PDA

View Full Version : Concealed carry guy murders man for shoving him

darin
08-07-2018, 12:03 PM
This makes me literally ill.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/clearwater-florida-stand-your-ground-shooting-markeis-mcglockton-parking-spot/

Watch the video.

STUPID man goes off because someone parked in a handicapped spot. There were no other cars in any of the closer spots.

So Stupid man confronts a woman - her boyfriend comes out and shoves stupid guy out of the way. Stupid guy sits there while shover stands there not doing anything.

Stupid guy thinks about it then fires into the shover.

Not racism - at least no proof.

But....

He should have minded his own business about the parking lot. He should have not gotten into the woman's face. He should have, upon being shoved - attempted to de-escalate the situation. The shover was NOT charging. NOT continuing to attack. At that point it was over.

Then dumb guy shot him.

:(

Breaks my heart.

LongTermGuy
08-07-2018, 01:06 PM
Many folks talked about this on other sites....IMO...Never know what a violent ...young "yes we can" shoving thug is gonna do next (the 45 year old guy thinking this while sitting on the ground) So many videos and suka punch attacks...and kicking from the past comes to mind....The older white guy was having a conversation with the "yes we can" lady....the violence started with the young "yes we can" thug......

....I dont feel the older white guy (sitting on the ground) was an MMA fighter or a boxer or even works out alot......Probably works for a living and aint got time for thug violence...one less shoving thug to worry about....One would think the thug...having kids with his baby momma would have thought about attacking strangers on the street...​Thugs dont think....

darin
08-07-2018, 01:14 PM
I think that's a cop-out. We don't get to kill someone over what we think they might do. We CAN kill someone if they are attacking us and we have a reasonable fear for our life. When somebody is standing there looking at me after he shoved me away from verbally assaulting another person, and he makes NO further move to attack me, I do NOT "get" to shoot him. I believe the white guy was LOOKING for an excuse.

White guy started it.

White guy saw the black man standing there doing nothing. Not making a MOVE towards him.

White guy thought about it.

White guy shot.

The white guy will always be a murder in my book.

aboutime
08-07-2018, 01:24 PM
They say little about BLACK on BLACK Killings, but one WHITE MAN defends himself, unaware of what might be coming after being pushed down. And EVERYBODY who is a Liberal member of BLACK LIVES MATTER, and former voters of OBAMA.....demand ACTION NOW????

More of the DOUBLE STANDARDS?

pete311
08-07-2018, 03:51 PM
Honestly I'm afraid to even use my horn any more, lest a nutjob road rages and murders me.

High_Plains_Drifter
08-07-2018, 04:28 PM
There's quite a bit wrong here. First off, the black woman says she's got a right to park where ever she wants. So typical of an entitled mentality black to think they're not subject to the same laws as everyone else, because no, she does not have the right to park where ever she wants. There's laws against parking in handicapped spaces unless you have a permit to do so, and it has to be displayed. Second, the old guy didn't get in anyone's face. He was just talking to the black woman from afar, wondering why she couldn't park somewhere else other than the handicapped when there's other open spaces all over. The guy looks rather frail also and could have a permit himself to use that space. Then mister black man comes out and shoves the older frail white guy a good shove who crashes to the ground. This act in itself is a Class A felony assault, and with that video, the old white guy could have put the young tough guy black man in prison. The black guy had no reason under the sun to attack that old man like that, none, zero. But after he shoved him the black guy was standing directly over the white guy grabbing the sides of his shorts as if to ready himself to either begin kicking the old man or continue beating him, but the old white guy drew that pistol pretty quick. That's when the black guy seemed to step back, could be that's when he got shot. But yes, I can see where this old white guy, after just being brutally shoved to the hard pavement by a young aggressive black man a hellova lot younger and stronger than him, still approaching near to him, really believed his life could be in danger.

aboutime
08-07-2018, 05:32 PM
Honestly I'm afraid to even use my horn any more, lest a nutjob road rages and murders me.

petey. You actually have a horn on your Tricycle?:laugh:

Black Diamond
08-07-2018, 05:48 PM
petey. You actually have a horn on your Tricycle?:laugh:
Probably one of those bells.

Gunny
08-07-2018, 09:17 PM
I think that's a cop-out. We don't get to kill someone over what we think they might do. We CAN kill someone if they are attacking us and we have a reasonable fear for our life. When somebody is standing there looking at me after he shoved me away from verbally assaulting another person, and he makes NO further move to attack me, I do NOT "get" to shoot him. I believe the white guy was LOOKING for an excuse.

White guy started it.

White guy saw the black man standing there doing nothing. Not making a MOVE towards him.

White guy thought about it.

White guy shot.

The white guy will always be a murder in my book.Agreed. In no stretch of the imagination is shooting under the circumstances justified. This is NOT responsible gun ownership/use.

darin
08-08-2018, 01:27 AM
There's quite a bit wrong here. First off, the black woman says she's got a right to park where ever she wants. So typical of an entitled mentality black to think they're not subject to the same laws as everyone else, because no, she does not have the right to park where ever she wants. There's laws against parking in handicapped spaces unless you have a permit to do so, and it has to be displayed. Second, the old guy didn't get in anyone's face. He was just talking to the black woman from afar, wondering why she couldn't park somewhere else other than the handicapped when there's other open spaces all over. The guy looks rather frail also and could have a permit himself to use that space. Then mister black man comes out and shoves the older frail white guy a good shove who crashes to the ground. This act in itself is a Class A felony assault, and with that video, the old white guy could have put the young tough guy black man in prison. The black guy had no reason under the sun to attack that old man like that, none, zero. But after he shoved him the black guy was standing directly over the white guy grabbing the sides of his shorts as if to ready himself to either begin kicking the old man or continue beating him, but the old white guy drew that pistol pretty quick. That's when the black guy seemed to step back, could be that's when he got shot. But yes, I can see where this old white guy, after just being brutally shoved to the hard pavement by a young aggressive black man a hellova lot younger and stronger than him, still approaching near to him, really believed his life could be in danger.

I think i see what you're saying, and i think that could be the case.

However, as responsible gun owners it's our duty to not seek ways to shoot someone.

The girlfriend's actions have nothing to do with the shooting. Taken at face value - getting pushed does not mean death for the pusher.

The point it became murder:

White man on the ground, gun drawn.

Black man starts backing up. One can even see the guy put his hands into his pockets briefly. Then when the gun comes out he starts backing up.

White man pauses, then fires.

Murder. Those are the base facts. I think it's unreasonable to think a man backing up is actively presenting a threat.

darin
08-08-2018, 01:45 AM

you're not wrong though. The USA especially has a large percentage (cant prove it) of absolute competitive assholes on the roads. Things like

"WHAT THE HELL??!! You didn't use your BLINKER!! OMG!!!" (Insert flashing brights, horns, brake checking if in front of the non-blinking car, birds-flipped).

(sigh).

Really wish the USA would outlaw blinkers and brake lights for 1 year. Would cull the heard of folks who are terrible drivers and make things safer thereafter.

SassyLady
08-08-2018, 01:49 AM
Darin .. stand your ground is about feeling as if your life is in imminent danger. Perhaps you would not have felt in imminent danger or many others on this forum. While I agree it escalated fast I was not there and not the one being threatened.

Florida’s “stand your ground” statute (http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&URL=0700-0799/0776/0776.html), in short, gives a person the right to use deadly force “if he or she reasonably believes that using or threatening to use such force is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another or to prevent the imminent commission of a forcible felony,” all without a “duty to retreat.”

darin
08-08-2018, 01:52 AM
Darin .. stand your ground is about feeling as if your life is in imminent danger. Perhaps you would not have felt in imminent danger or many others on this forum. While I agree it escalated fast I was not there and not the one being threatened.

I understand the law pretty well. What I also understand is the responsibility of gun-carriers to not panic and create false fear. The guy shot out of retaliation. Just look at the facts and not think about what we feel about the guy being pushed.

Facts are as I laid out.

SassyLady
08-08-2018, 01:57 AM
I understand the law pretty well. What I also understand is the responsibility of gun-carriers to not panic and create false fear. The guy shot out of retaliation. Just look at the facts and not think about what we feel about the guy being pushed.

Facts are as I laid out.

Yes, we do.

SassyLady
08-08-2018, 02:07 AM
Darin ... I'm a member of Well Armed Woman organization as was trained by military professional trainer.

Adaptive Firearms is unique because of our scientific approach to weapon and body manipulation. We are constantly reviewing training techniques and "doctrine" to determine a more scientific approach, based on how our body reacts to stress and how we utilize the body to be more bio-mechanically proficient. The courses we offer are designed to prepare the responsible adult gun owner or operator to handle their weapons in a safe and effective manner under all circumstances including under pressure. Shooting techniques and tactics are constantly changing. Adaptive Firearms focuses on the weapon manipulation, kinesiology and neuro science as it pertains to gun fighting. We believe the shooter must constantly evolve and adapt to constantly changing environments and threats.

http://www.disruptivetactical.com/about-us.html

High_Plains_Drifter
08-08-2018, 08:45 AM
I think i see what you're saying, and i think that could be the case.

However, as responsible gun owners it's our duty to not seek ways to shoot someone.

The girlfriend's actions have nothing to do with the shooting. Taken at face value - getting pushed does not mean death for the pusher.

The point it became murder:

White man on the ground, gun drawn.

Black man starts backing up. One can even see the guy put his hands into his pockets briefly. Then when the gun comes out he starts backing up.

White man pauses, then fires.

Murder. Those are the base facts. I think it's unreasonable to think a man backing up is actively presenting a threat.
Well, the black man had zero reason to push this old man to the hard pavement the way he did either. But the most important thing here is, we can't HEAR what's being said. The black woman didn't get out of her car until she saw her black man coming, then she got out and got in the old guys face. Why didn't the old guy get up after being viciously shoved to the pavement? Could it be because of what the black man was saying to him, "I'm gonna beat yo head in mutha fuckin' cracker?" The only reason the black guy was backing up was because he saw the old guy pull a gun. Had the old guy not pulled a gun, his beating probably wasn't over. Why didn't the black guy just get in his car and leave after he shoved the old guy down? Why was he still near him after he shoved him down? Surely not because he thought this old, frail white guy was still a threat. He had other intentions. The old guy had "already" been attacked for no reason, I think it's pretty safe for him to assume the attack might not be over, and it appears that's the way law enforcement sees it too. Had that black guy shoved a cop like that and then stood there like he wasn't done yet, I'm sure a cop would have put a slug in him too. You notice we don't get to hear the old guys story. We only hear the entitled black woman that thinks she can park where ever the hell she wants, because she thinks it's her right. I want to hear the old guys side. I want to hear what they were saying to him. That makes a big difference.

I see an old, weak man get brutally shoved to the hard pavement for no reason. That's class A assault. Anyone that will assault an older, weaker person like that, unprovoked, is a complete POS. What if that was your father he assaulted like that? Did the black guy deserve to get shot? Well, again, we can't hear what's being said there. The black dude might very well have been threatening to still beat this guy, so we really don't know. That is an important detail. But the simple fact of the matter here is, if you brutally attack someone older, weaker than you, the way this young, strong black man did, don't be surprised if you get SHOT. You can't just go around attacking people like that either. What if that old man had a Pace Maker? What if he had some other medical problems and being shoved like that could possibly be life threatening? We don't know.