may be off to places of employment, or bombarding the employer and/or sponsors until they get their way. They often don't just disagree but demand some sort of punishment of the person they disagree with, calling for heads and what not.

Just since 11/2016 alone it's been insane, the actions out there of the left. While many on the right respond and have their own shares or bad behavior, it simply doesn't compare to those out there performing the actual actions.

For example, I know I'm an ass, and I'll argue with folks online anywhere. But argue with a liberal? And their friends want to lookup my address and come talk about it at my house at night for whatever reason. A rather odd way for a bunch of liberals who disagreed with my stance.

High_Plains_Drifter
06-26-2018, 09:04 PM
You aren't going to like the answer.

Yours.
Well that's lame, Gunny, because I've been civil to everyone here that's been civil to me. I always let the other person take the first shot, and sometimes even the second and third, and then gloves come off, and they stay off.

Then there's the irony of your reply, being that I'm no better or worse than you are. You're no angel either.

And I'd go into detail why your reply is lame but Jim said about what I was going to say anyway. Comparing me on this board to what's been going on in public is ludicrous. I don't protest non stop, hell I've never protested in my LIFE, I don't scream at people in public, I don't follow people around and threaten them, I don't tell anyone else to follow people around and scream in their face, insult and threaten them, I don't shoot people at baseball games, I don't loot, burn down businesses, riot or fight with the police, on and on, etc. I peacefully voice my opinion on social media, period.

Seems all I had to do was disagree with you about president Trump, and now you've got a problem with me too. Guess the lesson here is don't disagree with Gunny.

jimnyc
06-26-2018, 09:28 PM
I know others can handle themselves, especially Gunny and HPD. I offer my own opinions to backup my own statements about the left and their actions.

Gunny
06-26-2018, 10:07 PM
Well that's lame, Gunny, because I've been civil to everyone here that's been civil to me. I always let the other person take the first shot, and sometimes even the second and third, and then gloves come off, and they stay off.

Then there's the irony of your reply, being that I'm no better or worse than you are. You're no angel either.

And I'd go into detail why your reply is lame but Jim said about what I was going to say anyway. Comparing me on this board to what's been going on in public is ludicrous. I don't protest non stop, hell I've never protested in my LIFE, I don't scream at people in public, I don't follow people around and threaten them, I don't tell anyone else to follow people around and scream in their face, insult and threaten them, I don't shoot people at baseball games, I don't loot, burn down businesses, riot or fight with the police, on and on, etc. I peacefully voice my opinion on social media, period.

Seems all I had to do was disagree with you about president Trump, and now you've got a problem with me too. Guess the lesson here is don't disagree with Gunny.

The lesson here is, I never claimed to be an angel. We are nowhere near alike. I want to win a war, not a couple of battles. I don't have to lower myself to not having manners to do it.

I've said it before ... it you become the very thing you rail against and profess to hate ... WHAT exactly have you become?

I'll hand out some points for one thing though ... I'm getting into AWESOME shape focusing on my workouts instead of the hatred that permeates US politics nowadays. Hatred has a price tag. I fought too hard to rise above paying that price to get dragged back down my it. Because I KNOW where it leads.

Oh, and I don't know what agreeing/disagreeing with me has to do with anyone. That can be said of anyone here. I promise, I'll worry about that right after I decide which color PT gear I want to wear tomorrow. Must look our coolest in dark before even the chickens are up. Never know when you might get in an accident :)

High_Plains_Drifter
06-27-2018, 05:53 AM
The lesson here is, I never claimed to be an angel. We are nowhere near alike. I want to win a war, not a couple of battles. I don't have to lower myself to not having manners to do it.
I really don't know what all that really even means.

1) I never said I was an angel either, in fact I've stated I can be an asshole, and so can you and you have been.

2) We're more alike than you think. Just because I disagree with you about some policy and I support Trump doesn't make us night and day.

3) Far as winning a war goes and not just a couple battles, I'm not sure what that parable is supposed to mean either, but again, this insinuating that you're some how above me and anyone else here because you have "manners" is kind of a joke. You can and have belted out just as down and dirty line of smack as anyone else here, time and time again. I don't know why you think you have some kind of high ground.

4) I hate democrats, I hate what they are, what they do, what they stand for, the way they act, what they support, the way they look, on and on, and to suggest that by some magical, mystical, imaginary force I'm going to turn into one is just hilarious. I've pointed out specifically what they do, and that I wouldn't have any part of it, ever. I'm going to be 63 years old and I've hated democrats for a long, long time already, and I've never acted out like an unhinged democrat in my life, and I'm NOT going to start now. I will NEVER be a democrat, I will never be LIKE a democrat, but yes, I do HATE them. So your theory you keep pushing is NOT valid.

I don't want to fight with ya, Gunny... it was a lot more fun when we got along. Just disagreeing shouldn't ruin everything.

Abbey Marie
06-27-2018, 09:47 AM
I really don't know what all that really even means.

1) I never said I was an angel either, in fact I've stated I can be an asshole, and so can you and you have been.

2) We're more alike than you think. Just because I disagree with you about some policy and I support Trump doesn't make us night and day.

3) Far as winning a war goes and not just a couple battles, I'm not sure what that parable is supposed to mean either, but again, this insinuating that you're some how above me and anyone else here because you have "manners" is kind of a joke. You can and have belted out just as down and dirty line of smack as anyone else here, time and time again. I don't know why you think you have some kind of high ground.

4) I hate democrats, I hate what they are, what they do, what they stand for, the way they act, what they support, the way they look, on and on, and to suggest that by some magical, mystical, imaginary force I'm going to turn into one is just hilarious. I've pointed out specifically what they do, and that I wouldn't have any part of it, ever. I'm going to be 63 years old and I've hated democrats for a long, long time already, and I've never acted out like an unhinged democrat in my life, and I'm NOT going to start now. I will NEVER be a democrat, I will never be LIKE a democrat, but yes, I do HATE them. So your theory you keep pushing is NOT valid.

I don't want to fight with ya, Gunny... it was a lot more fun when we got along. Just disagreeing shouldn't ruin everything.

Those last 5 words, though... :thumb:

FakeNewsSux
06-27-2018, 09:58 AM
I've been trying to figure this thread out. Most folks calling for civility in social discourse seemed a bit out of place given the "rough and tumble" nature of many threads on this site. But now I get it. This site is nothing more than an on-line KKK rally!:

http://dailycaller.com/2018/06/26/samantha-bee-writer-civility-white-supremacy/

Abbey Marie
06-27-2018, 10:21 AM
i've been trying to figure this thread out. Most folks calling for civility in social discourse seemed a bit out of place given the "rough and tumble" nature of many threads on this site. But now i get it. This site is nothing more than an on-line kkk rally!:

wth?

High_Plains_Drifter
06-27-2018, 10:21 AM
I've been trying to figure this thread out. Most folks calling for civility in social discourse seemed a bit out of place given the "rough and tumble" nature of many threads on this site. But now I get it. This site is nothing more than an on-line KKK rally!:

Irony alert...

https://image.ibb.co/k40XTn/democrats_kkk.jpg