PDA

View Full Version : Infowars - now Mailchimp and LinkedIn ban them

jimnyc
08-07-2018, 07:34 PM
Man, who did Jones piss off? Talk about something going on behind the scenes. I have no doubt that someone controls the strings here now, and they're making a targeted effort here. And if so, what will happen if someone else gets targeted in the future, and not just Jones?

Someone is censoring him, someone is shutting him up, and obviously doing a dang good job!

---

Infowars is Not Just Being Censored, Basic Business Infrastructure Now Being Stripped as MailChimp Bans Their Email

Infowars is not just being censored now, in the latest Totalitarian move against the outlet, Mail Chimp and LinkedIn have also banned them from using their services.

The leftist Big Tech mob isn’t content with just censorship — they are now targeting the outlet’s basic business infrastructure.

In a statement to the far-left activist website Media Matters for America, the email service made an exception to their rule about commenting on individual users or accounts.

“MailChimp doesn’t generally comment on individual users or accounts, but we’ll make an exception today. MailChimp notified Infowars that their accounts have been terminated for violating our Terms of Service, which make it clear that we don’t allow people to use our platform to disseminate hateful content,” the statement began. “We take our responsibility to our customers and employees seriously. The decision to terminate this account was thoughtfully considered and is in line with our company’s values.”

Infowars founder Alex Jones has compared the attacks to being sent to an “electronic ghetto.”

On Monday, Infowars was banned from Facebook, YouTube, and Pinterest as well as censored by Apple. The bans took place within hours of each other.

https://i.imgur.com/cKwO8Ks.png

The coordinated attack on Infowars from liberal media and Silicon Valley has raised many concerns about who gets to be the gatekeepers of what views and opinions are allowed online.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2018/08/infowars-is-not-just-being-censored-basic-business-infrastructure-now-being-stripped-as-mailchimp-bans-their-email/

pete311
08-07-2018, 09:14 PM
You love a good conspiracy story. Face it. He broke their rules. The platforms are just finding the guts to enforce them.

Gunny
08-07-2018, 09:25 PM
You love a good conspiracy story. Face it. He broke their rules. The platforms are just finding the guts to enforce them.So they'll be going after everyone with the same zeal? That means no more Dems, Hollyweirdo's or Millenials?

One could only hope. Fact is, he's been targeted. You know it. I know it. Anyone with a brain knows it. Why stick to the party line when it's SERIOUSLY infringing on freedom of speech? Some lefty YOU are, Pete.

jimnyc
08-07-2018, 09:26 PM
You love a good conspiracy story. Face it. He broke their rules. The platforms are just finding the guts to enforce them.

And what, 9, 10 or so major companies, all coincidentally just happen to ban his platform on the same day?

And yeah, he broke their rules. I think that makes ELEVEN times and counting now in threads where I have had to point out to some folks that OF COURSE they have the right to toss folks if they break their rules. Not sure how much clearer someone can be about an issue?

Come back to me when you build your comprehension skills. :)

At any rate, it's not the censoring or banning, but the oddness of so many major companies doing so at about the same time and day, IMO.

pete311
08-07-2018, 10:05 PM
And what, 9, 10 or so major companies, all coincidentally just happen to ban his platform on the same day?

And yeah, he broke their rules. I think that makes ELEVEN times and counting now in threads where I have had to point out to some folks that OF COURSE they have the right to toss folks if they break their rules. Not sure how much clearer someone can be about an issue?

Come back to me when you build your comprehension skills. :)

At any rate, it's not the censoring or banning, but the oddness of so many major companies doing so at about the same time and day, IMO.

It's security in numbers. Apple had the initial guts and as more companies took action it gave others the cover and confidence.

SassyLady
08-08-2018, 01:36 AM
Obama's OFA?

CSM
08-08-2018, 06:34 AM
It's security in numbers. Apple had the initial guts and as more companies took action it gave others the cover and confidence.

Because the mob is ALWAYS right...LOL

High_Plains_Drifter
08-08-2018, 09:44 AM
Exactly... because according to democrats, America is a democracy.

I smell Soros...

https://image.ibb.co/h6ksio/nazi_dems.jpg

pete311
08-08-2018, 09:56 AM

huh? InfoWars violated rules. The waterfall of banning was just because pressure was lifted from any one platform.

High_Plains_Drifter
08-08-2018, 09:58 AM
InfoWars violated rules.
How?

Link?

pete311
08-08-2018, 10:01 AM
How?

Link?

ugh, pick up a newspaper. It's been headline news, stop being lazy.
https://www.npr.org/2018/08/06/636030043/youtube-apple-and-facebook-ban-infowars-which-decries-mega-purge

Black Diamond
08-08-2018, 10:03 AM
Do you even have do violate rules? Can't they ban people or groups for no reason at all?

pete311
08-08-2018, 10:05 AM
Do you even have do violate rules? Can't they ban people or groups for no reason at all?

Why don't you read their terms of service to find out.

jimnyc
08-08-2018, 10:06 AM

Yup. But you know, how the left will come to the sites I have, and I was a NAZI and worse at times for enforcing rules. But now, it's aok to enforce such rules, but don't do so if it's a terrorist! They have rights too ya know. :laugh:

jimnyc
08-08-2018, 10:07 AM

Why don't you point out the specifics, instead of YOU habitually being lazy when it's YOU being called out on YOUR words?

pete311
08-08-2018, 10:09 AM
Why don't you point out the specifics, instead of YOU habitually being lazy when it's YOU being called out on YOUR words?

Why should I do all the work. You guys are asking the questions. Go find out yourself.

jimnyc
08-08-2018, 10:10 AM
Why should I do all the work. You guys are asking the questions. Go find out yourself.

Yup, as usual, talking out your ass based on what the lame news tells you - you can't even backup what YOU wrote when called on it.

We're used to it, Pete, don't worry your little self.

pete311
08-08-2018, 10:13 AM
Yup, as usual, talking out your ass based on what the lame news tells you - you can't even backup what YOU wrote when called on it.

We're used to it, Pete, don't worry your little self.

Jim wtf are you talking about. I have nothing to back up. BD asked a question and I said read the terms of service and now you ask me for specifics? Specifics of what?

High_Plains_Drifter
08-08-2018, 10:17 AM
ugh, pick up a newspaper. It's been headline news, stop being lazy.
https://www.npr.org/2018/08/06/636030043/youtube-apple-and-facebook-ban-infowars-which-decries-mega-purge
Ya... I get it, little pete.

Using inflammatory language against a muslim terrorist - bad, you'll be banned.
Using inflammatory language against president Trump, white men, Christians, conservatives, - GOOD, you'll be praised.

We know what's going on here. It's all over the internet. It's call DEMOCRAT FASCISM.

You're not fooling anyone, stop being stupid.

pete311
08-08-2018, 10:19 AM
Ya... I get it, little pete.

Using inflammatory language against a muslim terrorist - bad, you'll be banned.
Using inflammatory language against president Trump - GOOD, you'll be praised.

We know what's going on here. It's all over the internet. It's call DEMOCRAT FASCISM.

You're not fooling anyone, stop being stupid.

Insults and making stuff up, it's what you do best.

High_Plains_Drifter
08-08-2018, 10:24 AM
Insults and making stuff up, it's what you do best.
I occasionally insult you because you chose to insult me, first, remember? Had you never insulted me, I'd have never insulted you.

Show me ONE THING I "made up"...

Black Diamond
08-08-2018, 10:25 AM
I am saying legally they can ban anyone they want for any reason or no reason. Jim could ban someone tomorrow for a New England Patriots avatar :cool:

Black Diamond
08-08-2018, 10:25 AM
I occasionally insult you because you chose to insult me, first, remember?

Minor details. :cool:

High_Plains_Drifter
08-08-2018, 10:27 AM
Minor details. :cool:
That he conveniently likes to forget.

pete311
08-08-2018, 12:09 PM
I am saying legally they can ban anyone they want for any reason or no reason. Jim could ban someone tomorrow for a New England Patriots avatar :cool:

Do you read that in their terms of service? They are bound to it legally.

pete311
08-08-2018, 12:10 PM
I occasionally insult you because you chose to insult me, first, remember? Had you never insulted me, I'd have never insulted you.

So you're a chick who holds long term grudges. Got it.

You made up the post I called you on.

High_Plains_Drifter
08-08-2018, 12:30 PM
So you're a chick who holds long term grudges. Got it.

You made up the post I called you on.
Little pete, you're a putz. You say very little that has merit. It's mostly leftist propaganda, one sided, blind to the truth, and ignorant.

Got it?

You gave no credible rebuttal to anything I said. You never do.