PDA

View Full Version : So this just happened to me

jimnyc
06-25-2018, 12:34 PM
Still sick and feel like a dog. Ok, maybe a little better. But I left my town to go to White Plains to go pickup medication. Where I'm at in this vid... you make a right and it's right there, sooooo close.

Just pulling up to a red light and came to a complete stop behind this dump truck. Yeah, I may have been close to him, but he admitted to the police that he simply didn't see me. And of course I have this showing fault...

Don't turn up the volume, if you do, my voice may make it NSFW!

And listen to my friend right afterward, talking about how there's no damage. WTF?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlkDEHiglZA

jimnyc
06-25-2018, 12:43 PM
I plan on just buffing it out!!

https://i.imgur.com/WmvQQsN.jpg

High_Plains_Drifter
06-25-2018, 12:46 PM
Son of a BITCH... what in the FUCK was he DOING???!!!

NO... you weren't too close to him. He's TOTALLY at fault.

They might have to do some pulling behind that damage to get things to fit now... just wow...

jimnyc
06-25-2018, 12:58 PM
Son of a BITCH... what in the FUCK was he DOING???!!!

NO... you weren't too close to him. He's TOTALLY at fault.

They might have to do some pulling behind that damage to get things to fit now... just wow...

He said he was backing up like 30 feet to pull into the deli - on the LEFT. Why in the F was he in the right lane then? And there's already a connecting driveway right there to the left in the Mobil, which shares the parking lot, so he didn't even need to backup!!

He's the OWNER of a MONSTER excavating company, so he's loaded. There won't be an issue thankfully. He said to get it fixed and he would even give me cash for my deductible and what not. He was very sorry about it, and admitted his guys do all the driving and this was the first time he drove the truck in a long long time. And it shows! NEVER backup a dump while at a light or not in a construction area with help of someone monitoring as you backup.

NightTrain
06-25-2018, 12:59 PM
That really sucks, man.

You didn't have much time, but I would have slammed her into reverse while laying on the horn if there was no one behind you.

Older driver, he wasn't being cautious at all and should have known better - when I drove truck, I always eased back just in case there was someone back there in the blind spot. That guy threw it into reverse and flew back.

Is the radiator leaking?

jimnyc
06-25-2018, 01:08 PM
That really sucks, man.

You didn't have much time, but I would have slammed her into reverse while laying on the horn if there was no one behind you.

Older driver, he wasn't being cautious at all and should have known better - when I drove truck, I always eased back just in case there was someone back there in the blind spot. That guy threw it into reverse and flew back.

Is the radiator leaking?

I freaked, I didn't have my hands on shifter. I usually drive with my hand resting on it. I fumbled before I got it into reverse and hit horn at same time but was too late. Just one of those days feeling sick, sniffling in which you hear, where my reaction and attention simply weren't up to par.

Yeah, luckily a slow leak, but she's leaking. I'm off to the body shop for an estimate shortly and am going to find out if I can drive until they take it into fix it or not. But either way I'll be renting a car tomorrow as the guy stated his insurance will cover a rental for me. AND he called the guy on speed dial and was on a first name basis, when he called to confirm the rental. WTF, it's as if he does this all the time.

He just simply tossed it into reverse and floored it. He even told me AND the police officer that! He said he simply thought there was no one there. "I" think he should have gotten a ticket for unsafe backing, but he didn't.

jimnyc
06-25-2018, 01:10 PM
Let's take some bets on the estimate!

Keep in mind, some damage is nearly impossible to see. And getting hit by a 3 billion pound dump, who the hell knows. I know Rick guessed $4k when I sent him a picture right after it happened. I'm playing "the price is right" and screwing him with a bid of $4100

Bilgerat
06-25-2018, 01:16 PM
Still sick and feel like a dog. Ok, maybe a little better. But I left my town to go to White Plains to go pickup medication. Where I'm at in this vid... you make a right and it's right there, sooooo close.

Just pulling up to a red light and came to a complete stop behind this dump truck. Yeah, I may have been close to him, but he admitted to the police that he simply didn't see me. And of course I have this showing fault...

Don't turn up the volume, if you do, my voice may make it NSFW!

And listen to my friend right afterward, talking about how there's no damage. WTF?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlkDEHiglZA

https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/66335982/oh-the-pain-the-pain.jpg

High_Plains_Drifter
06-25-2018, 01:21 PM
Two fenders, front fascia including grill, hood, fastners, possible straightening, assorted hardware, paint... I'll say $6,500.00.

jimnyc
06-25-2018, 01:23 PM
So the blue book on the truck is $6,471 - $8,694

But my truck, and I know everyone says this, is great! 104,000 miles when average for a 2004 should be about 210,000 based on 15k per year. Even a low estimate in 12k per year would still be 168k.

Plus, I simply think my truck, other than needing a wash, is in sweet shape for a 2004. I babied that thing, quite a few additions and upgrades, and of course maintenance like a freak.

Now they are liable to say - "well, it'll cost $4k but that's not worth getting fixed, and then give me some shitty cash value instead - and then I'm left with nothing and ripped off for value. :(

jimnyc
06-25-2018, 01:24 PM
Two fenders, front fascia including grill, hood, fastners, possible straightening, assorted hardware... I'll say $6,500.00.

If it's 6,500, she'll be totaled. And who knows, with the size and strength of that thing, is it possible it could have harmed the frame? The entire frame is exposed in the front as the trailer hitch on his back compressed in the entire front and leaves the frame exposed instead of the bumper now.

High_Plains_Drifter
06-25-2018, 01:27 PM
If it's 6,500, she'll be totaled. And who knows, with the size and strength of that thing, is it possible it could have harmed the frame? The entire frame is exposed in the front as the trailer hitch on his back compressed in the entire front and leaves the frame exposed instead of the bumper now.
Does it even have a "full" frame? It's probably a unibody, and if the body is bent, yeah, they might want to total it... that would suck, bro.

jimnyc
06-25-2018, 01:30 PM
Does it even have a "full" frame? It's probably a unibody, and if the body is bent, yeah, they might want to total it... that would suck, bro.

Oh hell, I dunno. I know shit about cars/bodywork and that crap.

I'll go out and take a pic of what I'm seeing. It's possible it's just the bumper? Aren't they steel bumpers behind the crappy exterior bumpers?

jimnyc
06-25-2018, 01:42 PM
Here's a shot so you can see straight down at the bumper, or at least where the body of the bumper used to be.

And my cool Air Jordan's! :thumb:

https://i.imgur.com/Q0AzJWD.jpg

jimnyc
06-25-2018, 01:44 PM
This so you can see where the entire bumper is pushed in and then flared out on BOTH sides - the passenger side looks identical to this damage.

https://i.imgur.com/kpaI4Us.jpg

jimnyc
06-25-2018, 01:46 PM
This is a weird shot, but I guess those who know vehicles will know what they are looking at. Instead of straight down, I'm under the truck and this is straight up at bumper and radiator area.

https://i.imgur.com/S9D1EJh.jpg

jimnyc
06-25-2018, 01:48 PM
Ok, last one, this is level with the hood so that you can see not only how far she was pushed back, but also how high away from it's original position. An awful lot of damage for a car that was about 10-12 feet away!!

https://i.imgur.com/GWqaf2f.jpg

High_Plains_Drifter
06-25-2018, 01:50 PM
This so you can see where the entire bumper is pushed in and then flared out on BOTH sides - the passenger side looks identical to this damage.

https://i.imgur.com/kpaI4Us.jpg
That's the bumper fascia. Maybe you dodged a bullet there and your uni-frame is OK. Still a lot of damage, but it might be bolt on, but they'll still have to paint it all. Big money.

High_Plains_Drifter
06-25-2018, 01:51 PM
This is a weird shot, but I guess those who know vehicles will know what they are looking at. Instead of straight down, I'm under the truck and this is straight up at bumper and radiator area.

https://i.imgur.com/S9D1EJh.jpg
Most radiator supports are just bolt in, they're not part of the frame.

jimnyc
06-25-2018, 01:55 PM
Thanks for all the info, Tom!! I know shit about cars. But if you have a desktop computer in the passenger seat... :)

High_Plains_Drifter
06-25-2018, 02:02 PM
Thanks for all the info, Tom!! I know shit about cars. But if you have a desktop computer in the passenger seat... :)
Newer cars have what's called a "crumple zone," and it's designed to absorb impacts better than an older car with a frame. Problem with that is, it transfers the impact through the whole car. This wasn't a high speed impact but still, it had a lot of energy behind it being it was a huge truck.

I'll be interested to hear what the body shop says.

I just CRINGED watching the vid. I was imagining that happening to my Camaro... :blowup:

I've looked at dash cams a lot of times. That was very cool you have one. There's NO QUESTION who was at fault with that. GOOD idea.

jimnyc
06-25-2018, 02:17 PM
Newer cars have what's called a "crumple zone," and it's designed to absorb impacts better than an older car with a frame. Problem with that is, it transfers the impact through the whole car. This wasn't a high speed impact but still, it had a lot of energy behind it being it was a huge truck.

I'll be interested to hear what the body shop says.

I just CRINGED watching the vid. I was imagining that happening to my Camaro... :blowup:

I've looked at dash cams a lot of times. That was very cool you have one. There's NO QUESTION who was at fault with that. GOOD idea.

Just got that in the truck like a month ago or so, and now I'm glad I did! But he turned out to be an older Italian gent "Alfredo" and was very nice about everything. Once I calmed and no longer wanted to fight, we got to talking and he was just really a nice guy. I feel bad for him, but not that bad. :)

High_Plains_Drifter
06-25-2018, 02:50 PM
Just got that in the truck like a month ago or so, and now I'm glad I did! But he turned out to be an older Italian gent "Alfredo" and was very nice about everything. Once I calmed and no longer wanted to fight, we got to talking and he was just really a nice guy. I feel bad for him, but not that bad. :)
I think I should get one for the Camaro. This incident with your car illustrates just how valuable they can be.

jimnyc
06-25-2018, 03:00 PM
I think I should get one for the Camaro. This incident with your car illustrates just how valuable they can be.

I paid like $25 on Amazon, can't go wrong!!

High_Plains_Drifter
06-25-2018, 03:42 PM
I paid like $25 on Amazon, can't go wrong!!
Wow... no shit... I thought they were more expensive than that. I'm going to take another look.

aboutime
06-25-2018, 08:28 PM
If his insurance totals it. You won't be happy either way. I just wondered why the AIRBAGS didn't deploy? Good thing it wasn't faster, or harder. But airbags should be checked....UNLESS you have them Turned Off.

Good luck. Kelly Blue Book time.

darin
06-26-2018, 04:48 AM
this blows. Do you always record while driving though?

jimnyc
06-26-2018, 07:28 AM
If his insurance totals it. You won't be happy either way. I just wondered why the AIRBAGS didn't deploy? Good thing it wasn't faster, or harder. But airbags should be checked....UNLESS you have them Turned Off.

Good luck. Kelly Blue Book time.

Those airbag computers are smart. They will determine speed and determine if it would do more damage to use them. So in this case - deceleration - there was none - and it likely knew it, so didn't deploy them. Only thing I can come up with!

jimnyc
06-26-2018, 07:29 AM
this blows. Do you always record while driving though?

Should I not be? It'll overwrite itself after time unless something happens - it auto knows it and saves that video. Or, if I do something bad, and think the cops may seize it, I can quickly eat the chip. LOL But honestly, I have really no reason to not have it running all the time, I think?

darin
06-26-2018, 07:44 AM
Should I not be? It'll overwrite itself after time unless something happens - it auto knows it and saves that video. Or, if I do something bad, and think the cops may seize it, I can quickly eat the chip. LOL But honestly, I have really no reason to not have it running all the time, I think?

no no no...i love the idea. It's really neat. That's all. :) It's smart in today's world.

jimnyc
06-26-2018, 08:04 AM
no no no...i love the idea. It's really neat. That's all. :) It's smart in today's world.

Remember you made that time lapse video when you went on a trip? I thought you had one of some sort? That was one of the reasons I always wanted some sort of camera!

But it's for protection these days. That can almost guarantee my innocence if I need it in an accident!

darin
06-26-2018, 08:05 AM
Remember you made that time lapse video when you went on a trip? I thought you had one of some sort? That was one of the reasons I always wanted some sort of camera!

But it's for protection these days. That can almost guarantee my innocence if I need it in an accident!

I had a camera stuck to my passenger's side window :)

High_Plains_Drifter
06-27-2018, 01:10 PM
MAN did I ever just get a SHIT HOT DEAL on Amazon. A $200 DASH CAM for $40 on what they call a "lightening deal"... has AWESOME reviews too... @jimnyc (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=1)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CWQZJNT/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://image.ibb.co/dcfZFT/dashcam2.jpg

Abbey Marie
06-27-2018, 01:38 PM
I had a camera stuck to my passenger's side window :)

Wish I had video of what I call my “Midnight Ride” in my twenties. :cool:

jimnyc
06-27-2018, 01:50 PM
I am now officially ON FOOT and I don't like it!

I brought to my body shop and the guy took the keys from me and laughed, said no way in hell was he letting me drive that thing. He said the hood lock is destroyed and the hood can flip up at any moment and that the radiator and everything else and their supports were pushed back, and confirmed the rest; as in hood, quarter panels, bumper grille, bumper, lighting he said is "off kilter" and my side mirror needs to be replaced on passenger side :thumb:

At any rate, and a mile walk home later, purposely for the exercise, here I sit without wheels.

His insurance danced around me yesterday. Then today, the woman tells me DO NOTHING until I call you back, gimme 10-15. I say ok. 3 hours later I call her back and am like WTF? She said, ok, go get an estimate BUT DO NOT RENT A CAR or anything else just yet. Ok, so hence the body shop and walk home, but then what?

Well, THAT WASN'T EVEN HIS INSURANCE COMPANY!!! It was his broker. WHO THE HELL are they to tell me NOT to go forward and do things? I threatened a lawsuit and he gave me his DIRECT info, and he now has Liberty Mutual suddenly, and now I called and I have a claim started and a claim number to go forward.

So I call that other insurance company, and I'm like - WHY and WHO ARE YOU to have delayed me for 36 hours, telling me NOT to do anything, when this guy told me THIS was his insurance info and represented them as such, and they ARE an insurance company, but also brokers. She says "well it sounds like you are in contact now with LMutual, is that correct? I said yes, but WHY... click and she hung up on me.

Now I'm pissed. This place is getting my truck fixed. She'll call back within 24 and I'll be getting a car rental she said. Since through them, no deductible.

When all said and done? I'm asking on the claim now and WILL sue this owner for - diminished value since it will lose much value after repair. I WOULD have been more than cool with rental in mean time and just fix the dang thing. Now I WANT to sue and do and get whatever I can. Too bad I'm TOO honest to claim injury or anything like that - what I mean is holding them to every damn penny - and will sue him personally if they don't do the right thing. I have video, he doesn't have much to lean back on.

High_Plains_Drifter
06-27-2018, 01:55 PM
I am now officially ON FOOT and I don't like it!

I brought to my body shop and the guy took the keys from me and laughed, said no way in hell was he letting me drive that thing. He said the hood lock is destroyed and the hood can flip up at any moment and that the radiator and everything else and their supports were pushed back, and confirmed the rest; as in hood, quarter panels, bumper grille, bumper, lighting he said is "off kilter" and my side mirror needs to be replaced on passenger side :thumb:

At any rate, and a mile walk home later, purposely for the exercise, here I sit without wheels.

His insurance danced around me yesterday. Then today, the woman tells me DO NOTHING until I call you back, gimme 10-15. I say ok. 3 hours later I call her back and am like WTF? She said, ok, go get an estimate BUT DO NOT RENT A CAR or anything else just yet. Ok, so hence the body shop and walk home, but then what?

Well, THAT WASN'T EVEN HIS INSURANCE COMPANY!!! It was his broker. WHO THE HELL are they to tell me NOT to go forward and do things? I threatened a lawsuit and he gave me his DIRECT info, and he now has Liberty Mutual suddenly, and now I called and I have a claim started and a claim number to go forward.

So I call that other insurance company, and I'm like - WHY and WHO ARE YOU to have delayed me for 36 hours, telling me NOT to do anything, when this guy told me THIS was his insurance info and represented them as such, and they ARE an insurance company, but also brokers. She says "well it sounds like you are in contact now with LMutual, is that correct? I said yes, but WHY... click and she hung up on me.

Now I'm pissed. This place is getting my truck fixed. She'll call back within 24 and I'll be getting a car rental she said. Since through them, no deductible.

When all said and done? I'm asking on the claim now and WILL sue this owner for - diminished value since it will lose much value after repair. I WOULD have been more than cool with rental in mean time and just fix the dang thing. Now I WANT to sue and do and get whatever I can. Too bad I'm TOO honest to claim injury or anything like that - what I mean is holding them to every damn penny - and will sue him personally if they don't do the right thing. I have video, he doesn't have much to lean back on.
Maaaaan... yeah I'll tell ya... insurance companies are CUT THROATS, and their ultimate goal is to NOT give a CENT to ANYONE. You have to play hard ball with these shysters, Jim, or they'll try and walk all over ya.

Been there, done that.

jimnyc
06-27-2018, 01:55 PM
MAN did I ever just get a SHIT HOT DEAL on Amazon. A $200 DASH CAM for $40 on what they call a "lightening deal"... has AWESOME reviews too...

Sweet price, and just how I got mine on there! I think yours looks nicer though, but specs are similar.

Abbey Marie
06-27-2018, 01:57 PM
Jim, you need this:

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=11521&stc=1

And think of all the energy Nikoh will burn. Win/win.

Seriously, though, that stinks. You cannot trust people for anything anymore.

High_Plains_Drifter
06-27-2018, 01:58 PM
Sweet price, and just how I got mine on there! I think yours looks nicer though, but specs are similar.
I hope it's not some shitty knock off... better not be. It's being portrayed as the same one that was just $200 a few days ago when I looked.

High_Plains_Drifter
06-27-2018, 02:00 PM
Jim, you need this:

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=11521&stc=1

.............................................. http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/laughing/free-laughing-smiley-emoticon.gif (http://www.sherv.net/)

NightTrain
06-27-2018, 03:49 PM
Don't let them screw you around, Jim.

At the first inkling of runaround, just tell him/her that you don't have time for this and that your attorney will be in touch. That's the magic phrase and suddenly they'll falling all over themselves to make it right.

The insurance people you're dealing with right now are specifically hired to spend the absolute least amount of money possible, which means screwing you over if they think they can get away with it.

The last thing they want is to litigate this, especially when you have HD footage of it.

As soon as you indicate you're ready to let a lawyer handle things, they stop fucking you around and try to placate you.

A lawyer friend told me once that it costs a big company $10k just to have lawyers look at a case. It's cheaper to settle in any range below that.

High_Plains_Drifter
06-27-2018, 03:52 PM

At the first inkling of runaround, just tell him/her that you don't have time for this and that your attorney will be in touch. That's the magic phrase and suddenly they'll falling all over themselves to make it right.

The insurance people you're dealing with right now are specifically hired to spend the absolute least amount of money possible, which means screwing you over if they think they can get away with it.

The last thing they want is to litigate this, especially when you have HD footage of it.

As soon as you indicate you're ready to let a lawyer handle things, they stop fucking you around and try to placate you.

A lawyer friend told me once that it costs a big company $10k just to have lawyers look at a case. It's cheaper to settle in any range below that.
100% spot on............ ^^^

jimnyc
06-27-2018, 03:56 PM

Yup, threatened the asshole who hit me, who instantly forked over policy info and what not - since he WAS jerking me around. Same with insurance, I mentioned I had the video, sent it to them, and mentioned court if this didn't happen fast....

I got his less than an hour ago:

Thank you - we are paying the claim
I spoke w my insured- just waiting on the estimate. Do you need the rental now?

And now waiting on them to tell me how THEY are getting me this rental.... And I made her aware that once completed, I'll get another estimate/appraisal, and I want diminished value. If they DON'T pay, then I'll take this rich bastard to small claims for the value. Judges like nice little videos too.

Funny though, me with the WHAT THE F*** when it happened, the insurance said they heard it all, but said they enjoyed watching my video! LOL

High_Plains_Drifter
06-27-2018, 04:02 PM
Yup, threatened the asshole who hit me, who instantly forked over policy info and what not - since he WAS jerking me around. Same with insurance, I mentioned I had the video, sent it to them, and mentioned court if this didn't happen fast....

I got his less than an hour ago:

And now waiting on them to tell me how THEY are getting me this rental.... And I made her aware that once completed, I'll get another estimate/appraisal, and I want diminished value. If they DON'T pay, then I'll take this rich bastard to small claims for the value. Judges like nice little videos too.

Funny though, me with the WHAT THE F*** when it happened, the insurance said they heard it all, but said they enjoyed watching my video! LOL
You got them by the short hairs, brother, and they know it. Just think if you HADN'T had your dashcam... they'd probably still be jerking you around.

Your video is why I finally ordered my dashcam. I don't need any prejudgement if something like that happens to my Camaro... "oh he has a hotrod, he was speeding, he was this, he was that..." aaaahh... no, I wasn't, and I have video PROOF.

jimnyc
06-27-2018, 04:15 PM
You got them by the short hairs, brother, and they know it. Just think if you HADN'T had your dashcam... they'd probably still be jerking you around.

Your video is why I finally ordered my dashcam. I don't need any prejudgement if something like that happens to my Camaro... "oh he has a hotrod, he was speeding, he was this, he was that..." aaaahh... no, I wasn't, and I have video PROOF.

Yup, and still, before I dropped at shop - EVERYONE that saw said "what did YOU hit" - not WHO hit you. So appearances are everything, but video is gold!

jimnyc
06-28-2018, 09:22 AM
The weirdest thing just happened to me, and it's a good thing!

So I got up, and said "I need a car, I'm just going to get one today and let them reimburse. I was looking up numbers and wrote down them for the 2 closest Enterprise rental agencies. I picked up my phone - and it started ringing before I could dial. I answered and they asked for James, I said this is.

Hi, this is Enterprise rental in Mamaroneck. WTF? I was just looking up your numbers! They approved the rental and called and set everything up, and as I was on the phone with Enterprise, Liberty called me to tell me, and left me a message telling me I could go to any agency to pick it up of Enterprise. I guess the closest saw it and called me up proactively.

Believe it or not they offered me a Jaguar!! I seriously turned it down, I just know something would happen, plus, they are lower to the ground. I took a Sante Fe small SUV even though I said I wouldn't take a Hyundai, but this is a small truck. It's nice inside and big enough to get in and out. Has bluetooth voice, disc player, USB for stereo and all the extras. Only thing I will miss is my tinted windows. They are paying for the duration until my truck is handed back to me.

Yay, finally some good news!

And truth? The woman said that while my story and their insured story was the same, which makes it so much easier, the dash cam placed the "responsibility" of liability 100% on him when they saw it and that put it over the edge and "approved".

Get one folks!!

NightTrain
06-28-2018, 10:43 AM
I can't believe you turned down a Jag.

Wtf man! Free rental, fully covered!

:slap:

jimnyc
06-28-2018, 10:48 AM
I can't believe you turned down a Jag.

Wtf man! Free rental, fully covered!

:slap:

Not fully.... They wanted higher insurance on that one that apparently I would have paid out of pocket, an extra $12 per day in addition. I likely could have pushed and had Liberty cover that too, but wanted to be fair about this as I know Karma LOVES me already and has me on speed dial!!

They had an expedition which I really wanted, but as the guy grabbed the keys, the woman in back said it was reserved already. So it was premium cars, all lower to the ground, or SUV's, of which was the expedition, a few Ford Explorers which were all out & a few Santa Fe's. That, or cruise on my own dime to another Enterprise. And with no wheels yet, the choice was easy! LOL My ass wasn't walking 5 miles, and I was already there....

I know, I know, an extra 2-300, even if out of pocket, would have been cool to have a Jag! But damn, those suckers are very low to the ground too. And my ass? I'd be out on the highway within 5 minutes to "see what she can do..." :)

NightTrain
06-28-2018, 01:52 PM
I'm bombing around Barrow in an Expedition... it's a pretty nice rig.

Black Diamond
06-28-2018, 02:48 PM
What year? Regular or EL?

darin
06-29-2018, 03:02 AM
I had an expy a few years ago :)

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3884/14695019698_de647c0f3d_o.jpg

jimnyc
06-29-2018, 11:06 AM
So when I called this guy on the 27th, it was to get his insurance company and policy #. His response was "I ain't got time for this shit, it happens all the time, go through your own damn insurance company or get the damn insurance info off the police report".

It's a good thing I explained the lawsuit and some threats and got a headstart with the old name, and I figured the rest on my own.

I got the police report finally, for a dang $10 download. It SUCKS. It's got our names, addresses & drivers license info. Then a version of events, in which he at least writes that even the driver of the truck admitted guilt and the same story as mine.

But there is NO insurance info anywhere at all on this report, not even a place for them to have put it! Next time, which I hope there never is, I am taking photos of those documents on the spot, which I should have done.

So I gave the report to the woman handling the claim and that much more that can help speed up the process. My truck is sitting there right now damaged, waiting for the insurance and the garage to get on the same page and make a determination. Who knows how long.

High_Plains_Drifter
06-29-2018, 01:34 PM
Holy CRAPOOLA Batman... the dang TIP of Alaska.

High_Plains_Drifter
06-29-2018, 01:51 PM
Well, it just came in the mail. Looks very cool. Guess I'll read the book and get it fired up, set it up and see how it works...

https://image.ibb.co/mhjvRd/20180629_134112.jpg

https://image.ibb.co/iqR9md/20180629_134138.jpg

https://image.ibb.co/bTiBzy/20180629_134206.jpg

Black Diamond
06-29-2018, 01:58 PM
Holy CRAPOOLA Batman... the dang TIP of Alaska.
Probably where many northerners want to be right now.

High_Plains_Drifter
06-29-2018, 09:11 PM
Probably where many northerners want to be right now.
Yeah it felt like a BLAST FURNACE here today, and going to be just as bad if not worse tomorrow. 94 degrees with a 73 degree dew point means it's extremely humid, so we have a heat index of feels like 108. Just stifling.

We have severe thunder storm warning for tomorrow night, Sunday morning.

High_Plains_Drifter
07-01-2018, 11:19 AM
Well wouldn't ya know... the dashcam is a POS... yeah... lightening buy my ass, no wonder. I just got a brand new Sandisk Ultra 128G SD card, installed it, powered it up and the fuckers says "NO CARD INSTALLED." OK... did I put it in upside down? No, it'll only go in one way. Took it out, check the card on my computer and it's fine. Put it back in the cam, tried to set it up and it went through the menu at a snails pace, and at the end said once again, "NO CARD INSTALLED." So fuck this, BACK IT GOES... rotten chinese PIECE OF CRAP. The instructions are also printed so fine that I had to use a MAGNIFYING GLASS to READ the damn thing. I'm surprised they sell crap like this. The 5 star rating it got was either for a different camera and this one is a knock off or something, but that rating is going to get it's first ONE star review.

High_Plains_Drifter
07-01-2018, 11:23 AM
YA... NOW LOOK AT THIS... UNREAL... these LOW LIFE SONS A BITCHES... I bet others that took advantage of this "LIGHTENING DEAL" are all wanting to leave ONE STAR RATINGS TOO, so they're NOT LETTING ANYONE ELSE LEAVE A RATING... SON OF A BITCH... maaaaaaaaaan.... these's FILTHY rotten CROOKED bastards... Amazon is getting as bad as EBAY!

https://image.ibb.co/f6Lr2J/pos.jpg

High_Plains_Drifter
07-02-2018, 04:54 PM
Since I firmly believe Amazon is not above being a bunch of shysters and pulled a fast one on me for that POS, no name dashcam above, even though I returned that one I got it set in my head that I should have one now. I honestly think it would be a good idea. So I did a little internet search of the top ten dashcams for 2018, did some reading and comparing and settled on this one...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072LYW3KM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

$100 more than I previously paid but this one is name brand and comes highly rated by experts.

Funny how you can put "dashcams" into the search window on Amazon and all that will come up is all their little POS chinese crap cameras, even if you click on 4+ stars ratings. In order to find the GOOD stuff on Amazon, you have to enter it BY NAME, specifically... isn't that weird. They have it, but they don't like to show it in a search for that type product.