PDA

View Full Version : Celebrating a booming economy

jimnyc
09-10-2018, 07:07 PM
Ummmm, yup.

---

Celebrating a booming economy

This past week I asked a friend at the White House about how the president was holding up against the onslaught of media attacks. “They didn’t even deliver a glancing blow,” was the response. It wasn’t for a lack of trying.

Has any president in modern times been the target of such a Blitzkrieg of orchestrated assaults — from Sen. McCain’s funeral turned anti-Trump scrum, to Bob Woodward’s discredited new book trashing the president, to the media infatuation with The New York Times op-ed penned anonymously by a disgruntled federal employee who hates President Trump.

Here we go again. Mr. Trump is (for the umpteenth time) characterized as dangerous, deranged, delusional, infantile, racist and amoral. But Mr. Trump is like Mohammad Ali playing rope-a-dope while George Foreman (the media) is flailing away and punching himself out. The only people who pay attention to the anti-Trump screeds are already frothing at the mouth with Trump hatred. What is the point?

After all this time the “resistance” movement is still utterly clueless about Mr. Trump, his followers and the appeal of his America First agenda. Just why is he “deranged?” Because he is overturning trade deals, pulling the United States out of anti-America climate change treaties, building a wall to keep out undesirables, cutting taxes, slashing regulation and insisting that Europe pay it’s fair share of NATO’s costs.

Well, yes. Guilty as charged. When dismayed reporters ask me why he is doing all these things that are so offensive to the chattering class, my response is almost always the same: “Um, because thisis what he promised voters he was going to do. Weren’t you paying attention?”

Voters sure were. It turns out Americans outside the beltway weren’t so enthralled with the New World Order or the anemic Obama economic program that is being dismantled.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/sep/9/why-trump-deserves-a-nobel-prize-in-economics/