PDA

View Full Version : Gallup Shows How Much Americans Really Care About The "Situation With Russia"

High_Plains_Drifter
07-19-2018, 05:00 PM
This is just as I've thought. The radical left has been exposed as being FRAUDS with their FAKE DOSSIER and WITCH HUNT on president Trump, and Americans have TUNED OUT the democrat propaganda wing and their NON STOP MOANING of RUSSIA, RUSSIA, RUSSIA... their blinding HATE for Trump and their unhinged ranting and lying has left them out in the cold as virtually IRRELEVANT. Can't wait until November...

---------------

Gallup Shows How Much Americans Really Care About The "Situation With Russia"

While ever-hope-filled expectations among the left are for a 'blue wave' in the Mid-term elections, we suspect things may not turn out quite as planned given the last week's "crisis". Even before President Trump had set foot in Helsinki, the left and the media were banging the drums of war against "the thug" Putin and how he would trump Trump, and once the press conference furore was over, all hell broke loose as the left-leaning world attempted to out-signal one another's virtue as to the "treasonous", "surrender" that had occurred.

So much so - in fact - that the internet became 'full' of "Trump" and "Treason" chatter - more so even than when he joked in July 2016 about Russia having Hillary's missing 30,000 emails.

Once again - the "Russia, Russia, Russia" cries drowned out any sane discussion of the end of cold war 2.0.

There's just one problem with the Democrats' unending focus on Russia and the media's constant collusion chatter: few Americans care, because - drumroll - they have real lives in the real economy to worry about.

As the latest survey from Gallup shows: when asked what the most important problem facing the nation is, Russia did not even warrant a 1% - and worse still, it is declining in importance from there.

As David Sirota noted, "Gallup recently did a poll of what Americans say is the most important problem facing the country. One finding: the percentage of Americans saying “Situation with Russia” is the most important problem is literally too small to represent with a number."

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-07-19/gallup-shows-how-much-americans-really-care-about-situation-russia

Elessar
07-19-2018, 06:48 PM
Screw the Democrats....liberals.

I wonder why and how their brains have enough horsepower to even breathe.

Gunny
07-19-2018, 07:15 PM
This is just as I've thought. The radical left has been exposed as being FRAUDS with their FAKE DOSSIER and WITCH HUNT on president Trump, and Americans have TUNED OUT the democrat propaganda wing and their NON STOP MOANING of RUSSIA, RUSSIA, RUSSIA... their blinding HATE for Trump and their unhinged ranting and lying has left them out in the cold as virtually IRRELEVANT. Can't wait until November...

---------------

Gallup Shows How Much Americans Really Care About The "Situation With Russia"

While ever-hope-filled expectations among the left are for a 'blue wave' in the Mid-term elections, we suspect things may not turn out quite as planned given the last week's "crisis". Even before President Trump had set foot in Helsinki, the left and the media were banging the drums of war against "the thug" Putin and how he would trump Trump, and once the press conference furore was over, all hell broke loose as the left-leaning world attempted to out-signal one another's virtue as to the "treasonous", "surrender" that had occurred.

So much so - in fact - that the internet became 'full' of "Trump" and "Treason" chatter - more so even than when he joked in July 2016 about Russia having Hillary's missing 30,000 emails.

Once again - the "Russia, Russia, Russia" cries drowned out any sane discussion of the end of cold war 2.0.

There's just one problem with the Democrats' unending focus on Russia and the media's constant collusion chatter: few Americans care, because - drumroll - they have real lives in the real economy to worry about.

As the latest survey from Gallup shows: when asked what the most important problem facing the nation is, Russia did not even warrant a 1% - and worse still, it is declining in importance from there.

As David Sirota noted, "Gallup recently did a poll of what Americans say is the most important problem facing the country. One finding: the percentage of Americans saying “Situation with Russia” is the most important problem is literally too small to represent with a number."

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-07-19/gallup-shows-how-much-americans-really-care-about-situation-russiaIf "most Americans" (note this is from a poll) don't consider Russia an important issue then "most Americans" that think that way are stupid. More than likely willfully ignorant which is another name for stupid.

Russia is backing a regime that has vowed to take land back from Israel and WE are Israel's ally. I'd say that's important since he's got all the tanks, troops and bombs one could hope for already in the region and we don't.

Kathianne
07-19-2018, 07:37 PM
I think most people are sick of the drumbeat of 'Trump. Russia. Collusion. Mueller.' Hopefully some people are going to figure out the difference between accusations of POSSIBLE collusion and Russian malignant behavior in our elections.

Russia can be interfering without any collusion with Trump, actually that is more than likely. That doesn't negate that Trump or someone in his circle have had ties with Russia, which is what the Mueller thing is all about, but there is no proof on that after all the $$ and time and press.

High_Plains_Drifter
07-19-2018, 07:46 PM
I think most people are sick of the drumbeat of 'Trump. Russia. Collusion. Mueller.' Hopefully some people are going to figure out the difference between accusations of POSSIBLE collusion and Russian malignant behavior in our elections.

Russia can be interfering without any collusion with Trump, actually that is more than likely. That doesn't negate that Trump or someone in his circle have had ties with Russia, which is what the Mueller thing is all about, but there is no proof on that after all the $$ and time and press.
I'm SURE Trump has had dealings with Russia. He's an international business man, and even then, there's nothing ILLEGAL about having "ties" with Russia.

Did he COLLUDE with Russia to win his election? For the love of God... NO... but on the other hand, there's a MOUNTAIN of evidence that the DNC colluded with Russia. Where's the investigation into that?

How about that uranium deal? How about that $400,000 Hitlery banked? How about the $500,000 speaking fee Bubba Clinton got in Russia? On and on.

I mean... I know you see these things and I'm not now insinuating you don't.

High_Plains_Drifter
07-19-2018, 07:47 PM
If "most Americans" (note this is from a poll) don't consider Russia an important issue then "most Americans" that think that way are stupid. More than likely willfully ignorant which is another name for stupid.

Russia is backing a regime that has vowed to take land back from Israel and WE are Israel's ally. I'd say that's important since he's got all the tanks, troops and bombs one could hope for already in the region and we don't.
It may be important, but it's the horse that's been beat dead so bad it's not even recognizable anymore.

Gunny
07-19-2018, 08:04 PM
It may be important, but it's the horse that's been beat dead so bad it's not even recognizable anymore.Not recognizable as what, exactly? Does it take an "I told you so" before people listen? Oh yeah. This IS America.

Assad was losing his ass off in a civil war until Putin showed up and conducted his war for him. Assad may be doing the talking, but he's the puppet and Putin the master.

Assad is also aligned with Hezbollah/Iran. Iran seeks the destruction of Israel. Assad wants the Golan Heights back. With the new regime in Iraq, the shia cut a swathe in the ME from Afghanistan to Lebanon (the Med). Putin isn't giving up his warm water port and only access to the Med for nothing.

This is ongoing NOW. So the horse is hardly dead. Everybody else int eh Middle east is at war or staring it in the face and we're twiddling our thumbs looking at the sky?

Just like I tell you other things can be done without the US, the Earth can be destroyed for all of us without us too. Pretending it ain't so hardly changes the reality.

High_Plains_Drifter
07-19-2018, 08:13 PM
Not recognizable as what, exactly? Does it take an "I told you so" before people listen? Oh yeah. This IS America.

Assad was losing his ass off in a civil war until Putin showed up and conducted his war for him. Assad may be doing the talking, but he's the puppet and Putin the master.

Assad is also aligned with Hezbollah/Iran. Iran seeks the destruction of Israel. Assad wants the Golan Heights back. With the new regime in Iraq, the shia cut a swathe in the ME from Afghanistan to Lebanon (the Med). Putin isn't giving up his warm water port and only access to the Med for nothing.

This is ongoing NOW. So the horse is hardly dead. Everybody else int eh Middle east is at war or staring it in the face and we're twiddling our thumbs looking at the sky?

Just like I tell you other things can be done without the US, the Earth can be destroyed for all of us without us too. Pretending it ain't so hardly changes the reality.
I know all that pard, and your knowledge of the middle east is impressive.

I was speaking of the poll, and Americans being sick of hearing about Russia. I don't mean that what's going on with things you mentioned aren't important, because they are, but when you've been brow beat over the head with the same unhinged crap for months on end, you're going to get sick of hearing about it. That's what the poll reflects. That not having anything to do with the actual importance of events.

Americans are worried more about what is going on in AMERICA is all, and right now, it's the illegal alien invasion.

Gunny
07-19-2018, 08:56 PM
I know all that pard, and your knowledge of the middle east is impressive.

I was speaking of the poll, and Americans being sick of hearing about Russia. I don't mean that what's going on with things you mentioned aren't important, because they are, but when you've been brow beat over the head with the same unhinged crap for months on end, you're going to get sick of hearing about it. That's what the poll reflects. That not having anything to do with the actual importance of events.

Americans are worried more about what is going on in AMERICA is all, and right now, it's the illegal alien invasion.I agree with Americans being concerned only with America. This board itself is a perfect example. We have a LOT of forums. What gets the most traffic? What Trump did or didn't do now.

I got Jim to rename one forum the Middle East because a LOT is going on over there and I posted away for month or two. Lot of threads with no replies. And I didn't say "every". Just "a lot". The world is at war around us and all we care about is the latest pathetic accusation. Our collective attention is on an investigation we know is BS, and a Supreme Court nominee that isn't going to be left enough for the left and isn't right enough for me. Then there's the left openly defying the law on several matters, immigration being the biggest and no one is doing sh*t.

And guess what? None of our self-absorbed opinions and infighting are going to matter one wit it the Earth is nuked on the other side whele we had our heads up our own asses.

High_Plains_Drifter
07-19-2018, 09:05 PM
I agree with Americans being concerned only with America. This board itself is a perfect example. We have a LOT of forums. What gets the most traffic? What Trump did or didn't do now.

I got Jim to rename one forum the Middle East because a LOT is going on over there and I posted away for month or two. Lot of threads with no replies. And I didn't say "every". Just "a lot". The world is at war around us and all we care about is the latest pathetic accusation. Our collective attention is on an investigation we know is BS, and a Supreme Court nominee that isn't going to be left enough for the left and isn't right enough for me. Then there's the left openly defying the law on several matters, immigration being the biggest and no one is doing sh*t.

And guess what? None of our self-absorbed opinions and infighting are going to matter one wit it the Earth is nuked on the other side whele we had our heads up our own asses.
I might not respond to a lot of your posts about the ME, but I DO read them. I'll have to admit I just don't know as much as you do about it, so I lack the knowledge to comment.

I know it's important and we ALL should be more concerned and informed than we are about it. But from my point of view, I often wonder, why are we there? What is the strategic importance? Is it to battle radical islam and attempt to keep it in check? Or is it to keep a foothold in that area in case something horrible happens, like a nuclear attack? Or is it just a great place for us to test out new weapons and combat techniques?

I've also wondered what would happen if we just pulled out entirely. Let the rag heads have it. Let them kill each other until there isn't a man left standing. Just drop in a few million guns and ammo and let 'em have at it, and if they ever attacked us again on American soil, then go in like gang busters and do the "shock and awe" again, level the damn joint and LEAVE... have a nice day... attack us again and we'll do the same over again, and no, we're not staying and nation building, and no, we're not giving you any money.

Gunny
07-19-2018, 09:20 PM
I might not respond to a lot of your posts about the ME, but I DO read them. I'll have to admit I just don't know as much as you do about it, so I lack the knowledge to comment.

I know it's important and we ALL should be more concerned and informed than we are about it. But from my point of view, I often wonder, why are we there? What is the strategic importance? Is it to battle radical islam and attempt to keep it in check? Or is it to keep a foothold in that area in case something horrible happens, like a nuclear attack? Or is it just a great place for us to test out new weapons and combat techniques?

I've also wondered what would happen if we just pulled out entirely. Let the rag heads have it. Let them kill each other until there isn't a man left standing. Just drop in a few million guns and ammo and let 'em have at it, and if they ever attacked us again on American soil, then go in like gang busters and do the "shock and awe" again, level the damn joint and LEAVE... have a nice day... attack us again and we'll do the same over again, and no, we're not staying and nation building, and no, we're not giving you any money.Pick a year. Religion. Money. Control. Stop communism. Now it's stop radical Islam which we are doing a piss poor job of.

Nations like Iran NEED to be controlled more than North Korea. Iran and Turkey are the two biggest dangers in the ME and we are studiously avoiding confrontation with both.

This is what I don't get about the topic. Trump has done NOTHING about Russian or Turkish aggression, and the Turks flat out threatened us. Yet he'll bully our allies. THAT is some f-d up math.

Kathianne
07-19-2018, 09:28 PM
Pick a year. Religion. Money. Control. Stop communism. Now it's stop radical Islam which we are doing a piss poor job of.

Nations like Iran NEED to be controlled more than North Korea. Iran and Turkey are the two biggest dangers in the ME and we are studiously avoiding confrontation with both.

This is what I don't get about the topic. Trump has done NOTHING about Russian or Turkish aggression, and the Turks flat out threatened us. Yet he'll bully our allies. THAT is some f-d up math.

and that is what leads to the 'liking strongmen' meme. It's beyond, 'Well he's our bastard, so. . .' He seems to relate and that's not a good message, imo.

Gunny
07-19-2018, 09:34 PM
and that is what leads to the 'liking strongmen' meme. It's beyond, 'Well he's our bastard, so. . .' He seems to relate and that's not a good message, imo.I caught that statement when you posted it. I was considering this as well: he seems to not screw with anyone that won't take any crap off him. That doesn't look good either, but the thought came to mind.

So far he's "beat up on" a 3rd rate dictator with one bullet in his Barney Fife revolver, and a bunch of weak-kneed Euro's who'd be speaking German or Russian if not for us but are rather inept on their own.

High_Plains_Drifter
07-19-2018, 09:49 PM
I caught that statement when you posted it. I was considering this as well: he seems to not screw with anyone that won't take any crap off him. That doesn't look good either, but the thought came to mind.

So far he's "beat up on" a 3rd rate dictator with one bullet in his Barney Fife revolver, and a bunch of weak-kneed Euro's who'd be speaking German or Russian if not for us but are rather inept on their own.
So what would you do different?

Kathianne
07-19-2018, 10:00 PM
So what would you do different?

I'm just trying to have a conversation, perhaps bring up a few points to ponder, I don't expect agreement or concessions. You've repeatedly written that 'you would too or I'd be more belligerent or the lying pusbags deserve it,' I'm not criticizing that, but you are not President, I think it takes a special kind...

Same with 'what would you do different?' Gunny isn't president, though he'll probably respond with something reasonable.

Truth is, most of the time that is a very, very tough job. In spite of all the 'drain the swamp' memes, bureaucrats are needed for expertise-it's too big of a job. Not just for President, also for Generals, Cabinet Members, Ambassadors, they NEED the expertise. Ask Darin, without all those folks that send all their specialized bits of information up the chain, the Generals wouldn't do what they do.

Ignoring the analysed and synthesized conclusions is probably not the brightest move in 99.9% of the cases. Is it infallible? Of course not. Yet when it comes to major powers, it's usually pretty darn close.

BTW, WMD were found in Iraq, which is the meme from the right the past few days regarding how 'corrupt' the intel services are. I'm not defending them at all, like Jim I've been critical of them for years. The difference is I want they reformed, not abolished because they've become way too political. I hope those that are under investigation, some indictments, are prosecuted.

High_Plains_Drifter
07-19-2018, 10:02 PM
I'm just trying to have a conversation, perhaps bring up a few points to ponder, I don't expect agreement or concessions. You've repeatedly written that 'you would too or I'd be more belligerent or the lying pusbags deserve it,' I'm not criticizing that, but you are not President, I think it takes a special kind...

Same with 'what would you do different?' Gunny isn't president, though he'll probably respond with something reasonable.

Truth is, most of the time that is a very, very tough job. In spite of all the 'drain the swamp' memes, bureaucrats are needed for expertise-it's too big of a job. Not just for President, also for Generals, Cabinet Members, Ambassadors, they NEED the expertise. Ask Darin, without all those folks that send all their specialized bits of information up the chain, the Generals wouldn't do what they do.

Ignoring the analysed and synthesized conclusions is probably not the brightest move in 99.9% of the cases. Is it infallible? Of course not. Yet when it comes to major powers, it's usually pretty darn close.

BTW, WMD were found in Iraq, which is the meme from the right the past few days regarding how 'corrupt' the intel services are. I'm not defending them at all, like Jim I've been critical of them for years. The difference is I want they reformed, not abolished because they've become way too political. I hope those that are under investigation, some indictments, are prosecuted.
I just asked... what the hell is wrong with that? I'm frickin' curious. Is that alright? For Christ sake... have a cow.

Kathianne
07-19-2018, 10:07 PM
I just asked... what the hell is wrong with that? I'm frickin' curious. Is that alright? For Christ sake... have a cow.

No cow. It just seems when trying to discuss, not agree, not demand a thing, you ask a question that there's no right answer to. It seems like a deflection, rather than conversation.

The person doesn't have to take up your query, but there's a tendency for others to go, "Gee, you got 'em! Damn liberal, Trump haters!"

Black Diamond
07-19-2018, 10:07 PM
:laugh:

Gunny
07-19-2018, 10:08 PM
So what would you do different?That's a loaded question. First thing I WOULDN'T do is have meeting that I knew up front was going nowhere and would accomplish nothing. What was accomplished? "We'll have another meeting.":rolleyes: AND the leftwingnut media from every Western nation with a typewriter taking apart his every word and twisting them around.

What did Putin say. do or promise? Nothing. As usual.

Kathianne
07-19-2018, 10:10 PM
That's a loaded question. First thing I WOULDN'T do is have meeting that I knew up front was going nowhere and would accomplish nothing. What was accomplished? "We'll have another meeting.":rolleyes: AND the leftwingnut media from every Western nation with a typewriter taking apart his every word and twisting them around.

I wish we could be as certain of our President doing the same.

Gunny
07-19-2018, 10:15 PM
I wish we could be as certain of our President doing the same.
:laugh: True enough. He's probably on Twitter now :laugh:

Kathianne
07-19-2018, 10:19 PM
:laugh: True enough. He's probably on Twitter now :laugh:

I can handle his tweets much more than what he says behind doors. The following is written by someone who mostly supports Trump, but not uncritically. In this case I agree that there's something to be said for 'verbal promises' becomes a he said, he said. Not really enforceable.

Problem is, no one, even his own advisers are ever sure of what he says or means.

https://hotair.com/archives/2018/07/19/republicans-democrats-wonder-just-trump-putin-agree-helsinki/

Republicans, Democrats Wonder: Just What Did Trump And Putin Agree To In Helsinki?ED MORRISSEYPosted at 2:01 pm on July 19, 2018

High_Plains_Drifter
07-21-2018, 02:33 PM
No cow. It just seems when trying to discuss, not agree, not demand a thing, you ask a question that there's no right answer to. It seems like a deflection, rather than conversation.

The person doesn't have to take up your query, but there's a tendency for others to go, "Gee, you got 'em! Damn liberal, Trump haters!"
It was a fair question.

Seems to me that if you're going to criticize someone for doing something, then you must have a reason why you did, and also have an idea what you'd do different.

High_Plains_Drifter
07-21-2018, 02:39 PM
That's a loaded question. First thing I WOULDN'T do is have meeting that I knew up front was going nowhere and would accomplish nothing. What was accomplished? "We'll have another meeting.":rolleyes: AND the leftwingnut media from every Western nation with a typewriter taking apart his every word and twisting them around.

So... president Trump was just stupid, in your opinion, to meet with Putin at all, and any future meetings are equally as stupid?

He just can't win with either you or Kathy. Anything he does is stupid with both of you.

And in one post, his tweets are irrelevant, and now they are?

You two despise the hell otta him, we get him, you're entitled to your opinions and no one is bashing you for that, but the good things he's done that have made HISTORY are just... poo-poo... so what... he makes stupid tweets so we hate him.

Kathianne
07-21-2018, 03:07 PM
So... president Trump was just stupid, in your opinion, to meet with Putin at all, and any future meetings are equally as stupid?

He just can't win with either you or Kathy. Anything he does is stupid with both of you.

You two despise the hell otta him, we get him, you're entitled to your opinions and no one is bashing you for that, but the good things he's done that have made HISTORY are just... poo-poo... so what... he makes stupid tweets so we hate him.

Not sure why you chose to drag me into this, I get enough negatives on my own merits. I had nothing against Trump meeting with Putin, it's how he acted at the press conference I had a problem with. His tweets are mostly nothing, until they aren't; even when they cross the line it seems even his Cabinet have decided that they won't take them too far.

With a few exceptions, the Helsinki being one, I've not had all that much negative to say about Trump, other than I find his character and behaviors unacceptable TO ME to support the man with my vote. Now if you want, I can list more of the exceptions, but I don't go out of my way to bash him. What I don't get for the most part, are people that have always written about how important morality and character are to them, that suddenly say it doesn't matter at all.

High_Plains_Drifter
07-21-2018, 03:10 PM
Not sure why you chose to drag me into this...
Then why are you replying to me to a comment I made to Gunny?

I replied to a comment you made to me, why didn't you reply to that?

Kathianne
07-21-2018, 03:24 PM
Then why are you replying to me to a comment I made to Gunny?

I replied to a comment you made to me, why didn't you reply to that?

I did. You didn't like the answer.

High_Plains_Drifter
07-21-2018, 03:38 PM
I did. You didn't like the answer.
Then why didn't you quote that conversation instead of my reply to Gunny?

You don't like my answers either.

Kathianne
07-21-2018, 03:45 PM
Then why didn't you quote that conversation instead of my reply to Gunny?

You don't like my answers either.

You threw me into your problem with Gunny.

I don't have time right now to read all the posts going back and forth, I try to catch those directed at myself and even miss those once in awhile.

Gunny
07-21-2018, 03:50 PM

You two despise the hell otta him, we get him, you're entitled to your opinions and no one is bashing you for that, but the good things he's done that have made HISTORY are just... poo-poo... so what... he makes stupid tweets so we hate him.See my response, other thread, same basic subject. Stating a decision is stupid is NOT stating the person is stupid.

Do I consider it poor judgement on Trump's part? At THAT given time on THAT issue? Yep. What did he or the US get out of it? Nothing. Seems like the only winners were Putin and the World's MSM. I'd call that a bad deal.

Gunny
07-21-2018, 04:00 PM

You two despise the hell otta him, we get him, you're entitled to your opinions and no one is bashing you for that, but the good things he's done that have made HISTORY are just... poo-poo... so what... he makes stupid tweets so we hate him.I missed the second half of this first time around. I don't despise Trump. I find his personal behavior unacceptable. I don't like braggarts. I don't like bullies. I don't care for people that just have to say something no matter how dumb, irrelevant or off-the-wall just to be hearing their tongue rattle against the roof of their mouth.

None of which has anything to do with my professional opinion of him as a professional. Don't know how they do it in the Air Force, bu my personal opinion got checked at the door every morning at 0630. We weren't issued one, and all one's personal baggage ever did was f*ck things up.

Why some choose to act as if I am speaking about them personally when I'm speaking of Trump beats the Hell out of me. If any of you IS Trump, everything I've said about Donald Trump stands. I don't say anything I wouldn't say to his face. But since none of you ARE Donald Trump, lighten the fuck up. Geez:rolleyes:

Kathianne
07-21-2018, 04:13 PM
I missed the second half of this first time around. I don't despise Trump. I find his personal behavior unacceptable. I don't like braggarts. I don't like bullies. I don't care for people that just have to say something no matter how dumb, irrelevant or off-the-wall just to be hearing their tongue rattle against the roof of their mouth.

None of which has anything to do with my professional opinion of him as a professional. Don't know how they do it in the Air Force, bu my personal opinion got checked at the door every morning at 0630. We weren't issued one, and all one's personal baggage ever did was f*ck things up.

Why some choose to act as if I am speaking about them personally when I'm speaking of Trump beats the Hell out of me. If any of you IS Trump, everything I've said about Donald Trump stands. I don't say anything I wouldn't say to his face. But since none of you ARE Donald Trump, lighten the fuck up. Geez:rolleyes:

It's strange to me, it seems that if you disagree with anything about Trump's decisions, (other than the tweets, sort of), you HATE him! I got to say, I've never loved or hated a politician-ever. Never been close like that.

Gunny
07-21-2018, 04:45 PM
It's strange to me, it seems that if you disagree with anything about Trump's decisions, (other than the tweets, sort of), you HATE him! I got to say, I've never loved or hated a politician-ever. Never been close like that.I've been trying to think of something or someone I actually hate. Hate requires an emotional investment. One I learned doesn't work well with a loaded rifle in your hand.

I DO have a personal little hate list I try to pretend isn't there but it is reserved for a few very special people, more for what they have done than them personally. Trump ain't even on the radar.

Yeah, I don't get the personal investment to point of adulation. Certainly not for a politician.

Kathianne
07-21-2018, 04:51 PM
I've been trying to think of something or someone I actually hate. Hate requires an emotional investment. One I learned doesn't work well with a loaded rifle in your hand.

I DO have a personal little hate list I try to pretend isn't there but it is reserved for a few very special people, more for what they have done than them personally. Trump ain't even on the radar.

Yeah, I don't get the personal investment to point of adulation. Certainly not for a politician.

My ex made my 'hate list' as a solo for years, when I realized it was hurting me, not him, I let it go. Only person that qualified for the word, 'hate.' LOL!

Gunny
07-21-2018, 05:13 PM
My ex made my 'hate list' as a solo for years, when I realized it was hurting me, not him, I let it go. Only person that qualified for the word, 'hate.' LOL!There are two threads discussing the same thing so I just guess at which one to post in.

Something else that has come to mind concerns a lot of people saying they aren't the ones who have changed. Which of course got me to thinking back over the years.

GWB pissed me off more than twice. First, when he had both Houses of Congress and wanted to "get along" with Harry Reid :rolleyes: He wouldn't sign anything into law, just passed EOs; which, of course we know Obama later walked all over. The next thing was invading Iraq. I went totally high and to the right, on the board, all of us posted on it (for the most part), and no one said a thing. Well, except the lefties who just wanted to bash Bush and jumped on the bandwagon because I had an actual argument with facts, experience and all that junk. I didn't get jumped on like the last bird out of Saigon. Think THAT Presidential decision didn't have a far-reaching effect? Everything wrong in the ME now is a direct result of toppling Saddam Hussein from power. Yes, Obama made it worse for whoever is going to say that but it's an irrelevant point to the initial decision.

Point is, there was none of this "you hate Bush" bullshit. People either disagreed, or didn't respond. No one was accused of having "BDS". People weren't getting beside themselves in anger and self-righteousness acting like to insult Bush was to insult them.

So what the Hell happened? Especially if everyone's still the same?

High_Plains_Drifter
07-21-2018, 05:15 PM
You threw me into your problem with Gunny.

I don't have time right now to read all the posts going back and forth, I try to catch those directed at myself and even miss those once in awhile.
I didn't throw you into ANYTHING. You DO like to rag on Trump, do you not?

Gunny
07-21-2018, 05:31 PM
I didn't throw you into ANYTHING. You DO like to rag on Trump, do you not?The only "ragging" going on is on those who dare take the Lord's name in vain:rolleyes:

Black Diamond
07-21-2018, 05:37 PM
The only "ragging" going on is on those who dare take the Lord's name in vain:rolleyes:
:lol:

High_Plains_Drifter
07-21-2018, 05:39 PM
I don't like bullies. I don't care for people that just have to say something no matter how dumb, irrelevant or off-the-wall just to be hearing their tongue rattle against the roof of their mouth.
Then it would be safe to assume you don't like the way the radical, unhinged democrat propaganda wing has been treating our president, because that is EXACTLY what they've been doing.

High_Plains_Drifter
07-21-2018, 05:41 PM
The only "ragging" going on is on those who dare take the Lord's name in vain:rolleyes:
Get out the hip waders...

aboutime
07-21-2018, 08:08 PM
If the answer is yes. Then, I would like to know....JUST WHO here has ever had a private conversation with anyone else....YOU didn't want anyone else to hear, or know about?

Same goes for the President. All of this childish, leftist, ignorance being projected...If my memory serves me correctly....DID NOT TAKE PLACE, during Roosevelt's meetings with Churchill, and Stalin. Nor did anyone know when Eisenhower had a private meeting with Khrushev, or JFK, or Nixon with the leader of China, Carter with the Egyptian President Sadat, and Rabin, and the list goes on...YET, The Democrats NEVER demanded to know what was said in any of those meetings, to be made PUBLIC....as a means to EXPOSE the TRAITORS we called President??????