PDA

View Full Version : Oh, So This Is Why Around Half Of Liberals Can't Stand Being Around Trump Supporters

jimnyc
07-25-2018, 02:27 PM
---

Intolerance: Oh, So This Is Why Around Half Of Liberals Can't Stand Being Around Trump Supporters

Liberals say they’re tolerant. They accept all peoples and ideas, right? Well, that doesn’t appear to be the case. I know we’ve heard this before: liberals are more likely to unfriend you on social media due to political differences. Now, in the Trump era, it seems they can’t stand even being around Trump voters at all. More specifically, nearly half of liberals feel that if a friend supported Trump, it would strain a friendship, according to a Pew study, whereas only 13 percent of Republicans feel the same about those who voted for Hillary Clinton. And part of that is due to the fact that liberals live in a bubble (via WaPo) [emphasis mine]:

The poll shows almost half of liberal Democrats — 47 percent — say that if a friend supported Trump, it would actually put a strain on their friendship. Among Democrats and Democratic-leaning voters more broadly, the number is 35 percent. White and more-educated Democrats are more likely to feel that it's tough to even be friends with a Trump supporter.

And while partisanship and tribalism are pretty bipartisan things in American politics today, Democrats are actually substantially less able to countenance friends who supported the wrong candidate: Just 13 percent of Republicans say a friend's support of Hillary Clinton would strain their relationship.

Part of the reason for the imbalance is likely that liberals tend to live in more homogeneous places and don't even associate with conservatives. Another Pew study last year showed a whopping 47 percent of people who planned to vote for Clinton didn't have any close friends who were Trump supporters. By contrast, 31 percent of Trump supporters said they didn't have any friends who backed Clinton.

[…]

One final data point from the new Pew study: 68 percent of Democrats and Democratic-leaning voters say they find it “stressful and frustrating” to talk to people who have a different opinion of Trump. About half — 52 percent — of Republican and GOP-leaning voters say the same.

Rest - https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2018/07/24/intolerance-around-half-of-liberals-cant-stand-being-around-trump-supporters-n2502722

Abbey Marie
07-25-2018, 03:41 PM
---

Intolerance: Oh, So This Is Why Around Half Of Liberals Can't Stand Being Around Trump Supporters

More specifically, nearly half of liberals feel that if a friend supported Trump, it would strain a friendship, according to a Pew study...

True, and I would revise to include anyone who suffers from TDS, whether liberal or not.

aboutime
07-25-2018, 03:49 PM
---

Liberals say they’re tolerant. They accept all peoples and ideas, right? Well, that doesn’t appear to be the case. I know we’ve heard this before: liberals are more likely to unfriend you on social media due to political differences. Now, in the Trump era, it seems they can’t stand even being around Trump voters at all. More specifically, nearly half of liberals feel that if a friend supported Trump, it would strain a friendship, according to a Pew study, whereas only 13 percent of Republicans feel the same about those who voted for Hillary Clinton. And part of that is due to the fact that liberals live in a bubble (via WaPo) [emphasis mine]:

Rest - https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2018/07/24/intolerance-around-half-of-liberals-cant-stand-being-around-trump-supporters-n2502722

We HAD neighbors across the street who were so-called Friends until Trump won. Since then, we have the PLAGUE, and are INVISIBLE, not to mention...IGNORED when we simply wave, and try to say Hello!
As far as we can tell. The world hasn't exploded, our address hasn't changed, and I have not become a member of any TERRORIST group....except for being a Veteran who voted for Trump.

Go figure?

Black Diamond
07-25-2018, 04:04 PM
We HAD neighbors across the street who were so-called Friends until Trump won. Since then, we have the PLAGUE, and are INVISIBLE, not to mention...IGNORED when we simply wave, and try to say Hello!
As far as we can tell. The world hasn't exploded, our address hasn't changed, and I have not become a member of any TERRORIST group....except for being a Veteran who voted for Trump.

Go figure?
Yup. Unfortunately I can relate.

Drummond
07-26-2018, 09:04 AM
---

By far the greatest intolerance comes from those on the Left.

The Left has zero respect for individual opinion. They seek to ensure that opinions are in lockstep with their own, by whatever means possible. Persuasion, if possible. PC imperatives in place, demonising opposing viewpoints, making alternative thinking unfashionable and ultimately socially unacceptable.

To them, Trump is a figure not to be tolerated. They expect others to automatically agree.

This is the extent of 'tolerance' the Left will ever show. If they had their way, opposing opinions would be snuffed out.

Gunny
07-26-2018, 04:04 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNddW2xmZp8