PDA

View Full Version : Players Have a ‘Right to Protest During the Anthem’

jimnyc
08-15-2018, 05:38 PM
Where does he think this right comes from? The constitution? Federal or local laws? He's simply wrong, as is Kaepernick and the other dumbasses who kneel and think they have the "right" to. The owners have the right to fine them, or suspend them, and let them go when their contracts are up. And if they don't listen to coaches and owners, there's a good possibility that they don't get picked up by another team. Boo Hoo.

---

Pro Football Talk’s Mike Florio: Players Have a ‘Right to Protest During the Anthem’

The NFL has a entered a summary judgment to try and get Colin Kaepernick’s collusion grievance against the league, thrown out of court.

As Pro Football Talk reports, NFLPA Executive Director DeMaurice Smith confirms that arbitrator Stephen Burbank “has taken the matter under advisement.”

However, buried deep within paragraph five of Mike Florio’s piece about the NFL’s summary judgment, is a very curious claim about the rights of NFL anthem protesters.

After citing the the contention of Dolphins wide receiver Kenny Stills, who claims that the anthem issue can’t be fully resolved without first addressing the league’s alleged blackballing of Colin Kaepernick and Eric Reid, Florio makes this claim:

As Dolphins receiver Kenny Stills recently suggested, it’s hard to resolve the issue over the anthem with Kaepernick and Reid still shunned for their unique roles as leaders of the movement that made players aware of their right to protest during the anthem.

This is absolutely false. There is no recognized or codified right for NFL players to protest during the playing of the national anthem. This right does not appear anywhere in the NFL’s rules or guidelines. If it did, the NFL could not have acted so unilaterally in changing the anthem policy in May.

Rest - https://www.breitbart.com/sports/2018/08/15/pro-football-talks-mike-florio-players-have-a-right-protest-during-anthem/

High_Plains_Drifter
08-15-2018, 06:11 PM
No they don't have a right to piss on the flag and national anthem while they're at WORK. What part about that don't these ass clowns understand? And what were they doing in their off time about this big problem that's so bad, that they're so passionate about they have to disrespect our flag and national anthem, and destroy the very cash cow that's paying their millions of dollars salary? These people just hate America in my opinion, and they want it in your face.

I'll tell ya what though, I DO have a RIGHT to NOT WATCH the NFL, and that's what I've done since two years ago when they started this crap. Hearing it's STILL going on now THREE YEARS LATER, I wouldn't watch football again if they DID start showing the proper respect for the flag and anthem. The NFL is done in my house. It'll never be on my TV again.

aboutime
08-15-2018, 08:59 PM
Just like millions of Americans will stop watching, attending, and spending money on them like we used to do.

For ALL Veterans who also have the Right to PROTEST the RICH, SPOILED, JOCKSTRAPS. We also have given our life to make the PROTESTERS feel safe, and all we have asked in return is RESPECT for our FLAG, and NATIONAL ANTHEM.
So...from this old veteran, to all of those who claim they support Veterans, even when they kneel, or refuse to pay respects to our FLAG.

KISS OUR ASSES. And thank your spoiled, lucky stars...PUTIN isn't your Leader, telling you STAND UP or GET SHOT!

LongTermGuy
08-15-2018, 09:34 PM
https://www.glocktalk.com/proxy.php?image=https%3A%2F%2Fi.pinimg.com%2Forigi nals%2Faf%2F15%2F47%2Faf154741e9bda21f34b14cfec46f da80.jpg&hash=47b23135f3cac35a350a33d3ad9b2028

aboutime
08-16-2018, 04:20 PM
Somehow, all of your most recent posts are coming here with a BIG RED X over the small block.

Are you having trouble with something?

FakeNewsSux
08-16-2018, 04:35 PM
Somehow, all of your most recent posts are coming here with a BIG RED X over the small block.

Are you having trouble with something?

I think LTG followed the instructions on the Photo Web Page Fun thread and it messed with his account. I already notified Abbey and she is looking into it.