PDA

View Full Version : Midterm Meddling: Tech Giants Gather to Discuss ‘Election Protection’ Strategy

jimnyc
08-24-2018, 04:47 PM
A meeting to prevent the spread of "misinformation". I call BS, and will be more likely on how and what they can do to help the left in the upcoming midterms.

That would be like ME, deciding I wanted to help prevent the "spread", would delete threads I think are misinformation, and of course bogus comments/replies. You know, keep everything in order, so bad news doesn't get around. :rolleyes:

As you can imagine, an awful lot of my friends on FB are conservatives. I can't begin to tell you the stories of bans, for the lamest of things. "Facebook Jail" they call it, and that's basically posting something they disagree with. Anyone can report your crap, but only FB gets to then be the decision maker.

---

Midterm Meddling: Tech Giants Gather to Discuss ‘Election Protection’ Strategy

Facebook is reportedly meeting with multiple other Silicon Valley Masters of the Universe Friday to discuss how to prevent the spread of “misinformation” across their platforms ahead of the 2018 midterm elections.

Business Insider reports that Silicon Valley tech giants including Facebook, Twitter, Google, Microsoft, and Snap will be holding a meeting at Twitter headquarters in San Francisco Friday to discuss the 2018 U.S. midterm elections. According to emails obtained by BuzzFeed News, Facebook’s head of cybersecurity policy Nathaniel Gleicher invited 12 representatives from the companies to the meeting.

“As I’ve mentioned to several of you over the last few weeks, we have been looking to schedule a follow-on discussion to our industry conversation about information operations, election protection, and the work we are all doing to tackle these challenges,” wrote Gleicher.

The meeting will be broken up into three parts according to Gleicher. Each company will present the efforts they have made so far in combating misinformation on their platform, then it will discuss the issues that its platform faces in fighting misinformation, and finally, the group will decide whether a meeting of each Silicon Valley tech firm should take place on a regular basis.

Similar meetings between tech firms have been held before, attended by Mike Burham of the FBI’s “foreign influence” taskforce and Christopher Krebs, an undersecretary at the Department of Homeland Security. The meeting reportedly left the U.S. government representatives quite frustrated as the tech firms shared little information with them

Rest - https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2018/08/24/midterm-meddling-tech-giants-gather-to-discuss-election-protection-strategy/

High_Plains_Drifter
08-25-2018, 09:31 AM
Meeting in San Franqueerco aye... so they'll have to step over all the piles of shit with needles and garbage in it while trying not look at the homeless illegal aliens pissing in the street... aaaah yes, their liberal utopia, they must be so proud of all that.

Virtually all the conservatives I follow on twitter are shadow banned, including myself, and it's not some temporary ban, oh no, it's permanent.

From what I understand, @jimnyc (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=1), vBulletin has a plug in or add ons that you can "limit" a members "participation" in threads and board functions. I wonder how the democrats here would like it if they started getting "limited," without warning, without explanation why, and it was permanent?