PDA

View Full Version : John McCain.....

aboutime
08-25-2018, 07:55 PM
RIP. He passed today. Chemo is worse than the longest bout with the FLU.

He's finally at peace. As a fellow Veteran, I respect him for his service.

Otherwise. I would be a hypocrite if I pretended to praise his Service in THE SENATE.

May his family get their prayers answered, and bless them All.

Elessar
08-25-2018, 09:15 PM
https://www.aol.com/article/news/2018/08/25/john-mccain-republican-senator-and-vietnam-war-hero-dies-at-age-81/23509437/

I had a lot of respect for him...

High_Plains_Drifter
08-25-2018, 09:33 PM
Everybody dies... but I can't say I'm all tore up about him passing away.

I respect him for his service, but other than that, I was no fan of his.

May he rest in peace. I'm pretty sure he probably found his way to heaven.

Black Diamond
08-25-2018, 09:42 PM
Everybody dies... but I can't say I'm all tore up about him passing away.

I respect him for his service, but other than that, I was no fan of his.

May he rest in peace. I'm pretty sure he probably found his way to heaven.
Yeah I just feel for his daughter.

High_Plains_Drifter
08-25-2018, 10:04 PM
Yeah I just feel for his daughter.
Why?

My Dad is dead too and I got past it.

Black Diamond
08-26-2018, 10:01 PM
Why?

She might too but it takes time. I don't know why. It's not like I watch the view.

Black Diamond
08-26-2018, 10:02 PM
I still think if the economy hadn't collapsed, McCain would have been the 44th president.

pete311
08-27-2018, 07:14 AM
Why?

I know you can't see this, but a death of a dear loved one is not something to get past. It's not a hurdle to jump over and then moves into the distance.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-27-2018, 07:22 AM
I know you can't see this, but a death of a dear loved one is not something to get past. It's not a hurdle to jump over and then moves into the distance.

Perhaps his use of the phrase- about getting past it simply means its a part of life and the epic pain, sorrow and gloom eventually can be managed.
And in a way it is a hurdle, it is something that must be diminished by time and greater understanding..
Epic grief, such as having two babies born dead just a couple years apart, brings on epic grief...
One can eventually deal with such tragedy,epic grief and massive sorrows-- I did!
One overcomes the darkest gloom that seeks destruction, one does so by faith and sheer guts..
By faith and hope in the future Pete.--Tyr

Elessar
08-27-2018, 06:38 PM
Nice tribute from retired USMC Pilot Orson Swindle:

http://insider.foxnews.com/2018/08/27/john-mccain-vietnam-cellmate-orson-swindle-says-quite-hero-my-book

pete311
08-27-2018, 10:07 PM
Very disturbing account of his POW time
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYxMRiftYuY

aboutime
08-27-2018, 11:13 PM

For some, death in the family, or friends may not be something to get past. But everyone must. I lost my Father in 1982, my Mother in 2000, my youngest brother in 1999, my sister in 2002, and my last brother in 2006. I am the last of our family, our immediate family. There are no more to go back and visit, and love. Thank God, I still have my wife...of nearly 50 years in March, and two son's who have given us Six little one's to carry on the name.
I have gotten Past their loss. I had to, otherwise, I would have hidden somewhere, and drank myself to death. But I was stronger than that. EVERYONE eventually Dies. That's part of life we all need to accept. Nobody can change it. Not even self-proclaimed Psychiatrists who know ALL OF THE ANSWERS...(or at least...they think so.)

Elessar
08-27-2018, 11:26 PM
For some, death in the family, or friends may not be something to get past. But everyone must. I lost my Father in 1982, my Mother in 2000, my youngest brother in 1999, my sister in 2002, and my last brother in 2006. I am the last of our family, our immediate family. There are no more to go back and visit, and love. Thank God, I still have my wife...of nearly 50 years in March, and two son's who have given us Six little one's to carry on the name.
I have gotten Past their loss. I had to, otherwise, I would have hidden somewhere, and drank myself to death. But I was stronger than that. EVERYONE eventually Dies. That's part of life we all need to accept. Nobody can change it. Not even self-proclaimed Psychiatrists who know ALL OF THE ANSWERS...(or at least...they think so.)

Heartfelt, AT....Very genuine.

I have buried my Dad, then Step-Dad, and my Mother...lowering eaches' urns into the ground.

aboutime
08-28-2018, 03:58 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCGZafVL2gY