PDA

View Full Version : Sen. Manchin Tells Schumer to 'Kiss My You Know What' on SCOTUS Vote

jimnyc
07-15-2018, 01:47 PM
Yup, now it's the dems eating one another and not the righties. :)

Some will do what is right, and see his background and "judge" him for who he is - not saying NO before he was nominated. If any of this were to happen on the right, Trump would instantly be involved and labeled a bully.

---

Sen. Manchin Tells Schumer to 'Kiss My You Know What' on SCOTUS Vote

Democrats have been threatening Armageddon in order to defeat Brett Kavanaugh, the president's nominee for the Supreme Court. Their frothing at the mouth base has been issuing blood curdling warnings to any Democratic senator who dares break ranks and vote for him.

But some Democrats, at least, aren't being intimidated.

The Hill:

Democratic Sen. Joe Manchin (W.Va.) had strong words for Senate Minority Leader Charles Schumer’s (D-N.Y.) efforts to unify the party against President Trump’s Supreme Court pick.

Manchin suggested to Politico that Schumer does not have any influence over whether or not he supports Brett Kavanaugh’s nomination.

“I’ll be 71 years old in August, you’re going to whip me? Kiss my you know what,” Manchin told Politico, referring to whipping votes among the party caucus.

Schumer has spoken out harshly against Kavanaugh and vowed to oppose him “with everything I’ve got.” Democrats will need at least two GOP votes, in addition to all Democrats, to block the nomination.

But Democrats up for reelection in Trump states are not guaranteed votes against the confirmation, and many have signaled that Schumer’s efforts may not be enough to convince them to vote against the nominee.

Manchin is in a tough re-election fight in West Virginia with the state's GOP attorney general, Patrick Morrissey, and knows that a good way to energize opposition to him is to vote against the nominee of a president who carried the state by 40 points.

But Manchin isn't the only red state Democratic senator who is telling Schumer to butt out:

“My decision won’t have anything to do with Chuck Schumer,” Sen. Joe Donnelly (D-Ind.) told Politico. Donnelly, in addition to Manchin and Sen. Heidi Heitkamp (D-N.D.) all voted in support of Neil Gorsuch.

Sen. Claire McCaskill (D-Mo.) told Politico that Schumer “knows better” than to try to pressure her to vote a certain way.

“He doesn’t come to me and say: ‘You’ve got to vote with us on this.’ He knows I’ll tell him to take a flyin’ leap,” she said. “I’m going to do what I think is right. It has nothing to do with the party.”

You can add North Dakota Democrat Heidi Heitkamp to that list as well. All four are locked in tight races in states carried by Trump in 2016.

Rest - https://pjmedia.com/trending/sen-manchin-tells-schumer-to-kiss-my-you-know-what-on-scotus-vote/