PDA

View Full Version : Why you NEED an AR15 - if you blame the weapon, you should praise it too

darin
07-03-2018, 04:01 AM
AR15-wiedling man kills monster gator, saving teen girl.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/07/02/florida-deputy-fatally-shoots-alligator-who-chased-teen-girl-up-tree.html

A Florida deputy was able to rescue a teenage girl who had been cornered in a tree by a large alligator by shooting it with an AR-15 rifle.

Jordan Broderick, 15, was stuck in a tree in Lake County for nearly an hour on Friday afternoon because a 10-foot alligator sat on the ground below, hissing at her, the Sun-Sentinel reported, citing a sheriff's office report.

"My daughter's stuck in a frickin' tree and there's gators surrounding her!" Broderick's mother reportedly told a 911 dispatcher. "Oh my God! Please hurry! Please hurry!"

Deputy Mitch Blackmon responded to the scene, where he found the teen — who had been swimming in a creek in Ocala National Forest — yelling that she was tired from hanging onto a tree branch for so long.

Blackmon wrote in his report that his "presence failed to scare the alligator away, and it began encroaching on my area at which time I fired one single 223 round from my Bushmaster AR15 killing the alligator."

The alligator reportedly sank into the water and didn't resurface. Authorities said a county marine biologist confirmed the alligator was dead.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
07-03-2018, 07:34 AM
AR15-wiedling man kills monster gator, saving teen girl.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/07/02/florida-deputy-fatally-shoots-alligator-who-chased-teen-girl-up-tree.html

Good for the deputy!
What are the odds that some snowflake, liberal moron there, starts a rucus about the gator being killed?
Damn wish I'd been there and shot that gator with my 308, or my 303, just to see what kind of damage either of those rounds would do on a gator.--:laugh::laugh:--Tyr

Gunny
07-03-2018, 08:59 AM
Should have called wildlife control. This may come as a shock and surprise, but gators can't climb trees :rolleyes:

SassyLady
07-03-2018, 03:14 PM
Should have called wildlife control. This may come as a shock and surprise, but gators can't climb trees :rolleyes:

It wasn't about the gator climbing the tree. Young girl couldn't hang on any longer. Gator wouldnt leave.

Gunny
07-03-2018, 04:07 PM
It wasn't about the gator climbing the tree. Young girl couldn't hang on any longer. Gator wouldnt leave.I'm aware. Trees in S FL are where you are taught to go when a gator gets aggressive. Because gators can't climb trees.

You can however sit in one for hours. Got treed by a wild boar in the Glades once. Had to wait it out :)