PDA

View Full Version : Ted Nugent is an interesting person

gabosaurus
08-24-2007, 10:46 PM
No, this is NOT another thread about the Nuge waving machine guns around on stage. It is about Ted Nugent the hypocrite.
My dad was a huge Nugent fan in the 1970's, which he wrote all of his relevant music. As well as being completely opposite of what he is now.
Modern conservatives should check out Nugent's interviews in issues of Creem, Circus and Rolling Stone. Including:
**Nugent was drafted during the waning days of the Viet Nam war. He showed up in a loin clothe, smeared with peanut butter and claiming to be a homosexual who would not be safe alone with other soldiers.
**Nugent also stated his opposition to the Viet Nam war, claiming to be a pacifist. He compared Americans fighting in Viet Nam to "Nazi-era butchers."
**Nugent used to be rabidly anti-gun. He only hunted with a bow and arrow and claimed guns were only owned by those who "enjoyed killing people."
**Don't know if Nugent is married now, but he was then. At the same time, he claimed "you aren't married on the road." And thus claimed he was not satisfied until he had "at least five girls every night."

Intriguing that Nugent loves veterans so much now, since he once stated that he had "zero respect" for those who served in Viet Nam.

nevadamedic
08-24-2007, 10:51 PM
No, this is NOT another thread about the Nuge waving machine guns around on stage. It is about Ted Nugent the hypocrite.
My dad was a huge Nugent fan in the 1970's, which he wrote all of his relevant music. As well as being completely opposite of what he is now.
Modern conservatives should check out Nugent's interviews in issues of Creem, Circus and Rolling Stone. Including:
**Nugent was drafted during the waning days of the Viet Nam war. He showed up in a loin clothe, smeared with peanut butter and claiming to be a homosexual who would not be safe alone with other soldiers.
**Nugent also stated his opposition to the Viet Nam war, claiming to be a pacifist. He compared Americans fighting in Viet Nam to "Nazi-era butchers."
**Nugent used to be rabidly anti-gun. He only hunted with a bow and arrow and claimed guns were only owned by those who "enjoyed killing people."
**Don't know if Nugent is married now, but he was then. At the same time, he claimed "you aren't married on the road." And thus claimed he was not satisfied until he had "at least five girls every night."

Intriguing that Nugent loves veterans so much now, since he once stated that he had "zero respect" for those who served in Viet Nam.

It's funny that you talk about him trying to get out of fighting in the War when a lot of your fellow Democrats did the same thing. Just look at Slick Willy.

You do make some good points though.

gabosaurus
08-24-2007, 10:54 PM
I agree. Slick Willie did as much to avoid joining the conflict as Dubya.

nevadamedic
08-24-2007, 10:57 PM

President Bush was a pilot in the military flying fighter planes, try again.

Abbey Marie
08-24-2007, 11:00 PM
So Nugent is afraid to fight a war, but he's the big bad warrior out in the woods with a gun shooting Bambi? Not very manly. :lame2:

gabosaurus
08-24-2007, 11:09 PM
President Bush was a pilot in the military flying fighter planes, try again.

Dubya flew planes in the reserves. When he bothered to show up. Try again.

stephanie
08-24-2007, 11:21 PM
I love Ted Nuggent...Saw him a bunch of times in the 70's..

Umm. can someone remind me, what yrs it was that Hillary and Obama was in the military...I musta forgot...Old age ya know...:coffee:

Sitarro
08-24-2007, 11:22 PM

President Bush flew the F-102 Delta Dagger, at a top speed of 825 mph it was the first supersonic interceptor in the U.S. Air Force. It was also an extremely difficult and dangerous aircraft. Fools don't fly and land aircraft like this and live to talk about it. I guess you among the many other ignorant fools that hate President Bush feel that protection of the actual mainland of the United States is not important or admirable....that is what the National Guard does...... He wasn't in the "reserves".

gabosaurus
08-24-2007, 11:25 PM
Whatever. This is not a thread about Dubya. It is a thread about Ted Nugent.

How do Viet Nam vets feel about Uncle Ted? Are they willing to forgive and forget, now that he has crossed over into the light?
I think they should accept Ted about the same time as they accept Jane Fonda.

Sitarro
08-24-2007, 11:27 PM
President Bush flew the F-102 Delta Dagger, at a top speed of 825 mph it was the first supersonic interceptor in the U.S. Air Force. It was also an extremely difficult and dangerous aircraft. Fools don't fly and land aircraft like this and live to talk about it. I guess you among the many other ignorant fools that hate President Bush feel that protection of the actual mainland of the United States is not important or admirable....that is what the National Guard does...... He wasn't in the "reserves".

By the way, my father served as a fighter pilot in WW2 and Korea, he served in the U.S. Air Force for 29 years. He not only didn't begrudge President Bush's service with the National Guard, he had a very deep respect and love for his President...... :salute:

Sitarro
08-24-2007, 11:31 PM
Whatever. This is not a thread about Dubya. It is a thread about Ted Nugent.

How do Viet Nam vets feel about Uncle Ted? Are they willing to forgive and forget, now that he has crossed over into the light?
I think they should accept Ted about the same time as they accept Jane Fonda.

You're the ass that chose to denigrate the President's service to his Country that he continues today as Commander In Chief, you are nothing but a parrot.

Where is the proof that the stories you tell about Ted Nugent are any more accurate than the idiot remarks you parrot about the President.

stephanie
08-24-2007, 11:39 PM
You're the ass that chose to denigrate the President's service to his Country that he continues today as Commander In Chief, you are nothing but a parrot.

Where is the proof that the stories you tell about Ted Nugent are any more accurate than the idiot remarks you parrot about the President.

Yepper...she did alright...

Now the backpeddling begins...

I didn't have a picture of a parrot.
But, I did have this one of peddling...

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/alaskamomma/edwardsbiker-1.gif

:laugh2:

Sitarro
08-24-2007, 11:44 PM
Yepper...she did alright...

Now the backpeddling begins...

I didn't have a picture of a parrot.
But, I did have this one of peddling...

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/alaskamomma/edwardsbiker-1.gif

:laugh2:

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

gabosaurus
08-24-2007, 11:46 PM
Nevada is the one who brought Bush into this thread. I apologize for responding to his comments. We can easily debate Bush's military service in another thread. I invite anyone to start one.

This is about Ted Nugent. If you don't want to discuss Ted Nugent's similarities with Jane Fonda, don't bother responding.

stephanie
08-24-2007, 11:55 PM
Nevada is the one who brought Bush into this thread. I apologize for responding to his comments. We can easily debate Bush's military service in another thread. I invite anyone to start one.

This is about Ted Nugent. If you don't want to discuss Ted Nugent's similarities with Jane Fonda, don't bother responding.

Sorry sweetie...NM brought up slick willy...You brought up Dubya...go back and read again...

And as sitarro asked, where is a link of all this information on Nuggent..???

As I said I've known of Ted Nuggent for 30 yrs. and he hasn't changed any in my opionion....and I know I'm 30 yrs older than you are....(but don't tell anyone....ok).

But if you have a source, it would be nice of you........to POST IT....:poke:

gabosaurus
08-25-2007, 12:30 AM
My dad has all the magazines, which were before my time.
But here is the reaction of a Viet Nam vet who read another variation of the story of Nugent avoid the draft.

http://www.topix.com/us-house/chet-edwards/2007/06/ted-nugent-a-tolerant-guy-except-for-these-lefty-impulses

pitman

Jun 17, 2007

As a Vietnam veteran I say who the hell cares what the coward Nugent says? Ya see, ya have to earn respect and acknowledgement from the general public before they afford you any credibility. AND, given the fact that Nugent admitted in an interview with the Detroit Free Press (July 15, 1990) to urinating and defecating in his pants to avoid serving his country during the Vietnam War, his credibility and integrity are in a septic tank, just where he belongs. Now he makes "Blood Money" touring the country preaching about the Constitution, patriotism and the right to bear arms, while men from the generation he betrayed are languishing in veterans hospitals around the country. Many are penniless and homeless and still suffering from emotional and physical wounds from a war that he ran from. He became rich while over 58,000 men bled and died for his right to wave his guns around. He's a filthy, chicken,lily-livered coward.

As for his hypocritical stance on free speech, he sure as hell didn't want to hear it from this Vietnam veteran when I confronted him during his presentation on October 25, 2006 at the University of Wisconsin Madison. I called him just what he is, a filthy yellow-bellied, chicken-livered coward for boasting of urinating and defecating in his pants to avoid serving his country during Vietnam. And what did old Turd Nugget say? "F--- you, and eat shit and die" and then he shut my mic off. Well Turd Nugget, so much for freedom of speech and your respect for veterans. Can't change the spots of a leopard, Turd Nugget. No matter how you measure it, you're still a phony, lying, filthy, yellow-bellied coward. Get your urine soaked, fecal stained, army-fatigued, costumed ass down to the Vietnam Memorial in D.C. and apologize to all Vietnam veterans with the major news media there to document the hypocrisy and lies that you've been living.

Pale Rider
08-25-2007, 12:44 AM
My dad has all the magazines, which were before my time.
But here is the reaction of a Viet Nam vet who read another variation of the story of Nugent avoid the draft.

http://www.topix.com/us-house/chet-edwards/2007/06/ted-nugent-a-tolerant-guy-except-for-these-lefty-impulses

pitman

Jun 17, 2007

As a Vietnam veteran I say who the hell cares what the coward Nugent says? Ya see, ya have to earn respect and acknowledgement from the general public before they afford you any credibility. AND, given the fact that Nugent admitted in an interview with the Detroit Free Press (July 15, 1990) to urinating and defecating in his pants to avoid serving his country during the Vietnam War, his credibility and integrity are in a septic tank, just where he belongs. Now he makes "Blood Money" touring the country preaching about the Constitution, patriotism and the right to bear arms, while men from the generation he betrayed are languishing in veterans hospitals around the country. Many are penniless and homeless and still suffering from emotional and physical wounds from a war that he ran from. He became rich while over 58,000 men bled and died for his right to wave his guns around. He's a filthy, chicken,lily-livered coward.

As for his hypocritical stance on free speech, he sure as hell didn't want to hear it from this Vietnam veteran when I confronted him during his presentation on October 25, 2006 at the University of Wisconsin Madison. I called him just what he is, a filthy yellow-bellied, chicken-livered coward for boasting of urinating and defecating in his pants to avoid serving his country during Vietnam. And what did old Turd Nugget say? "F--- you, and eat shit and die" and then he shut my mic off. Well Turd Nugget, so much for freedom of speech and your respect for veterans. Can't change the spots of a leopard, Turd Nugget. No matter how you measure it, you're still a phony, lying, filthy, yellow-bellied coward. Get your urine soaked, fecal stained, army-fatigued, costumed ass down to the Vietnam Memorial in D.C. and apologize to all Vietnam veterans with the major news media there to document the hypocrisy and lies that you've been living.

Is this true? I never knew he did that. If he did, my opinion of him will surely change.

08-25-2007, 01:17 AM

Most people grow up.

08-25-2007, 01:17 AM

When did Willie volunteer for service like President Bush? When did he get turned down?

CockySOB
08-25-2007, 01:28 AM

If you don't know what the risks of simply doing stateside training in those aircraft, you might want to do some research. Then again since it's you, Gaby, I doubt you really care to find out just how dangerous the flight training was.

What a tool you are....

gabosaurus
08-26-2007, 11:03 AM
There are a lot of men who heeded the call and went off to fight in Viet Nam. I know there are some on this board. Ted Nugent was not one of them.
Since his music has not been relevant since the 70's, Uncle Ted needed a new schtick. So he decided to become ultra-conservative. Not a bad move in itself, but one that flies the flag of hypocrisy.

Ted Nugent is trying to hang with the very people that he spit in the face of more than 30 years ago. I know from reading this board (and others) that Viet Nam vets have very long memories. If you do simple internet searches, you will see that it is mostly the younger fans who embrace Nugent. The vets still scorn him for his cowardice in avoiding military service and his hateful comments toward those who chose to serve.

My question to DP vets: Is Nugent's embrace of conservative values now enough to make up for his actions during the Viet Nam era?

darin
08-26-2007, 11:09 AM
If you want to post an OPINION piece - that is YOUR opinion, do so in the lounge.