PDA

View Full Version : McCain discontinues his treatment

jimnyc
08-24-2018, 10:51 AM
I have turned eventually to detest this man, and his thumbs down antics and his RINO status, which I overlooked and didn't want to believe, until he never ever stopped.

In all though, the man has done good in his life. I'd rather not sit here and slam him when it's possible he's about to croak soon. I think everyone has heard a mouthful or 2 about him, from me, over many years.

So I'll just say this, I hope he doesn't suffer anymore than he already has. Allow the man to go in peace.

---

McCain discontinuing treatment for brain cancer, family says

Washington (CNN)Sen. John McCain, who was diagnosed with brain cancer last year, has made the decision to discontinue medical treatment, his family said in a statement on Friday.

"Last summer, Senator John McCain shared with Americans the news our family already knew: he had been diagnosed with an aggressive glioblastoma, and the prognosis was serious. In the year since, John has surpassed expectations for his survival. But the progress of disease and the inexorable advance of age render their verdict. With his usual strength of will, he has now chosen to discontinue medical treatment," the family of the Arizona Republican said in a statement.

McCain, the 2008 Republican presidential nominee, is a key voice in the Republican Party and an icon of the Senate.

The statement went on to say, "Our family is immensely grateful for the support and kindness of all his caregivers over the last year, and for the continuing outpouring of concern and affection from John's many friends and associates, and the many thousands of people who are keeping him in their prayers. God bless and thank you all."

Rest - https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/24/politics/john-mccain-cancer-treatment/index.html

Elessar
08-24-2018, 11:06 AM
In all though, the man has done good in his life. I'd rather not sit here and slam him when it's possible he's about to croak soon.

So I'll just say this, I hope he doesn't suffer anymore than he already has. Allow the man to go in peace.

---

McCain discontinuing treatment for brain cancer, family says

Washington (CNN)Sen. John McCain, who was diagnosed with brain cancer last year, has made the decision to discontinue medical treatment, his family said in a statement on Friday.

<Snipped for brevity>

Agreed, Jim.

Over the years, one of the few that would attempt to reach across the aisle and try to work as a unit.

Abbey Marie
08-24-2018, 03:32 PM
Awful disease. I hope he’s made his peace with God, and doesn’t suffer.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-24-2018, 03:50 PM
Awful disease. I hope he’s made his peace with God, and doesn’t suffer.

He did not serve this nation well. That is about as kind of a statement that I can make about him.
I hope he does not suffer, but I will not shed a tear for him. -Tyr

LongTermGuy
08-24-2018, 06:46 PM
[QUOTE=Tyr-Ziu Saxnot;916328]He did not serve this nation well. That is about as kind of a statement that I can make about him.
I hope he does not suffer, but I will not shed a tear for him. -Tyr[/QUOTE

well said Tyr....Finally he is going away.....he made his bed long ago....may he rest in peace when its his time...

High_Plains_Drifter
08-24-2018, 08:05 PM
Too bad he had to end his career on such a sour note, being a RINO and pissing on his own party and all.

May he have a peaceful death though.

Black Diamond
08-24-2018, 10:10 PM
My heart goes out to his daughter.