PDA

View Full Version : Immigration vs Illegal Immigration

jimnyc
08-07-2018, 09:52 AM
From day one - folks aka liberals, have changed any and all talk about ILLEGAL immigrants to just immigrants, which is of course folks ARE NOT railing against. I don't know if they are that stupid and can't comprehend the difference, or if they purposely block it out, change it, and try to use it to their advantage, but implying all those on the right are against immigration in general.

And this is because they KNOW there is a huge difference and they KNOW which is being complained about and causing all the issues. But muddy the waters in any way you can. :rolleyes:

And here's one who understands the difference. Those who previously entered the country in a LEGAL manner fully understand, and expect future folks to do the same as them. But anyone else? You're a racist. And that's mainly used as they have a lack of an argument, by far.

---

I’m an immigrant — and Trump is right on immigration

When Guyanese-born NEIL GOUVEIA immigrated to New York at age 7, his mother made a devastating decision to leave one child behind to expedite the family exodus. Six years later, they became US citizens. Now 39, gay and newly conservative, Gouveia takes a tough, unpopular stance against those who cross the border illegally. He shared his story with The Post’s Susan Edelman.

You’ve heard news about families being separated at the US southern border. Legal immigrants have to deal with separation as well. My mother made her own “Sophie’s Choice.”

In Guyana back in 1986, an immigration officer broke the terrible news. After a three-year wait, my mother, Bassodai Gouveia, arrived at the US embassy in Georgetown to pick up visas for our family of nine to go live in America.

“Mrs. Gouveia, we can’t give you the visas,” he told my mom. “You have a sick child. If you brought her to the United States, it would be a huge government expense. And you can’t abandon her.”

When immigrants apply to come to America, they have to go through a complete physical. My sister, Vera, 9, had cerebral palsy. She couldn’t walk or talk and was mostly bed-bound. But she smiled and laughed. When I got a spanking for misbehaving, I would hug Vera, who was 17 months older than me, for comfort.

My mother walked away from the immigration officer, dejected, then suddenly turned around and went back: “Sir, I have an aunt who can take care of my child while we’re in America,” she told him, fibbing. (She actually had a friend who would look after Vera.)

It tore my mother apart, but she had to make a decision to leave Vera behind — or start the application process all over again. She had to sacrifice Vera to save the American dream for the rest of us — me and five kids from her previous marriage along with my father.

When we came to America, we lived in a basement apartment in the South Bronx. Mom and Dad had to hustle and get jobs. There was no time to relax. Dad, a customs official in Guyana, became a janitor. Mom, who had left school when her father died at age 9 to sell fruit, cleaned houses.

Rest - https://nypost.com/2018/08/04/im-an-immigrant-and-trump-is-right-on-immigration/

High_Plains_Drifter
08-08-2018, 06:46 PM
It's the DEMOCRAT NAME CHANGE GAME. They've been at that shit FOREVER. The biggest JOKE with this topic is when they call ILLEGAL ALIENS, undocumented immigrants... :laugh:

Never mind they're CRIMINALS for ILLEGALLY entering America, a sovereign nation with BORDERS, and never mind they weren't BORN HERE, and never mind they have no MONEY, and never mind they have no EDUCATION, and never mind they could be GANG BANGERS, and never mind they have NO INTENTION of EVER seeking LEGAL citizenship... never mind ANY of that, like LEGAL immigrants do.

I do NOT play the democrat name change game, never have, never will... and no one else should either.