PDA

View Full Version : Fifth-grade student in North Carolina disciplined after calling his teacher 'ma'am'..

LongTermGuy
08-25-2018, 05:09 PM
The Cancer of Liberalism gone over the edge.....

"Growing up, many of us were taught to refer to our elders as “ma’am” and “sir,” especially if you were raised in the South. However, while some may think of the terms as a polite way to show respect, others find them to be outdated — and possibly even offensive.

Parents Teretha Wilson and McArthur Bryant (https://abc11.com/education/tarboro-child-punished-for-calling-teacher-maam-/4041588/) were shocked to find out that their 10-year-old son, Tamarion, was punished by his fifth-grade teacher at North East Carolina Preparatory School in Tarboro, N.C., because he called her “ma’am.”

When Tamarion got off the school bus, Wilson said, she could tell something was wrong with him. Then the boy showed his mother a sheet of paper with the word “ma’am” written numerous times, according to WTVD (https://abc11.com/education/tarboro-child-punished-for-calling-teacher-maam-/4041588/).

His teacher asked him to write it, he told his mother, and return it with a parent’s signature after he repeatedly called her the word despite being told not to do so."
https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-0/q84/p403x403/39913696_1904330802957574_8522898987257167872_n.jp g?_nc_cat=1&oh=8bef51dfe7f18ff6e78116f8a369e73f&oe=5C303A31
"A family member shared a picture of Tamarion’s paper along with a statement from his mother on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1904330796290908&set=a.194137193976952&type=3), where many chimed in, wondering why a respectful gesture had been met with this kind of punishment."

More....

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/fifth-grade-student-north-carolina-disciplined-calling-teacher-maam-200222136.html

The "teacher"... needs to write "I'm Sorry" a thousand times on a paper and have the Principle sign it.....Notice how they dont use the teachers name....

Gunny
08-25-2018, 06:03 PM
That teacher would have gotten more than a signed anything back from me. I would have ZERO problem getting a piece of teacher ass in front of God and everybody for THAT bullshit. My children were taught to respond with "sir/ma'am" and they did. Period.

jimnyc
08-25-2018, 06:05 PM
Notice how they dont use the teachers name....

Not in the article, but the woman wrote it on Facebook!! Her kid was RIGHT, "Ma'am" is STILL respectful. And down south, it is still taught that way, everyone is addressed as "yes sir or yes ma'am"

And while she mentions the school and teacher name, based on the TV stations as well, looks like she has her bases covered.

----

Facebook what is the definition of ma'am? My child was punished for addressing his teacher as ma'am. Mrs.Williams 5th grade teacher of North East Carolina Preparatory School made my child do write offs MA'AM and told him if she had some to throw she would because he kept calling her ma'am
We had a meeting today with her and the principal for her to say she will not answer him if she continue to call her ma'am and that she did say she would throw something at him. I can't say what won't said and have never seen anything like this before. With everything going on in the world when did it become a issue for a child to respect their elders.

#INeedAnswers
#ThisIsHisMother — with ABC7, WNCT-TV, WITN-TV and WRAL TV.

Gunny
08-25-2018, 06:15 PM
Not in the article, but the woman wrote it on Facebook!! Her kid was RIGHT, "Ma'am" is STILL respectful. And down south, it is still taught that way, everyone is addressed as "yes sir or yes ma'am"

And while she mentions the school and teacher name, based on the TV stations as well, looks like she has her bases covered.

----

Facebook what is the definition of ma'am? My child was punished for addressing his teacher as ma'am. Mrs.Williams 5th grade teacher of North East Carolina Preparatory School made my child do write offs MA'AM and told him if she had some to throw she would because he kept calling her ma'am
We had a meeting today with her and the principal for her to say she will not answer him if she continue to call her ma'am and that she did say she would throw something at him. I can't say what won't said and have never seen anything like this before. With everything going on in the world when did it become a issue for a child to respect their elders.

#INeedAnswers
#ThisIsHisMother — with ABC7, WNCT-TV, WITN-TV and WRAL TV.She should be suspended pending review for threatening to throw something at a child. OR refusing to respond to a student in her class.

Solution: Move the kid. To Hell with the bitch. I was Hell on teachers and counselors and Principals/VPs (residual hatred from when I was in school :)). I can't imagine if I'd had all this social media to play with :dev:

The worst was some dumbass counselor in Alexandria, VA telling me to tell my kid she was not allowed to defend herself. On my way to work, in uniform and I let her know in no uncertain terms EXACTLY what I thought about THAT rule. Suspend my kid. I'll take her to King's Dominion. I told her my daughter would have been in more trouble for NOT fighting back.

F-ing leftwingnut p*ssies.

Elessar
08-25-2018, 06:56 PM
That is absurd.

Bring up a child to be correctly respectful to her elders and be subjected to that?

It is no frikkin' wonder things have become so stupid, having a teacher react
that way.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-25-2018, 07:40 PM
I taught my children to say yes sir, no sir, yes ma'am, no ma'am when responding to adults.. Anybody telling my child that is wrong and punishing my child for obeying my instruction had better be ready to face the consequences. If the teacher was a male, that would be a damn fine ass'whooopin'..
If female, I see about getting her fired, and/or see about filing a lawsuit against the school.
I told my daughter and now tell my son- do not start a fight in school, but if any person starts fighting you-- fight back and do your very best to win-- you'll make your dad proud and not be in trouble with me.
School will take some action but I'll deal with it myself......
Folks, either we teach our kids right from wrong -or we let the liberal indoctrination camps= schools -- instruct them and brainwash them..
I'll fight anything in this damn universe for my child--and I am no damn pushover.
I am generally easy going when not riled up-- but riled up- I am worse than hell on wheels..
Some female in that neighborhood, should give that ffing teacher a damn fine ass stomping. IMHO..-Tyr

High_Plains_Drifter
08-25-2018, 08:58 PM
It's ALWAYS a DEMOCRAT pulling this kind of MORONIC BULL SHIT... ALWAYS... ALWAYS.

That "teacher," if that's what you want to call that JERK OFF HACK, should be FIRED, and never allowed back in a classroom.