PDA

View Full Version : Crazy Michigan

Abbey Marie
09-04-2018, 05:46 PM
Before and after a storm... Click to enlarge.

High_Plains_Drifter
09-05-2018, 08:02 AM
Yeah that's the one thing us northerners really fear... ICE. It builds up on the trees and bends them over, snaps branches and worst of all, brings down power lines. So not only are you without power in an ice storm, the roads are probably too bad for the line trucks to come out and fix it.

That's why I have two generators.

aboutime
09-05-2018, 08:14 PM
Yeah that's the one thing us northerners really fear... ICE. It builds up on the trees and bends them over, snaps branches and worst of all, brings down power lines. So not only are you without power in an ice storm, the roads are probably too bad for the line trucks to come out and fix it.

That's why I have two generators.

High Plains. Being a former Northerner, from Pennsylvania. Living in Virginia has spoiled me.
If, and When the local, country, state, and feds get their heads together...AT LAST, to rebuild INFRASTRUCTURE the Dems have been demanding...but never spending on.
Perhaps the solution to such ICE storms in the North, could be like here in Virginia.
Today, a majority of our Power Grid is composed of UNDERGROUND power lines, not threatened by wind, ice, storms as they are in the North.

We have a generator because we live in Hurricane Territory, within miles of the Atlantic, and the Gulf stream...which storms follow, due to yearly, warm waters.
Hope the govt. can find a remedy before More People without Generators...lose everything.