PDA

View Full Version : Local school reinstates paddle policy

jimnyc
09-11-2018, 02:23 PM
No doubt the liberals are opting out! And I have to wonder how long before one of them files some sort of abuse lawsuit, even if it doesn't involve them, and it's legal.

I remember when I was in catholic school to prepare for my communion and confirmation, and the nuns wouldn't hesitate to whip out a ruler on you if you were bad! It was more embarrassing and scary than it was painful in any way. I surely learned to behave in school and not disturb the class!

---

Local school reinstates paddle policy

HEPHZIBAH, Ga. (WRDW/WAGT) -- An area school recently sent home consent forms informing them of a new corporal policy at an area school. The superintendent says they’ve received a little over a hundred forms back, a third of them giving consent to paddle their child.

In this school, we take discipline very seriously,” said Jody Boulineau, Superintendent of GSIC.

GSIC is going old school with a new policy for this year.

"There was a time where corporal punishment was kind of the norm in school and you didn't have the problems that you have,” the Superintendent said.

You heard that right. Georgia School for Innovation and the Classics, a K through 9 charter school, is bringing back paddling students as a form of discipline.

"It's just one more tool that we have in our disciplinary toolbox that we can use,” Superintendent Boulineau said.

Parents got a "consent to paddle form" asking them if they're ok with administrators hitting their child with a wooden paddle.

"There's no obligation, it's not required. A parent can either give consent for us to use that as a disciplinary measure or they can deny consent," he said.

The form spells it out: a student will be taken into an office behind closed doors. The student will place their hands on their knees or piece of furniture and will be struck on the buttocks with a paddle.

The form says no more than three licks should be given. Superintendent Boulineau says the parent response has been across the board.

" I've heard 'great, it's about time, 'we're so glad that this is happening again, they should've never taken it out of schools'. All the way to 'oh my goodness I can't believe you are doing that'."

A controversial policy that hasn't been around for years. If parents opt out of paddling, they have to agree to up to 5 days of suspension.

Rest - http://www.wrdw.com/content/news/Local-school-wants-to-reinstate-paddle-policy-parents-weigh-in--492634691.html

Gunny
09-12-2018, 09:14 PM
My autograph is on more than one paddle (probably behind glass as a relic now :laugh:). I was like a magnet for them damned things.

I honestly believe that our left-leaning, legislate from the bench society that has empowered the "inmates" while emasculating the authority figures has down us, our children and our future society a GREAT disservice.

High_Plains_Drifter
09-13-2018, 12:55 PM
One time in a math class I got accused of talking and the teacher, known for loving to give kids "the board," told me to stay after class. After class he told me to go in his back office, I did, he got out his board and told me put my hands on his desk and I said "no." He told me again to put my hands on the desk and I said, "no, not now, not ever, you're not going to hit me with that thing." His face got beet red and he told me to report to the office. I left and reported to the office and was directed into the principles office. HE asked me what had happened, and I told him that others had been talking but I was the one that got singled out. He said regardless I had to respect the teachers authority. I told him giving me the board wasn't part of his authority, and the principle said yes it is. Well, that meeting ended and then my Dad got wind of what happened. He went down to the school and went into the office and demanded to know where this math teacher was. They wouldn't tell him, but the principle heard the commotion and came out of his office and asked what was going on. Long story short, my Dad got up in his grill and said if any teacher ever laid a hand on one of his kids at that school, he'd be back and square off with that teacher. When the principle attempted to purport that it was up to the teachers discretion whether or not to give a student the board, my Dad replied that it was then his discretion whether or not he'd kick that teachers ass, and that was the end of that. Dad said if my kids do something wrong, you tell ME, and I will discipline them, NOT YOU. You don't EVER touch one of my kids.

pete311
09-13-2018, 01:00 PM
Physical abuse of a child is never right. When you resort to abuse it means you have failed.

STTAB
09-13-2018, 01:06 PM
No doubt the liberals are opting out! And I have to wonder how long before one of them files some sort of abuse lawsuit, even if it doesn't involve them, and it's legal.

I remember when I was in catholic school to prepare for my communion and confirmation, and the nuns wouldn't hesitate to whip out a ruler on you if you were bad! It was more embarrassing and scary than it was painful in any way. I surely learned to behave in school and not disturb the class!

---

Local school reinstates paddle policy

HEPHZIBAH, Ga. (WRDW/WAGT) -- An area school recently sent home consent forms informing them of a new corporal policy at an area school. The superintendent says they’ve received a little over a hundred forms back, a third of them giving consent to paddle their child.

In this school, we take discipline very seriously,” said Jody Boulineau, Superintendent of GSIC.

GSIC is going old school with a new policy for this year.

"There was a time where corporal punishment was kind of the norm in school and you didn't have the problems that you have,” the Superintendent said.

You heard that right. Georgia School for Innovation and the Classics, a K through 9 charter school, is bringing back paddling students as a form of discipline.

"It's just one more tool that we have in our disciplinary toolbox that we can use,” Superintendent Boulineau said.

Parents got a "consent to paddle form" asking them if they're ok with administrators hitting their child with a wooden paddle.

"There's no obligation, it's not required. A parent can either give consent for us to use that as a disciplinary measure or they can deny consent," he said.

The form spells it out: a student will be taken into an office behind closed doors. The student will place their hands on their knees or piece of furniture and will be struck on the buttocks with a paddle.

The form says no more than three licks should be given. Superintendent Boulineau says the parent response has been across the board.

" I've heard 'great, it's about time, 'we're so glad that this is happening again, they should've never taken it out of schools'. All the way to 'oh my goodness I can't believe you are doing that'."

A controversial policy that hasn't been around for years. If parents opt out of paddling, they have to agree to up to 5 days of suspension.

Rest - http://www.wrdw.com/content/news/Local-school-wants-to-reinstate-paddle-policy-parents-weigh-in--492634691.html

We paddle at our school. With parental consent. Believe it or not, more parents consent then not.

Elessar
09-13-2018, 06:56 PM
Physical abuse of a child is never right. When you resort to abuse it means you have failed.

It can be a matter of perspective. I do not condone abuse at all. Once a math teacher smacked my hands and the
back of my head for 'talking in class' while we were all directed to put our heads on the desk. I had not uttered a peep,
so teacher was wrong. Mr. XXXXXX was in a foul mood.

Dad was home from 'Nam, and I told him about it. He went to the school next day and pulled Mr. XXXXX aside, telling him
if he ever touched one of his kids again without justification, He would have his head ripped off.

I never spanked my boy Neil but once for darting into oncoming traffic in Belmont Shore CA. He was spoiled rotten
by his G-mother on my ex-wife's side. He looked at me and said "That didn't hurt". I told him "you had better hope
it never does". Only other time was when I flicked his cheek with a stinger when he mouthed off to me. Never happened again.

Too many liberals fail to discipline and raise their kids, thinking it is society's burden - or they flat out do not give
a damn.

Gunny
09-13-2018, 08:46 PM
Physical abuse of a child is never right. When you resort to abuse it means you have failed.Oh shut up with your "physical abuse" bullshit. And you are wrong. Pain is a GREAT motivator. Without abuse, pantywaist bitch. Spanking is only "abuse" if it's abused. Except for little snowflakes of YOUR ilk.

You make me sick sometimes with your leftwingnut, pansy-ass shit.

SassyLady
09-13-2018, 09:01 PM
My parents told me I better not ever get spanked in school because the one I would get when I got home would be 10 times worse. My parents WERE abusers ... I never got spanked at school.

Gunny
09-13-2018, 09:14 PM
One time in a math class I got accused of talking and the teacher, known for loving to give kids "the board," told me to stay after class. After class he told me to go in his back office, I did, he got out his board and told me put my hands on his desk and I said "no." He told me again to put my hands on the desk and I said, "no, not now, not ever, you're not going to hit me with that thing." His face got beet red and he told me to report to the office. I left and reported to the office and was directed into the principles office. HE asked me what had happened, and I told him that others had been talking but I was the one that got singled out. He said regardless I had to respect the teachers authority. I told him giving me the board wasn't part of his authority, and the principle said yes it is. Well, that meeting ended and then my Dad got wind of what happened. He went down to the school and went into the office and demanded to know where this math teacher was. They wouldn't tell him, but the principle heard the commotion and came out of his office and asked what was going on. Long story short, my Dad got up in his grill and said if any teacher ever laid a hand on one of his kids at that school, he'd be back and square off with that teacher. When the principle attempted to purport that it was up to the teachers discretion whether or not to give a student the board, my Dad replied that it was then his discretion whether or not he'd kick that teachers ass, and that was the end of that. Dad said if my kids do something wrong, you tell ME, and I will discipline them, NOT YOU. You don't EVER touch one of my kids.

Don't know how it was when and where you went to school, but here and in Miami, you'd have taken the licks. Unless your idea of standing up to teachers includes a 3 day suspension with zero's for grades in each class each day for all 3 days. Now if your plans for summer break included summer school to make up a semester for those zeroes I guess you could consider it worth it. It wasn't up to you anyway. It was the choice given your parents. 3 licks or 3 days. My parents weren't giving me a 3 day vacation for fucking up. Not to mention all the family summer shit you screw up when you toss summer school into the works.

Your dad could could go to the school board here and he'd get the same answer. It's the way it was. THEN there's all the kids in school who would know faster than you could get out the door that "mommy and daddy got you out of licks".

No thanks. I just took the licks. Was a lot easier, less time consuming and I could get my ass back to working on my next screw up :pokenest:

High_Plains_Drifter
09-14-2018, 08:44 AM
Don't know how it was when and where you went to school, but here and in Miami, you'd have taken the licks. Unless your idea of standing up to teachers includes a 3 day suspension with zero's for grades in each class each day for all 3 days. Now if your plans for summer break included summer school to make up a semester for those zeroes I guess you could consider it worth it. It wasn't up to you anyway. It was the choice given your parents. 3 licks or 3 days. My parents weren't giving me a 3 day vacation for fucking up. Not to mention all the family summer shit you screw up when you toss summer school into the works.

Your dad could could go to the school board here and he'd get the same answer. It's the way it was. THEN there's all the kids in school who would know faster than you could get out the door that "mommy and daddy got you out of licks".

No thanks. I just took the licks. Was a lot easier, less time consuming and I could get my ass back to working on my next screw up :pokenest:
I was a little hoodlum in high school. We're talking 1970 to '73, and I had an attitude. I didn't care if I got suspended or not, I hated school and hated most of the teachers, and they hated me, and no way in hell was I going to let any one of them touch me. If they had tried I'd have fought back, win, lose or draw. You hit me, I'm hitting you back, and I was a farm boy that worked my ass off so I'm pretty sure I could have held my own. That's why I was in Wrestling for the last 6 years of school. I was tougher than nails and so was my Dad, an ex Navy boxer that rolled around massive rolls of paper weighing I don't know how many tons as a Master Pressman plus work the farm. My mom said it was killing him and that's why we finally sold the farm. I wish he'd have quit the printing instead. My Paw was an only boy with 4 sisters, and his Dad was a farmer that painted on the side and drank too much, and he treated everyone like shit when he was drunk. My Dad was considerably a better man than his Dad, but that's not to say that my Dad wasn't a hard ass either, because he was. Like father, like son.

I did have to take a UW extension class worth half a credit to graduate. I flunked one semester of English, but the school said I could take ANY extension class worth that half a credit, and if I passed it they'd sign my diploma. Well I took a UW extension class in Auto Engine Mechanics. I took a three month extension class in three WEEKS and got an A-. Surprised the hell otta all those ass clowns at school. They signed my diploma, I graduated, never looked back. They were happy as fuck to get rid of me and I was happy as fuck to get the hell otta there. High School was one of the worst experiences of my life.

pete311
09-14-2018, 10:36 AM
Oh shut up with your "physical abuse" bullshit. And you are wrong. Pain is a GREAT motivator. Without abuse, pantywaist bitch. Spanking is only "abuse" if it's abused. Except for little snowflakes of YOUR ilk.

You make me sick sometimes with your leftwingnut, pansy-ass shit.

Noted that you support the physical abuse of children. Thanks!

If your best option is to strike a child then you have FAILED as a parent.

Elessar
09-14-2018, 11:03 AM

As usual, you misread everything posted.

He DOES NOT CONDONE the wanton use of corporeal punishment,
but also does not condone the lack of parental assessing social behavior,
punishment as needed, and guidance.

No....I am not for whacking kids on every occasion, but a swift smack to
the butt is needed....and should be done by parents when the kid 'acts out'.

You lose again, pete311
You are all for raising a generation of spoiled whiners that cannot pour
piss out of a boot without some liberal watchdog to help them

Drummond
09-14-2018, 11:27 AM

No, it means that you do what you must in order to make sure the child behaves.

If there's no freedom to ever chastise a child, what's left to you ? Sometimes a child will ignore you .. and continue to misbehave, ignoring all you say. How do you correct that ?

Trying to reason with the child is an option, IF the child will listen, IF that child is open to reason, or even understands your reasoning. If not ... what do you do ? Withhold meals, maybe ? Tell me, Pete, do you favour malnourishing a child ?

There's an alternative ... smack the child. No actual harm is done, and the fleeting pain will be something no child would (in the vast majority of cases) want to have again. The deterrent factor is there -- balance is restored.

Of course, Pete, Lefties worldwide aren't sensible and logical enough to ever want to understand such an argument. Here, in my part of the world, Pete, Leftie nonsense gets greater traction:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-41678797

Smacking children is to be banned in Scotland, the Scottish government has confirmed.

The move would make the country the first part of the UK to outlaw the physical punishment of children.

Ministers had previously said they did not support parents using physical chastisement, but had "no plans" to bring forward legislation of their own.

But the government has now confirmed it will ensure a bill lodged by Green MSP John Finnie will become law.

And it is understood that ministers will work with Mr Finnie to implement the bill in practice.

His proposals, which were out for consultation over the summer, would give children the same legal protection as adults.

At present, parents in Scotland can claim a defence of "justifiable assault" when punishing their child - although the use of an "implement" in any punishment is banned, as is shaking or striking a child on the head.

Scotland, 'of course', is run by the SNP ... Scotland's nationalistic LEFTIES.

I bet you're proud of them, Pete, eh .. ?

The madness is spreading. Courtesy of the Guardian (who else ?):

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2017/oct/19/smacking-children-to-be-banned-in-scotland

The children’s commissioners of Scotland, England, Wales and Northern Ireland are calling for a UK-wide change in the law after the Scottish government confirmed its support for a ban on smacking children.

Scotland is to become the first part of the UK to introduce an outright ban on the physical punishment of children, after the Scottish government said it would ensure that a member’s bill became law.

John Finnie, the justice spokesperson for the Scottish Greens, has proposed removing the defence of “justifiable assault” from Scottish law, giving children the same legal protection as adults.

Along with leading children’s charities, the children’s commissioners for Scotland, England, Wales and Northern Ireland have welcomed the development but expressed concern that legal protection from assault could now vary depending on a young person’s location.

Calling for the law to be changed at UK level, Anne Longfield, the children’s commissioner for England, said: “The current legislation in England, which grants an exemption from the law on common assault to allow the physical punishment of children, is outdated. It should be updated to reflect what the vast majority of parents believe: that hitting children is wrong and that there are better and more effective ways of disciplining children and encouraging positive behaviour.”

Of course, nobody is saying what those 'better and more effective ways', ARE ....

Could it be that lack of discipline applied to kids early enough, is responsible for this .. ?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-38237496

Knife crime is on the rise across the UK, particularly in London, and police say most of those caught carrying blades have no links to gangs. So why are more young people carrying knives?

"There are situations where your fists aren't going to help you. That's why people carry knives. People are scared."

Dontae, 15, from south-east London, has never been in a gang, although he says he has carried a knife in the past.

He believes boys carry blades because they want protection from each other.

"They're thinking, if there is sufficient danger, then I'm going to pull it out, threaten with it then get rid of it.

Where did the knife-carrying culture come from, Pete ? Why is is particularly prevalent amongst youngsters ? H'mm ?

PETE, HOW DO YOU EXPLAIN IT ?

pete311
09-14-2018, 12:15 PM
No, it means that you do what you must in order to make sure the child behaves.

If there's no freedom to ever chastise a child, what's left to you ? Sometimes a child will ignore you .. and continue to misbehave, ignoring all you say. How do you correct that ?

Trying to reason with the child is an option, IF the child will listen, IF that child is open to reason, or even understands your reasoning. If not ... what do you do ? Withhold meals, maybe ? Tell me, Pete, do you favour malnourishing a child ?

There's an alternative ... smack the child. No actual harm is done, and the fleeting pain will be something no child would (in the vast majority of cases) want to have again. The deterrent factor is there -- balance is restored.

Where did the knife-carrying culture come from, Pete ? Why is is particularly prevalent amongst youngsters ? H'mm ?

PETE, HOW DO YOU EXPLAIN IT ?

Ya'll talk about the need for proper parenting and then you go out and condone physical abuse of your own child. Again, hitting your child makes you a shitty parent. Means you're dumb as rocks with no ideas on how to parent if you child can't behave without being physically abused. I could never imagine beating my own child.

I don't have any idea what your last comment about knives is about. Total non-sequitur strawman.

Drummond
09-14-2018, 01:15 PM
Ya'll talk about the need for proper parenting and then you go out and condone physical abuse of your own child. Again, hitting your child makes you a shitty parent. Means you're dumb as rocks with no ideas on how to parent if you child can't behave without being physically abused. I could never imagine beating my own child.

I don't have any idea what your last comment about knives is about. Total non-sequitur strawman.

You think that a properly disciplined child, one taught a decent perspective of right v wrong (as should follow from a well-balanced upbringing) will then go on to carry a knife, and be prepared to use it on innocent victims ??

The UK has seen a steep rise in knife crimes. Over the same period, our Left wing has insisted that physical chastisement is wrong, an abuse of the child. You see no connection ?

Seriously ?

Pete, as strong as you are about condemning physical so-called 'abuse' on a child (which is really nothing of the kind) ... I haven't seen you offer workable alternatives. So ...

... if dealing with a child that willfully refuses to listen to what a parent says, and just keeps on being disobedient, unruly ... what alternative discipline would you apply ? Tell us of your alternatives, Pete.

Remember ... you can't send the child to his/her room minus a meal. That, too, is 'abuse' (or do children not have any right to eat meals, or proper nutrition ?). So, come on, Pete. Offer 'better' alternatives, equal to, or greater than, physical smacking or 'paddling', that have comparable chances of succeeding .....

pete311
09-14-2018, 01:38 PM
You think that a properly disciplined child, one taught a decent perspective of right v wrong (as should follow from a well-balanced upbringing) will then go on to carry a knife, and be prepared to use it on innocent victims ??

The UK has seen a steep rise in knife crimes. Over the same period, our Left wing has insisted that physical chastisement is wrong, an abuse of the child. You see no connection ?

Seriously ?

Pete, as strong as you are about condemning physical so-called 'abuse' on a child (which is really nothing of the kind) ... I haven't seen you offer workable alternatives. So ...

... if dealing with a child that willfully refuses to listen to what a parent says, and just keeps on being disobedient, unruly ... what alternative discipline would you apply ? Tell us of your alternatives, Pete.

Remember ... you can't send the child to his/her room minus a meal. That, too, is 'abuse' (or do children not have any right to eat meals, or proper nutrition ?). So, come on, Pete. Offer 'better' alternatives, equal to, or greater than, physical smacking or 'paddling', that have comparable chances of succeeding .....

Beating your child == they won't commit crimes with knives? damn, that is an impressive strawman stretch! Pretty sure inner city folk and white trash hillbillies beat their kids the most. They cause the most crime.

Elessar
09-14-2018, 01:46 PM

As usual you are off the rails by not reading the whole message.

NOBODY here said a thing about abuse. That we all identified as being wrong.
A swift smack to the butt for misbehavior is not abuse.

Boy I went to school with had the worst attitude I have ever seen. Every day his dad
lined up all 3, 2 boys and a girl, for their daily 'licking'. Both boys were bullies that got
their asses kicked often in school. THAT is abuse. The Starks was the family,
Sister was a smart and delightful girl.

Elessar
09-14-2018, 01:48 PM
Beating your child == they won't commit crimes with knives? damn, that is an impressive strawman stretch! Pretty sure inner city folk and white trash hillbillies beat their kids the most. They cause the most crime.

Would you care to site proof? Or are you just blowing smoke up
your own ass again?

There is a difference between spanking and a beating. It would seem
you missed a few spankings, based on your selfish personality here.

jimnyc
09-14-2018, 02:14 PM

Well, I guess my parents & their parents were all abusive boxes of rocks.

There is NOTHING wrong with giving a kid a slap in the bottom and a stern talking to when they do something terribly wrong, and you want to show that their are consequences and prevent your child from having further problems or issues in life. Only parents who don't give a crap about their kid are afraid of a little swat on the ass. Why not, let them run circles around you and misbehave outside and perhaps break laws without consequence. :rolleyes:

A spanking on the bottom is not abuse. "Beating" a child would be abuse. There's a huge difference, and only those who had parents who were AWOL and didn't care about them wouldn't understand the difference.

And you are purposely making spanking sound worse with repeated use of the words striking and beating and what not. Folks disciplining know how to apply a spanking to the ass that will scare a child but not come remotely close to harming them. I don't think 99% of the spankings I got growing up ever even brought up a red mark right after my spankings. But they sure did scare me at the time!! And embarrassing as well!

The liberals that had shitty parents letting them do as they please, whenever they please - is why they still do similarly today and expect the world to wait on them, and that they can do as they please - as we see SO many doing in colleges and trying to dictate situations. Thank those liberals - and tell them to thank their parents for being AWOL and clueless idiots.

And see how that personal responsibility also continues? Similar with so many demands today, and younger kids getting pregnant, and making demands from the government to take care of them and give them freebies.... LIBERALS and their parents that forgot to parent.

Parenting starts at home. Discipline starts at home. The dinner table is SO important. Teaching kids about personal responsibility is also important. The majority of liberals fail in the parenting department, severely, and then you see the little brats grow up into bigger brats, and instead of screaming demands at their parents, they scream demands at the government. And a little bit of discipline & some teaching at HOME may have prevented this.

But - liberalism is a disease.

pete311
09-14-2018, 02:14 PM
Would you care to site proof? Or are you just blowing smoke up
your own ass again?

There is a difference between spanking and a beating. It would seem
you missed a few spankings, based on your selfish personality here.

ah now you claim beating a child will prevent them from being selfish. What else? Does it cure cancer?

btw, there is no difference. Hitting a child is abuse.

jimnyc
09-14-2018, 02:15 PM
Bullshit about hillbilly crap. Percentage wise, black folks win all over in the violent crime department. Not even close.

And which group has the most homes with fathers? AWOL parents altogether and kids learning shit in the streets from like 9-10 years old? Same group.

This shit all starts at home.

pete311
09-14-2018, 02:17 PM
Bullshit about hillbilly crap. Percentage wise, black folks win all over in the violent crime department. Not even close.

And which group has the most homes with fathers? AWOL parents altogether and kids learning shit in the streets from like 9-10 years old? Same group.

This shit all starts at home.

No argument there, but it sure as shit doesn't start with beating your child. The only thing your child learns is the violence is a way to solve problems.

jimnyc
09-14-2018, 02:26 PM
ah now you claim beating a child will prevent them from being selfish. What else? Does it cure cancer?

It prevents kids from thinking whatever they did is aok, and that they have no responsibility or repercussions.

Which is why you see the violence from so many on the left, and so many freaking out. So many screaming at the skies for attention. The riots and marches. While the conservatives are generally so much quieter, much much much less violent & don't feel the need to do the crazy things - and also don't make demands non-stop, don't demand freebies non-stop and don't expect the government to bail them out, generally from their own screwups.

And 9 out of 10 times when a liberal gets in trouble, whether from a speeding ticket or what - they will record and whine and blah blah blah. Lack of discipline over their lives turned them into whiny little pricks expecting to get away with things. Goes all the way back to horrible parenting.

On a side note - we'll never know of course. But I'd love to see a study of far left cuckoo liberals - and find out about their parents and all that jazz. See if there is any type of connection between the inanity of liberals and what part their parents may have played in their upbringing.

Ever see that kid at Walmart, the one turning purple and demanding that he wants something? Might even let out a little swear word while being told "No". Almost has to be dragged out, or placed in a cart. And then you have the parent. ----- I was getting a little swat in the ass when I get home and a stern talking to for that one. And I cursed? Not only the swat, but now I'm home for the next month. But then you have some parents that will shrug their shoulders and say "what am I going to do? boys will be boys" ----- fuck that. You nip that one THAT DAY and ensure that behavior NEVER happens again.

We all know how some would handle that one.

jimnyc
09-14-2018, 02:29 PM
No argument there, but it sure as shit doesn't start with beating your child. The only thing your child learns is the violence is a way to solve problems.

Ummmm - NO.

I was spanked TONS AND TONS of times when I was a child - and EVERY time was well deserved. I DID NOT learn anything at all about violence. I learned that what I did that day wasn't going to happen again!!

I've never spanked my child. I've had minimal fights in my life. And even with them, I never once ever went and attacked and solved a problem in a violent manner. MAYBE the kids who had the shit beat out of them and such might learn bad tendencies - but there's a HUGE difference between a little spanking in the ass & beating the crap out of someone.

Gunny
09-14-2018, 03:06 PM

If your best option is to strike a child then you have FAILED as a parent.Twist everything into a lie much? Oh yeah, it's Pete. I don't support the abuse of children. I don't support correcting a child by spanking them as a first option either.

Got any more "FAIL" for me?

I support children suffering the consequences of their actions just like adults rather than let them slide until they ARE adults then throwing them into prison because they are clueless like your dumb ass and think they can do just whatever the hell they want. My stance is backed by two generations of morons like you. Your's? Nothing.

When the consequences of one's wrong actions results in punishment, it is deserved. I believe whatever punishment the child responds to is what works.

When you get a brain and or even an argument, feel free to pipe up again, maggot. Otherwise, you're just flat rock dumb.

Drummond
09-14-2018, 05:23 PM

I've two points to make to you, Pete.

1. Elessar's already picked you up on this point, with Jim commenting further .. but I note that you insist on talking about BEATING a child. Giving one a quick smack doesn't qualify as 'beating', not by a long shot.

I know why you insist on using that word. It's obvious .. you've a need to amplify, exaggerate, what's being discussed, in the hope of making any sort of credible point. Except that, by purposely exaggerating, you prove your argument to be fundamentally weak.

2. You've completely avoided answering me .. haven't you ? Here -- let me remind you of my question. See my post again:

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?64093-Local-school-reinstates-paddle-policy&p=917378#post917378

..... as strong as you are about condemning physical so-called 'abuse' on a child (which is really nothing of the kind) ... I haven't seen you offer workable alternatives. So ...

You carp on about 'beatings'. You tell us how wrong it all is. But I've STILL NOT SEEN ANY ALTERNATIVE SUGGESTED.

A child needs discipline, at least, from time to time. All kids do. According to you, any physical chastisement is 'abuse', therefore, 'wrong'. Very well, Pete. TELL US OF YOUR ALTERNATIVE, ONE STANDING A CHANCE OF BEING EFFECTIVE.

Gunny
09-14-2018, 06:08 PM

I don't have any idea what your last comment about knives is about. Total non-sequitur strawman.The shitty parent is the one who does NOT punish their child, by whatever means works and is appropriate, and allows their child to go forward in the world thinking there are no consequences for their actions. I would call THAT a horrible parent, and not really a parent at all. Just a sperm donor.

There is a responsibility that comes with that roll in the sack you had. To the child and to the society in which you live. You think you got all the answers but look at the whining piss around you. Oh, that's right. Hard to recognize fault when one possesses the same. There's no free ride and attitudes like yours is what is destroying our society.

Gunny
09-14-2018, 06:10 PM

Uh HELL-fucking-O ... spanking your child is going to cause them to commit crimes with a knife? Answer your own strawman, moron.

Inner-city blacks commit more crimes than any hillbillies, nimrod. And they don't steal from just anyone. They steal from their own. At least hillbillies are smart enough to go steal from people that have something. Your pointless deflection is duly noted.

aboutime
09-14-2018, 06:14 PM
Since you obviously are STILL A CHILD yourself. You've never had a spanking?

Most of your time spent in TIME OUT, no tv, no playing, no outside, no desert???

"SPAR THE ROD, SPOIL THE CHILD?" We all know how that worked for you.

Maybe you can tell us WHY the AMISH still punish their children with a paddle?

And they are the most Genuine, Sincere people around???

Elessar
09-14-2018, 06:32 PM

I did not claim any such thing! Smacking a rump is NOT abuse!

Does being permissive cure cancer?

Does being a liberal whiner cure cancer?

My Dad died of Cancer, you liberal asshole. You make a joke of it.
Face ME Once and I will have you pissing your liberal pants.

You are worthless.

NightTrain
09-15-2018, 02:39 AM

Wrong.

Spanking is the ultimate form of punishment, levied when the kid calls your bluff. When that happens, you make sure it's painful so that you never have to do it again.

I spanked my kids a few times, it was reserved for when the reasoning clearly wasn't getting through and there was rebellion afoot, and it needed to be crushed. Ultimately, you have to show that you have the upper hand, and they WILL do what you say. If you can't establish that, then all is lost and you get emo freaks and 32 genders. That's how that happens.

You, Pete, never got spanked. It shows with your lack of respect and a lack of core. Your parent(s) failed you as a kid, and now you don't know how to raise your own. Or stick up for yourself. Or even what is right or wrong, you've demonstrated that already with the USMB thing. You totally rely on Police to keep you safe, and that's only if they see someone transgressing against you - you won't even report it. Honestly, I don't even understand how a male can function like that, but I'm not judging.

A good example is my sister, who is a year younger than I am. I used to get my ass beat, violently. Daily. Lori never did. Lori had a daughter a year younger than my son, they both were normal kids until about 7th grade and my niece started pasting black lipstick & eyeliner while powdering her face white, doing that weird goth emo shit that was going around.

I told my sis that she'd better get a handle on that shit, and she told me that she was "just expressing herself". We argued for hours, but she would not agree that she should reign in that freaky behavior.

Fast forward a year, and my niece looked like she'd fallen face first into my tackle box. Now there's purple hair and she's a vegan. Oh, but she still likes bacon. I asked how that works with a vegan eating bacon, and she told me to fuck off, mind my business... and her barbell in her eyebrow waggled indignantly at me. Oh, my bad. I told my sister that my niece is no longer allowed at my house.

2 years later, she's working a subway job for a week before being fired, to a mcdonald's job for a week before being fired, to a petstore for a week before being fired... and it's all everyone else's fault. She doesn't even know what gender she is, or even what gender she likes.

My niece is one fucked up unit, and I watched the whole thing happen, helplessly from the sidelines.

She never got her ass paddled for fucking up. No respect for others leads to no respect for oneself.

I looked the other day on Facebook to see how she's doing, and she seriously was asking publicly to her fellow crowd of weirdos what gender she is. The sad part is, there was no consensus. She doesn't know, they don't know. I think they had it narrowed down to about 7 before I logged off in disgust.

In Anchorage Fucking Alaska.

I can't imagine how things are in Milwaukee these days.

So, Pete, there's the result of your "hands off" parenting technique, advice given from you, who can't stand up for himself in the real world.

My son, conversely, is a 3rd year apprentice in the IBEW, learning to become a Lineman. He is working 6/10s, owns his own home, married, one daughter and a loving wife that runs her own Jiu Jitsu academy with her Dad. I gave him a swat on the ass for the last time when he was 9 for a stupid stunt he pulled out in the yard. He is respectful, loving, courteous, polite, and a hard worker.

And that's because I made him that way.

Who do you think is going to have the better life, Pete?

Same family, same schools, same time, different parental philosophy. Wildly different results.

I know that you know the answer, but you won't admit it.

My niece is an unbelievably miserable human that hates herself, everyone around her, America, capitalism, and especially Republicans. Oh, she hates Republicans something fierce. And me. Even though I let her take my new Jeep to pass her driving test because she didn't have anything and taught her how to parallel park an hour before her test. She didn't even say Thank You. I helped her because my sister asked me, but I won't do it again - people like that don't deserve help, family or not.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-15-2018, 05:22 AM
Wrong.

Spanking is the ultimate form of punishment, levied when the kid calls your bluff. When that happens, you make sure it's painful so that you never have to do it again.

I spanked my kids a few times, it was reserved for when the reasoning clearly wasn't getting through and there was rebellion afoot, and it needed to be crushed. Ultimately, you have to show that you have the upper hand, and they WILL do what you say. If you can't establish that, then all is lost and you get emo freaks and 32 genders. That's how that happens.

You, Pete, never got spanked. It shows with your lack of respect and a lack of core. Your parent(s) failed you as a kid, and now you don't know how to raise your own. Or stick up for yourself. Or even what is right or wrong, you've demonstrated that already with the USMB thing. You totally rely on Police to keep you safe, and that's only if they see someone transgressing against you - you won't even report it. Honestly, I don't even understand how a male can function like that, but I'm not judging.

A good example is my sister, who is a year younger than I am. I used to get my ass beat, violently. Daily. Lori never did. Lori had a daughter a year younger than my son, they both were normal kids until about 7th grade and my niece started pasting black lipstick & eyeliner while powdering her face white, doing that weird goth emo shit that was going around.

I told my sis that she'd better get a handle on that shit, and she told me that she was "just expressing herself". We argued for hours, but she would not agree that she should reign in that freaky behavior.

Fast forward a year, and my niece looked like she'd fallen face first into my tackle box. Now there's purple hair and she's a vegan. Oh, but she still likes bacon. I asked how that works with a vegan eating bacon, and she told me to fuck off, mind my business... and her barbell in her eyebrow waggled indignantly at me. Oh, my bad. I told my sister that my niece is no longer allowed at my house.

2 years later, she's working a subway job for a week before being fired, to a mcdonald's job for a week before being fired, to a petstore for a week before being fired... and it's all everyone else's fault. She doesn't even know what gender she is, or even what gender she likes.

My niece is one fucked up unit, and I watched the whole thing happen, helplessly from the sidelines.

She never got her ass paddled for fucking up. No respect for others leads to no respect for oneself.

I looked the other day on Facebook to see how she's doing, and she seriously was asking publicly to her fellow crowd of weirdos what gender she is. The sad part is, there was no consensus. She doesn't know, they don't know. I think they had it narrowed down to about 7 before I logged off in disgust.

So, Pete, there's the result of your "hands off" parenting technique, advice given from you, who can't stand up for himself in the real world.

My son, conversely, is a 3rd year apprentice in the IBEW, learning to become a Lineman. He is working 6/10s, owns his own home, married, one daughter and a loving wife that runs her own Jiu Jitsu academy with her Dad. I gave him a swat on the ass for the last time when he was 9 for a stupid stunt he pulled out in the yard. He is respectful, loving, courteous, polite, and a hard worker.

Same family, same schools, same time, different parental philosophy. Wildly different results.

My niece is an unbelievably miserable human that hates herself, everyone around her, America, capitalism, and especially Republicans. Oh, she hates Republicans something fierce. And me. Even though I let her take my new Jeep to pass her driving test because she didn't have anything and taught her how to parallel park an hour before her test. She didn't even say Thank You. I helped her because my sister asked me, but I won't do it again - people like that don't deserve help, family or not.

Bravo- well said my friend. You raised your son right- as any loving father would do!!

We are raising our son Justin the same way. He has been taught respect for elders, not to talk back and to know his misbehaving simply will not be tolerated.
He is a model student and never gets in trouble at school.
I taught my daughter K.K. the same way, she played girl softball, she shoots guns, graduated high school, went to dental school and now owns half of her own dental practice. Married with truly exceptional and great husband and raising two beautiful sons..
All done by way of spanking when they were children.
FFing liberals make sick with their stupid, perverted ideas!
""Spare to rod, spoil the child"".. Nothing ever said about kids, more truer.
Justin answers, Yes ma'am, no ma'am, yes Sir, no Sir... nuff said...--TYR

Drummond
09-15-2018, 07:49 AM
I've two points to make to you, Pete.

1. Elessar's already picked you up on this point, with Jim commenting further .. but I note that you insist on talking about BEATING a child. Giving one a quick smack doesn't qualify as 'beating', not by a long shot.

I know why you insist on using that word. It's obvious .. you've a need to amplify, exaggerate, what's being discussed, in the hope of making any sort of credible point. Except that, by purposely exaggerating, you prove your argument to be fundamentally weak.

2. You've completely avoided answering me .. haven't you ? Here -- let me remind you of my question. See my post again:

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?64093-Local-school-reinstates-paddle-policy&p=917378#post917378

You carp on about 'beatings'. You tell us how wrong it all is. But I've STILL NOT SEEN ANY ALTERNATIVE SUGGESTED.

A child needs discipline, at least, from time to time. All kids do. According to you, any physical chastisement is 'abuse', therefore, 'wrong'. Very well, Pete. TELL US OF YOUR ALTERNATIVE, ONE STANDING A CHANCE OF BEING EFFECTIVE.

Well, Pete ? Where are you ?

I'm still waiting for you to answer me.

You argue that spanking, or 'paddling', a child is wrong. You claim (wrongly) that it's all 'abuse'. Well, if it's all wrong, there must be a better way, one that'll be effective in bringing up a child properly, with the proper discipline.

Now answer me: WHAT IS IT ? WHAT'S YOUR ALTERNATIVE ?

High_Plains_Drifter
09-15-2018, 08:11 AM
So... yes I have little Pete on iggy... but due to quoting I've had to read a couple of his trashy posts.

From what I gather, he say's ANY hitting a kid is ABUSE, but what I DON'T see is his explanation as to WHY, and what he thinks is a BETTER form of discipline, or if his point is that there should be NO discipline at all.

So once again he just drops his garbage and disappears. Why bother talking to this idiot? I see post after post after post of well spoken, reasoned responses supporting ones opinions... except for little Pete. Not worth your time people... not worth your time. His brain washing is so total you'll never break through it.

Drummond
09-15-2018, 08:34 AM
So... yes I have little Pete on iggy... but due to quoting I've had to read a couple of his trashy posts.

From what I gather, he say's ANY hitting a kid is ABUSE, but what I DON'T see is his explanation as to WHY, and what he thinks is a BETTER form discipline, or if his point is that there should be NO discipline at all.

So once again he just drops his garbage and disappears. Why bother talking to this idiot? I see post after post after post of well spoken, reasoned responses supporting ones claims... except for little Pete. Not worth your time people... not worth your time. His brain washing is so total you'll never break through it.

He's probably not worth our time. Still, if he isn't challenged, he'll claim - both to us, and any friends of his - that it's because we're too 'afraid' to.

Does that matter ? NOPE ... still, I'm not sure I want to give him satisfaction from an imagined 'victory'.

Pete probably can't reason out any good defense of his arguments .. because all he's really doing is slavishly following the 'PC' lead others of his type have fed him. This current argument, for example: his argument is identical to the one our own Lefties insist upon. Except, over here where I'm from, they get such traction that it looks like physically chastising a child is actually going to be illegal, soon !!

Taking on the likes of Pete will stop America going the same way. But if they're not challenged, they are given a chance to win out .. however insane their ideas are.

pete311
09-15-2018, 09:11 AM
lol, bashing me for not replying soon enough on a friday night or saturday morning. I'm surprised ya'll have the time, in between hitting your child. Like most things here we're not going to come to an agreement. I'm in the camp of not hitting your children, you guys in the camp for beating your child. If you guys think there are no alternatives, then you are shitty parents. Children never deserve violence. If it gets to the point where you feel you need to strike them, then everything you did before that was in error. Do you guys also hit your dogs and cats when they misbehave? Fucking savages.

Elessar
09-15-2018, 09:53 AM
lol, bashing me for not replying soon enough on a friday night or saturday morning. I'm surprised ya'll have the time, in between hitting your child. Like most things here we're not going to come to an agreement. I'm in the camp of not hitting your children, you guys in the camp for beating your child. If you guys think there are no alternatives, then you are shitty parents. Children never deserve violence. If it gets to the point where you feel you need to strike them, then everything you did before that was in error. Do you guys also hit your dogs and cats when they misbehave? Fucking savages.

You tend to not recognize the difference between a smack on the butt and a BEATING!
You did not read the collected responses too well.

You are a wimp. I am not a savage. You liberal whiners want to pigeon-hole any people that
do not bow down to your cowardice.

Gunny
09-15-2018, 12:02 PM
Wrong.

I think you pretty much hit all the angles. Completely agree.

pete311
09-15-2018, 12:56 PM
You tend to not recognize the difference between a smack on the butt and a BEATING!

You are a wimp. I am not a savage. You liberal whiners want to pigeon-hole any people that

The only difference is in your mind and how you rationalize striking your own child. To bring a child into this world and then strike them is disturbing. You should be their greatest protector, not a threat.

FakeNewsSux
09-15-2018, 03:57 PM
The only difference is in your mind and how you rationalize striking your own child. To bring a child into this world and then strike them is disturbing. You should be their greatest protector, not a threat.

But according to the bastion of liberal orthodoxy, Planned Parenthood, "To bring a child into this world and then strike them down is caring."

Gunny
09-15-2018, 04:48 PM
The only difference is in your mind and how you rationalize striking your own child. To bring a child into this world and then strike them is disturbing. You should be their greatest protector, not a threat.YOU and your ilk are the threat. I'd rather my kid's butt hurt NOW than be thrown into prison as a teen or adult that fears no recrimination for crimes against the wonderful state YOU and your ilk have also conveniently built for your self. Got a stupid law for everything but kids are above them.

Can't stop them now, but you can throw them away later. Wonderful policy. Look how well it's worked for you so far. I'll just use you as an example. Point made.

Elessar
09-15-2018, 04:50 PM

Oh really? When a firm hand and talking to gets no response, then
what is left?

A firm swat on the butt is what is left, then hold the kid. Assure your love and protection,
you fool.

Did your parents have any kids that lived?

aboutime
09-15-2018, 05:31 PM
But according to the bastion of liberal orthodoxy, Planned Parenthood, "To bring a child into this world and then strike them down is caring."

Also supports PARTIAL BIRTH ABORTIONS, and ABORTIONS IN GENERAL.
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRPKdw7ASRL3dgvai1gCW1x4OrTh8ym4 9M0HhmAqDrKj1YcR43B

http://clinicquotes.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/de.jpg

Gunny
09-15-2018, 05:54 PM
Also supports PARTIAL BIRTH ABORTIONS, and ABORTIONS IN GENERAL.

I totally get your point, AT. I completely agree on the hypocrisy from Pete and the left in general. Not sure Abbey is going to go for the graphic details though. She's pretty sensitive on the topic. Just a heads up.

Drummond
09-15-2018, 05:55 PM

Correction, Elessar ... Pete chooses to fail to see any difference at all between a smack and a beating. Of course not ... he's got to try to pretend there's no difference, to TRY and make his excuse for a 'case'.

It's pathetic.

Gunny
09-15-2018, 05:57 PM
Correction, Elessar ... Pete chooses to fail to see any difference at all between a smack and a beating. Of course not ... he's got to try to pretend there's no difference, to TRY and make his excuse for a 'case'.

It's pathetic.Isn't that about right concerning most things ....

Drummond
09-15-2018, 06:02 PM

Fine, Pete. In your post quoted above, you say there IS an alternative to striking a child. YES ?

I'm so glad that you think so. Then why do you keep ignoring my requests to learn of any such alternative ?? For example:

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?64093-Local-school-reinstates-paddle-policy&p=917427#post917427

[POST #33 IN THIS THREAD ..]

I hope the larger font cures your inexplicably selective blindness ....

I AM ASKING YOU, YET AGAIN, TO PROVIDE SO MUCH AS ONE PROPERLY WORKABLE ALTERNATIVE TO THAT WHICH YOU ARGUE IS UNACCEPTABLE. READ MY PREVIOUS POSTS, IF YOU NEED TO ... THEN PROVIDE AN ANSWER.

Drummond
09-15-2018, 06:15 PM
Isn't that about right concerning most things ....

Leftist arguments are pathetic. What's particularly pathetic is how they'll still cling to their beliefs and worldview even if or when it's all discredited.

This latest subject is turning into a fine example. Pete clings to his argument, but he's evidently incapable of supplying his own, 'right', alternative which would serve to prove his case correct. THREE times, now, I've asked him to.

You smack (and NOT 'BEAT') a child to instill corrective discipline .. to correct a child's behaviour. It only lasts a moment, and the necessary effect is achieved. No harm is done; far from it.

Pete insists it's all wrong, BUT HE PROVIDES NO ALTERNATIVE ....

pete311
09-15-2018, 06:55 PM
Fine, Pete. In your post quoted above, you say there IS an alternative to striking a child. YES ?

I'm so glad that you think so. Then why do you keep ignoring my requests to learn of any such alternative ?? For example:

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?64093-Local-school-reinstates-paddle-policy&p=917427#post917427

[POST #33 IN THIS THREAD ..]

I hope the larger font cures your inexplicably selective blindness ....

I AM ASKING YOU, YET AGAIN, TO PROVIDE SO MUCH AS ONE PROPERLY WORKABLE ALTERNATIVE TO THAT WHICH YOU ARGUE IS UNACCEPTABLE. READ MY PREVIOUS POSTS, IF YOU NEED TO ... THEN PROVIDE AN ANSWER.

There are thousands of parenting books on Amazon. Pick one. Violence is never an answer.

pete311
09-15-2018, 06:57 PM
Leftist arguments are pathetic. What's particularly pathetic is how they'll still cling to their beliefs and worldview even if or when it's all discredited.

This latest subject is turning into a fine example. Pete clings to his argument, but he's evidently incapable of supplying his own, 'right', alternative which would serve to prove his case correct. THREE times, now, I've asked him to.

You smack (and NOT 'BEAT') a child to instill corrective discipline .. to correct a child's behaviour. It only lasts a moment, and the necessary effect is achieved. No harm is done; far from it.

Pete insists it's all wrong, BUT HE PROVIDES NO ALTERNATIVE ....

The only thing a child learns from getting smacked around is that violence is an answer and that his/her one sense of protection in this world hits him/her. I could never hit my child or dog. Do you guys train your dogs by hitting them?

Gunny
09-15-2018, 07:20 PM
The only thing a child learns from getting smacked around is that violence is an answer and that his/her one sense of protection in this world hits him/her. I could never hit my child or dog. Do you guys train your dogs by hitting them?Not unless the child is a moron. They learn I do "this", I get "that". It doesn't work just for rewards like you leftwingtards would have everyone believe. There rewards for good behavior and punishment for bad behavior. Action - reaction. The same way it works here in the real world for responsible adults. Kids don't just wake one day model citizens of their own accord.

You are displaying a higher degree of stupidity than usual.

aboutime
09-15-2018, 07:22 PM
Maybe she was never spanked, or paddled. But somebody did something right for her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TtWSOn5EH4

Drummond
09-15-2018, 07:25 PM
Not unless the child is a moron. They learn I do "this", I get "that". It doesn't work just for rewards like you leftwingtards would have everyone believe. There rewards for good behavior and punishment for bad behavior. Action - reaction. The same way it works here in the real world for responsible adults. Kids don't just wake one day model citizens of their own accord.

You are displaying a higher degree of stupidity than usual.

Pete is tied into his 'PC' imperatives. He cannot depart from them. It's like pulling at a loose cord of a knitted pullover. Tug enough at it, and the whole thing unravels.

Pete's stupidity lies in his unwillingness to break free from his enslavement to PC diktat.

Drummond
09-15-2018, 07:26 PM
The only thing a child learns from getting smacked around is that violence is an answer and that his/her one sense of protection in this world hits him/her. I could never hit my child or dog. Do you guys train your dogs by hitting them?

The great flaw in this argument, Pete, is obvious. You're in danger of bringing up a future generation of Lefties ....

Drummond
09-15-2018, 07:40 PM
There are thousands of parenting books on Amazon. Pick one. Violence is never an answer.

Strange, isn't it ?

Out of these 'thousands' of parenting books, you still don't feel you can supply material which answers the question I've now put to you THREE TIMES. How come ?

Do I need to ask you YET AGAIN ??

Let me lay out this example for you, and ask for your solution:

You have an unruly, disobedient child on your hands. This child doesn't listen to you, so 'reasoning' with the child isn't an option. The child is simply playing up.

It could be anything ... say, the child is in a supermarket, picking up items, throwing them around. Or, is running around, screaming, enjoying some attention-seeking. Or .. just throwing a tantrum.

Tell me, Pete, how would you teach that child to behave ? You need to stop him IMMEDIATELY, and he won't listen to you. He's likely to continue as he is, even if stopped for a moment, AND, he is too stubborn and willful to listen to reason.

If you won't smack the child (which has long been a time-honoured and effective solution), what do you do INSTEAD ?

pete311
09-15-2018, 11:04 PM
Strange, isn't it ?

Out of these 'thousands' of parenting books, you still don't feel you can supply material which answers the question I've now put to you THREE TIMES. How come ?

Do I need to ask you YET AGAIN ??

Let me lay out this example for you, and ask for your solution:

You have an unruly, disobedient child on your hands. This child doesn't listen to you, so 'reasoning' with the child isn't an option. The child is simply playing up.

It could be anything ... say, the child is in a supermarket, picking up items, throwing them around. Or, is running around, screaming, enjoying some attention-seeking. Or .. just throwing a tantrum.

Tell me, Pete, how would you teach that child to behave ? You need to stop him IMMEDIATELY, and he won't listen to you. He's likely to continue as he is, even if stopped for a moment, AND, he is too stubborn and willful to listen to reason.

If you won't smack the child (which has long been a time-honoured and effective solution), what do you do INSTEAD ?

This a useless hypothetical. What I do know is you don't hit your child. If I saw a man hit his child in a supermarket because he's throwing a tantrum, I will have serious serious issue with this man.

We don't need keep running around this issue. I get it that you guys support hitting your young child.

If you don't smack your dog while training them, you don't smack your child. Totally disgusting. I have zero tolerance for child or dog abuse.

Kathianne
09-16-2018, 06:23 AM
I’ve said before, I didn’t use corporal punishment with my kids. I did gen them and jerk them back from entering a street or other dangerous options. I don’t think parents that spank in the common way are abusive.

I would not applaud the use of corporal punishment by schools, they are not the parent. I do however favor suspension and expulsion when a student is a continuing disruption to others education. It shouldn’t be so difficult.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-16-2018, 07:31 AM

"" The only thing a child learns from getting smacked around ""

Really Pete, who has been talking about doing that it their replies? Answer nobody has..
That you are blind to the way to properly discipline a child by spanking leads to to reference all of it as some form of abuse.
I'll not try or bother going into more detail in that difference as in my opinion your are either too blind, too stupid or deliberately mischaracterzing
those many posts that describe a loving and correct way to use spanking...
That to me is your problem , your are either blind or else very deceptive in your replies as a way to try to booster your insane liberal way of thinking.
So tel in all the thousands of years of previous history has spanking now suddenly been proven to be totally wrong-- by you godlike enlightened liberals??
What ffking arrogance you vermin have!!!!
You morons need a damn good spanking, IMHO..- :laugh:
Even tho' it would do not damn good at all. - Can cure the kind of abject stupidity, supreme arrogance and epic blindness that you ffing liberals thrive on and promote as your godless and heathen form of religion..
Tis why I think of liberals as damn maggots and with right and just cause too ..-- Tyr

Drummond
09-16-2018, 07:34 AM
This a useless hypothetical. What I do know is you don't hit your child. If I saw a man hit his child in a supermarket because he's throwing a tantrum, I will have serious serious issue with this man.

We don't need keep running around this issue. I get it that you guys support hitting your young child.

If you don't smack your dog while training them, you don't smack your child. Totally disgusting. I have zero tolerance for child or dog abuse.

We don't need to keep running around this issue. I agree. YOU are. I am not.

How many times, now, have I asked you to provide an alternative solution ? How many times have you failed to ??

Just admit it. As 'wrong' as you say so-called 'beating' a child is (smacking is NOT 'beating' !!) ... you still can't offer a 'better', and 'right', solution to replace doing so.

Yet -- you still cling to your argument. You can't defend it. You can't suggest alternatives fitting your 'PC' outlook. But still, here you are, stubbornly clinging to your argument.

Do you really not get what's happening, Pete ? You're enslaved to an outlook and beliefs that FAIL to serve you. What you need do is break free of that enslavement, and let sheer comonsense be your guide in life, instead.

You won't do it, but of course. Fat chance, eh ?

Sad, Pete. Just .... sad.

Drummond
09-16-2018, 07:44 AM
"" The only thing a child learns from getting smacked around ""

Really Pete, who has been talking about doing that it their replies? Answer nobody has..
That you are blind to the way to properly discipline a child by spanking leads to to reference all of it as some form of abuse.
I'll not try or bother going into more detail in that difference as in my opinion your are either too blind, too stupid or deliberately mischaracterzing
those many posts that describe a loving and correct way to use spanking...
That to me is your problem , your are either blind or else very deceptive in your replies as a way to try to booster your insane liberal way of thinking.
So tel in all the thousands of years of previous history has spanking now suddenly been proven to be totally wrong-- by you godlike enlightened liberals??
What ffking arrogance you vermin have!!!!
You morons need a damn good spanking, IMHO..- :laugh:
Even tho' it would do not damn good at all. - Can cure the kind of abject stupidity, supreme arrogance and epic blindness that you ffing liberals thrive on and promote as your godless and heathen form of religion..
Tis why I think of liberals as damn maggots and with right and just cause too ..-- Tyr

As utterly ridiculous as it is, Tyr, it remains a fact that Leftist types cannot, ever, break free of their 'PC' rot. Doesn't matter that examples of it turn out to be nonsense, unworkable, downright damaging. They'll blindly follow it, come-what-may.

If their ideology insisted that the Moon was made of cheese, they'd argue that it was, until Hell froze over.

You can't reason with them .. they're as delusional as they choose to be. They are, therefore, totally unfit to EVER gain power.

Drummond
09-16-2018, 08:08 AM
I’ve said before, I didn’t use corporal punishment with my kids. I did gen them and jerk them back from entering a street or other dangerous options. I don’t think parents that spank in the common way are abusive.

I would not applaud the use of corporal punishment by schools, they are not the parent. I do however favor suspension and expulsion when a student is a continuing disruption to others education. It shouldn’t be so difficult.

Corporal punishment, in schools, isn't so bad. It applies a disciplinary solution that has an immediate effect, and it concludes whatever issue has arisen quickly and efficiently.

In my school, caning was an option, and was often employed. I'm unaware of any child ever, at any time, being actually 'damaged' by its use. However .. discipline was maintained. My school was, and continues to this day to be (and acknowledged as such), one providing the best learning environment to be found anywhere within a radius of several miles. It didn't FAIL as a school. Very far from it.

[... Granted, use of the cane, today, is pretty much impossible, thanks to interfering Lefties of Pete's ilk, and yes, this DOES cause some difficulty. Still, my school can and does trade on its reputation ... and still, relatively speaking, performs well as an excellent teaching environment]

Noir
09-16-2018, 08:08 AM
The story’s from each side tend to only range from ‘you’re abusing your child’ to ‘that child will know no discipline’ etc with little in-between, but the most reasonable take to me is something like Kathiannes post.

It’s not abuse, but I don’t think it’s desirable either.

pete311
09-16-2018, 09:21 AM
The story’s from each side tend to only range from ‘you’re abusing your child’ to ‘that child will know no discipline’ etc with little in-between, but the most reasonable take to me is something like Kathiannes post.

It is a abuse. Do you hit your dog when he acts out? Do you hit your wife or girlfriend when she acts out? I doubt it. Then why on gods green earth do you think it's okay to hit your own small child.

pete311
09-16-2018, 09:23 AM
Corporal punishment, in schools, isn't so bad. It applies a disciplinary solution that has an immediate effect, and it concludes whatever issue has arisen quickly and efficiently.

This is a problem with people in the military. They think violence is a solution to everything.

Noir
09-16-2018, 10:05 AM
It is a abuse. Do you hit your dog when he acts out? Do you hit your wife or girlfriend when she acts out? I doubt it. Then why on gods green earth do you think it's okay to hit your own small child.

I’d be interested to know what other forms of parenting your consider on the same level - Os shouting at a child acceptable? Is lying to a child acceptable? Is grounding a child acceptable?

Elessar
09-16-2018, 03:45 PM
This is a problem with people in the military. They think violence is a solution to everything.

YOU are completely wrong there, Pete! Again with your broad liberal brush!

I saved and protected lives. Yes, I was trained to kill to protect myself and others -
but preferred to diffuse a situation.

Treading on thin ice with THAT remark!

Drummond
09-16-2018, 03:57 PM
I’d be interested to know what other forms of parenting your consider on the same level - Os shouting at a child acceptable? Is lying to a child acceptable? Is grounding a child acceptable?

This dialogue between two Lefties is interesting.

OK, Noir. Track back, see what I've repeatedly asked Pete to answer (without getting one, naturally). How would YOU answer me ?

Drummond
09-16-2018, 04:02 PM

I wasn't discussing 'the military', Pete, so why are you, when replying to me ? I fail to see what their service to their country (which, it seems, you do NOT appreciate ??) has to do with applying discipline to a child.

Are you implying that a future scenario can be expected which would require calling upon the military to control totally out-of-control kids ??

Drummond
09-16-2018, 04:07 PM

Let me guess. In LeftieWorld, children are 'little adults'. Yes ?

Wives and girlfriends are adults. Not children. Nor are dogs children. Why, then, do you think that a comparison even applies ?

Elessar
09-16-2018, 05:53 PM

Have children. Find out. If you raise them by what you say here, they
will be nothing but cowardly, simpering and totally dependent burdens.

Elessar
09-16-2018, 06:04 PM
I wasn't discussing 'the military', Pete, so why are you, when replying to me ? I fail to see what their service to their country (which, it seems, you do NOT appreciate ??) has to do with applying discipline to a child.

Are you implying that a future scenario can be expected which would require calling upon the military to control totally out-of-control kids ??

Pete is again off the rails and deflecting, pete311.

US Coast Guard and US Air Force share Search and Rescue in the 50 States. We need no
permissions to go into a disaster area.

USCG and USAF can request other branches to respond. Navy and Marines are the fastest.
Army takes some moving, but when they are there, it is so welcome.

Military members are the worst for 'abuse' Pete? That is a flat out lie that you concocted
to cover your cowardly ass.

Prime mission of military is safety and security.

Abuse and beating will get you shoved into a prison, Pete.

Drummond
09-16-2018, 06:26 PM

I also think they'll be out of control. They'll lack discipline. They'll lack values. Having lacked an authority-figure, and not being used to one when one appears, they have a heightened chance of becoming the thugs and criminals of the next generation.

pete311
09-16-2018, 06:35 PM
Let me guess. In LeftieWorld, children are 'little adults'. Yes ?

Wives and girlfriends are adults. Not children. Nor are dogs children. Why, then, do you think that a comparison even applies ?

Got it, so hitting full grown adults is not ok, but defenseless children is okay to hit. It's not okay to hit dogs, but okay to hit little kids. Got it!

pete311
09-16-2018, 06:36 PM

So your best parenting advice is to strike my child. Got it, thanks!

Elessar
09-16-2018, 06:58 PM
Got it, so hitting full grown adults is not ok, but defenseless children is okay to hit. It's not okay to hit dogs, but okay to hit little kids. Got it!

You draw conclusions that were never stated.

Weak, liberal pussy!

Drummond
09-17-2018, 07:37 AM

I don't see how you have latitude to adopt a judgmental tone in any of this, Pete. I've repeatedly asked you for your own alternative to smacking a child, as part of a process of making one behave. You've not provided one.

If you were right and we were wrong, you'd have a means of showing us the error of our ways. But, you don't.

So tell me, why are you making comparisons between children and adults ? Do adults have the same need for discipline as children ? Are adults every bit as impervious to reason as children are ?

THIS is why an alternative to reasoning with a child is highly necessary, Pete, because so many will ignore such efforts if they're made, if they feel like it.

Pete ... really ... why aren't these arguments obvious to you ? Are you so mired in your 'PC' rot that you're deliberately blind to anything, no matter how eminently sensible, that's put to you ??

... Silly question. Yes, I know .... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

High_Plains_Drifter
09-17-2018, 08:00 AM
Why do you people argue with Pete? You know you'll never change his mind. He's been indoctrinated, brain washed, and it is DEEP, it is total.

Put him on ignore like I did, and maybe he'll go away.

After his comment about violence being us veterans and the military answer to everything, that should tell you just how sick that little leftist fuckers head is, and what he thinks of many of us here.

pete311
09-17-2018, 09:03 AM
Why do you people argue with Pete? You know you'll never change his mind. He's been indoctrinated, brain washed, and it is DEEP, it is total.

After his comment about violence being us veterans and the military answer to everything, that should tell you just how sick that little leftist fuckers head is, and what he thinks of many of us here.

Yup, please, anyone who believes in smacking young defenseless kids is okay put me on ignore. Hitting kids is a new a low for this community. Full grown men, smacking their kids, because they have no other ideas on how to parent. That is caveman parenting.

Noir
09-17-2018, 09:07 AM
@pete Post #65?

Drummond
09-17-2018, 09:23 AM

Well .. if we all put him on ignore, he'd tell anyone who'd care to listen how it was that nobody here was willing to challenge him back on anything he wanted to assert. It'd be 'good' propaganda for his side of the fence.

Why give him such a gift, when he couldn't possibly deserve it ?

You're basically right. This individual is brainwashed, and even when he's comprehensively proved wrong, he'll never admit it in a million years. He'd rather run and hide than be honourable enough to give an inch in fair debate.

Still, I enjoy defeating him. Such as, in this current debate. He can't defend his position, he can't give alternatives. That's painfully obvious. It has its worth as amusement value.

As for his thoughts on the military .. I'd say this was all the more reason to take him on. You surely know his type ... if he isn't tackled, he'll just go away with a false sense of self-righteousness. Elessar's 'calling him out' is, in my view, exactly what Pete has earned.

Drummond
09-17-2018, 09:27 AM
@pete Post #65?

Good luck with that one ...:rolleyes:

pete311
09-17-2018, 12:34 PM
@pete Post #65?

not abuse, except if you are verbally shitting on your kid every instance.

Noir
09-17-2018, 12:44 PM
Okay - so patching this together for clarity (and then I’ll I’ll trim it to one idea to keep the conversation focused)

Is shouting at a child acceptable? Is lying to a child acceptable? Is grounding a child acceptable?

not abuse, except if you are verbally shitting on your kid every instance.

So from that it follows - Do you shout at your girlfriend when she “acts out”? Or at the very least do you think girlfriends should be shouted at when they “act out”?

Abbey Marie
09-17-2018, 01:32 PM

Pete, I was beaten as a child by my own mother. Regularly. And they are not false memories, as my two older brothers can tell the same story. I vowed to break the chain with my own daughter, and I did. I would never and did never hit my child in anger or in any way violently. But when she was young, she got the very occasional light spank on the butt.
There is a world of difference between a corrective mild spank and a beating. And I dare you to try to tell me otherwise. I've been there, and I know all too well.

Btw, one or two spankings at a young age, and you usually never have to actually do it again.

I had a medical visit this morning, and the two nurses and I happened to be talking about this very thing, before I saw this thread. They both were saying that the problem with kids today is they have zero fear of any authority. Kids now tell their own parents that they will call 911 if they touch them. The nurses blame lack of spanking and our accompanying overbearing laws for the problem.

I will say this: It is the parents' job, not the school, to punish this way. We considered a private Christian school when our daughter was young, but they reserved the right to inflict corporal punishment for misbehaving. That was not going to happen. The problem is, if the young kids know there will be no spanking at home, they will continue to disobey at school, and the schools have little to no recourse. I feel sorry for school employees who have to deal with undisciplined kids, and have nowhere to turn.

High_Plains_Drifter
09-17-2018, 03:22 PM
Well .. if we all put him on ignore, he'd tell anyone who'd care to listen how it was that nobody here was willing to challenge him back on anything he wanted to assert. It'd be 'good' propaganda for his side of the fence.

Why give him such a gift, when he couldn't possibly deserve it ?

You're basically right. This individual is brainwashed, and even when he's comprehensively proved wrong, he'll never admit it in a million years. He'd rather run and hide than be honourable enough to give an inch in fair debate.

Still, I enjoy defeating him. Such as, in this current debate. He can't defend his position, he can't give alternatives. That's painfully obvious. It has its worth as amusement value.

As for his thoughts on the military .. I'd say this was all the more reason to take him on. You surely know his type ... if he isn't tackled, he'll just go away with a false sense of self-righteousness. Elessar's 'calling him out' is, in my view, exactly what Pete has earned.
Honestly, Drummond, there is NO ONE pete could tell, whatever the hell he wants, that I would give two shits about. I don't see ignoring him as losing anything. I see it as a win, because I don't have to read his moronic crap. See... he's PAST just being a democrat, or even a liberal, he's into FULL BLOWN RADICAL LEFTISM. He is BRAIN WASHED into an ideology that is UNHEALTHY. Him and his kind are a danger to society with their sick and twisted views of how they think things should be. They are mentally ill, and they have nothing to say that I need to hear.

pete311
09-17-2018, 04:38 PM
So from that it follows - Do you shout at your girlfriend when she “acts out”? Or at the very least do you think girlfriends should be shouted at when they “act out”?

I have a wife and I've only shouted at her a few times in 5 years. Interested to see your end game on this.

Elessar
09-17-2018, 04:42 PM
Honestly, Drummond, there is NO ONE pete could tell, whatever the hell he wants, that I would give two shits about. I don't see ignoring him as losing anything. I see it as a win, because I don't have to read his moronic crap. See... he's PAST just being a democrat, or even a liberal, he's into FULL BLOWN RADICAL LEFTISM. He is BRAIN WASHED into an ideology that is UNHEALTHY. Him and his kind are a danger to society with their sick and twisted views of how they think things should be. They are mentally ill, and they have nothing to say that I need to hear.

He is a cowardly swine that hat will run and hide when faced up to.

Face me or the other Vets in my Call Out, so that the whole community can see what a coward you are.

pete311
09-17-2018, 04:44 PM
Pete, I was beaten as a child by my own mother. Regularly. And they are not false memories, as my two older brothers can tell the same story. I vowed to break the chain with my own daughter, and I did. I would never and did never hit my child in anger or in any way violently. But when she was young, she got the very occasional light spank on the butt.
There is a world of difference between a corrective mild spank and a beating. And I dare you to try to tell me otherwise. I've been there, and I know all too well.

Btw, one or two spankings at a young age, and you usually never have to actually do it again.

I had a medical visit this morning, and the two nurses and I happened to be talking about this very thing, before I saw this thread. They both were saying that the problem with kids today is they have zero fear of any authority. Kids now tell their own parents that they will call 911 if they touch them. The nurses blame lack of spanking and our accompanying overbearing laws for the problem.

I will say this: It is the parents' job, not the school, to punish this way. We considered a private Christian school when our daughter was young, but they reserved the right to inflict corporal punishment for misbehaving. That was not going to happen. The problem is, if the young kids know there will be no spanking at home, they will continue to disobey at school, and the schools have little to no recourse. I feel sorry for school employees who have to deal with undisciplined kids, and have nowhere to turn.

Plenty of inner city kids get their fathers belt. It doesn't help. They just become bitter and violent themselves. Violence is never the answer. If you need to resort to physical violence on your child you need to rethink everything you've done. Physical violence is NOT some inherent and vital attribute to parenting.

Elessar
09-17-2018, 04:49 PM
I have a wife and I've only shouted at her a few times in 5 years. Interested to see your end game on this.

Again you deflect.

People are people, man and woman....couples gay or homo. No two of a couple have the same
psychology so there will be conflict. Couples need to see that and know it is not personal.

Is your shouting abuse in your terms?

Noir
09-17-2018, 04:51 PM

The “end game” is your distinction between physical violence and verbal violence.

You are are more than willing to state that there are degrees to which verbal violence is acceptable - to the extent that I do not think you would consider yourself to be an abusive husband even though you have been verbally abusive to your wife.

Recognise the same in the people you are colouring as child abusers.

Drummond
09-17-2018, 05:27 PM

Fair enough, then. Besides, I certainly agree that he and his kind are a danger to society. The danger is not only from the insane nature of their outlook, but particularly, they persuade others, many others, into thinking the same way.

We're on the cusp (for example) of seeing smacking children actually OUTLAWED here. Scotland is virtually at that point, and chances are that the rest of the UK will follow suit. As if we don't have enough problems already, from teenage gangs, and knife crime rocketing ... insane Lefties now want to see created an entire generation that grows up, having never been meaningfully taught to respect authority.

Pete and his type would never face what they risk bringing to society. So, I see your point to an extent - you can't reason with them.

That doesn't alter the fact that they need to be stopped.

Drummond
09-17-2018, 05:37 PM
Plenty of inner city kids get their fathers belt. It doesn't help. They just become bitter and violent themselves. Violence is never the answer. If you need to resort to physical violence on your child you need to rethink everything you've done. Physical violence is NOT some inherent and vital attribute to parenting.

Still waiting for you to suggest a workable alternative, Pete, to smacking as a means of achieving quick and efficient remedial discipline. I'm actually getting tired, now, of asking. Is this the 4th or 5th time ?? I'm losing track ....

aboutime
09-17-2018, 06:38 PM
Fair enough, then. Besides, I certainly agree that he and his kind are a danger to society. The danger is not only from the insane nature of their outlook, but particularly, they persuade others, many others, into thinking the same way.

We're on the cusp (for example) of seeing smacking children actually OUTLAWED here. Scotland is virtually at that point, and chances are that the rest of the UK will follow suit. As if we don't have enough problems already, from teenage gangs, and knife crime rocketing ... insane Lefties now want to see created an entire generation that grows up, having never been meaningfully taught to respect authority.

Pete and his type would never face what they risk bringing to society. So, I see your point to an extent - you can't reason with them.

That doesn't alter the fact that they need to be stopped.

Democrats, Liberals, Leftists, Progressives, Socialists, Snowflakes, Weasels, Cowards, Liars, and Politicians from the DNC!

Elessar
09-17-2018, 06:55 PM
He is a cowardly swine that hat will run and hide when faced up to.

Face me or the other Vets in my Call Out, so that the whole community can see what a coward you are.

You have NOTHING to show but a big mouth and opinion backed by NOTHING.

You are a liberal wining loser!

Gunny
09-17-2018, 09:09 PM
Wow. Pete and Noir in the same thread. I feel dumber already and haven't even read any of their BS :laugh:

High_Plains_Drifter
09-18-2018, 12:28 AM
Wow. Pete and Noir in the same thread. I feel dumber already and haven't even read any of their BS :laugh:
Exactly why I have one of them on ignore.

At least Noir will occasionally attempt to support his opinion with... something. pete just spews shit and then cuts out like the little pussy he is. I don't miss reading his crap one bit.

pete311
09-18-2018, 07:48 AM
Still waiting for you to suggest a workable alternative, Pete, to smacking as a means of achieving quick and efficient remedial discipline. I'm actually getting tired, now, of asking. Is this the 4th or 5th time ?? I'm losing track ....

I'm not falling into your hypothetical trap. Just because I won't answer doesn't mean physical violence on your child is right. Get that through your caveman brain.

STTAB
09-18-2018, 08:02 AM

Not all spankings are abuse, and suggesting that they are is for sure a sign of extremism and possible (probable?) mental illness.

I doubt you even believe this, but in this day and age, everyone has to take everything to the extreme instead of just saying "of course there is a difference between spanking a child and abusing a child)

But in case you don't, let me illustrate a difference for you. When my oldest son was younger he had a friend who's father was a drug dealer. I spank my children when they need it for behavorial corrections, my son's friend's father burned his son with cigarettes, just because.

See the difference????????

Abbey Marie
09-18-2018, 11:22 AM
I'm not falling into your hypothetical trap. Just because I won't answer doesn't mean physical violence on your child is right. Get that through your caveman brain.

You’re right.

But it does mean that you don’t know a successful alternative.

STTAB
09-18-2018, 11:43 AM
I gave my wife a pretty good spanking last night. Is that abuse?

Drummond
09-18-2018, 01:31 PM

So, are you saying that there is NO right solution ? Seriously ?? It's an 'unsolvable dilemma', is it ???

Pete, that's just nuts.

Therefore, if you reject both 'paddling' and spanking as solutions, it's up to you to provide a 'right' one in their place !!

This puts me in the ludicrous position of asking you what it is, for at least the FIFTH, possibly the SIXTH, TIME (.. and yes, I've asked you this so many times, I'm genuinely losing track of the number) !!

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-18-2018, 01:39 PM
So, are you saying that there is NO right solution ? Seriously ?? It's an 'unsolvable dilemma', is it ???

Pete, that's just nuts.

Therefore, if you reject both 'paddling' and spanking as solutions, it's up to you to provide a 'right' one in their place !!

This puts me in the ludicrous position of asking you what it is, for at least the FIFTH, possibly the SIXTH, TIME (.. and yes, I've asked you this so many times, I'm genuinely losing track of the number) !!

My friend, you have Pete in a trap. As he can not admit there is no other alternative--thus giving away the liberal position of wanting it to be totally ignored. And if ignored, the child ends up being a liberal, democrat and /or a criminal --oft being all three.
With Pete and his ilk it is a matter of increasing the moronic herd they themselves lead and infest.
He will not answer because it clearly reveals the truth of why they want no spanking..
They want more liberal brats and more society rejects and criminals.
He has been forced into the corner and will thus give such weak and idiotic excuses as to try to make the- light shone-- go away..-Tyr

pete311
09-18-2018, 02:01 PM
Not all spankings are abuse, and suggesting that they are is for sure a sign of extremism and possible (probable?) mental illness.

I doubt you even believe this, but in this day and age, everyone has to take everything to the extreme instead of just saying "of course there is a difference between spanking a child and abusing a child)

But in case you don't, let me illustrate a difference for you. When my oldest son was younger he had a friend who's father was a drug dealer. I spank my children when they need it for behavorial corrections, my son's friend's father burned his son with cigarettes, just because.

See the difference????????

Yup, and still neither are right

pete311
09-18-2018, 02:02 PM

Pete, that's just nuts.

There are many right solutions and physical violence is not one of them.

pete311
09-18-2018, 02:02 PM
You’re right.

But it does mean that you don’t know a successful alternative.

How to properly raise a child can't be expressed in a few statements, I know you know that.

pete311
09-18-2018, 02:03 PM
I gave my wife a pretty good spanking last night. Is that abuse?

Now we're talking! That is consensual, at least I hope so! Otherwise I'll call you Kavanaugh.

Drummond
09-18-2018, 02:37 PM
My friend, you have Pete in a trap. As he can not admit there is no other alternative--thus giving away the liberal position of wanting it to be totally ignored. And if ignored, the child ends up being a liberal, democrat and /or a criminal --oft being all three.
With Pete and his ilk it is a matter of increasing the moronic herd they themselves lead and infest.
He will not answer because it clearly reveals the truth of why they want no spanking..
They want more liberal brats and more society rejects and criminals.
He has been forced into the corner and will thus give such weak and idiotic excuses as to try to make the- light shone-- go away..-Tyr

Very well put ... thanks, Tyr.

I might persist in pressing him for an answer, though. It's a cross between seeing Pete's pathetic situation as comedy, and an exercise in futility that has a certain perverse fascination .... :laugh:

Drummond
09-18-2018, 02:49 PM

'Many' .. eh ?

Is that so 'many', that you can't even choose ONE ??

Perhaps you think they're all secret ? H'mm ? Is that it ? A mystery, not to be divulged to us 'Neanderthals' ... eh ?

Pete -- you're being pathetic. I'm right in thinking that (a) you know you're bested in this argument, but that (b) being a Leftie, you are incapable of doing the honorable thing and ADMITTING IT.

When I debate, Pete, I'm very willing to admit when I'm wrong, when it's proved to me that I am (happily, those are rare occurrences). How come ? Because I'm not enslaved to an ideology that forbids admissions of error, and, because I have personal honour which would permit it.

But you, evidently, have NONE.

Of course not. You're a creature of the Left, too afraid of admitting error.

So, go on. PROVE me WRONG.

pete311
09-18-2018, 08:46 PM
'Many' .. eh ?

Is that so 'many', that you can't even choose ONE ??

Perhaps you think they're all secret ? H'mm ? Is that it ? A mystery, not to be divulged to us 'Neanderthals' ... eh ?

Pete -- you're being pathetic. I'm right in thinking that (a) you know you're bested in this argument, but that (b) being a Leftie, you are incapable of doing the honorable thing and ADMITTING IT.

When I debate, Pete, I'm very willing to admit when I'm wrong, when it's proved to me that I am (happily, those are rare occurrences). How come ? Because I'm not enslaved to an ideology that forbids admissions of error, and, because I have personal honour which would permit it.

But you, evidently, have NONE.

Of course not. You're a creature of the Left, too afraid of admitting error.

So, go on. PROVE me WRONG.

Your hypothetical is not reasonable. There are thousands of surrounding variables and dependencies. You don't just insert an opinion into a made up situation. It all follows from what you do from the beginning.

aboutime
09-18-2018, 08:53 PM
He tries to impress people he doesn't know by using words they wouldn't normally use to one-another. It's an Obama trait, used to impress the uninformed (like Dem voters) by using words meant to put them in their place...as the speaker looks down his nose at the Peasants beneath him. Double-talking, and Rambling of overused, unnecessary language comes from people who are impressed with one person...THEMSELVES.

Example..all of the speeches Obama has been giving lately are BRAGGING about HIM.

So, in Obama's lame image, using Obama's lame tactics...Petey believes WE will fall for it.

I found the perfect answer to petey, and his Obama act: https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SesquipedalianLoquaciousness

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-19-2018, 05:43 AM
He tries to impress people he doesn't know by using words they wouldn't normally use to one-another. It's an Obama trait, used to impress the uninformed (like Dem voters) by using words meant to put them in their place...as the speaker looks down his nose at the Peasants beneath him. Double-talking, and Rambling of overused, unnecessary language comes from people who are impressed with one person...THEMSELVES.

Example..all of the speeches Obama has been giving lately are BRAGGING about HIM.

So, in Obama's lame image, using Obama's lame tactics...Petey believes WE will fall for it.

I found the perfect answer to petey, and his Obama act: https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SesquipedalianLoquaciousness

My friend, you just nailed it-- as that is Pete in a NUTSHELL.--:beer: :clap:
Liberals have one overbearing and completely unforgivable trait in my opinion and that is their damn massive arrogance..
Which is a thing that I simply can not and will not abide, by turning a blind eye to it.
I see it in spades with every liberal I'e ever met or had discussions with. Such pretentiousness and lying falsity in all that they say and do.-Tyr

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-19-2018, 06:03 AM
Thanks to my very good friend, our own Abouttime
I was inspired to write Pete this little slam rhyme
I slammed it out quick and think it is not half bad
Although its subject and his arrogance are very sad.......

If Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness Is Your Bag

If sesquipedalian loquaciousness is your bag
You live to critique and harangue
Your ink stains falsity and in rainbow blues
You play as if wearing diamond studded shoes
Know some may see your arrogance and in disgust
Swear to never even a moment ever you trust
So peddle your lies and sickness to the blind
As decent folks see well and know your kind.

If sesquipedalian loquaciousness is your way
You love to complicate all you live to say
Your thoughts are how is it best to present lies
Complicate even basics ingredients in mom's apple pies
Know we are not all peasants, stupid and blind
Your grievously contrived errors we most oft find
So spread your manure on other vacated fields
We are not the fools you thought, we never yield.

If sesquipedalian loquaciousness is your bag
You live to critique and harangue
Your ink stains falsity and in rainbow blues
You play as if wearing diamond studded shoes
Know some may see your arrogance and in disgust
Swear to never even a moment ever you trust
So peddle your lies and sickness to the blind
As decent folks see well and know your kind.

Robert J. Lindley, 9-19-2018
Rhyme slam, (Honoring our own little Petey boy)

Drummond
09-19-2018, 06:27 AM
Your hypothetical is not reasonable. There are thousands of surrounding variables and dependencies. You don't just insert an opinion into a made up situation. It all follows from what you do from the beginning.

Twisting and squirming, now. This gets ever more pitiful.

My so-called 'hypothetical' situation HAS happened, and it WILL happen. Yes, there needs to be a proper solution to it, when it does.

But every time I ask for one from you, I'm wasting my time.

MANY right solutions, YOU said, Pete. But when challenged, you failed to offer even one.

In my 'hypothetical' scenario, let me tell you, Pete, no solution to a tantrum-throwing child will be found in responding to it with a painstaking and detailed review of the 'beginning' of parenting !! A child acts up, right in front of you. What do you do about it ??

Form a committee to consider all possible 'action plans', maybe ??

This is the difference between Left and Right. Lefties try to buy into a 'utopian' vision of the world (their version of one, anyway). They dream up that vision, then convince themselves that this is the only so-called 'reality' they need ever think about.

In the meantime, 'Righties' live in the REAL world, dealing with REAL issues.

Pete, for all your cloud-cuckooland viewing of the world, you cannot get to grips with what REALLY happens in the REAL world ... and, since you're both dishonourable and cowardly, you can never admit error. When bested, you just run.

And you have been bested, in this argument.

We all know it. So stop being so pathetic and be honest for once.

STTAB
09-19-2018, 08:00 AM
Yup, and still neither are right

Are you seriously suggesting that a woman doesn't have the right to use deadly force to protect herself from sexual attack? Are you a rapist or something Pete? Don't wanna get shot?

Elessar
09-19-2018, 08:05 AM

Well, let's hear them then, unless they are the standard liberal "Oh you poor baby! Let me rub it
and make you feel better" crap.

Sounds to me like you could not raise a walnut.

STTAB
09-19-2018, 08:22 AM
Hey Pete, just something to ponder. Back in the days when schools regurarly paddled misbehaving children, school shootings were very rare. Now instead of paddling misbehaving children schools are medicating them and school shootings are much more common. So this seems to be a clear case of a little "violence" preventing a lot of VIOLENCE if we would just continue to let schools paddle misbehaving children.

aboutime
09-19-2018, 03:03 PM
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRIDm-p5gdXZNFhZWXsMG037DaKMaG7YXLUeSt4c56dE_KrjaWO

Drummond
09-19-2018, 05:23 PM
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRIDm-p5gdXZNFhZWXsMG037DaKMaG7YXLUeSt4c56dE_KrjaWO
:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::l augh2: