PDA

View Full Version : We aren't ready for what's coming

SassyLady
07-31-2018, 05:39 AM
I'm prepped for many things but not this.

Clade X

A deadly disease with the potential to cause widespread loss of life around the world is coming. Whether it's manufactured or jumps to humans after spreading in animal species, that's considered a fact by infectious disease and bioterror experts.

The Clade X simulation, created by the Johns Hopkins Center for Health Security, shows how vulnerable the world is to the spread of a pandemic virus.
In that simulation, political experts from the US tried to figure out how to respond to the emergence of a new and deadly disease.
Despite being a "moderately contagious" and "moderately lethal" virus, at the end of the day — 20 months in simulated time — the virus would have killed 150 million people.
According to the scenario's creator, if efforts to create a vaccine continued to fail, a disease like that could kill 900 million, or more than 10% of the global population.

https://www.businessinsider.com/pandemic-virus-simulation-johns-hopkins-shows-vulnerability-2018-7

CSM
07-31-2018, 05:47 AM
The thing about simulations is they aren't real....

They are very dependent upon the variables one puts into them. Some variables are very subjective or unrealistic.

Anyway, sounds like a variation of the zombie apocalypse to me.

darin
07-31-2018, 06:13 AM
Marines and other forces have done Zombie FTX's in the past. :)

The worst thing about the zombie apocalypse is pretending i'm not kind of excited about it

SassyLady
07-31-2018, 06:23 AM
Marines and other forces have done Zombie FTX's in the past. :)

The worst thing about the zombie apocalypse is pretending i'm not kind of excited about it

Zombies are disgusting. :slap:

CSM
07-31-2018, 06:58 AM
Zombies are disgusting. :slap:

not to other zombies

High_Plains_Drifter
07-31-2018, 07:16 AM
Just one more reason why I live in a little town far away from any big cities. I have non perishable food stores, my own water well, my own septic system, my own electricity if needed, even wood to burn and a wood stove if needed. I hope I could survive for at least a few months without having to go anywhere.