PDA

View Full Version : The Maverick vs MAGA: The Swamp Looks After Its' Own

FakeNewsSux
08-29-2018, 02:40 AM
Very interesting topic on Rush's show Tuesday. An old story made even more timely given the recent Manafort trial as well as the farewell letter from Sen. McCain, read by his former campaign manager, Rick Davis.:

https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/Cutaway-WAPO-082718-2007.jpg (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/01/24/AR2008012403383.html?noredirect=on)“A top political adviser in Sen. John McCain’s presidential campaign helped arrange an introduction in 2006 between McCain and a Russian billionaire whose suspected links to anti-democratic and organized-crime figures are so controversial that the U.S. government revoked his visa.
“Rick Davis, who is now McCain’s campaign manager –” remember this is 2008 — Rick Davis, who, by the way, is the Davis in Manafort Davis LLC, not to be confused with Rick Gates. This is Rick Davis of Manafort Davis, McCain’s campaign manager.
Washington Post: “Rick Davis, who is now McCain’s campaign manager, helped set up the encounter between McCain and Russian aluminum magnate Oleg Deripaska.” Does the name sound familiar? Deripaska was involved in the so-called Trump Tower meeting with Trump Jr. “Rick Davis, McCain’s campaign manager –” who is also his campaign manager in 2000 and 2008. “– set up the encounter between McCain and Russian aluminum oligarch Oleg Deripaska in Switzerland during an international economic conference. At the time, Davis was working for a lobbying firm,” Davis Manafort.

https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2018/08/27/john-mccains-2008-meetings-with-a-russian-oligarch/

High_Plains_Drifter
08-29-2018, 09:03 AM
Yeah just because McCain died doesn't all of a sudden magically turn him into an angel as pure as the driven snow. He was a RINO and could play as dirty as the rest of them.

Death takes us all, one and the same, and it won't make me any better or worse of a man than I was either. I am who I am in life, and dying doesn't change that. Same goes for everyone.

All this spontaneous gushing over McCain all of a sudden I find rather disingenuous.

pete311
08-29-2018, 09:28 AM
Yeah just because McCain died doesn't all of a sudden magically turn him into an angel as pure as the driven snow. He was a RINO and could play as dirty as the rest of them.

Death takes us all, one and the same, and it won't make me any better or worse of a man than I was either. I am who I am in life, and dying doesn't change that. Same goes for everyone.

All this spontaneous gushing over McCain all of a sudden I find rather disingenuous.

It's all relative to how we feel about Trump. Just like how we now look fondly on the GW Bush years.

STTAB
08-29-2018, 09:30 AM

I just ate a ban on another board for stating that McCain's military service (in which I think he was a hero for enduring being a POW btw) doesn't make him immune from criticism for the absolute sham that he was as a Senator.

High_Plains_Drifter
08-29-2018, 09:53 AM
I just ate a ban on another board for stating that McCain's military service (in which I think he was a hero for enduring being a POW btw) doesn't make him immune from criticism for the absolute sham that he was as a Senator.
Then that board has hacks for admin.

I read a comment on twitter that was just about perfect. Paraphrased, it was to the effect that, why can't we admit that we respect the man for his service, but still be truthful and hold him accountable for all the detestable things he did as a politician? Well, we CAN, and SHOULD.

STTAB
08-29-2018, 10:05 AM
Then that board has hacks for admin.

I read a comment on twitter that was just about perfect. Paraphrased, it was to the effect that, why can't we admit that we respect the man for his service, but still be truthful and hold him accountable for all the detestable things he did as a politician? Well, we CAN, and SHOULD.

People just aren't capable of doing such any more. I mean we can say the same about Trump

Trump is doing some good even great things as President, but his Tweeting is just EEK, shut the fuck up Donald. But fans of Trump get pissed if you say such.

What's wrong with saying a guy who you support does some things wrong or whatever?

High_Plains_Drifter
08-29-2018, 10:11 AM
People just aren't capable of doing such any more. I mean we can say the same about Trump

Trump is doing some good even great things as President, but his Tweeting is just EEK, shut the fuck up Donald. But fans of Trump get pissed if you say such.

What's wrong with saying a guy who you support does some things wrong or whatever?
The thing is though, he does an end run around the fake news when he tweets. The democrat propaganda wing absolutely hates it. They can't say something and then shut him up with no platform to respond. I think his tweets are great. It's his one direct channel to the people.

STTAB
08-29-2018, 10:58 AM
The thing is though, he does an end run around the fake news when he tweets. The democrat propaganda wing absolutely hates it. They can't say something and then shut him up with no platform to respond. I think his tweets are great. It's his one direct channel to the people.

Those tweets are fine. it's the tweets where he's calling people names and such, just shut up. Even the tweets about the "witch hunt" he needs to shut up with that crap. It wsan't okay for Obama to chime in with "the police acted stupidly" or "There was no there there, Hillary did nothing illegal" and isn't okay for Trump either. Gotta be consistent on that point, the POTUS should not be voicing a public opinion on criminal matters. Especially ones where ultimately he can just shut down an entire investigation if he wants.

High_Plains_Drifter
08-29-2018, 02:30 PM
Those tweets are fine. it's the tweets where he's calling people names and such, just shut up. Even the tweets about the "witch hunt" he needs to shut up with that crap. It wsan't okay for Obama to chime in with "the police acted stupidly" or "There was no there there, Hillary did nothing illegal" and isn't okay for Trump either. Gotta be consistent on that point, the POTUS should not be voicing a public opinion on criminal matters. Especially ones where ultimately he can just shut down an entire investigation if he wants.
I beg to differ. "People" call him much worse names than I see him calling them. I think he shows incredible restraint, and as far as tweeting about the witch hunt, well that's exactly what it is, and he has every right in the world to voice his opinion about it. Just because you're president doesn't mean you automatically lose your first amendment rights. Obama had a democrat propaganda wing camera in his face non stop. He didn't have to worry about spewing his BS. The left made sure that's all you ever heard. President Trump doesn't have that ability. He has to use what's available, and he does so to his advantage.

YOU don't like it, but I assure you, those of us that support our president think it's great, and I hope he continues.

STTAB
08-29-2018, 02:49 PM
I beg to differ. "People" call him much worse names than I see him calling them. I think he shows incredible restraint, and as far as tweeting about the witch hunt, well that's exactly what it is, and he has every right in the world to voice his opinion about it. Just because you're president doesn't mean you automatically lose your first amendment rights. Obama had a democrat propaganda wing camera in his face non stop. He didn't have to worry about spewing his BS. The left made sure that's all you ever heard. President Trump doesn't have that ability. He has to use what's available, and he does so to his advantage.

YOU don't like it, but I assure you, those of us that support our president think it's great, and I hope he continues.

Frankly, I'm sickened that you support things a President shouldn't do just because it's Trump doing them. That bullshit didn't fly when Obama was President and doing things Presidents shouldn't be doing, and it shouldn't be acceptable now. Trump is muddying the waters when he tweets about "with hunts" and such. It's all going to come out, it already is, he doesn't need to give anyone any ammunition. And a sitting President should NOT be weighing on criminal investigations. PERIOD

High_Plains_Drifter
08-29-2018, 04:24 PM
Frankly, I'm sickened that you support things a President shouldn't do just because it's Trump doing them. That bullshit didn't fly when Obama was President and doing things Presidents shouldn't be doing, and it shouldn't be acceptable now. Trump is muddying the waters when he tweets about "with hunts" and such. It's all going to come out, it already is, he doesn't need to give anyone any ammunition. And a sitting President should NOT be weighing on criminal investigations. PERIOD
I really don't give a rats ass how sick it makes you. You're entitled to your opinion and so am I.

Deal with it.

Elessar
08-29-2018, 06:36 PM

Personally, I am behind what Pres Trump is doing to 'right the ship',
but I cannot stand some of his 'tweets".

Elessar
08-29-2018, 06:37 PM

That is very true and a good point!

Elessar
08-29-2018, 06:47 PM

Well, Frankly...why did Obama stick his nose into a civil case where a black professor was indignant to
a decorated cop investigating a possible trespassing?

Why did Obama turn his back on the riots, damage and mayhem perpetuated by black mobs?

Why did Obama turn a blind eye to that idiotic "Occupy" movement that soiled
and damaged cities?

The list can be damn near endless.

Gunny
08-29-2018, 07:49 PM
It has been said I don't give Trump credit for what he does and that is an incorrect assumption. IMO, backdooring the MSM and the left via Twitter is probably one of if not THE most brilliant strategic political moves of this century so far and part of the last and I HAVE said that before. It probably did a LOT to get him elected. The left STILL has yet to figure out a way to combat it.

EXCEPT, and I agree with STTAB on this, when Trump puts bullets in their guns for them with petty crap. They don't have anything else but what Trump gives them. I know, *you* know, they know, he knows ... he's going to be wrong. Period. No matter what. It's like arguing with Pete. He just looks for words to twist and deflect with.

I also have been outspoken about when I think Trump is wrong and to half-ass quote High Plains Drifter: I don't give a rat's ass who doesn't like it. Issues, weakness, mistakes ... HAVE TO BE ADDRESSED. Pretending it never happened is what the LEFT does. Addressing them usually leads to corrective measures that preclude repeating the error. THAT is boot camp basic private shit, not the work of Einstein. And it works.

FakeNewsSux
08-30-2018, 12:57 AM

I'm not quite sure how this thread wandered off into a Trump bad/Trump good tug of war but I'd like to try and refocus on the initial posting. How is referring to the Mueller investigation as a 'witch hunt' a load of crap? Utilizing an army of partisan lawyers with an unlimited budget and boundless scope of non-criminal activity to investigate, zero proof of the initial charges has been found. Meanwhile, an endless string of criminal activity and collusion with Russia is widely known to have occurred in the Hillary campaign and nothing is looked at. Sounds like the definition of a 'witch hunt'. Then a ten year old Washington Post article comes to light and we see how bi-partisan the 'witch hunt' is.

Paul Manafort is found guilty of some tax charges years before he ever did a three month stint as Trump's campaign chief. Somehow this is now being used to improperly gather impeachment evidence by Mueller, trying to link Manafort's lobbying efforts on behalf of Russian oligarchs to the Trump campaign to demonstrate collusion with Russia to steal the election. But when Paul's partner actually does hook up John McCain with Putin's buddy, Deripaska, on multiple occasions, not a peep out of the DOJ. Plus, did the FBI start a counter intel investigation and plant a spy in the McCain campaign? Hell no. They gave him a heads up about the fishy Russian and dropped it even though the Senator continued his contacts. So Pres. Trump should just shut up about the bias of the Mueller investigation? I guess he should choose decorum and aplomb like Pres. Bush and wait for the MSM to stick up for him.

STTAB
08-30-2018, 10:59 AM
Well, Frankly...why did Obama stick his nose into a civil case where a black professor was indignant to
a decorated cop investigating a possible trespassing?

Why did Obama turn his back on the riots, damage and mayhem perpetuated by black mobs?

Why did Obama turn a blind eye to that idiotic "Occupy" movement that soiled
and damaged cities?

The list can be damn near endless.

100% correct, but that doesn't make it okay when Trump does something wrong. The President should not be weighing in on criminal matters. That Obama was the worst President ever really doesn't change that.

STTAB
08-30-2018, 11:01 AM
I'm not quite sure how this thread wandered off into a Trump bad/Trump good tug of war but I'd like to try and refocus on the initial posting. How is referring to the Mueller investigation as a 'witch hunt' a load of crap? Utilizing an army of partisan lawyers with an unlimited budget and boundless scope of non-criminal activity to investigate, zero proof of the initial charges has been found. Meanwhile, an endless string of criminal activity and collusion with Russia is widely known to have occurred in the Hillary campaign and nothing is looked at. Sounds like the definition of a 'witch hunt'. Then a ten year old Washington Post article comes to light and we see how bi-partisan the 'witch hunt' is.

Paul Manafort is found guilty of some tax charges years before he ever did a three month stint as Trump's campaign chief. Somehow this is now being used to improperly gather impeachment evidence by Mueller, trying to link Manafort's lobbying efforts on behalf of Russian oligarchs to the Trump campaign to demonstrate collusion with Russia to steal the election. But when Paul's partner actually does hook up John McCain with Putin's buddy, Deripaska, on multiple occasions, not a peep out of the DOJ. Plus, did the FBI start a counter intel investigation and plant a spy in the McCain campaign? Hell no. They gave him a heads up about the fishy Russian and dropped it even though the Senator continued his contacts. So Pres. Trump should just shut up about the bias of the Mueller investigation? I guess he should choose decorum and aplomb like Pres. Bush and wait for the MSM to stick up for him.

No, he should do what his job allows, fire Rosenstein and get a Deputy AG in there who can take control of this investigation and either show us why it should continue or end it.

None of that requires tweeting

FakeNewsSux
08-30-2018, 01:27 PM
No, he should do what his job allows, fire Rosenstein and get a Deputy AG in there who can take control of this investigation and either show us why it should continue or end it.

None of that requires tweeting

He already did what his job allows when he fired Comey and it can be argued, as Comey himself did, that the appointment of Mueller was the result. The former CIA chief was arguing that he be placed in front of a firing squad for simply meeting with Putin in Helsinki, so what would his punishment be for firing Rosenstein?

While it is true that none of this requires tweeting, it has simply become the President's most effective tool in getting his unfiltered point of view out to the public. I personally have nothing to do with the public sewer of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, etc. but sadly it has become a broadly accepted means of communication in our society today. It seems quite strange that you become so exorcised over Trump's use of social media while issuing nary a peep about those that utilize the very same outlets to personally savage the President on a daily basis.

STTAB
08-30-2018, 01:44 PM
He already did what his job allows when he fired Comey and it can be argued, as Comey himself did, that the appointment of Mueller was the result. The former CIA chief was arguing that he be placed in front of a firing squad for simply meeting with Putin in Helsinki, so what would his punishment be for firing Rosenstein?

While it is true that none of this requires tweeting, it has simply become the President's most effective tool in getting his unfiltered point of view out to the public. I personally have nothing to do with the public sewer of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, etc. but sadly it has become a broadly accepted means of communication in our society today. It seems quite strange that you become so exorcised over Trump's use of social media while issuing nary a peep about those that utilize the very same outlets to personally savage the President on a daily basis.

I'm happy to , and in fact do, blast any idiot who gets on social media screaming that Trump is a criminal. Hell I'd like to see Brennan named as an enemy of the state and killed, that has NOTHING to do with Trump's bad tweeting habits. For God sakes man, the President of the United States is the head of the US Justice Department, he shouldh't be publicly commenting on cases they are investigating. Let alone ones that involve him. I would further imagine that if this was President Clinton we were talking about and she was being investigated for her emails and was tweeting out shit like "this investigation was a sham, a witch hunt, I dint do nuffin" you would be livid. Which tells us all whats really the situation here.

LongTermGuy
08-30-2018, 02:07 PM

Keep Talking and KEEP TWEETING...Mr Trump....(in the know) Americans love it...Leftist and Never Trumpers dislike it....

**Caint trust the media to get the word out....Dont stop Tweeting and talking Mr Trump...it absolutely pisses off the Left and ( CLOSET NEVER-TRUMPERS)....:salute:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DlzgS8kWwAAz3k2.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dl3ioOSU0AEt5FP.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/874276197357596672/kUuht00m_bigger.jpg
Donald J. Trump (https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump)‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump (https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump) 8h8 hours ago (https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1035122954697433088)More

I just cannot state strongly enough how totally dishonest much of the Media is. Truth doesn’t matter to them, they only have their hatred & agenda. This includes fake books, which come out about me all the time, always anonymous sources, and are pure fiction. Enemy of the People!

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/874276197357596672/kUuht00m_bigger.jpgDonald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump (https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump) 6h6 hours ago (https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1035154621357064192)

The Rigged Russia Witch Hunt did not come into play, even a little bit, with respect to my decision on Don McGahn!

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/874276197357596672/kUuht00m_bigger.jpgDonald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump (https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump) 8h8 hours ago (https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1035125176617365504)

The news from the Financial Markets is even better than anticipated. For all of you that have made a fortune in the markets, or seen your 401k’s rise beyond your wildest expectations, more good news is coming!

:cool:

**Don’t Monkey This Up (https://twitter.com/hashtag/MonkeyThisUp?src=hash) guys! Vote Republican in the midterms on November 6th or Nancy Pelosi could be the Speaker of the House again!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dl3eY8dVsAAUeuj.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/874276197357596672/kUuht00m_bigger.jpg (https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump)
DOUBLE STANDARD: Obama Used The Term "Monkeyed Around" In 2008 And Nobody Batted An Eye...
https://pbs.twimg.com/card_img/1035222644319285249/SXKWIDVL?format=jpg&name=600x314
https://ilovemyfreedom.org/double-standard-obama-used-the-term-monkeyed-around-in-2008-and-nobody-batted-an-eye/?utm_source=realjack&utm_medium

FakeNewsSux
08-30-2018, 02:29 PM
I'm happy to , and in fact do, blast any idiot who gets on social media screaming that Trump is a criminal. Hell I'd like to see Brennan named as an enemy of the state and killed, that has NOTHING to do with Trump's bad tweeting habits. For God sakes man, the President of the United States is the head of the US Justice Department, he shouldh't be publicly commenting on cases they are investigating. Let alone ones that involve him. I would further imagine that if this was President Clinton we were talking about and she was being investigated for her emails and was tweeting out shit like "this investigation was a sham, a witch hunt, I dint do nuffin" you would be livid. Which tells us all whats really the situation here.

After seeing how the Clinton machine tarred and feathered Ken Starr, I wouldn't be livid about those types of tweets, I'd accept it as business as usual. I think the only thing that is speaking volumes throughout this thread is that you are highly conflicted about Pres. Trump. You apparently like the way he is governing, policy wise, but despise his personal manner. Would I like to see a less boorish, more deferential manner? Yea, probably, but I don't let it bother me. I understand the game of politics and the individuals involved. Heck, Bubba Clinton comes off as a caring, fun loving type of guy who I would love to have a beer with. Too bad he rapes and molests women and steals relief money from desperate earthquake survivors.

Pres. Bush stood back and didn't respond to any of the vile comments and accusations placed on him and his supporters because he had too much respect for the office to descend into the gutter. As a result, the sewage enveloped him and his supporters and gave us eight years of the worst administration in history. Pres. Trump meets resistance with a punch to the face in defense of himself and his supporters and has us on the threshold of a Reganesque rebirth for the nation. I'll take the brutish street fighter any day.