PDA

View Full Version : My new truck

jimnyc
07-07-2018, 05:12 PM
Ok, only one picture, sitting in the bay after prep was done and ready for delivery. Of course that was after I signed my life away for this truck. And signed for some nitro crap in my tires for 3 years. And also a tire/wheel hazard warranty for the life & then also an 8 year 100,000 mile extended warranty. Yikes. :thumb:

All good and I was too busy playing with everything and cruising around to take pictures. I am absolutely loving her!! I guess that silver lining... The "total loss department" of Liberty Mutual called me at like 5:10 last evening and I missed the call, so must wait til Monday to hear back again. Everything will be quick - but I just know know know know that they are going to lowball me and I have no choice but to say "Thank you sir may I please have another". :(

https://i.imgur.com/WJNAi7Yh.jpg

jimnyc
07-10-2018, 12:14 PM
Wow, surprisingly they made me a happy camper! I thought for sure I was getting robbed.

They offered me to keep the vehicle AND get a check for $6100.

They also offered a settlement where they keep the car and I get a check for $8,300 and change.

Being I am thrilled with my new truck, I am opting for door #2. They sent me a UPS overnight thingy, which I sent in yesterday. They in turn, once they confirm receiving the title, will issue a check that day and overnight it back to me in return. So what I said she was worth, but more importantly, like 3-4k more than I thought they would go for!

I had to buy new sunglasses because the old were left in the rental car, in which the company of course never saw them. :rolleyes:

They were Maui Jim's, so I grabbed another pair this morning.

And now I made an appt. to get the windows tinted. Apparently in NY you can get the top 6 inches of the windshield as dark as you please, which I will, but it can't be reflective. The driver and passenger door must allow 70% of light through. The rest back can be as dark as I please. I did all that with my former truck, 'cept the windshield, which I may opt for this time.

High_Plains_Drifter
07-10-2018, 01:12 PM
Wow, surprisingly they made me a happy camper! I thought for sure I was getting robbed.

They offered me to keep the vehicle AND get a check for $6100.

They also offered a settlement where they keep the car and I get a check for $8,300 and change.

Being I am thrilled with my new truck, I am opting for door #2. They sent me a UPS overnight thingy, which I sent in yesterday. They in turn, once they confirm receiving the title, will issue a check that day and overnight it back to me in return. So what I said she was worth, but more importantly, like 3-4k more than I thought they would go for!

I had to buy new sunglasses because the old were left in the rental car, in which the company of course never saw them. :rolleyes:

They were Maui Jim's, so I grabbed another pair this morning.

And now I made an appt. to get the windows tinted. Apparently in NY you can get the top 6 inches of the windshield as dark as you please, which I will, but it can't be reflective. The driver and passenger door must allow 70% of light through. The rest back can be as dark as I please. I did all that with my former truck, 'cept the windshield, which I may opt for this time.
It's good to hear a story where the "little guy" WINS once and awhile... :beer:

And thank God for your DASHCAM! I have my new one and it's AWESOME. Works perfect!

darin
07-10-2018, 02:38 PM
that's great Jim!! Congrats! Great looking rig

Abbey Marie
07-10-2018, 05:22 PM
Congrats Jim!

(and I like Maui Jim’s).

High_Plains_Drifter
07-14-2018, 06:43 PM
I picked up a set of used OEM fender flares for my ole GMC. They looked pretty shoddy but after a little TLC and some new paint, I was very happy to get them on my truck. Had been wanting some for a long time but couldn't bring myself to pop for the price, they're God awful expensive new. Slapped on a new Lund, roll-up Tonneau cover too, same thing that was on the black truck. Yep, my MONEY PIT... ;)

https://image.ibb.co/cMDCMo/20180714_171806.jpg