PDA

View Full Version : Pete Thinks Jim's Unfair

Gunny
08-20-2018, 08:07 AM
@pete311 (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=1821) @jimnyc (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=1)

Been reading your whining crap all over the board, so I'll start from the start.

You accuse Jim of running a board for his "right wing radical friends" and never calling them out. First, you are so far lost left you probably believe Pelosi is a right wing radical. You have proven over time, with your own words you are incapable of judging ANYONE's political position. You are rarely even a real person. Just a leftwingnut MSM soundbyte.

Second ... and pay close attention ... You have ZERO, NONE, ZILCH, NADA right to bitch about this board. As I keep trying to explain the simple scientific law of action/reaction to deaf, leftwingnut ears ... this board exists a DIRECT reaction to YOU. YOUR actions when YOU bought USMB and goose stepped in and declared martial law, understanding absolutely NOTHING a out message boards. As a result of YOUR ACTION, there are at least two other clone boards of this one, and USMB was until they changed format. The last because I pulled a Trump with Obama's BS on it when I ran it and undid everything you fucked up.

In the meantime, After Jim's friends all crawled into his every orifice for selling USMB to a dumbass with ZERO leadership ability, his guilt-ridden ass created this board so they would have a board to post on. Almost every single long time member of this board currently left USMB because of YOU.

And where did we go? To the board with the people and format we liked that you decided to march in and change.

So quit your damned crying about Jim not saying anything to his "friends" that he created the damned board for BECAUSE OF YOU. You ain't no cherry. This board has been the same since it started. Same basic people. No one's suddenly pulled the rug out from under Pete. Nobody's gone Jekyll-n-Hyde.

How about YOU learn to debate? You know, with a real platform on a topic? I can get what YOU post watching MSNBC.

Short version? Grow the fuck up and quit dripping tears all over my keyboard.

Elessar
08-20-2018, 08:29 AM
I do not know a thing about USMB, having never been there,
but you, pete311, have one fucked up past based on what Gunny has posted.

Is your only intent to disrupt and create havoc? It sure appears to be.
I am anti-Obama, but you don't see me stomping around derailing threads
and raising hell every time his name is brought up.

Gunny
08-20-2018, 08:49 AM
but you, @pete311 (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=1821), have one fucked up past based on what @Gunny (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=30) has posted.

Thing is, and I learned this by WATCHING, it takes just one person or change to totally f- up everything. Pete marched on USMB and made wholesale changes that completely altered the board itself and the makeup of the board. I HATED that about the military. Some noob LT charging in and going to change the World like he invented the rifle company :rolleyes: Would take weeks to unfuck that shit.

Same principle applies to message boards. I wish I'd know what Jim was up to as I had the means and was at a place in my life to have bought USMB from him. I'd have bought it and let him keep everything the way it was, to include him running it. Common sense: It was successful and the way it was and had the people it did because they liked it the way it was. duh. Point is, when those people who like Jim, and liked the board the way it was and did NOT like the wholesale changes where they were jumped ship as a result, I find it kind of ridiculous that the person who created the situation he's in is bitching about it.

AND ... I can tell you this: IF Jim did not like Pete, he would NOT be here. So I think all the petty little accusations against Jim in this case are what is unfair. When I criticize Trump, I at least bring an argument with reasons why and not just rhetoric, and I fully expect to take incoming and I stand my ground. I sure as Hell don't post how unfair Jim and his board is all over a half dozen threads. When you come to play, you come to play. Or don't come at all.

Drummond
08-20-2018, 08:51 AM
but you, @pete311 (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=1821), have one fucked up past based on what @Gunny (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=30) has posted.

... although, to be fair, if you disagreed with the prevailing climate on any Left-leaning forum, they'd waste no time in booting you off of them, so you'd not get much of a chance to do your 'stomping' on any of them.

Pete fails to understand (or to want to ?) that boards such as this are far more tolerant of free speech than those he'd more readily identify with. And .. he is totally unappreciative of it.

Elessar
08-20-2018, 09:00 AM
... although, to be fair, if you disagreed with the prevailing climate on any Left-leaning forum, they'd waste no time in booting you off of them, so you'd not get much of a chance to do your 'stomping' on any of them.

Pete fails to understand (or to want to ?) that boards such as this are far more tolerant of free speech than those he'd more readily identify with. And .. he is totally unappreciative of it.

I found out really fast that this is true. Even as a moderate, you could not utter
a word against the liberal mindset or BOOM! You were gone.

A nice little enclosed world far left liberals live in, huh?

Gunny
08-20-2018, 09:21 AM
I found out really fast that this is true. Even as a moderate, you could not utter
a word against the liberal mindset or BOOM! You were gone.

A nice little enclosed world far left liberals live in, huh?This really isn't about politics. This is about people. And I guess what REALLY bugs the crap out of me about it is this:

Like Jim or don't like Jim, agree with Jim or don't agree with Jim ... He has gone out of his way for others when he didn't have to. THAT will get you points in the dust-covered and cobwebbed Gunny book of points EVERY time. He could have just said fuck it and walked after he sold USMB.

Criticizing him for doing something he didn't have to is bad enough, but to criticize him for something "you" (Pete) failed at yourself and is a direct consequence of your actions is just going too far. THAT is what is unfair about this whole shit.

pete311
08-20-2018, 09:52 AM
@pete311 (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=1821) @jimnyc (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=1)

Been reading your whining crap all over the board, so I'll start from the start.

You accuse Jim of running a board for his "right wing radical friends" and never calling them out. First, you are so far lost left you probably believe Pelosi is a right wing radical. You have proven over time, with your own words you are incapable of judging ANYONE's political position. You are rarely even a real person. Just a leftwingnut MSM soundbyte.

Second ... and pay close attention ... You have ZERO, NONE, ZILCH, NADA right to bitch about this board. As I keep trying to explain the simple scientific law of action/reaction to deaf, leftwingnut ears ... this board exists a DIRECT reaction to YOU. YOUR actions when YOU bought USMB and goose stepped in and declared martial law, understanding absolutely NOTHING a out message boards. As a result of YOUR ACTION, there are at least two other clone boards of this one, and USMB was until they changed format. The last because I pulled a Trump with Obama's BS on it when I ran it and undid everything you fucked up.

In the meantime, After Jim's friends all crawled into his every orifice for selling USMB to a dumbass with ZERO leadership ability, his guilt-ridden ass created this board so they would have a board to post on. Almost every single long time member of this board currently left USMB because of YOU.

And where did we go? To the board with the people and format we liked that you decided to march in and change.

So quit your damned crying about Jim not saying anything to his "friends" that he created the damned board for BECAUSE OF YOU. You ain't no cherry. This board has been the same since it started. Same basic people. No one's suddenly pulled the rug out from under Pete. Nobody's gone Jekyll-n-Hyde.

How about YOU learn to debate? You know, with a real platform on a topic? I can get what YOU post watching MSNBC.

Short version? Grow the fuck up and quit dripping tears all over my keyboard.

Besides all your slander I agree with you. I admitted my failures with USMB long ago. Nothing new there. My issue is the fake notion that this community is fair and non hypocritical. It should have been named rightwingfanatics.com. There is a reason after like 8 years this community hasn't grown and only like a dozen hard line conservatives exist circle jerking themselves into an alternate reality. So I think it's great you guys have a home for all that, but don't fool yourselfs. Nothing is fair, balanced, bipartisan here. It's a far right, anti-obama, anti-liberal, homophobic, xenophobic, racist community that thinks they are tough, but really every thread is either Trump humping or snowflake melting. There is no real debate here.

CSM
08-20-2018, 10:42 AM
Besides all your slander I agree with you. I admitted my failures with USMB long ago. Nothing new there. My issue is the fake notion that this community is fair and non hypocritical. It should have been named rightwingfanatics.com. There is a reason after like 8 years this community hasn't grown and only like a dozen hard line conservatives exist circle jerking themselves into an alternate reality. So I think it's great you guys have a home for all that, but don't fool yourselfs. Nothing is fair, balanced, bipartisan here. It's a far right, anti-obama, anti-liberal, homophobic, xenophobic, racist community that thinks they are tough, but really every thread is either Trump humping or snowflake melting. There is no real debate here.

So why are you still here? Do you think you are going to convert any of us to your way of non-thinking?

By the way, that is a HUGE broad brush you are using there...be careful or you might strain yourself.

darin
08-20-2018, 10:51 AM
Jesus Christ kids... :-/

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/2013/01/mila-relax.gif

Black Diamond
08-20-2018, 10:52 AM
Gunny offered you the chance to debate him and so far you've pussied out. Are you running for congress in the Bronx or something ?

Gunny
08-20-2018, 12:08 PM
Besides all your slander I agree with you. I admitted my failures with USMB long ago. Nothing new there. My issue is the fake notion that this community is fair and non hypocritical. It should have been named rightwingfanatics.com. There is a reason after like 8 years this community hasn't grown and only like a dozen hard line conservatives exist circle jerking themselves into an alternate reality. So I think it's great you guys have a home for all that, but don't fool yourselfs. Nothing is fair, balanced, bipartisan here. It's a far right, anti-obama, anti-liberal, homophobic, xenophobic, racist community that thinks they are tough, but really every thread is either Trump humping or snowflake melting. There is no real debate here.What slander?

I also was unaware of any notion this "community" was either fair or didn't have its hypocrites. Like YOU. Life isn't fair, Pete. Why would you expect a microcosm of it to be? But DO tell ... WHAT is unfair?

You can log on. You can post. You can post pure nonsense, and do. Every once in awhile you act like an actual human being, but not usually. You aren't banned. You aren't restricted in any way I am aware of that the rest of us are not. You have the same privileges. Where are you treated UNEQUALLY?

Is it that you think you should be able to say whatever you like, no matter how foolish, stupid or untrue, but everyone else can say only that which you approve of? How unsurprisingly progressive-left fascist of you. Pete should be above the rules he gets to make for everyone else. You may have admitted your mistakes with USMB, but you hardly learned a thing from them. Token admission of wrongdoing? My bet is you still think you did everything right and everyone else was wrong :rolleyes: You couldn't relate to others then anymore than you can now.

Newsflash for you: You open your mouth/post comments, you put it out there for everyone else to comment on. JUST LIKE THE REST OF US. There's nothing special about you.

And to reiterate, criticizing Jim when if not for him you wouldn't have a board to post on since you obviously like this one is just bullshit.

Quit your damned crying.

pete311
08-20-2018, 12:34 PM
What slander?

I also was unaware of any notion this "community" was either fair or didn't have its hypocrites. Like YOU. Life isn't fair, Pete. Why would you expect a microcosm of it to be? But DO tell ... WHAT is unfair?

You can log on. You can post. You can post pure nonsense, and do. Every once in awhile you act like an actual human being, but not usually. You aren't banned. You aren't restricted in any way I am aware of that the rest of us are not. You have the same privileges. Where are you treated UNEQUALLY?

Is it that you think you should be able to say whatever you like, no matter how foolish, stupid or untrue, but everyone else can say only that which you approve of? How unsurprisingly progressive-left fascist of you. Pete should be above the rules he gets to make for everyone else. You may have admitted your mistakes with USMB, but you hardly learned a thing from them. Token admission of wrongdoing? My bet is you still think you did everything right and everyone else was wrong :rolleyes: You couldn't relate to others then anymore than you can now.

Newsflash for you: You open your mouth/post comments, you put it out there for everyone else to comment on. JUST LIKE THE REST OF US. There's nothing special about you.

And to reiterate, criticizing Jim when if not for him you wouldn't have a board to post on since you obviously like this one is just bullshit.

Quit your damned crying.

Quit my crying? How about you reread your first post. This post is a big snowflake cry fest BY YOU!

Gunny
08-20-2018, 12:44 PM
Quit my crying? How about you reread your first post. This post is a big snowflake cry fest BY YOU!I wondered how long it would take you to try your usual, role-reversal bullshit. Try this one:

Fuck off. If you don't like this board, find another. I'm probably one of the few people that actually notices when you're gone because you amuse me. Like a cat with a mouse. Otherwise? You contribute nothing but tears and propaganda. I don't care if you so much as breathe. You think you're some kind of hard ass motherfucker but you're not even close. I've never seen anything you've left in any thread but skid marks from your asshole and elbows running from the motherfucker.

Must be nice to be a little squirrel hiding from wolves behind the anonymity of the internet. Go take some Midol and get over yourself.

pete311
08-20-2018, 12:49 PM
I wondered how long it would take you to try your usual, role-reversal bullshit. Try this one:

Fuck off. If you don't like this board, find another. I'm probably one of the few people that actually notices when you're gone because you amuse me. Like a cat with a mouse. Otherwise? You contribute nothing but tears and propaganda. I don't care if you so much as breathe. You think you're some kind of hard ass motherfucker but you're not even close. I've never seen anything you've left in any thread but skid marks from your asshole and elbows running from the motherfucker.

Must be nice to be a little squirrel hiding from a wolves behind the anonymity of the internet. Go take some Midol and get over yourself.

Try yoga, it will help you relax.

Gunny
08-20-2018, 12:52 PM
Try yoga, it will help you relax.Still can't address the point huh? Let's see .... attempted role reversal ploy: check. Condescension: check

Next fail ....

Gunny
08-20-2018, 01:31 PM
Jesus Christ kids... :-/

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/2013/01/mila-relax.gifThis IS relaxed. My jeans even say so :)

High_Plains_Drifter
08-20-2018, 01:59 PM
Just like with any other form of disagreement with leftists, little Pete would love to shut everyone here up. That's what democrats do. You disagree with them, then you are the radical, you are the extremist, you are the nut case, and if they can, they will either shut you up or shut you down, i.e. twitter, facebook, youtube, google search, etc, the list of examples goes on. I have no doubt that if little Pete thought he had a way to shut this board down, he would. This board and the people on it piss him off, because we dare to disagree with his royal highness, the exalted God of the universe and decider of all that is right or wrong, little Pete. We are underlings, pawns, the unwashed deplorables clinging to our Bibles, Guns and patriotism out here in fly over country shopping at Walmart, and the high and mighty leftists have nothing but disdain and hate for us. We're stupid, we're radical, we smell, we're alt right, simply because we DISAGREE WITH DEMOCRATS, like little Pete.

Tell me where I've gone wrong...

Elessar
08-20-2018, 04:22 PM
simply because we DISAGREE WITH DEMOCRATS, like little Pete.

Nowhere.

It is largely amusing watching the frustration Pete demonstrates.
I can picture him with veins throbbing in his temples while pounding
the keyboard as he would pound his spoon on his highchair tray.:laugh:

aboutime
08-20-2018, 05:20 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iN-aXzpQUdw

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSFPUx4ES01NbMoggGfy8POyWWO0Yc1l flcaR-UMKMxoNDGpEHF

SassyLady
08-21-2018, 02:15 AM
I was one of the original members of USMB. Was 2nd board I ever joined (Starting Over was 1st and Military.com 3rd). At first the debates were decent and then basement dwelling posters from Democratic Underground started showing up and the place went to hell.

Now I understand why I've never warmed up to Pete. Probably a card carrying member of DU. I would visit the DU to try and see how liberals think and could never bring myself to join .. talk about loaded with hate ... during Bush era.

I'm glad Jim started this board.

Enough said.

Noir
08-21-2018, 02:33 AM
In fairness to Pete this place can get pretty unpleasant at times, and once someone reacts back in kind then they’re open to face more of the same ad infinitum. For people that never experience that kind of reaction I have no doubt this place is great, but I think they should recognise that their experience is not everyone’s.

That said, I don’t think that reflects at all on Jim or the moderators treating anyone differently or acting with a bias. As has been pointed out people of any political background are pretty free to say whatever they like - more especially in the steel cage, and in the years I’ve been around the site it’s only the most egregious idiots - like Pale Ride, Man from Maine etc - that have faced bans, and not without fair warning.

Drummond
08-21-2018, 06:49 AM
Just like with any other form of disagreement with leftists, little Pete would love to shut everyone here up. That's what democrats do. You disagree with them, and you are the radical, you are the extremist, you are the nut case, and if they can, they will either shut you up or shut you down, i.e. twitter, facebook, youtube, google search, etc, the list of examples goes on. I have no doubt that if little Pete thought he had a way to shut this board down, he would. This board and the people on it piss him off, because we dare to disagree with his royal highness, the exalted God of the universe and decider of all that is right or wrong, little Pete. We are underlings, pawns, the unwashed deplorables clinging to our Bibles, Guns and patriotism out here in fly over country shopping at Walmart, and the high and mighty leftists have nothing but disdain and hate for us. We're stupid, we're radical, we smell, we're alt right, simply because we DISAGREE WITH DEMOCRATS, like little Pete.

You've beaten me to it (& more eloquently ..). I'd have said something the equivalent of this.

Note Pete's list of 'categorisations' of people here ... it's all down to a form of demonisation. You don't hold opinions Pete can agree with, so, he'll tag such 'dissenters' in negative terms. Want to be critical of gays ? You're 'homophobic'. Want to criticise, say, Islamists ? You're 'racist'.

Typical Leftist tactics, trying to instill a'PC' climate that locks people into agreement with them, 'for fear' of being adversely tagged.

Such a tactic defies free debate. 'See things as I want you to, or else you're the bad person' ....

Pete, my - very obvious !! - suggestion is that if you really want worthwhile debate, quit the judgmental tactics, and instead, debate according to the MERITS OF THE DEBATING POSITIONS TAKEN. You want to represent a point of view, so, do so. Test it, or them, out through fair debate.

If you don't win .. then, you don't. No falling back on name-calling if or when the weaknesses of your arguments is made apparent.

Drummond
08-21-2018, 07:01 AM
In fairness to Pete this place can get pretty unpleasant at times, and once someone reacts back in kind then they’re open to face more of the same ad infinitum. For people that never experience that kind of reaction I have no doubt this place is great, but I think they should recognise that their experience is not everyone’s.

That said, I don’t think that reflects at all on Jim or the moderators treating anyone differently or acting with a bias. As has been pointed out people of any political background are pretty free to say whatever they like - more especially in the steel cage, and in the years I’ve been around the site it’s only the most egregious idiots - like Pale Ride, Man from Maine etc - that have faced bans, and not without fair warning.

To make comments such as these fair, I think you do need to also add qualifying context.

For example: you need to understand that this is an American forum, where almost everybody here is American. Americans are proud people. They're patriotic to an extent that most Brits would struggle to identify with.

So, if or when an opinion comes along which is perceived as harmful to the American good, staunch and caring patriots will not only want to disagree with it, but will have strong feelings to back them. This cannot help but become apparent in debate.

Has it occurred to you, Noir, that staunch and hotly defended patriotism is a great STRENGTH ?? My suggestion .. factor that into any judgments you may care to make. People here have a great belief in their country. This deserves our respect.

Abbey Marie
08-21-2018, 09:29 AM
I know this will be unpopular, but I’ll deal.

I absolutely defend Jim’s handling of his board. No other board I’ve been a member of treats it’s folks as even-handedly as Jim does here.

But- can we please stop twisting Pete’s name into diminutive terms. Seems like in just about every post about him, it’s “Petey ” or “Little Pete”. It’s childish and beneath us. Debate him like adults.

Abbey Marie
08-21-2018, 09:31 AM
I was one of the original members of USMB. Was 2nd board I ever joined (Starting Over was 1st and Military.com 3rd). At first the debates were decent and then basement dwelling posters from Democratic Underground started showing up and the place went to hell.

Now I understand why I've never warmed up to Pete. Probably a card carrying member of DU. I would visit the DU to try and see how liberals think and could never bring myself to join .. talk about loaded with hate ... during Bush era.

I'm glad Jim started this board.

Enough said.

Minus the military site, we have the exact online history. :cool:

High_Plains_Drifter
08-21-2018, 09:50 AM
... the most egregious idiots - like Pale Ride, Man from Maine etc - that have faced bans, and not without fair warning.
Like Pale Rider aye... :laugh:

Black Diamond
08-21-2018, 10:19 AM
I know this will be unpopular, but I’ll deal.

I absolutely defend Jim’s handling of his board. No other board I’ve been a member of treats it’s folks as even-handedly as Jim does here.

But- can we please stop twisting Pete’s name into diminutive terms. Seems like in just about every post about him, it’s “Petey ” or “Little Pete”. It’s childish and beneath us. Debate him like adults.
He calls people a lot worse than that in rep comments if not other places. It's not like he's insulted out of nowhere. I've debated him like you are requesting many times and all he does is hurl insults and act as Gunny has said. Seems trump supporters are supposed to keep quiet while everyone else walks all over them and spits in their faces.

Black Diamond
08-21-2018, 10:19 AM
Like Pale Rider aye... :laugh:
Pale by any other name...

High_Plains_Drifter
08-21-2018, 10:26 AM
Pale by any other name...
I guess Noir hasn't put 2 and 2 together yet.

CSM
08-21-2018, 11:00 AM
USMB was the first MB I ever joined. When Jim left I went with him. I do not belong to or post on any other boards. I don't think I would be as fair as the admins on this board have been and still are ....
There will always be trolls, personality conflicts and the like. There are members whom I absolutely detested over the years (most of them are long gone) and others that I tolerate but overall, I like this little community BECAUSE of the people here and the way the moderators/admins handle things.

Just my two cents.

Abbey Marie
08-21-2018, 11:06 AM
He calls people a lot worse than that in rep comments if not other places. It's not like he's insulted out of nowhere. I've debated him like you are requesting many times and all he does is hurl insults and act as Gunny has said. Seems trump supporters are supposed to keep quiet while everyone else walks all over them and spits in their faces.

Where did I say Pete was innocent? I’ve received similar as you describe from him.
Return the PM or Rep insults if you must in PM or Rep, or in direct reply to his open-board insults. But what I often see are the “Petey” comments in posts that are not in reply to any insult, and even when Pete isn’t in the thread at all.

Either way, it’s childish. A well-served clever comeback is so much better.

As for your Trump-supporter comment, I am one myself, and have not asked anyone to keep quiet, so I am sure you are not referring to me. But more importantly, how do you turn a request to not mess with his name, into being told to “keep quiet while everyone walks all over them”? Sounds kind of like Pete saying taking away Brennan’s clearances is equal to robbing him of his 1st Amendment right to free speech.

High_Plains_Drifter
08-21-2018, 11:13 AM
So... just to be clear... calling Pete, little Pete, is over the top and now not allowed?

Abbey Marie
08-21-2018, 11:36 AM
So... just to be clear... calling Pete, little Pete, is over the top and now not allowed?

If that is what seems clear to you after reading my posts, you maybe should re-read.

Black Diamond
08-21-2018, 11:41 AM
Where did I say Petevwas innocent? I’ve received similar as you describe from him.
Return the PM or Rep insults if you must in PM or Rep, or in direct reply to his open-board insults. But what I often see are the “Petey” comments in posts that are not in reply to any insult, and even when Pete isn’t in the thread at all.

Either way, it’s childish. A well-served clever comeback is so much better.

As for your Trump-supporter comment, I am one myself, and have not asked anyone to keep quiet, so I am sure you are not referring to me. But more importantly, how do you turn a request to not mess with his name, into being told to “keep quiet while everyone walks all over them”? Sounds kind of like Pete saying taking away Brennan’s clearances is equal to robbing him of his 1st Amendment right to free speech.

I know you've been hit by Pete and we have clobbered him for the privilege and it makes me wonder why you're defending him. The trump comment was a general one. Someone brings up me getting my head smashed and not a word out of you about that but we won't call Pete petey or little Pete anymore.

Pete is right about free speech and Brennan. We don't have the free speech Pete is talking about. Ask Paula Deen and Donald sterling. Although I am sure Pete applauded Deens firing and sterling being forced to sell the clippers

Black Diamond
08-21-2018, 11:42 AM
It's a request, not a demand.

High_Plains_Drifter
08-21-2018, 11:56 AM
If that is what seems clear to you after reading my posts, you maybe should re-read.
I knew I'd get in trouble for asking... I just wanted a clarification is all because "please stop" to me sounds like politely demanding it stop.

You are an admin after all. If you say stop we have to stop.

Of all the nasty insults thrown around on this board, I thought "little Pete" was pretty innocuous.

Noir
08-21-2018, 11:58 AM
I guess Noir hasn't put 2 and 2 together yet.

This is all to mean that you are user pale rider under a new screen name?

Black Diamond
08-21-2018, 12:00 PM
I knew I'd get in trouble for asking... I just wanted a clarification is all because "please stop" to me sounds like politely demanding it stop.

You are an admin after all. If you say stop we have to stop.
Nah. Neither you nor I is in trouble. We are just debating.

High_Plains_Drifter
08-21-2018, 12:02 PM
Nah. Neither you nor I is in trouble. We are just debating.
She sounds irritated to me.

Black Diamond
08-21-2018, 12:02 PM
Check out the brain on noir. :cool:

i have a theory that he is Dirty Harry on another board and Gran Torino on another.

Black Diamond
08-21-2018, 12:03 PM
She sounds irritated to me.
She may be. But that doesn't mean she's giving an order for lack of a better phrase.

High_Plains_Drifter
08-21-2018, 12:03 PM
That is correct.

High_Plains_Drifter
08-21-2018, 12:07 PM
She may be. But that doesn't mean she's giving an order for lack of a better phrase.
Well, "please stop" sounds like an order to me, especially from an admin. Stop means stop in my book, not continue. That's why I just wanted to be clear.

CSM
08-21-2018, 12:26 PM
That is correct.

WHAT!?!! Next you'll be telling me that Gunny is really ManFromMaine and Jim is really PsycoBlues!!!!

Just kidding .....

High_Plains_Drifter
08-21-2018, 12:32 PM
You know you've always been top peeps in my book Abbey, that's why I'm just trying to be clear. My brain just works mostly in absolutes. I'm not picking at you and I didn't mean to upset you, if you are. I'm trying to avoid any future confrontations because I've not followed a board rule or something.

In my own defense though, I started calling Pete, little Pete, because in my opinion he acts and sounds like a child so it fit, and honestly, I thought it pretty banal.

Black Diamond
08-21-2018, 12:38 PM
WHAT!?!! Next you'll be telling me that Gunny is really ManFromMaine and Jim is really PsycoBlues!!!!

Just kidding .....
Yeah it wasn't quite as surprising as the movie psycho but...

lol

Abbey Marie
08-21-2018, 02:38 PM
You know you've always been top peeps in my book @Abbey (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=11), that's why I'm just trying to be clear. My brain just works mostly in absolutes. I'm not picking at you and I didn't mean to upset you, if you are. I'm trying to avoid any future confrontations because I've not followed a board rule or something.

In my own defense though, I started calling Pete, little Pete, because in my opinion he acts and sounds like a child so it fit, and honestly, I thought it pretty banal.

Nah, I was just posting as a member, nothing official about it. Jim has made it clear that he favors leeway in our posts. If it was something official, I would have said so, but I will try to be more clear if I am asking for anything. Honestly, when I am in the middle of posting here, I rarely even remember that I am an admin. Sorry for any confusion.

We will have to disagree about the name thing. I’ve done similar behind the scenes, but I wouldn’t post it where the person can see it and be potentially embarrassed. If that sounds hypocritical, I’ll accept that.

aboutime
08-21-2018, 03:58 PM
Here in the U.S.A. We The People ENJOY having the FIRST AMENDMENT, where WE ARE FREE to express ourselves, as we please. If someone's feelings get hurt, or they are offended. They HAVE THE RIGHT, not to read, or just go somewhere else...they feel comfortable, where THEY CONTROL EVERYTHING, and CENSOR everyone who doesn't meet their Hatred, and Hypocrisy standard.

REMINDER FOR PETEY...."You also have the RIGHT to Remain Quiet!"

Drummond
08-21-2018, 05:29 PM
Here in the U.S.A. We The People ENJOY having the FIRST AMENDMENT, where WE ARE FREE to express ourselves, as we please. If someone's feelings get hurt, or they are offended. They HAVE THE RIGHT, not to read, or just go somewhere else...they feel comfortable, where THEY CONTROL EVERYTHING, and CENSOR everyone who doesn't meet their Hatred, and Hypocrisy standard.

REMINDER FOR PETEY...."You also have the RIGHT to Remain Quiet!"

Pete (or 'Petey', or whoever ...) also has the freedom to practice what he preaches. Let him resolve never again to hint at disparagement ... if he finds any likelihood of it from others objectionable.

He is, of course, free to ignore my suggestion. He might like to reflect on that, too ....

pete311
08-21-2018, 05:31 PM
fyi, I'm done with this thread, got life to live. You guys should move on tii.

High_Plains_Drifter
08-21-2018, 05:45 PM
Yeah... you're so done with it you just had to read it all and comment... ONE MORE TIME... :laugh:

Black Diamond
08-21-2018, 06:24 PM
That's because you're a pussy. But we already knew that.

aboutime
08-21-2018, 06:58 PM

YOU were done with this thread before it even started. Spend more time LEARNING in your life. The TRUTH may really surprise you, and all of your liberal blood will drain like a cesspool in the Swamp.

Gunny
08-21-2018, 08:19 PM
[QUOTE=pete311;916138]fyi, I'm done with this thread, got life to live. You guys should move on tii.[/QUOTE pete311 Thanks for proving me correct. Again. As usual. You get hammered and you run. Makes me GLAD as Hell you're a progressive left Democrap. I sure as Hell don't want you on MY side. I despise cowards. You just lost any respect from me you may have had.

Wimp.

Gunny
08-21-2018, 08:24 PM
To get my two cents in on Abbey's comment: I call Pete "pete" (and other stuff). I know Abbey has an issue with "Lil Pete" and "Petey" so I just don't use them because she doesn't like it. Besides, "Petey" makes me think IMMEDIATELY of Stymie's dog in Lil Rascals :laugh:

Pete's name is not worth fighting over. Leave it to him to let Abbey fight his battle for him though instead of saying something himself.

SassyLady
08-22-2018, 05:12 AM
Minus the military site, we have the exact online history. :cool:

:coffee:

Yep, even one I didn't mention, I believe.

SassyLady
08-22-2018, 05:16 AM
USMB was the first MB I ever joined. When Jim left I went with him. I do not belong to or post on any other boards. I don't think I would be as fair as the admins on this board have been and still are ....
There will always be trolls, personality conflicts and the like. There are members whom I absolutely detested over the years (most of them are long gone) and others that I tolerate but overall, I like this little community BECAUSE of the people here and the way the moderators/admins handle things.

Just my two cents.

Go ahead and admit it ... I'm the reason you still like this board. :cheers2:

CSM
08-22-2018, 06:24 AM

SHHHH...people will talk!

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-22-2018, 07:07 AM
Nah, I was just posting as a member, nothing official about it. Jim has made it clear that he favors leeway in our posts. If it was something official, I would have said so, but I will try to be more clear if I am asking for anything. Honestly, when I am in the middle of posting here, I rarely even remember that I am an admin. Sorry for any confusion.

We will have to disagree about the name thing. I’ve done similar behind the scenes, but I wouldn’t post it where the person can see it and be potentially embarrassed. If that sounds hypocritical, I’ll accept that.

I have often addressed Pete, either as - Pete, Petey or little Petey. It depends on my assessment of him at that very moment in time and the context of my reply to much of his ignorance/liberal insanity.
Respect is something I give to those that I judge truly deserve it. By and large little Petey rarely ever does.
now, I find no fault in how others give him whatever amount of respect(or lack thereof) that they deem him to be worthy of, as that is a personal judgment, IMHO ..
This is in no way my being critical of my friend Abbey or any other member here(except Petey).
When Pete responds in a fair /decent way(GIVING RESPECT HIMSELF), I give him respect --otherwise I signal what he deserves and I THEN ADDRESS HIM AS LITTLE PETEY.
This reply is my speaking to the entire board.
Should I ever be told that I could not address Pete as I think his is worthy(at the moment) of being addressed.
I'd just bid all here a goodbye and say I am sorry to leave my good friends behind..
As an old Southern dog- such is just how I roll.
I am sure that my friends here understand that about me and will bear me no hard feelings for holding to my core principles..
By the way Abbey, I consider both you and Russ as not only very good friends but also truly very decent and honorable people. Such as, are becoming more and more rare in this ever darkening world in which we must struggle to not be swallowed up by the evil and great darkness that grows ever larger and more powerful by the day, IMHO.-Tyr

Gunny
08-22-2018, 12:59 PM

SHHHH...people will talk!

Leaking classified information?

:thinking5:

High_Plains_Drifter
08-22-2018, 01:06 PM
I joined the USMB on May 8th, 2004. My member number was a very low 1,000 something, like 1014. You can't find your member number any longer on there. I too talked with Jim about buying the board and wish I had. I remember a price but I won't go into that detail. I am glad Jim started this board though, because nowadays the USMB is a leftist shit fest with moderation to match. I pop in there every once and awhile to kick the hornet's nest and then leave.