PDA

View Full Version : Chick Magnets Today Look Like Cavemen

Abbey Marie
08-24-2007, 11:15 AM
Aside from the fact that the article assumes humanoid-type to human evolution to be scientific fact, it's interesting that this study happens to coincide with a new show about cavemen.

So, any "mini-mugs" out there in DP land care to tell us how that's working for them?

Study: Chick Magnets Today Look Like Cavemen Jeanna Bryner
LiveScience Staff Writer
LiveScience.com
Thu Aug 23, 12:35 PM ET

Guys with bulldog-like faces have been chick magnets throughout human evolutionary history.

A recent study of the skulls of human ancestors and modern humans finds that women, and thereby, evolution, selected for males with relatively short upper faces. The region between the brow and the upper-lip is scrunched proportionately to the overall size of their heads.

Among the men who fit the bill: Will Smith and Brad Pitt.

In a past study, researchers found a similar facial pattern in chimpanzees, with males having relatively shorter and broader faces compared with females, controlling for body size.

Men with "mini mugs" might have been most attractive to the opposite sex and thus most likely to attract mates for reproduction, passing along the striking features to the next generation and so forth, said lead study author Eleanor Weston, a paleontologist at the Natural History Museum in London.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/livescience/20070823/sc_livescience/studychickmagnetstodaylooklikecavemen

darin
08-24-2007, 11:30 AM
Must be why women don't like me. :(

nevadamedic
08-24-2007, 11:32 AM
Must be why women don't like me. :(

Nope thats not the reason..........

darin
08-24-2007, 11:33 AM
Hrm...because I'm so nice-looking they think they'd never be able to sassify me? :)

Hagbard Celine
08-24-2007, 11:39 AM
In yo face!

Nukeman
08-24-2007, 11:41 AM
In yo face!
Hag you finally put up one of your pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:laugh2::laugh2: