PDA

View Full Version : Football Pool

jimnyc
08-25-2007, 06:05 AM
The NFL season officially starts on Thursday, September 6th followed by a full slate of games on Sunday the 9th.

Anyone interested in making picks for bragging rights? I can setup a system for handling all our picks if enough people are interested. Also, if enough are interested, we can make a 'small donation' in the beginning and the winner at the end of the regular season takes it all! We can have a vote on who handles the donations.

Post here if you're interested. I'll start scouting out a way to handle the picks!

OCA
08-25-2007, 07:55 AM
Seems I tried this last year and you were the only other one interested, i'm in if others get in.

Mr. P
08-25-2007, 08:10 AM
The NFL season officially starts on Thursday, September 6th followed by a full slate of games on Sunday the 9th.

Anyone interested in making picks for bragging rights? I can setup a system for handling all our picks if enough people are interested. Also, if enough are interested, we can make a 'small donation' in the beginning and the winner at the end of the regular season takes it all! We can have a vote on who handles the donations.

Post here if you're interested. I'll start scouting out a way to handle the picks!

Thanks for reminding me it's the time of year we will endlessly see grown men try an break each others neck and then hear all about it for days on end, Butt-Head!

Did I say football is a mindless useless activity? Kinda like a dog fight. IMO :poke:

That is all.

Abbey Marie
08-25-2007, 10:48 AM
I just came into this forum to post a request for a pool, and saw this :clap:

But- can you guys handle it if a woman wins the pool? :coffee:

OCA
08-25-2007, 10:52 AM
I just came into this forum to post a request for a pool, and saw this :clap:

But- can you guys handle it if a woman wins the pool? :coffee:

Uhhhhh, no, that would not happen........i'm better than Vegas.

Abbey Marie
08-25-2007, 10:55 AM
Uhhhhh, no, that would not happen........i'm better than Vegas.

Cool; we have the makings of a fun pool now. We will at least have Jimmy & the Greeks. :laugh2:

82Marine89
08-25-2007, 01:16 PM
I'm in.

OCA
08-25-2007, 01:28 PM
Cool; we have the makings of a fun pool now. We will at least have Jimmy & the Greeks. :laugh2:

Did you ever find out where your pappou was from?

Abbey Marie
08-25-2007, 04:02 PM
Did you ever find out where your pappou was from?

My grandfather, grandmother, and my mom are all gone, so I will have to "rekindle" an extended family relationship to get any info. I will try, though.

OCA
08-25-2007, 04:59 PM
My grandfather, grandmother, and my mom are all gone, so I will have to "rekindle" an extended family relationship to get any info. I will try, though.

Ok, got ya my dear. If its alot of work don't worry about it, you are cool and probably hot so you are probably Kritkia(Cretan gal).

jimnyc
08-25-2007, 06:11 PM
Thanks for reminding me it's the time of year we will endlessly see grown men try an break each others neck and then hear all about it for days on end, Butt-Head!

Did I say football is a mindless useless activity? Kinda like a dog fight. IMO :poke:

That is all.

Is this your way of saying you are in? LOL

So far we have:

Me
OCA
Abbey
82Marine89

I would like to have at least 10 participants but I suppose I can have just as much fun wiping the floor with just a few. :)

OCA
08-25-2007, 06:12 PM

So far we have:

Me
OCA
Abbey
82Marine89

I would like to have at least 10 participants but I suppose I can have just as much fun wiping the floor with just a few. :)

Shit! Buddy, i'm a handicapper extrordinaire.

jimnyc
08-25-2007, 06:15 PM
Shit! Buddy, i'm a handicapper extrordinaire.

Let's give you a little test on pre-season:

Ny Giants vs NY Jets - 8pm tonight

And since it's only pre-season, give me your thoughts on how the first stringers perform!

OCA
08-25-2007, 06:20 PM
Let's give you a little test on pre-season:

Ny Giants vs NY Jets - 8pm tonight

And since it's only pre-season, give me your thoughts on how the first stringers perform!

Preseason.....not really my thing, i'll bet you i've watched a total of 1 quarter of preseason football this year but i'll give it a crack anyway.

Eli Manning does not impress me, I don't think he gets Shockey involved early and enough...........Always liked Chad Pennington although he is injury prone, the Giants D is aging, Jets D is decent............I give edge to Jets tonight.

OCA
08-25-2007, 06:21 PM
I'll be getting updates on the game I think on ESPN where i'll be camped out tonight watching the race from the bull ring known as..............Bristol.

jimnyc
08-25-2007, 06:26 PM
Eli Manning does not impress me, I don't think he gets Shockey involved early and enough...........Always liked Chad Pennington although he is injury prone, the Giants D is aging, Jets D is decent............I give edge to Jets tonight.

I know Jackass will disagree with me but I don't like Eli. He'll never be half as good as his brother. I think Pennington is much better, at least before all of his injuries. Not having Strahan will still hurt the Giants too, although I think Plex will be back tonight. And FWIW - I think I read that Shockey may be held out due to injury.

I'll be getting updates on the game I think on ESPN where i'll be camped out tonight watching the race from the bull ring known as..............Bristol.

Same here, believe it or not! Jimmie Johnson needs to get a top 5 to keep a grasp on the chase! Look how great him and Gordon have done this year, and wait until Junior joins the ranks next year!

OCA
08-25-2007, 06:36 PM
Same here, believe it or not! Jimmie Johnson needs to get a top 5 to keep a grasp on the chase! Look how great him and Gordon have done this year, and wait until Junior joins the ranks next year!

I don't watch much NASCAR but i'll watch the short track races like Bristol, Martinsville, Richmond and also the super speedway races at Talladega other than that..........boring.

Mr. P
08-25-2007, 08:10 PM

So far we have:

Me
OCA
Abbey
82Marine89

I pick the team Terry Bradshaw is playing for.. :laugh2:

82Marine89
08-25-2007, 09:41 PM

So far we have:

Me
OCA
Abbey
82Marine89

Call me Mick.

jimnyc
08-28-2007, 02:31 PM
Call me Mick.

Ok!

So we have:

Mick
jimnyc
Jackass
Abbey
OCA

Is that it? C'mon people! Scared of OCA and his trash talking? :)

OCA
08-28-2007, 02:51 PM
Ok!

So we have:

Mick
jimnyc
Jackass
Abbey
OCA

And trash talking I have planned! Don't let me bust out 12-4, 13-3.....it will be on boys and girls!

Jimmy, put up some sort of banner on the main page about the pool from here until Thursday afternoon, maybe some people don't come to the sports section.

Abbey Marie
08-28-2007, 03:12 PM
Ok, got ya my dear. If its alot of work don't worry about it, you are cool and probably hot so you are probably Kritkia(Cretan gal).

Oops, I just saw this. Tried to rep you, and all... :beer:

jimnyc
08-28-2007, 03:13 PM
And trash talking I have planned! Don't let me bust out 12-4, 13-3.....it will be on boys and girls!

Jimmy, put up some sort of banner on the main page about the pool from here until Thursday afternoon, maybe some people don't come to the sports section.

Good idea, will work on that ...

Abbey Marie
08-28-2007, 03:13 PM

Outstanding idea! More losers, uh, I mean, players, would be fun. :laugh2:

OCA
08-28-2007, 03:27 PM
Good idea, will work on that ...

Damn straight its a good idea!:poke:

typomaniac
08-28-2007, 05:11 PM
No prize besides bragging rights? Bah! Not a chance.

OCA
08-28-2007, 05:57 PM

If we ask for a money pool then noone joins, i'd be in in a heartbeat but I tried that last year and literally only Jimmy and I were in.

I say the winner gets to ban the member of his choice for a week, is that enough to get you in? Hell if some cosmic miracle happens and I don't win and you do you can ban me...............but shit what am I saying.......that ain't gonna happen.

typomaniac
08-28-2007, 05:58 PM
If we ask for a money pool then noone joins, i'd be in in a heartbeat but I tried that last year and literally only Jimmy and I were in.

I say the winner gets to ban the member of his choice for a week, is that enough to get you in? Hell if some cosmic miracle happens and I don't win and you do you can ban me...............but shit what am I saying.......that ain't gonna happen.

Agreed: it would be way more fun to ban Jimmy! :cool:

jimnyc
08-29-2007, 04:11 AM

Bragging rights can be worth a lot, IMO! But I did in fact offer to have an ante to enter the pool, and we can do so for the year or weekly. That's up to you guys! Maybe I'll start a poll...

Agreed: it would be way more fun to ban Jimmy! :cool:

Hey, if this is what you guys wanted, I could ban myself for a week if that's what the winner chose! :)

AFbombloader
08-29-2007, 06:53 AM
If you will let a new guy in, I will play.

jimnyc
08-29-2007, 07:07 AM
If you will let a new guy in, I will play.

Absolutely! The page for submitting your picks is stickied at the top of this forum, but they don't need to be submitted until the 6th of Sept.

hjmick
08-29-2007, 06:43 PM
Fuck it, I'm game.

I hate commitment.

nevadamedic
08-29-2007, 06:47 PM
Ok!

So we have:

Mick
jimnyc
Jackass
Abbey
OCA

:poke: You left someone out there.............. :slap:

OCA
08-29-2007, 06:49 PM
:poke: You left someone out there.............. :slap:

I think maybe you ain't allowed in, not trustworthy enough.

Abbey Marie
08-29-2007, 08:54 PM
Where are my goils? Don't make me represent for all females here. :poke:

Abbey Marie
08-29-2007, 08:55 PM
Question for Jim:

Which is the official trash talking thread? :laugh2:

Kathianne
08-29-2007, 09:26 PM

My dad did my picks, when I participated. No longer possible. :(