PDA

View Full Version : President Trump May Use Military to Build Border Wall

jimnyc
09-10-2018, 03:49 PM
Some of us mentioned and discussed this very option a few months back, and I think he should go for it. The way the Dems obstruct and refuse to even entertain things, and have declared they would more or less do that with anything, I would go through the defense spending and do it that way. This way, they can help prevent the influx of ILLEGAL immigrants at our borders, like the Dems themselves wanted. :)

---

President Trump May Use Military to Build Border Wall

In an interview published Friday, President Donald Trump revealed he is mulling plans to use the military to build a wall on the U.S.-Mexico border.

Traveling from Billings, Montana to Fargo, North Dakota aboard Air Force One, President Trump told the Daily Mail he possesses “two options,” when it comes to building the border wall: “We have military, we have homeland security,” he said.

Of the two, the president said he prefers Congress approve the approximately $25 billion in spending that he’s seeking for the wall and have Department of Homeland Security undertake the project. “Politically speaking, I’d rather get it through Congress. If we don’t, I’m looking at that option very seriously,” he said.

“The possibility of diverting Pentagon funding and assets to build a border wall is a hole card the president is holding but has never directly acknowledged before. Two Defense Department officials told DailyMail.com in August that the Army Corps of Engineers could take on the task,” writes reporter David Martosko.

Asked if Army Corps of Engineers were equipped to build the wall, one source told the paper, “They build levees that hold back massive walls of water,’ one said of the agency. ‘They can build one to hold back drugs and human traffickers.”

As part of the $1.3 trillion omnibus spending bill passed in March, Congress earmarked only $1.6 billion for border security. In what many perceived to have been a broken promise, a paltry $38 million is allowed to be used for “border barrier planning and design.”

Rest - https://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/09/08/president-trump-may-use-military-to-build-border-wall/

jimnyc
09-10-2018, 03:50 PM
I'd rather via the Army corps of engineers, but there's always this too...

Will He or Won't He? Trump Mulls Government Shutdown over Wall While GOP Frets

Donald Trump is determined to build his border wall, even if he has to shut down the government to do it.

Well, maybe.

Whether Trump will shutter the federal government over funds for the border wall apparently depends entirely on what day of the week it is and who he is talking to.

Trump told The Daily Caller two days ago, "I don't like the idea of shutdowns," adding that "I don't see even myself or anybody else closing down the country right now."

But yesterday, the president told Fox News that if it were up to him, he'd "shut down the government over border security." Trump added, "I guess when you get right down to it, it is up to me, but I don't want to do anything to hurt us or potentially hurt us.”

Trump suggested that he won't shut down the government until after midterms, meaning he would probably accept a continuing resolution to fund the government that would last a few weeks.

Politico:

The prospect of additional funding for Trump’s border wall has created a rift on Capitol Hill between GOP leadership, who fear that a shutdown weeks before the midterms would damage Republican candidates, and conservatives who have leveraged the threat of shutdowns in the past to win policy concessions.

Trump said he had received commitments from House Speaker Paul Ryan and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell to increase funding for the wall in addition to what appropriators have already agreed to provide.

“We’ll do it right after the election where hopefully, frankly, it will be easy because we have more Republicans, not less,” he said.

Rest - https://pjmedia.com/trending/will-he-or-wont-he-trump-mulls-government-shutdown-while-gop-frets/

Elessar
09-10-2018, 05:03 PM
Tough to see him forced to to straddle this fence.

Yet it is VITAL to our Nation's Security to close the sieve that the southern border
has become.

ACOE is the right choice. Increase the budget for it and get to it!

USCG, Border Patrol, and Customs do a LOT in the Maritime Realm.

It is far beyond time that the landlocked borders be secure!