PDA

View Full Version : Democrats Seeking 'Bumper Sticker' Campaign Slogan

stephanie
08-23-2007, 11:45 AM
Hummm. let me think..:coffee:

By Susan Jones
CNSNews.com Senior Editor
August 23, 2007

(CNSNews.com) - The Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee (DSCC) is seeking a "bumper sticker slogan" to carry it through the 2008 elections. The slogan also will appear on the DSCC Web site and campaign literature.

"We need a turn of phrase that really jumps out and tells you right off the bat what this election is all about," said James Carville in a message to Democrats.

Carville is credited with the famous phrase, "It's the Economy, Stupid," which apparently propelled the Clinton campaign to victory in 1992. (Less well known was the 1996 phrase, "Had Enough?")

In a message to DSCC supporters on Thursday, Carville said sometimes the best ideas come from people outside Washington. "Heck, come up with something good enough, I'll risk my own safety and put it on my wife's car," Carville said. (His wife Mary Matalin is a Republican and a former aide to Vice President Dick Cheney.)

The DSCC, a group that works to elect Democrats to the Senate, is urging Democrats to vote on its four suggestions -- "or create one of your own by midnight August 27."

The DSCC's suggestions include "W Is Out: Send the Right Wing With Him," "No Republicans Left Behind in D.C.," "What Have Republicans Done for You Lately," and "2006 Was Just the Beginning: More Dems in '08."

Carville says the 2008 election could be the biggest turning point in a generation -- if a Democrat wins the White House and is able to work with a Democrat-led House and Senate.

If that happens, "we can do some real good for this country," he said.
http://www.cnsnews.com/ViewPolitics.asp?Page=/Politics/archive/200708/POL20070823c.html

Dilloduck
08-23-2007, 12:45 PM
Hummm. let me think..:coffee:

By Susan Jones
CNSNews.com Senior Editor
August 23, 2007

(CNSNews.com) - The Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee (DSCC) is seeking a "bumper sticker slogan" to carry it through the 2008 elections. The slogan also will appear on the DSCC Web site and campaign literature.

"We need a turn of phrase that really jumps out and tells you right off the bat what this election is all about," said James Carville in a message to Democrats.

Carville is credited with the famous phrase, "It's the Economy, Stupid," which apparently propelled the Clinton campaign to victory in 1992. (Less well known was the 1996 phrase, "Had Enough?")

In a message to DSCC supporters on Thursday, Carville said sometimes the best ideas come from people outside Washington. "Heck, come up with something good enough, I'll risk my own safety and put it on my wife's car," Carville said. (His wife Mary Matalin is a Republican and a former aide to Vice President Dick Cheney.)

The DSCC, a group that works to elect Democrats to the Senate, is urging Democrats to vote on its four suggestions -- "or create one of your own by midnight August 27."

The DSCC's suggestions include "W Is Out: Send the Right Wing With Him," "No Republicans Left Behind in D.C.," "What Have Republicans Done for You Lately," and "2006 Was Just the Beginning: More Dems in '08."

Carville says the 2008 election could be the biggest turning point in a generation -- if a Democrat wins the White House and is able to work with a Democrat-led House and Senate.

If that happens, "we can do some real good for this country," he said.
http://www.cnsnews.com/ViewPolitics.asp?Page=/Politics/archive/200708/POL20070823c.html

They can still drag out "Anybody but Bush" :laugh2:

Abbey Marie
08-23-2007, 12:46 PM
How about, "We've screwed you before, we'll screw you again", alongside a picture of a cigar?

hjmick
08-23-2007, 01:01 PM
"We know nothing, NOTHING!"

Of course, both sides could use that one.

stephanie
08-23-2007, 01:14 PM
How about, "We've screwed you before, we'll screw you again", alongside a picture of a cigar?

:eek::lmao:

glockmail
08-23-2007, 01:14 PM
"Question Nothing"

nevadamedic
08-23-2007, 01:20 PM
"Another Pussy In The White House" Uhhhhh Im talking about Clinton's ummmm cat. :laugh2:

Kathianne
08-23-2007, 07:09 PM

Dang it, spreading message, again.

Abbey Marie
08-23-2007, 07:11 PM
Dang it, spreading message, again.

It's the thought. :)

Yurt
08-23-2007, 07:52 PM
How about:

Shout it out (http://www.shoutitout.com/)

;)

PostmodernProphet
08-23-2007, 08:32 PM
Democrats....the other white meat.....

nevadamedic
08-23-2007, 08:40 PM
"If you attack the Clintons publically make sure all your friends know your not planning on commiting suicide"

manu1959
08-23-2007, 08:42 PM
"our ideas are better"

"that won't work"

"we are smarter than you"

"liar"

oh i forgot one

Hypocrite

Abbey Marie
08-23-2007, 08:57 PM
"If you attack the Clintons publically make sure all your friends know your not planning on commiting suicide"

Would be funnier if it wasn't so true...

nevadamedic
08-23-2007, 09:02 PM

Yup, Hillary's long time lover and law partner and President Clinton aide turned up dead when he was about to turn on them and it was covered up nicely as a suicide.

nevadamedic
08-23-2007, 09:03 PM

Then other people who have testified against them have had visits from the IRS and other Government Agencies like Paula Jones..............

08-24-2007, 03:13 AM
A good Democrat campaign

If it moves tax it
If it keeps moving regulate it.
If it stops moving subsidize it.

Joe Steel
08-24-2007, 06:35 AM
We told you so.
This time vote Democratic.

PostmodernProphet
08-24-2007, 06:35 AM
Honk if you like our ideas....if we don't hear honks, we will change.....

JohnDoe
08-24-2007, 07:14 AM
SAY NO, TO LAWLESSNESS! SAY NO, TO REPUBLICANS!

VOTE Democratic!

--------------------------------------------------

HAD ENOUGH?

VOTE Democratic!

:D

glockmail
08-24-2007, 09:16 AM
We told you so.
This time vote Democratic. Will that size font fit on your Hummer? :poke: