PDA

View Full Version : Milk comes from cows. Milk is Dairy, cows are not. And other questions

darin
07-31-2018, 01:42 AM
Why? Milk is produced directly from the bloodstream of cows. The blood also helps create the meat. Milk is beef, of sorts, ergo, Beef is Dairy.

Why do we call milk, milk, unless it comes from humans then it's 'breast milk'? Milk - which is a really strange word if said high, or slowly - is what mammals feed their young. We never say 'udder milk' when referring to cows.

Why do we eat pizza and pies from the inside out? Not crust-first like a sandwich.

And you've been opening bananas wrong:

https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-1c9825964c1cb77c746280da19be6682-c

SassyLady
07-31-2018, 05:28 AM
Are you bored?

CSM
07-31-2018, 05:48 AM
Are you bored?

nope....he's just nuts

SassyLady
07-31-2018, 06:02 AM
nope....he's just nuts

I find myself in that place at various times!

darin
07-31-2018, 06:12 AM
you pick on me because you care. :)

High_Plains_Drifter
07-31-2018, 07:46 AM
One time on our farm, we raised a big black cow for butcher. Poor thing was kept in a back corner stall in our barn, just fed to be fattened up for slaughter. One day when we came home from school "Blackie" was gone. We all knew what had happened to her. A short time later we were having a beef roast for dinner and my older sister asked, "is this Blackie?" None of us could eat it. We had all grown to fond of her.

darin
07-31-2018, 08:26 AM
^^ That breaks my heart.

High_Plains_Drifter
07-31-2018, 08:53 AM
^^ That breaks my heart.
I hear ya. I couldn't do it now either. I have enough land here and I'm in the township so, I could fence in a spot and raise a pig or cow, but it would turn into a pet. I'd never be able to have it slaughtered so there's no use even thinking about it.

Noir
07-31-2018, 08:55 AM
Cows are great pets, same with pigs - Very social and compassionate animals.

SassyLady
07-31-2018, 05:38 PM
One day a young bull appeared in the neighbor's (young kid) pasture and I asked his bull's name. Neighbour said "Dinner". I chuckled and said then you need to castrate him soon. That bull would follow me up and down the fence when I was working in the yard and kept getting bigger and bigger. Then he started getting feisty and uncontrollable.

After a visit to Arizona I came home to an empty pasture. Asked neighbor about Dinner. Said he a had butcher come out. The butcher shot the bull, hung him from hook right there in pasture and butchered him.

The neighbor said it was toughest meat he ever had, and had no idea about the process. He was shocked ... Said never again.

Abbey Marie
08-01-2018, 10:56 AM
One day a young bull appeared in the neighbor's (young kid) pasture and I asked his bull's name. Neighbour said "Dinner". I chuckled and said then you need to castrate him soon. That bull would follow me up and down the fence when I was working in the yard and kept getting bigger and bigger. Then he started getting feisty and uncontrollable.

After a visit to Arizona I came home to an empty pasture. Asked neighbor about Dinner. Said he a had butcher come out. The butcher shot the bull, hung him from hook right there in pasture and butchered him.

The neighbor said it was toughest meat he ever had, and had no idea about the process. He was shocked ... Said never again.

That’s disturbing.