PDA

View Full Version : African dust forecast to move into South Texas

Gunny
07-01-2018, 12:39 PM
https://www.ksat.com/weather/july-will-get-off-to-dusty-start

Yay for us! Not good enough it's been over 100 for a few days and forecast to be over 100 for the next few. We get THIS crap too. And wouldn't you know, His Pointlessness the SIL was in the ER with respiratory distress last night. I thought I was supposed to be the old guy. Freakin' lightweight ass runt :rolleyes:

High_Plains_Drifter
07-01-2018, 12:43 PM

Yay for us! Not good enough it's been over 100 for a few days and forecast to be over 100 for the next few. We get THIS crap too. And wouldn't you know, His Pointlessness the SIL was in the ER with respiratory distress last night. I thought I was supposed to be the old guy. Freakin' lightweight ass runt :rolleyes:
So... tell me again how great TX is... :slap: ... ;)

Gunny
07-01-2018, 01:49 PM
So... tell me again how great TX is... :slap: ... ;)Just another summer day in S Texas to me. I like things about almost every place I ever lived. And there are things I don't like. Summer here is to be survived. Same as winter up north.

This red dust shit is just more illegal shit crossing our border :laugh:

High_Plains_Drifter
07-01-2018, 03:04 PM
Just another summer day in S Texas to me. I like things about almost every place I ever lived. And there are things I don't like. Summer here is to be survived. Same as winter up north.

This red dust shit is just more illegal shit crossing our border :laugh:
You'll be moving up nort' here soon "aye," you'll get tired a dat crap down nare'... ;)

Course you'll half ta' learn how to speak "cheese head"... :laugh:

Gunny
07-01-2018, 06:41 PM
You'll be moving up nort' here soon "aye," you'll get tired a dat crap down nare'... ;)

Course you'll half ta' learn how to speak "cheese head"... :laugh:No thanks. Lived in IL for a couple of years and Spring and beginning of Summer in Cleveland. I'll pass. People are too weird there. Complete culture clash.

Kathianne
07-01-2018, 07:31 PM
No thanks. Lived in IL for a couple of years and Spring and beginning of Summer in Cleveland. I'll pass. People are too weird there. Complete culture clash.

I have to say the same, in reverse. I spent quite a bit of time in FL and LA, I found that just waiting for people to finish their sentences drove me to distraction. LOL! You know, having spoken on the phone. I've no doubt that my rushing would be just as irritating in reverse!

aboutime
07-01-2018, 07:32 PM
I've been to several countries in Africa....Nobody "Dusts" there. They ran out of brooms, and vacuum cleaners when the power went out. Leaving Only HEAT from the continent to travel across the Atlantic in the Tropical Storm Winds. NO DUST INCLUDED.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

High_Plains_Drifter
07-01-2018, 07:39 PM
No thanks. Lived in IL for a couple of years and Spring and beginning of Summer in Cleveland. I'll pass. People are too weird there. Complete culture clash.
Night and day difference between FIBS and Wisconsinites, man.

Gunny
07-01-2018, 07:40 PM
I've been to several countries in Africa....Nobody "Dusts" there. They ran out of brooms, and vacuum cleaners when the power went out. Leaving Only HEAT from the continent to travel across the Atlantic in the Tropical Storm Winds. NO DUST INCLUDED.:laugh::laugh::laugh:
Just got to look at the link. They show the route and it's the usual hurricane route.

I don't recall any red dust in Africa either :)

Gunny
07-01-2018, 07:44 PM
I have to say the same, in reverse. I spent quite a bit of time in FL and LA, I found that just waiting for people to finish their sentences drove me to distraction. LOL! You know, having spoken on the phone. I've no doubt that my rushing would be just as irritating in reverse!Y'all rush around too much and talk too fast :)

I talk completely normal :halo9:

Kathianne
07-01-2018, 08:28 PM
Y'all rush around too much and talk too fast :)

I talk completely normal :halo9:

AZ folks seem 'just right.' LOL! I do talk and move too fast, though the heat certainly slows down the movement. The South, it's all tooooo sloooowwww. Of course, the 'fast' and 'slow' is totally in the eyes of the beholder. ;)

SassyLady
07-02-2018, 01:08 AM

Quit your whining and come to AZ if you want heat and dust. Our monsoon season is way late this year. National Forest Service might close down campgrounds. Already no campfires and if smoker must smoke in vehicle. And the 4th is coming up and some dumbass will probably set the world on fire with fireworks.

This year has been a constant 15+ mph wind in our area. Can't sit outside by the pool because the umbrella keeps blowing over.