PDA

View Full Version : Trump vows government shutdown to force funding for border wall

jimnyc
07-29-2018, 01:32 PM
Quite frankly, I don't think he follows through, at least not fully. I would love to see that be the case, but he's simply bent too many times for me so far to believe he'll fully stand his ground. I think he'll do as he's doing now and then blame it on someone else when it doesn't get funded. And that very well may be the case, and better things to spend the money on, or less money - but then don't lay claim to something you won't actually claim. But one can hope.

---

Trump vows government shutdown to force funding for border wall

President Donald Trump threatened to shut down the government if lawmakers do not fully fund his proposed border wall and enact his immigration priorities.

https://i.imgur.com/zjCdY9k.png

Trump’s Sunday tweet is likely to spark a high stakes showdown with Democratic lawmakers who have pledged not to give in to his demands. The fight could lead right into the November midterm elections and put immigration as a centerpiece issue in the last stages of the campaign season.

Trump has long been frustrated by lack of effort to fully fund his proposed $25 billion wall along the U.S.-Mexico border. The White House originally tried to enact wall funding and immigration priorities by tying demands to an expiration of DACA. The DACA program allowed hundreds of thousands of illegal immigrants brought to the U.S. as children to remain in the U.S. and work without consequences.

http://dailycaller.com/2018/07/29/trump-border-wall-shut-down/

Noir
07-29-2018, 01:58 PM
How many Democrat votes is he looking for?

FakeNewsSux
07-29-2018, 06:32 PM
How many Democrat votes is he looking for?

He'll need at least 9 in the Senate.

FakeNewsSux
07-29-2018, 06:52 PM
Quite frankly, I don't think he follows through, at least not fully. I would love to see that be the case, but he's simply bent too many times for me so far to believe he'll fully stand his ground. I think he'll do as he's doing now and then blame it on someone else when it doesn't get funded. And that very well may be the case, and better things to spend the money on, or less money - but then don't lay claim to something you won't actually claim. But one can hope.

This might be an effort to fire up the base for the midterm elections. From what I understand there is already some construction taking place with the money that was already allocated in this year's budget. Don't you find it interesting that President Trump is having such a hard time coming up $20-$30 billion for a border wall while The Dear Leader was able to slap $140 billion in the Ayatollah's back pocket in a moments notice without anyone's approval?

Noir
07-30-2018, 01:28 AM
He'll need at least 9 in the Senate.

So that’s a 0% chance then.

Drummond
07-30-2018, 10:21 AM
So that’s a 0% chance then.

.. and I'm sure you like that prospect, eh, Noir.

No doubt this will become a more prominent issue, if (as I expect he will) Trump carries out his threat. Then, it'll be a case of 'will I get the funding, or will I be forced to renege on an election pledge, against my - AND THE VOTERS' - wishes' ?

Who'll ultimately decide the issue of what happens ? The President, and The People who democratically elected him .. or .. a disapproving mob, working AGAINST the electorate ?

Tell us which you'd prefer, Noir ...

Noir
07-30-2018, 10:26 AM
.. and I'm sure you like that prospect, eh, Noir.

No doubt this will become a more prominent issue, if (as I expect he will) Trump carries out his threat. Then, it'll be a case of 'will I get the funding, or will I be forced to renege on an election pledge, against my - AND THE VOTERS' - wishes' ?

Who'll ultimately decide the issue of what happens ? The President, and The People who democratically elected him .. or .. a disapproving mob, working AGAINST the electorate ?

Tell us which you'd prefer, Noir ...

The checks and balances of the Executive have been worn thinner and thinner over the years, so it’s pleasant that some level of resistance can be applied by the Legislature.

For what it’s worth the people who he is asking to change their votes were also elected, and have constituents that they represent.

pete311
07-30-2018, 02:13 PM
Republicans control congress and the executive branch and threaten to stop gov. lol, winning!

Elessar
07-30-2018, 03:08 PM
Are any of these complainers to securing our borders and enforcing our
LAWS willing to take in and house illegal immigrants? Do you like
having citizens of the USA seeing tax dollars in the millions spent in supporting
law breakers?

Yes, Illegal....law-breakers!

Go ahead complainers....house them, feed them, clothe them, get them free medical care,
and free education. But do that out of your own pocket...not everyone else's.

Tired of explaining immigration law to whining liberals. YOU pay for them then; however,
do you even pay taxes or avoid it somehow?

pete311
07-30-2018, 07:12 PM
Are any of these complainers to securing our borders and enforcing our
LAWS willing to take in and house illegal immigrants? Do you like
having citizens of the USA seeing tax dollars in the millions spent in supporting
law breakers?

Yes, Illegal....law-breakers!

Go ahead complainers....house them, feed them, clothe them, get them free medical care,
and free education. But do that out of your own pocket...not everyone else's.

Tired of explaining immigration law to whining liberals. YOU pay for them then; however,
do you even pay taxes or avoid it somehow?

How's the border going to stop the 600k+ European illegal immigrants. Never hear you talk about them. Not racist right?

Black Diamond
07-30-2018, 11:30 PM
Republicans control congress and the executive branch and threaten to stop gov. lol, winning!
They have more than 60 senators? When did this happen ?

Elessar
07-31-2018, 12:00 AM
How's the border going to stop the 600k+ European illegal immigrants. Never hear you talk about them. Not racist right?

Explain the 'racist'....3 races....Causation, Negroid, and Asian.

Explain the facts on 600k+ plus Europeans, a point and figure never spoken of
in ANY media.

Explain the influx over the southern border of hispanics and criminals, numbering into the
millions the past 9 years.

Got room in your garage for a dozen or so? Pay for them out of your own pocket.

darin
07-31-2018, 01:05 AM
what I don't get....

Trump got his Defense budget additions. Send the Billions to the Corps of Engineers and bam! they build the wall. easy-peasy.

High_Plains_Drifter
07-31-2018, 09:34 AM
I can't find a link to a story, but I heard that Turtle McConnell said there wasn't going to be any wall funding in this next bill.

I hope Trump does stick it right back on Turtle face and shut the works down. Tell them the ONLY thing I will sign WILL have wall funding, and let the fucking stand off begin, shut the place down. See how the republicans think that'll help them come November, NOT supporting a very popular president that RAN on building a wall.

He told them when he signed the last omnibus abortion with no wall funding that he WOULDN'T do it again. Apparently they're not listening.

Noir
07-31-2018, 09:37 AM
what I don't get....

Trump got his Defense budget additions. Send the Billions to the Corps of Engineers and bam! they build the wall. easy-peasy.

Are defence budgets allocated?

High_Plains_Drifter
07-31-2018, 09:48 AM
Are defence budgets allocated?
Not all of it.

High_Plains_Drifter
07-31-2018, 09:56 AM
... I expect to see a DECLINE in his APPROVAL NUMBERS if this is true...

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/399634-trump-privately-agreed-to-delay-border-wall-fight-despite-publicly

I'm beginning to hate the majority of republicans almost as much as I hate the democrats, for different reasons than why I hate democrats, but these shysters in Washington are more concerned with hanging onto their POWER than ANYTHING, and I mean ANYTHING, ELSE. They just turn my fucking stomach, this ESTABLISHMENT in Washington that's more beholding to LOBBYISTS than the American people, that LIE like RUGS to get elected and then do virtually NOTHING of what they said.

Then along comes Trump who HAS done much of what he said he'd do, EXCEPT what he OBVIOUSLY can't do ALONE as president, he's being held back by his OWN PARTY, although his approval numbers are GOOD and the establishment's are in the TOILET... SINGLE DIGITS.

As Ellesar pointed out, how was it the kenyan dog turd was able to come up with $150 BILLION DOLLARS, in CASH no less, at the drop of a hat and have it loaded onto planes and flown to Iran in the middle of the night, and Trump can't even drum up a MEASLY $20 billion to BUILD A BORDER WALL?

FakeNewsSux
07-31-2018, 12:49 PM

A border wall won't stop them, that job belongs to ICE. Oh, that's right, the left wants to abolish ICE. So it looks like the ORG's (Original Racist Gangstas) the Democrat leftists, are once again protecting their own criminals.

High_Plains_Drifter
07-31-2018, 01:33 PM
A border wall won't stop them, that job belongs to ICE. Oh, that's right, the left wants to abolish ICE. So it looks like the ORG's (Original Racist Gangstas) the Democrat leftists, are once again protecting their own criminals.
... for VOTES!

They'll use whatever corrupt means they see as fit to hang onto power... America be damned... they don't care.

Elessar
07-31-2018, 06:26 PM

... for VOTES!

They'll use whatever corrupt means they see as fit to hang onto power... America be damned... they don't care.

There is a difference between ICE and the Border Patrol:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._Immigration_and_Customs_Enforcement

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Border_Patrol

ICE serves warrants and arrest illegals already being housed and working in the country. Usually
they are paid under the table. They also root out MS-13 and other gangs and arrest them as well.

Border Patrol does just that. Patrols the borders and points of entry.

liberals have no concept of accuracy or distinction between the two.

LongTermGuy
08-01-2018, 01:23 AM

A lot more "winning" than Failed obama and weak corrupt Hillary...And no help from the left and Globalist Never Trumper repub fools....and still Trump was able to do so much already....So ya shut the Gov DOWN....!

This is why the left is so scared of DonaldTrump (https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump)
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dje0WKXUwAAsTZs.jpg

`Barack Obama is eating his words right now because Trump just brought jobs back`

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7CoUF51qVM