PDA

View Full Version : Police Use Bean Bag Rounds And K-9 To Subdue Armed Man

jimnyc
07-24-2018, 12:13 PM
No story attached, found it through a video site. I'll search for story as this is recent. OOps, ok, I found a story on it, attached at bottom.

Now the question running around on all the various video sites - WHY don't the police just use this method EVERY time that they need to subdue someone, whether that person is just wild, has a club, a knife, a gun or whatever.

I guess that's one of the reasons right off the bat, not knowing for sure right off the bat what the perpetrator is carrying for sure. And is the cop carrying a shotgun at his side - no obviously, and how quickly can he get to the shotgun if necessary? How quickly is the perp acting and is time a factor? If carrying a knife, does this person possibly have another weapon as well? Are any other civilians in danger? Do you have backup in case things go awry and time becomes a serious factor?

There is a reason that police use handguns and are taught to shoot for the mass. They aren't there to be nice and friendly with a perpetrator that is trying to harm others or the police themselves.

I agree that in a perfect world it sure would be nice to be able to prevent ALL loss of life in such incidents, but that's not always possible.

---

Police Use Bean Bag Rounds And K-9 To Subdue Armed Man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aU5V6oRKfc4

Police: Marshfield man arrested after chasing two people with a knife

MARSHFIELD – Police arrested a man after he allegedly chased two people with a knife in Marshfield.

Police arrested Patrick Langreck, 52, of Marshfield Friday after they say he chased two social workers out of his home with a knife and threw it at their vehicle when they got inside.

According to a release from Chief Rick Gramza, Langreck did not cooperate with officers from the Marshfield Police Department and started walking with the knife toward two officers in the 200 block of North Spruce Street in Marshfield.

According to the release, officers used bean bag rounds and a police dog to subdue Langreck before and arresting hime. He was taken to the Wood County Jail after medical clearance. The Marshfield Police Department is recommending four charges of recklessly endangering safety with the Wood County District Attorney.

https://www.marshfieldnewsherald.com/story/news/2018/07/22/marshfield-man-arrested-after-knife-incident/815677002/