PDA

View Full Version : 57 People Shot, 6 Fatally, in Chicago Over Weekend

jimnyc
08-06-2018, 12:25 PM
How many years now, have I alone been bringing up Chicago and murders, and why it doesn't get barely any attention in comparison to a police shooting. I fully understand that those can be perceived as much worse, or get the attention because it's a cop.

With that said though, where is the "black lives matter"? And I don't meany any specific group - but perhaps the black community in it's entirety. Sure, there are some that speak out, and that truly care. But you can have ONE shooting involving a cop somewhere else - and that easily gets more attention and more "matters" than in Chicago.

And I now support my original stances even more - which is that so much of the BLM crap is a reason to whine and bitch, which is more than fine - but then it's not even nearly supported equally. When whitey is involved, or a cop, then it's reason to care SO SO much about shootings. But if black on black shootings - then suddenly it doesn't matter. :rolleyes:

Now mind you - this is just ONE WEEKEND of shootings. And this is a repetitive problem. And while I see Chicago as currently the worst, this theme also plays out elsewhere.

---

57 People Shot, 6 Fatally, in Chicago Over Weekend

Since Friday at 5:00 p.m., 57 Chicagoans have been gunned down. Six residents have been killed.

The Chicago Tribune reports:

"We know that some of these incidents were targeted and are related to gang conflicts in those areas," said Chicago Police Chief of Patrol Fred Waller at a press conference Sunday afternoon.

Police said there was a "trauma lockdown" at Stroger Hospital with only immediate family members of victims are being allowed in the emergency room. A spokeswoman for Stroger Hospital disputes the police account.

"Over the past 24 hours, Stroger's trauma unit received an unusually high volume of patients. At no time did Stroger go on bypass or 'lockdown' its trauma unit," the spokeswoman said. "We are asking the families of trauma patients to limit visitation at this time to immediate family members only so staff may focus on patient care. "

Rest - https://pjmedia.com/trending/57-people-shot-6-fatally-in-chicago-over-weekend/

pete311
08-06-2018, 02:27 PM
This Chicago weekend was national news from what I could see. Gang bangers gonna gang bang.

BLM movement was founded to give attention to cop brutality. That is its specific purpose. Why would they comment on black on black gang bang violence?

jimnyc
08-06-2018, 02:37 PM
This Chicago weekend was national news from what I could see. Gang bangers gonna gang bang.

BLM movement was founded to give attention to cop brutality. That is its specific purpose. Why would they comment on black on black gang bang violence?

Interesting, I thought it was about black lives mattering.

But even in general, leave out any groups - the concern and media and all that jazz, not even comparable when you place in a police shooting - and the wild wild west that never seems to end in Chicago.

And this weekend.... Chicago is something that happens non-stop. A shame that it would take a weekend of 11 dead and well over 60 injured, to make the national news.

pete311
08-06-2018, 02:47 PM
Interesting, I thought it was about black lives mattering.

But even in general, leave out any groups - the concern and media and all that jazz, not even comparable when you place in a police shooting - and the wild wild west that never seems to end in Chicago.

And this weekend.... Chicago is something that happens non-stop. A shame that it would take a weekend of 11 dead and well over 60 injured, to make the national news.

Bad people hurting bad people is not really news unless in mass. Protectors hurting those they are supposed to protect is news. Have we become a little numb to gang violence. Yeah. Trust me, I live in "little chicago" ten blocks from very violent areas. I don't excuse it and I am sick of it.

jimnyc
08-06-2018, 02:52 PM
Bad people hurting bad people is not really news unless in mass. Protectors hurting those they are supposed to protect is news. Have we become a little numb to gang violence. Yeah. Trust me, I live in "little chicago" ten blocks from very violent areas. I don't excuse it and I am sick of it.

Try coming to NY, ain't exactly grand here. But wherever I live, I would want the law concentrated on, especially shootings and murders and such, and I would expect those laws and events to be treated equally, no matter the size or location.

pete311
08-06-2018, 03:09 PM
Try coming to NY, ain't exactly grand here. But wherever I live, I would want the law concentrated on, especially shootings and murders and such, and I would expect those laws and events to be treated equally, no matter the size or location.

The you better be ready for newspapers and television casts to get a lot bigger and longer if you want all events to be treated equally.

High_Plains_Drifter
08-06-2018, 04:12 PM
Those ultra strict, unconstitutional gun laws are working SOOOOOO well...

jimnyc
08-06-2018, 07:13 PM
Why I continually point out Chicago - because there's obviously non-stop shootings going on there. To be ignored, not enough room in the papers :rolleyes:

---

1,700 Shootings in Chicago Since January -- 318 People Killed

Over the weekend, 74 people were shot in Chicago and 11 died, and since January 1, 2018, there have been 1,700 shootings in the Windy City and 318 people have died by homicide, according to the Chicago Tribune, which tracks the attacks and murders.

For comparison, only 3 U.S. troops have been killed in Afghanistan this year so far. In Iraq, 12 U.S. soldiers have been killed this year, casualties.

As of Monday, Aug. 6, in Chicago, 318 people have been killed this year, reported the Chicago Tribune crime team. That is 110 fewer homicides than in 2017, for the same time period, Jan. 1 - Aug. 6. Last year, by this time, 428 people had been murdered in Chicago.

Rest - https://www.cnsnews.com/blog/michael-w-chapman/1700-shootings-chicago-january-318-people-killed

aboutime
08-06-2018, 09:01 PM
Black on Black shootings, all blamed on WHITE COPS by the Dumbest Mayor, and former OBAMA Community Organizer from ACORN. Where bullets are as plentiful as Crooks, and Votes.

FakeNewsSux
08-07-2018, 12:09 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h--zr5s6dXQ

If President Trump could consistently peel off 15%-20% of the black vote from the Democrats, they would never win another election. This might however piss the Dems off enough to reinstate their lynching campaigns of years past. But the black population might be OK. After a period of adjustment they would probably learn to shoot at bigoted Democrats instead of each other.

Gunny
08-07-2018, 08:09 AM
Try coming to NY, ain't exactly grand here. But wherever I live, I would want the law concentrated on, especially shootings and murders and such, and I would expect those laws and events to be treated equally, no matter the size or location.Reality: All the law can do unless it gets lucky (stars lined up right,etc) is investigate who murdered you. The whole notion that laws/the law (police) are there to protect them is in no way connected to the reality of "how it is".