PDA

View Full Version : Massive CA Wildfires

Elessar
08-05-2018, 12:32 PM
This is awful. the Responding fire teams are impressive:

http://kymkemp.com/2018/08/05/massive-mendocino-complex-now-fifth-largest-in-california-history-as-it-jumps-to-over-250000-acres-maps-videos-photos/

High_Plains_Drifter
08-05-2018, 12:53 PM
This is from July 9th. I'll tell ya, just another good reason to live in WI. I can't take that smoke... EVERY YEAR. The CA infection is just destroying the west.

http://wildfiretoday.com/2018/07/09/wildfire-smoke-map-july-9-2018/

aboutime
08-05-2018, 03:14 PM
Notice how Jerry Brown has asked for FEDERAL AID from the President he HATES...and the President declared those fire area's disaster's....sending Brown FEDERAL AID.

What IF....California does become it's OWN country, separate from the USA? Will Jerry still be asking for FEDERAL AID from Washington....or SACRAMENTO????:dance:

Elessar
08-05-2018, 07:27 PM
Notice how Jerry Brown has asked for FEDERAL AID from the President he HATES...and the President declared those fire area's disaster's....sending Brown FEDERAL AID.

What IF....California does become it's OWN country, separate from the USA? Will Jerry still be asking for FEDERAL AID from Washington....or SACRAMENTO????:dance:

You make a good point, AT.

However under the National Disaster Preparedness Plan....Brown did right!

California Dept of Forestry was the author of that kind of plan way back in 1972
with the fires above Santa Monica. After 9-11, George Bush adapted that military
Style mutual response into a mandated National Disaster Preparedness Plan.

It serves all well!

aboutime
08-05-2018, 09:31 PM
You make a good point, AT.

However under the National Disaster Preparedness Plan....Brown did right!

California Dept of Forestry was the author of that kind of plan way back in 1972
with the fires above Santa Monica. After 9-11, George Bush adapted that military
Style mutual response into a mandated National Disaster Preparedness Plan.

It serves all well!

How ODD does it seem to see TWO-FACED Jerry Brown, who hates the President, and IGNORES the law...asking for help from his ENEMY???? Hypocrisy runs rampant when the ALMIGHTY DOLLAR is involved.

Elessar
08-05-2018, 11:06 PM
How ODD does it seem to see TWO-FACED Jerry Brown, who hates the President, and IGNORES the law...asking for help from his ENEMY???? Hypocrisy runs rampant when the ALMIGHTY DOLLAR is involved.

Because for one, it is federal law.

The other is CA does not have two dimes to rub together that are not
illegal immigrant or homeless applied.

Other point is right. If he feels all that powerful, refuse the federal aid and let his
minus $135 billion economy that is totally in the tank, circling the drain....pay for it.

See how mighty CA really is..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jefferson_(proposed_Pacific_state)

SassyLady
08-07-2018, 03:53 AM
I have friends who lost everything in the 2017 Lake County fire. Other friends lost everything in the Santa Rosa Fire earlier this year. One of those friends from 2017 fire moved to another county after losing everything and rebuilding. Today he had to evacuate from his new place. My ex husband's house is safe for now, lives north of Redding, but he has already evacuated his horses.

I am so glad I moved to Arizona in 2015. It seems the whole state has been on fire for last 3 years.