PDA

View Full Version : President Trump visits the UK

Drummond
07-12-2018, 09:28 AM
This is a thread 'in the making'. I'll be viewing the news stories about President Trump's visit with some interest !

I hope very much that he has a good visit, enjoying his time here. As to whether our Left-nutters are contained enough so as to not impinge on it ... we shall see.

For now ... one pic of Air Force One, landing at Stansted Airport (in Essex, to the east of London). He was then ferried to London by helicopter.

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=11547&stc=1

Drummond
07-12-2018, 09:46 AM
Already (!), things are warming up a bit. Nick Clegg is the former leader of the Liberal Democrat Party in the UK. He tweeted this a short time ago:

Right, I'm going on the anti-Trump demo. I had no intention to but his crazed attacks on the EU, NATO, and WTO have changed things. Plus his best UK pals are Nigel Farage, Boris Johnson and Piers Morgan. He dislikes everything I believe in and believes in everyone I dislike!

High_Plains_Drifter
07-12-2018, 10:18 AM
Londonistan's muslim mayor has already shown his disdain for our president by allowing the protesters and their mockery balloon.

I'd have told him and London to go pound sand.

No offense, Drummond. I know there are actually good people left in London, but you've all been SILENCED... by LAW.

Drummond
07-12-2018, 06:21 PM
Londonistan's muslim mayor has already shown his disdain for our president by allowing the protesters and their mockery balloon.

No offense, Drummond. I know there are actually good people left in London, but you've all been SILENCED... by LAW.

Oh, we can speak. We're not silenced. Just so long as we accept the consequences for speaking out ....

That balloon will be making its offensive appearance quite soon.

In the meantime .. Trump was welcomed at Blenheim Palace this evening, and I'm honestly impressed by the effort we put in to make it a 'fitting' occasion for him. It was done as though it was actually a State visit, even though we're told it's less than that.

On the downside ... and I'll be amazed if these don't become major news items ... several major protests have been organised against his visit, and what he represents to them. Less than a mile away from Blenheim Palace, the BBC reported that between 1,000 and 2,000 protesters had amassed. The BBC saw to it that a selection of them were interviewed.

The journalist covering the event also commented for himself, saying that it's known that Trump checks news feeds in the countries he visits, and he further speculated that if the President was still acclimatised to American time, he may well check the BBC's reports out early this coming morning.

I'm assuming that Trump was meant to take the hint, and do just that.

So, I've checked BBC News's schedule to see if there was anything behind such 'herding' of interest in the BBC's news output. And, sure enough ....

... timed for transmission at 3.30am this coming morning, the BBC is airing a 'Panorama' programme .. its title is ....

'TRUMP: IS THE PRESIDENT A SEX PEST ?'

This 'is', of course, the Leftie BBC 'at its finest' ......

Drummond
07-12-2018, 06:35 PM
Oh, we can speak. We're not silenced. Just so long as we accept the consequences for speaking out ....

That balloon will be making its offensive appearance quite soon.

In the meantime .. Trump was welcomed at Blenheim Palace this evening, and I'm honestly impressed by the effort we put in to make it a 'fitting' occasion for him. It was done as though it was actually a State visit, even though we're told it's less than that.

On the downside ... and I'll be amazed if these don't become major news items ... several major protests have been organised against his visit, and what he represents to them. Less than a mile away from Blenheim Palace, the BBC reported that between 1,000 and 2,000 protesters had amassed. The BBC saw to it that a selection of them were interviewed.

The journalist covering the event also commented for himself, saying that it's known that Trump checks news feeds in the countries he visits, and he further speculated that if the President was still acclimatised to American time, he may well check the BBC's reports out early this coming morning.

I'm assuming that Trump was meant to take the hint, and do just that.

So, I've checked BBC News's schedule to see if there was anything behind such 'herding' of interest in the BBC's news output. And, sure enough ....

... timed for transmission at 3.30am this coming morning, the BBC is airing a 'Panorama' programme .. its title is ....

'TRUMP: IS THE PRESIDENT A SEX PEST ?'

This 'is', of course, the Leftie BBC 'at its finest' ......

I've got the synopsis for the BBC's muckraking 'Panorama' programme, as follows:

Current affairs programme featuring interviews and investigative reports. Donald Trump has been accused of sexually inappropriate behaviour by more than 20 women, but he has dismissed them all as liars. Now one of those women is suing him for defamation. An American court will have to decide what really happened and whether the President of the United States is a sexual predator. So what is the truth about Donald Trump's behaviour towards women? In the week of his visit to Britain, reporter Richard Bilton investigates new allegations about Mr Trump and meets the women who say the president is a sex pest.

This is the propaganda being fed to us, done at the very same time we're meant to be 'welcoming' him to our shores ... this, from the UK's State broadcaster ....

Gunny
07-12-2018, 06:40 PM
I've got the synopsis for the BBC's muckraking 'Panorama' programme, as follows:

This is the propaganda being fed to us, done at the very same time we're meant to be 'welcoming' him to our shores ... this, from the UK's State broadcaster ....

I check the BBC every so often and I meant to mention this before: That story is all but dead here and has been. It's a joke and everyone knows it to include, for once, the left. They've moved on for now. Perhaps they'll come back to it when they get desperate for more BS again.

Drummond
07-12-2018, 06:57 PM
I check the BBC every so often and I meant to mention this before: That story is all but dead here and has been. It's a joke and everyone knows it to include, for once, the left. They've moved on for now. Perhaps they'll come back to it when they get desperate for more BS again.

Well .. if that's so, what does it say for the BBC that they're feeding us more about this 'news', and NOW ? But you see the problem. Those in a position to arrange it, do their damndest to poison attitudes against your President to the maximum extent they can.

Drummond
07-12-2018, 07:16 PM
Some negative news emanating from the BBC. Compare these reports ...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-44815359

Theresa May has welcomed Donald Trump to the UK with a lavish black-tie dinner - during which she made a case for a new trade deal with the US.

The US president and the first lady were given a red carpet reception at Blenheim Palace, Oxfordshire.

It is Mr Trump's first visit to the UK since he won the 2016 election.

Protesters gathered outside the US ambassador's residence in London, where the Trumps are staying tonight, and near Blenheim Palace.

Police estimated there were about 1,000 people demonstrating near the palace, the birthplace of wartime Prime Minister Winston Churchill.

Then, there's this ...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-44815558

Donald Trump has said the UK will "probably not" get a trade deal with the US, if the prime minister's Brexit plan goes ahead.

He told The Sun the PM's plan would "probably kill the deal" as it would mean the US "would be dealing with the European Union" instead of with the UK.

Theresa May has been making the case for a US free trade deal with Mr Trump, on his first UK visit as president.

She said Brexit was an "opportunity" to create growth in the UK and US.

Mr Trump also said that former foreign secretary Boris Johnson would make a "great prime minister", adding "I think he's got what it takes".

In his interview, he renewed his criticism of London Mayor Sadiq Khan over last year's terror attacks in the capital, saying he had done "a terrible job".

The president and his wife were given a red carpet reception at Blenheim Palace, Oxfordshire on Thursday evening.

The point about the Brexit deal Mrs May has come up with is that it still maintains a pro-EU trading link. Trump understandably wouldn't be happy about that. He, along with many pro-Brexiters, thought our break from the EU would be far more complete.

My belief is that this'll develop into an equivalent of the Obama story of a couple of years ago, where Obama said that if Brexit happened, UK deals with the US would be put 'to the back of the queue' for access to US markets.

We'll see.

P.S .... by the way, our media has done much to deride Boris Johnson. Trump's praise of him is bound to play negatively in some quarters ....

jimnyc
07-12-2018, 07:20 PM

I feel similarly. I get pissed about muslim issues over there, and then the latest crap with Tommy Robinson. That's nuts how he was jailed, and how the reporting on things have been shut down.

Drummond is cool as hell, and I just simply know that he is not representative of the government there. And in the opposite direction, I would hope that he knows many of us stood apart from Obama and his policies, and we speak for ourselves here as well. Different but similar. :)

Gunny
07-12-2018, 07:23 PM
Well .. if that's so, what does it say for the BBC that they're feeding us more about this 'news', and NOW ? But you see the problem. Those in a position to arrange it, do their damndest to poison attitudes against your President to the maximum extent they can.I find it kind of humorous, myself. That is the best they can do? Beat a dead horse that hasn't even been in any relevant news in weeks or over a month that I can recall when they certainly have a legitimate gripe about his foreign trade policies.

When people used to dream up all this off the wall stuff about Obama it would get on my nerves. There was enough factual, provable stuff to hang the guy and it seemed all anyone wanted to do was latch onto rumors and run with them. I would feel the same in this case about Trump. There's certainly enough to criticize without going after the wil-o-wisps.

Gunny
07-12-2018, 08:01 PM
I feel similarly. I get pissed about muslim issues over there, and then the latest crap with Tommy Robinson. That's nuts how he was jailed, and how the reporting on things have been shut down.

Drummond is cool as hell, and I just simply know that he is not representative of the government there. And in the opposite direction, I would hope that he knows many of us stood apart from Obama and his policies, and we speak for ourselves here as well. Different but similar. :)If I understand correctly, drummond lives in Wales. If so, he's not in the middle of that crap at least.

I'm surprised he hasn't illegally entered the US. Not like it's hard :laugh:

Drummond
07-12-2018, 08:24 PM

Drummond is cool as hell, and I just simply know that he is not representative of the government there. And in the opposite direction, I would hope that he knows many of us stood apart from Obama and his policies, and we speak for ourselves here as well. Different but similar. :)

Many thanks for your commenting on me ... I appreciate it, Jim !

Of course, I understand the opposition Obama got, and why. But this is one reason why my being here is invaluable. If I had only British broadcasters to rely on in terms of what THEY insisted was true, my outlook (as is true for so many, here) would be a warped one.

Perspectives differ - our media insists that's true. You mention Tommy Robinson. Our media label him as a far-Right racist and rabble-rousing thug. In this climate, not only can he be arrested, but many are content to see him jailed.

In the meantime, a PC climate makes it far easier for terrorist cells to lie low until they choose to attack, kill, maim ....

Piers Morgan has done his bit to demonise Robinson ...

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/06/20/stirring-hatred-piers-morgan-rows-edl-leader-tommy-robinson/

Piers Morgan has accused Tommy Robinson, the former English Defence League leader, of "sounding like a bigoted lunatic".

He was interviewing Robinson on Good Morning Britain on Tuesday morning in the wake of the of the Finsbury Park attack.

As Robinson held up a copy of the Koran, Morgan told him: “Show some damn respect for people’s religious beliefs.

“You’re sounding like a complete lunatic. You’re sounding like a bigoted lunatic. You’re stirring up hatred.”

Back to the Trump issue, though. Hopefully, this link will offer a workable soundtrack. If this does play in the US ... you'll hear a broadcaster, James O'Brien, who works for the London radio station LBC, speak over Trump's live comments, when he was speaking at the end of EU talks, trying to debunk everything he 'can' that Trump says.

I offer it as an illustration of the onslaught of bias forever at work in our media (it's an especially transparent example of it). O'Brien hates Trump with a passion, and would be delighted if he could make everyone else feel the same .....

https://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenters/james-obrien/james-obrien-commentates-on-donald-trumps-q-and-a/

Somebody please let me know if this DOES play in America ....

Gunny
07-12-2018, 08:37 PM
Many thanks for your commenting on me ... I appreciate it, Jim !

Of course, I understand the opposition Obama got, and why. But this is one reason why my being here is invaluable. If I had only British broadcasters to rely on in terms of what THEY insisted was true, my outlook (as is true for so many, here) would be a warped one.

Perspectives differ - our media insists that's true. You mention Tommy Robinson. Our media label him as a far-Right racist and rabble-rousing thug. In this climate, not only can he be arrested, but many are content to see him jailed.

In the meantime, a PC climate makes it far easier for terrorist cells to lie low until they choose to attack, kill, maim ....

Piers Morgan has done his bit to demonise Robinson ...

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/06/20/stirring-hatred-piers-morgan-rows-edl-leader-tommy-robinson/

Back to the Trump issue, though. Hopefully, this link will offer a workable soundtrack. If this does play in the US ... you'll hear a broadcaster, James O'Brien, who works for the London radio station LBC, speak over Trump's live comments, when he was speaking at the end of EU talks, trying to debunk everything he 'can' that Trump says.

I offer it as an illustration of the onslaught of bias forever at work in our media (it's an especially transparent example of it). O'Brien hates Trump with a passion, and would be delighted if he could make everyone else feel the same .....

https://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenters/james-obrien/james-obrien-commentates-on-donald-trumps-q-and-a/

Somebody please let me know if this DOES play in America ....Have you heard Don Lemon (CNN)? Or Whoopi Goldberg (the View)? Or Rachel Madcow (Maddow- MSNBC)? Heck, watch Comedy Central (allegedly comedy) and listen to Trevor Noah (he's a Brit) on the Daily Show.

We don't have time for YOUR Trump haters. We can't keep up with our own :laugh:

Seriously, the propaganda is beyond absurd. I like contrasting the BBC version of events with the Jerusalem Post's. Seems the correspondents weren't view the same events most of the time :)

Drummond
07-12-2018, 09:07 PM
Have you heard Don Lemon (CNN)? Or Whoopi Goldberg (the View)? Or Rachel Madcow (Maddow- MSNBC)? Heck, watch Comedy Central (allegedly comedy) and listen to Trevor Noah (he's a Brit) on the Daily Show.

No to all of the above ... and I've never heard of Trevor Noah (.. not sure I'd want to, either ...). [James Corden ... yes]

We don't have time for YOUR Trump haters. We can't keep up with our own :laugh:

Can't say I blame you ... :rolleyes: . Still, if either you, or someone else here, can at least tell me if the O'Brien track is playable in the US, I'd be grateful ...

Seriously, the propaganda is beyond absurd. I like contrasting the BBC version of events with the Jerusalem Post's. Seems the correspondents weren't view the same events most of the time :)

I'm not remotely surprised, Gunny.

Gunny
07-12-2018, 09:22 PM
No to all of the above ... and I've never heard of Trevor Noah (.. not sure I'd want to, either ...). [James Corden ... yes]

Can't say I blame you ... :rolleyes: . Still, if either you, or someone else here, can at least tell me if the O'Brien track is playable in the US, I'd be grateful ...

I'm not remotely surprised, Gunny.Yes. The jackass is talking over Trump at every point. What a crackpot. He's stating stuff that doesn't even need to be stated just to have something to day.

Drummond
07-12-2018, 10:06 PM
Yes. The jackass is talking over Trump at every point. What a crackpot. He's stating stuff that doesn't even need to be stated just to have something to day.

OK, thanks for that.

I only wish that our people DID see him as a crackpot. He's been broadcasting for years, and every now and again he gets called upon by the BBC (a rival broadcaster to LBC) to host their flagship 'NewsNight' late night news and current affairs programme, aired on BBC2.

Usually, he's a phone-in host on LBC. His pet hates include Brexit ... he's passionately pro-Europe, and sees any effort on our part to leave the EU as an act of great self-harm (Trump's position on that couldn't be more different). I think he'll be delighted that Trump is going cool on the idea of new US-UK trade deals.

He also bullies his callers if they disagree with him too strongly. He'll talk over them, fade them out, disparage them, even cut off their calls, if he doesn't like the outcome of the call ....

... so, yes, of course he's a Left-winger ....

Drummond
07-12-2018, 10:33 PM
This is the last time (mercifully ?) I refer to James O'Brien, especially as I'm wandering from the point of the thread. Just to illustrate a point made before about his activities on NewsNight, and also his bullying style.

The Conservative person being interviewed laudably talks of the BBC's bias during the interview. Hopefully it'll play (??) ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gi5z4M5dm4o

Drummond
07-13-2018, 06:42 AM
Now back to the main subject ....

This has been a news item over here for several days .. and, now it's happened. The intended flying of a derisory effigy of Trump, depicted as a baby, in London, during Trump's visit here.

Trump is meant to be 'humiliated' by this action ... one receiving full approval from Sadiq Khan, our London Mayor.

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/07/13/uk/trump-baby-blimp-to-fly-over-uk-parliament-intl/index.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+rss%2Fcnn_allpolitics+%28RSS% 3A+CNN+-+Politics%29

A giant balloon of "Trump Baby" in a diaper took flight over Britain's Houses of Parliament Friday, kicking off a day of widespread protests against the US leader's controversial visit to the UK.

The orange-hued blimp was inflated in Parliament Square at about 9.30 a.m. as a crowd of onlookers cheered. As the air filled the six-meter (20-feet) ballon, it rose slowly into the air.

It flew at a height of about 30 meters (98 feet) for two hours, fluttering over Westminster Abbey and high above the statutes of prominent historical figures including Winston Churchill, Mahatma Gandhi and Millicent Fawcett.

Blimp organizer Leo Murray told CNN the giant balloon had been designed to speak to Trump "in a language that he understands, which is personal insults."

Protesters gathered from early in the morning to watch the balloon go up. "No one really wants him to be in power ... he's not welcome in the UK, said Holly, a protester from London, who didn't give her last name. "It's bollocks," she said.

Instead of holding his meetings in London, Trump will instead hold talks with Prime Minister Theresa May at her country retreat outside the city and take tea with the Queen at Windsor Castle, west of London.

But in an interview with the Sun newspaper, he conceded that he felt unwelcome in London.

The request to fly the blimp was approved by London Mayor Sadiq Khan earlier this month. Khan, who has had a testy Twitter relationship with Trump, gave the unusual request the go-ahead after more than 10,000 people signed a petition.

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=11550&stc=1

Drummond
07-13-2018, 07:00 AM
Another curious item ...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-44807972

12:47

Stormy Daniels' lawyer protests in London

The lawyer who represents Stormy Daniels - the adult film star who says she slept with Donald Trump in 2006 - is in London for the
Women's March.

Michael Avenatti tweeted yesterday that he was "looking forward" to attending the UK march "in protest of this most cruel and unusual president".

According to the BBC report, a protest march is going through central London. No doubt it'll get fuller coverage ..

gabosaurus
07-13-2018, 10:37 AM
The crowd gathered to protest Trump in London is larger than the one that gathered to hear Trump's inauguration speech. :cool:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/6770994/donald-trump-protest-london-queen/

https://www.thesun.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/NINTCHDBPICT000420165448.jpg?strip=all&quality=100&w=960

jimnyc
07-13-2018, 10:46 AM
The crowd gathered to protest Trump in London is larger than the one that gathered to hear Trump's inauguration speech. :cool:

Umm, yeah, sure. :rolleyes:

Drummond
07-13-2018, 11:13 AM
Umm, yeah, sure. :rolleyes:

.... Well .... according to the ever-accurate BBC, the numbers turning out for the central London protest is around the 10,000 mark. I don't know how this compares to the Inauguration Speech attendance.

You have to remember ... chances such as this for the Left, over here, to 'make their mark', only come by quite rarely (the last equivalent was Obama's NATO summit at the Celtic Manor, in Wales ... we Brits unsportingly parked two tanks on the nearby golf course, ruining his whole day ..). So, of course they'll mobilise in large numbers, now ! Probably many are wetting themselves in excitement over such a chance.

Fairness, decency, respect ... forget them all. The Left wants its mob tactics to 'shine through' at a time when Trump might be within 'reach' for them to do it. To make the loudest of noises. To throw tantrums. That's all they care about, and it's all they understand.

FakeNewsSux
07-13-2018, 12:02 PM
Even overseas, the President won't abide fake news:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dO1f9EZ-0uw

Gunny
07-13-2018, 12:30 PM

https://www.thesun.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/NINTCHDBPICT000420165448.jpg?strip=all&quality=100&w=960

:smoke:

Drummond
07-13-2018, 12:42 PM
Even overseas, the President won't abide fake news:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dO1f9EZ-0uw

Good man ! I wish we had even ONE politician who was straightforward and uncompromising enough to take on such networks in such a fashion (... though, my BBC James O'Brien clip, previously, featured one Conservative who branded the BBC as biased ..).

Controversy exists, now, over a supposed interview Trump gave to the UK's Sun newspaper. According to the Sun, Trump said that if our current Brexit proposal from Mrs May wins the day, it'd mean we were still unacceptably tied to the EU on trade ... making any trade deals between the UK and US highly unlikely.

[This, of course, soured the mood somewhat, over here ....]

Trump later branded this story 'fake news'. Trump said such deals were on the cards, still.

ITV, the BBC's main competitor, report that Trump has done a 'U' turn (i.e changed his mind on this). This is at odds with what Trump himself says is true.

Today's central London protest march ... where I am, in Wales, our local news media have reported on busloads of people travelling from Cardiff to London to attend it. The impression is that the Left are going all-out to bus people from all parts of the UK to make the protests as massively attended as they can manage.

Here's an online ITV report on it:

http://www.itv.com/news/wales/2018-07-12/protesters-gather-in-cardiff-and-swansea-against-president-donald-trumps-uk-visit/

Protesters from Wales are to head to London to join a demonstration against Donald Trump.

The President is in London as part of his visit to the UK.

It comes after crowds gathered in Cardiff and Swansea yesterday to protest against Trump.

Hundreds took to the street as he met with Prime Minister Theresa May in London.

[The 'hundreds' will refer just to the Welsh people, I'm sure ..].

Pictures of protesters in Cardiff .....

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=11551&stc=1

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=11552&stc=1

Drummond
07-13-2018, 12:54 PM
H'm. Judging by this, Trump retracted his 'fake news' allegation ....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-44820333

US President Donald Trump insisted he did not criticise Theresa May in the interview that dominated the build-up to the two leaders' press conference.

Mr Trump has sparked a backlash from UK politicians after telling The Sun the PM's Brexit plan would "probably kill" a UK-US trade deal.

He also said Boris Johnson would make a "great prime minister".

But after talks with Mrs May he claimed "tremendous things" he said about her had been left out of the Sun story.

He said the paper's story was "generally fine", but "it didn't put in what I said about the prime minister, and I said tremendous things".

"Fortunately, we tend to record stories now so we have it for your enjoyment if you'd like it," he said.

"We record when we deal with reporters, it's called fake news and we solve a lot of problems with the good old recording instrument."

The Sun's write-up of its interview, which was recorded, quoted him describing her as a "nice person" and saying they get along "very nicely".

..... Responding to Mr Trump's comments about The Sun, a spokesman for the newspaper said: "We stand by our reporting and the quotes we used - including those where the president was positive about the prime minister, in both the paper and in our audio - and we're delighted that the president essentially retracted his original charge against the paper later in the press conference.

"To say the president called us 'fake news' with any serious intent is, well... fake news."

On a more positive note, here's this .... a very nice photo ....

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=11553&stc=1

Gunny
07-13-2018, 01:01 PM
Good man ! I wish we had even ONE politician who was straightforward and uncompromising enough to take on such networks in such a fashion (... though, my BBC James O'Brien clip, previously, featured one Conservative who branded the BBC as biased ..).

Controversy exists, now, over a supposed interview Trump gave to the UK's Sun newspaper. According to the Sun, Trump said that if our current Brexit proposal from Mrs May wins the day, it'd mean we were still unacceptably tied to the EU on trade ... making any trade deals between the UK and US highly unlikely.

[This, of course, soured the mood somewhat, over here ....]

Trump later branded this story 'fake news'. Trump said such deals were on the cards, still.

ITV, the BBC's main competitor, report that Trump has done a 'U' turn (i.e changed his mind on this). This is at odds with what Trump himself says is true.

Today's central London protest march ... where I am, in Wales, our local news media have reported on busloads of people travelling from Cardiff to London to attend it. The impression is that the Left are going all-out to bus people from all parts of the UK to make the protests as massively attended as they can manage.

Here's an online ITV report on it:

http://www.itv.com/news/wales/2018-07-12/protesters-gather-in-cardiff-and-swansea-against-president-donald-trumps-uk-visit/

[The 'hundreds' will refer just to the Welsh people, I'm sure ..].

Pictures of protesters in Cardiff .....

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=11551&stc=1

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=11552&stc=1What I don't get is ... are people there just bored to death? Trump is not President of the UK. No offense, but you think he gives a hoot what anyone THERE thinks when he doesn't anyone HERE? They are going to have ZERO effect on him. Lot of time and money wasted on a pointless endeavor.

I don't recall the comment about not dealing with the UK even if BREXIT was successful. One would assume the leftwingnut MSM here would have been all over it had it been made. Maybe I was asleep?:laugh:

FakeNewsSux
07-13-2018, 01:01 PM
The controversy involving the Sun interview is being widely reported here, Drummond. The Brits, along with a majority of the American public, still don't understand Pres. Trump's negotiating style. I knows it appears fumbling and disjointed compared to what the general public have come to know what politician speak should sound like. Just enjoy the ride and the results.

Gunny
07-13-2018, 01:07 PM
The controversy involving the Sun interview is being widely reported here, Drummond. The Brits, along with a majority of the American public, still don't understand Pres. Trump's negotiating style. I knows it appears fumbling and disjointed compared to what the general public have come to know what politician speak should sound like. Just enjoy the ride and the results.I can see the "controversy" being reported by the left. Any real grounds for it?

I generally get Trump's style but see no real point to him making such a statement.

FakeNewsSux
07-13-2018, 01:16 PM
I can see the "controversy" being reported by the left. Any real grounds for it?

I generally get Trump's style but see no real point to him making such a statement.

I believe his point in making his statement is to get May to quit trying to defang the Brexit movement by slow walking it and ultimately disregarding Brexit by maintaining an ongoing associate relationship with the EU. If this is her ultimate goal, then he believes that there is no point in negotiating a unilateral trade agreement with her since she would still be restricted by the EU in what she could agree to.

Gunny
07-13-2018, 01:21 PM
I believe his point in making his statement is to get May to quit trying to defang the Brexit movement by slow walking it and ultimately disregarding Brexit by maintaining an ongoing associate relationship with the EU. If this is her ultimate goal, then he believes that there is no point in negotiating a unilateral trade agreement with her since she would still be restricted by the EU in what she could agree to.I don't know why any semi-competent, semi-self-sufficient country would want to be part of the EU.

Black Diamond
07-13-2018, 02:57 PM
I can see the "controversy" being reported by the left. Any real grounds for it?

Seems to be his starting point in each negotiation he enters.

Black Diamond
07-13-2018, 03:00 PM
What I don't get is ... are people there just bored to death? Trump is not President of the UK. No offense, but you think he gives a hoot what anyone THERE thinks when he doesn't anyone HERE? They are going to have ZERO effect on him. Lot of time and money wasted on a pointless endeavor.

I don't recall the comment about not dealing with the UK even if BREXIT was successful. One would assume the leftwingnut MSM here would have been all over it had it been made. Maybe I was asleep?:laugh:
Well many Americans are obsessed with the royals.

Black Diamond
07-13-2018, 03:01 PM

They should put pussies on their heads.

Drummond
07-13-2018, 05:57 PM

Hope you don't mind my reversing the order of your comments ...

On the above point .. I'm surprised, as it made world news. Certainly covered here, especially by the likes of the Guardian newspaper, the BBC, etc ...

The point is that, around a week ago, Mrs May came up with a detailed Brexit 'deal' she intended to put to the EU negotiators, and it fell significantly short of a full separation from Europe. Trump was unhappy with its terms, because it meant we'd still be tied into the EU on trade, which to his way of thinking wasn't a good basis for standalone US-UK deals. Trump was reported as saying that to be tied in to the EU in that way must threaten, and probably kill off, any hopes the UK had for trade deals with America.

One example of its being reported ...

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/news/uk/may-brexit-plan-could-kill-uk-us-trade-deal-trump-says-in-shock-for-prime-minister/

Donald Trump has warned Theresa May her Brexit plan could “kill” any UK-US trade deal because Britain would remain so closely aligned to the European Union.

The US president said he would have done the Brexit negotiations “much differently” and claimed the Prime Minister did not listen to his advice, in an interview with The Sun.

His highly-controversial remarks came at the end of a day in which he had already waded deeply into the Brexit row over Theresa May’s white paper ahead of his first official visit to Britain as President.

Another ....

http://canadianews.org/world/2018/07/12/354613-trump-says-mays-brexit-plan-would-kill-uk-us-trade-deal.html

U.S. President Donald Trump lobbed a verbal hand grenade into Theresa May's carefully constructed plans for Brexit, saying that the British leader had wrecked the country's exit from the European Union and likely "killed" chances of a free-trade deal with the United States.

Trump, who is making his first presidential visit to Britain, told the Sun newspaper he had advised May on how to conduct Brexit negotiations, "but she didn't listen to me."

The Guardian is running a 'scare' story on this, by the way ... see ...

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/jan/27/theresa-mays-trump-meeting-could-sour-brexit-negotiations

Senior European politicians have suggested Theresa May’s meeting with Donald Trump on Friday could sour negotiations over Britain’s departure from the European Union.

Speaking before the prime minister and new president’s meeting in the Oval Office on Friday afternoon, the French presidential candidate Emmanuel Macron claimed that Britain could become subservient to the US.

“Britain lived in an equilibrium with Europe,” Macron told France Culture radio. “But now it is becoming a vassal state, meaning it is becoming the junior partner of the United States.”

Macron added that he now feared the EU could no longer rank the US as a reliable partner in safeguarding western values ...

What I don't get is ... are people there just bored to death? Trump is not President of the UK. No offense, but you think he gives a hoot what anyone THERE thinks when he doesn't anyone HERE? They are going to have ZERO effect on him. Lot of time and money wasted on a pointless endeavor.

Trump may not be President of the UK, but our media has been working flat-out to demonise him since before he was even elected. Some, led by our media, basically think that he's not too far removed from the 'Devil Incarnate'. You have to consider that we understand the world-leading role America has, and any change in its Administration, much less a 'controversial' one, is going to get a lot of attention here. What America does, affects us all. Especially as he's so diametrically the opposite of what our Left want to see .. they'll move heaven and earth to oppose him.

Maybe Trump doesn't much care what the Brits think .. I don't blame him. Why in particular should he ? But still, that can't stop our delusional Left and rabble-rousers from acting. They have to believe they matter. So ... we see what we see. Pointless ... no doubt. But they'll never believe it. I'm sure many left the protest today thinking 'Hey, THAT showed him a thing or two --'.

Drummond
07-13-2018, 06:02 PM
Seems to be his starting point in each negotiation he enters.

... see, that's the problem. If you literally mean that Trump has 'negotiations' in mind ... we won't have taken it that way. A 'this will kill off US-UK deals' would just be seen as Trump cancelling any prospect of any .. a clear statement of intent.

Drummond
07-13-2018, 06:18 PM
I don't know why any semi-competent, semi-self-sufficient country would want to be part of the EU.

You have to consider that the 'we're better united than separate' is a psychology many will buy into, over here. Socialistic thinking has had more time and opportunity to gain traction and become the norm.

These days, it's a question of 'will we survive if we cease to suck at the nourishing teat of combined EU trading opportunities'. In the UK, we've had many scare stories of how the UK economy will implode, if we lose the comforting balance of preferentially-weighted EU-based trade.

As for the UK being a part of it, well, to some extent it was an 'accident of history'. When we first joined, it was the EEC, purely and simply a trading confederation. But over time, power-mongers seized their opportunity, and made it into a controlling political entity. We were already 'along for the ride' when all this evolved.

A couple of treaty-signings later .. including the last, disreputably done by Gordon Brown (Labour Government) one night, with even the news of the signing withheld from the British press for the better part of a day afterwards (!!) ... and we were 'snuck' in.

Now, we have Brexit looming. Negotiations for the terms of our leaving have been turgid in the extreme, and with the EU doing all in its power to stall, and make the process difficult. Spanner-wielding tactics have been much in evidence.

You can see why. Make Brexit an easy process, and other countries might be tempted to attempt it for themselves. Make it supremely difficult, nigh-on impossible to progress with ... and countries will see that, & be dissuaded from acting.

The EU, make no mistake about it, is run by control freaks as though it was a protection racket.

aboutime
07-13-2018, 06:33 PM
Now back to the main subject ....

This has been a news item over here for several days .. and, now it's happened. The intended flying of a derisory effigy of Trump, depicted as a baby, in London, during Trump's visit here.

Trump is meant to be 'humiliated' by this action ... one receiving full approval from Sadiq Khan, our London Mayor.

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/07/13/uk/trump-baby-blimp-to-fly-over-uk-parliament-intl/index.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+rss%2Fcnn_allpolitics+%28RSS% 3A+CNN+-+Politics%29

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=11550&stc=1

If those people really wanted to insult, or offend our President. They failed, big time...IMO. In fact. It wouldn't surprise me if the President TWEETED..."Thanks to all of the people in G.B. who liked the BLOW UP Doll of me. Thanks for showing the rest of the World how most of you really are. SNOWFLAKES eventually MELT!:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Gunny
07-13-2018, 06:42 PM
You have to consider that the 'we're better united than separate' is a psychology many will buy into, over here. Socialistic thinking has had more time and opportunity to gain traction and become the norm.

These days, it's a question of 'will we survive if we cease to suck at the nourishing teat of combined EU trading opportunities'. In the UK, we've had many scare stories of how the UK economy will implode, if we lose the comforting balance of preferentially-weighted EU-based trade.

As for the UK being a part of it, well, to some extent it was an 'accident of history'. When we first joined, it was the EEC, purely and simply a trading confederation. But over time, power-mongers seized their opportunity, and made it into a controlling political entity. We were already 'along for the ride' when all this evolved.

A couple of treaty-signings later .. including the last, disreputably done by Gordon Brown (Labour Government) one night, with even the news of the signing withheld from the British press for the better part of a day afterwards (!!) ... and we were 'snuck' in.

Now, we have Brexit looming. Negotiations for the terms of our leaving have been turgid in the extreme, and with the EU doing all in its power to stall, and make the process difficult. Spanner-wielding tactics have been much in evidence.

You can see why. Make Brexit an easy process, and other countries might be tempted to attempt it for themselves. Make it supremely difficult, nigh-on impossible to progress with ... and countries will see that, & be dissuaded from acting.

The EU, make no mistake about it, is run by control freaks as though it was a protection racket.ALL socialist governments/groups -- what have you -- are protection/extortion rackets. The very people that sell the idea of "equality for all" are the same ones who are the ONLY ones that get wealthy from such organizations.

Our labor unions are as corrupt as it gets, right down to forcing workers to strike while they still get paid. Rest assured that any agreement ending the strike includes a healthy sum for the union itself and a few more pennies for the workers themselves.

Socialism is a failure for any independent, thinking person who believes if they work more and have more responsibility they should earn more. What incentive is there to excel if the do-nothing bum next door has the same house, same car, and same income as you, as mandated by those who have 5 times as much? It turns people into sheep and robs them of their will.

If I bust my butt more, to earn more to have more, THAT is what I expect. I resent having to pay one thin dime of it to support and ineffectual government bureaucracy.

gabosaurus
07-13-2018, 06:49 PM

The point is that Trump called his own interview, which was recorded and posted on the internet, "fake news" and denied its existence. When alerted to the fact that news media and public alike have heard and read the interview, Trump backtracked again.
How many times is he going to change his story? Not that anyone on the right will care, since they firmly believe that Trump can do nothing wrong. Even when he does.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/6775291/trump-accuses-the-sun-of-fake-news-then-admits-we-were-right/

Gunny
07-13-2018, 07:01 PM
The point is that Trump called his own interview, which was recorded and posted on the internet, "fake news" and denied its existence. When alerted to the fact that news media and public alike have heard and read the interview, Trump backtracked again.
How many times is he going to change his story? Not that anyone on the right will care, since they firmly believe that Trump can do nothing wrong. Even when he does.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/6775291/trump-accuses-the-sun-of-fake-news-then-admits-we-were-right/Point is, you have no point. I change my mind all the time based on evolving circumstance. I reserve the right to do so. Doesn't mean I'm backtracking, lying or what-the-flip-ever. Means I'm wise enough to change my opinion when warranted. I'd prefer to do that than stick with old news and an outdated plan. Kinda a recipe for losing.

In the meantime, I will stick with I STILL don't have any CREDIBLE facts to base an opinion on where this matter is concerned. I don't consider anti-Trump rhetoric from an anti-Trump rhetoric device credible, nor unbiased.

Do feel free to be wrong again at your leisure :). Good to see you haven't been turned to cinder in a wildfire. Nice of you to let anyone know :slap:

Drummond
07-13-2018, 08:12 PM
ALL socialist governments/groups -- what have you -- are protection/extortion rackets. The very people that sell the idea of "equality for all" are the same ones who are the ONLY ones that get wealthy from such organizations.

Our labor unions are as corrupt as it gets, right down to forcing workers to strike while they still get paid. Rest assured that any agreement ending the strike includes a healthy sum for the union itself and a few more pennies for the workers themselves.

Socialism is a failure for any independent, thinking person who believes if they work more and have more responsibility they should earn more. What incentive is there to excel if the do-nothing bum next door has the same house, same car, and same income as you, as mandated by those who have 5 times as much? It turns people into sheep and robs them of their will.

If I bust my butt more, to earn more to have more, THAT is what I expect. I resent having to pay one thin dime of it to support and ineffectual government bureaucracy.:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Drummond
07-13-2018, 08:29 PM

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/6775291/trump-accuses-the-sun-of-fake-news-then-admits-we-were-right/

Here's something that's telling. An example of differing attitudes, and an illustration of your President's strength, compared to our Prime Minister's timid weakness ...

From your link, this excerpt --

.... the President then dropped Mrs May in it by revealing she told him not to worry about The Sun’s interview as “it’s only the Press”.

The PM replied: “You’re going to antagonise them.”

Enough said ?

Our politicians are enslaved to their public image, which is in considerable measure governed by what the media reports. If that media has an agenda, and what they report as 'news' is tailored to what the media wishes the general public to perceive about the politician in question, then that politician 'has to' bend to the perception being touted.

Our politicians, from our PM on down, follow pre-crafted expectations. They obey them, living in fear of a bad press. If Mrs May uttered comments daring to violate 'PC' strictures (e.g Islam is NOT a religion of peace), she'd consider herself in severe danger of losing her hold on power !

Compare Trump's style to that. NOBODY in the Press rules him ! And that gives him the power to be himself, and the freedoms to be the kind of leader he advertises himself as being.

America will know greatness from the actions and promises of a great man, Gabby. He is subservient only to the wish he has to do what it takes to Make America Great.

You hate him for it, don't you, Gabby ??

Elessar
07-13-2018, 08:38 PM

Of course a liberal sycophant would parade that. After all, you must be
disappointed you were not there to inflate it.

liberals are the prime source of riots, demonstrations, and violent encounters in
the USA, UK, Canada, and most European nations. How does that suit your
proclaimed vision of 'tolerance' and 'free speech'?

Most Conservatives ignore your childish behavior; but one
day there might be a backlash that all your whining and spoiled-brat
spoon hammering behavior cannot handle.

Face It! Hillary LOST!

FakeNewsSux
07-14-2018, 04:42 PM
Now for the British reaction to Pres. Trump that wasn't worth broadcasting to the American public:

https://youtu.be/8Ysj7F_-Et0

https://youtu.be/qA1Q1CeAvG4

https://youtu.be/Lha122TSHjE

Drummond
07-14-2018, 06:02 PM
Now for the British reaction to Pres. Trump that wasn't worth broadcasting to the American public:

https://youtu.be/8Ysj7F_-Et0

https://youtu.be/qA1Q1CeAvG4

https://youtu.be/Lha122TSHjE

Excellent post ... thanks for it.

We do see such reports in our media .. but, 'somehow', they don't get nearly the same attention as all the anti-Trump stuff does. I blame the media for that, but not entirely; fact is that our Left works tirelessly to make their protests as loud and well-organised as possible.

Because of Trump's attitude to Brexit, he and UKIP are natural allies. Nigel Farage, its former leader, counts President Trump as a friend of his.

And of course, Trump's thoughts on Brexit are valid. The deal on offer to the EU sells out those who voted to break with the EU, because it fails to provide the separation those Brexiteers wanted. Kudos to Trump for his stand on that issue.

Drummond
07-14-2018, 06:18 PM
Our anti-Trump 'brigade' have still been active today, even as he took time out for some golf in Scotland.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-44829539

Thousands took to the streets of Edinburgh in a third day of protests against Donald Trump's UK visit.

They demonstrated as the US president played golf during a visit to his Turnberry resort on the Ayrshire coast.

Mr Trump is in Scotland on a private visit with his family ahead of a summit with Vladimir Putin in Helsinki.

No protesters were arrested in Scotland, but the Met Police said 12 people were detained following pro-Trump processions in London.

During his Saturday afternoon golf game he was booed by demonstrators gathered at the perimeter of the Turnberry complex.

Earlier, Police Scotland confirmed that they were investigating how a paraglider was able to fly over the resort hotel with a banner criticising Mr Trump.

The president's visit to Scotland has been accompanied by a major security operation.

Police snipers are positioned on tiers of temporary scaffolding overlooking the golf course, with a large number of other officers patrolling the grounds and surrounding area.

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=11560&stc=1

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=11561&stc=1

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=11562&stc=1

High_Plains_Drifter
07-14-2018, 06:35 PM
The "PROTESTORS"... ahem... look just as MORONIC in the UK as they do here in America.

I say it over and over, that the radical left is the TRASH of society, where ever they are... people are sick of these ass clowns, they have protest fatigue...

https://image.ibb.co/crQEZ8/idiots.jpg

aboutime
07-14-2018, 06:47 PM
Not all of the idiots, dummies, stupid people, ignorant people, and purely illiterate people live in the USA. STUPIDITY, and FOLLOWING LIARS is a World-Wide Hobby.
https://i.pinimg.com/736x/d7/50/15/d75015e644465b4598aadf99d6ad11dc--vote-quotes-mlk-jr-quotes.jpg http://cdn-webimages.wimages.net/051617ccf61e35293813d43347f059d0473169-wm.jpg?v=3
https://i.imgflip.com/nsvlq.jpghttps://lylescott89.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/i-see-stupid-people.jpg

FakeNewsSux
07-14-2018, 06:53 PM
The "PROTESTORS"... ahem... looks just as MORONIC in the UK as they do here in America.

I say it over and over, that the radical left is the TRASH of society, where ever they are... people are sick of these ass clowns, they have protest fatigue...

Looks like most of the folks are just an audience for the freak show not actual protesters. Kind of like on the highway where the traffic jams are caused by the gawkers not the wreck.

Drummond
07-15-2018, 11:05 AM
The "PROTESTORS"... ahem... looks just as MORONIC in the UK as they do here in America.

... this, though, was part of the main demonstration, in Central London (the street sign 'Charing Cross' gives that away -- I know the area, it'll be close to Trafalgar Square). This'll be the one that Jeremy Corbyn, leader of our mainstream Socialists, will have attended.

If anyone were to doubt that this was all a product of the UK's more extreme Left ... look at posters you see in other pictures. You invariably see, at the top of some of the placards, their origin .. look for the words 'Socialist Worker'.