PDA

View Full Version : Ronan Farrow: Senate Democrats 'Actively Came Looking' for New Kavanaugh Accusation

jimnyc
09-24-2018, 10:49 AM
Of course they did, they were dreaming of ways, any way possible to continue to delay and obstruct until after the mid-terms. The republicans are assholes for allowing this to fester and continue, when everything is so damn obviously false. One story unfolds and falls apart, so start a new one and demand more time. Pathetic, both sides unless the right says ENOUGH and confirms.

---

Ronan Farrow: Senate Democrats 'Actively Came Looking' for New Kavanaugh Accusation

The shocking allegations made by Deborah Ramirez against Brett Kavanaugh fell apart in record time, but that hasn't stopped Democrats from seizing on these new allegations to... you guessed it, call for a delay. Recent revelations suggest this was the Democrats' plan all along — that this whole bogus story was concocted by Senate Democrats as Christine Blasey Ford's story fell apart last week.

Check out what Ronan Farrow said on Good Morning America earlier today:

STEPHANOPOULOS: Why did [Deborah Ramirez] come forward?

FARROW: She came forward because Senate Democrats came looking for this claim. She did not flag this. This came to the attention of people on the Hill independently, and it has cornered her into an awkward position. She said, point-blank, I don’t want to ruin anyone’s life, but she feels this is a serious claim. She considers her own memories credible and she felt it was important to tell her own story before others did for her.

Got that? Democrats sought her out. Democrats were obviously free to investigate, but according to Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley, Democrats withheld this info from Republicans on the Senate Judiciary Committee.

The spokesperson in a statement slammed Democrats for "withholding information" regarding the allegations.
"Yet again, Senate Democrats actively withheld information from the rest of the Committee only to drop information at politically opportune moments," the statement said, doubling down on his remarks that Democrats withheld the first allegation against Kavanaugh from Christine Blasey Ford, who went public last week.

The spokesperson said the Democrats appear to be "more interested in a political takedown" than "pursuing allegations through a bipartisan and professional" investigation.

"Of course, we will attempt to evaluate these new claims," the statement added.

Rest - https://pjmedia.com/trending/ronan-farrow-senate-democrats-actively-came-looking-for-new-kavanaugh-accusation/

FakeNewsSux
09-24-2018, 10:56 AM
Of course they did, they were dreaming of ways, any way possible to continue to delay and obstruct until after the mid-terms. The republicans are assholes for allowing this to fester and continue, when everything is so damn obviously false. One story unfolds and falls apart, so start a new one and demand more time. Pathetic, both sides unless the right says ENOUGH and confirms.

I wholeheartedly agree but I think we might have to cut Sen Grassley a little bit of slack. I think if he didn't let Ford testify before a vote, he would lose the votes of Flake and Collins which would blow up the Committee vote in favor of Kavanaugh.

jimnyc
09-24-2018, 11:00 AM
I wholeheartedly agree but I think we might have to cut Sen Grassley a little bit of slack. I think if he didn't let Ford testify before a vote, he would lose the votes of Flake and Collins which would blow up the Committee vote in favor of Kavanaugh.

I agree, they needed to bend a tad - but also should have made it clear to ALL of America what happened, when Feinstein got this letter, when she decided to release it (last minute) and all of the proof, namely none at all.

I just hope that after this twit is done, that there aren't any stupid people on the right that will vote against and give them a victory of sorts.

FakeNewsSux
09-24-2018, 11:11 AM
And we were all taught that William Randolph Hurst, as loosely portrayed in the classic film Citizen Kane, was the definition of the 'golden age' of yellow journalism. It looks like today's left leaning media makes him look like a piker.

jimnyc
09-24-2018, 11:26 AM
30 some odd years later she remembers - but during the difficult times she never spoke to her best friend? Another BS story right off the bat.

---

New Yorker: Brett Kavanaugh Exposed Himself at Freshman Party; Kavanaugh Denies

The New Yorker reported a new accusation Sunday evening against Judge Brett Kavanaugh: that as a college freshman at Yale University, a drunken Kavanaugh “exposed himself at a drunken dormitory party,” and that when she tried to push him away in her drunken condition she accidently touched his penis.

The article, by Ronan Farrow and Jane Mayer, comes hours after Christine Balsey Ford agreed to testify Thursday about an allegation that Kavanaugh groped her in high school.

Kavanaugh denies the allegation, in a statement reported by the New Yorker: “This alleged event from 35 years ago did not happen. The people who knew me then know that this did not happen, and have said so. This is a smear, plain and simple. I look forward to testifying on Thursday about the truth, and defending my good name–and the reputation for character and integrity I have spent a lifetime building–against these last-minute allegations.” The White House called it “the latest in a coordinated smear campaign by the Democrats designed to tear down a good man.”

Farrow and Mayer admit that Deborah Ramirez, the woman making the accusation, acknowledges being drunk at the party where she alleges the incident occurred, and that “her memories contained gaps.” They also note: “The New Yorker has not confirmed with other eyewitnesses that Kavanaugh was present at the party. The magazine contacted several dozen classmates of Ramirez and Kavanaugh regarding the incident. Many did not respond to interview requests; others declined to comment, or said they did not attend or remember the party.”

One classmate of Ramirez, who declined to be named, said that he was told later about the party and that he remembered being told that Kavanaugh had behaved as described. Others had apparently also heard similar stories but not the names of those involved.

However, a woman who described herself as Ramirez’s best friend at the time told the New Yorker that she never heard about the story: “I was never told this story by her, or by anyone else. It never came up. I didn’t see it; I never heard of it happening.”

Farrow and Mayer also explore other allegations about wild behavior involving “Kavanaugh and his social scene,” without connecting him to further allegations.

Rest - https://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/09/23/new-yorker-brett-kavanaugh-exposed-himself-at-freshman-party-kavanaugh-denies/

jimnyc
09-24-2018, 11:30 AM
Ramirez’s Yale Classmates Reject Kavanaugh Allegations, White House Stands by Nominee

WASHINGTON, DC – The second woman accusing Judge Brett Kavanaugh of inappropriate drunken behavior, Deborah Ramirez, admits “significant gaps in her memories” regarding the college party in question. Critics note her allegations come after six days of consulting with a Democratic lawyer, other persons she claims were at the party deny her account, and even her college best friend admits, “I never heard of it.”

Despite focused efforts by Democratic political operatives and left-wing lawyer Debra Katz, the recent account of Christine Blasey Ford appears to be unraveling. Each of the four people she claimed to be present at a 1982 party where she claimed an intoxicated 17-year-old Kavanaugh groped her have either denied her account or said they have no knowledge of it.

As that line of attack on President Donald Trump’s Supreme Court nominee falters, another Democrat-supported accuser has suddenly emerged.

While allegedly heavily drinking in 1983 at a party when she and Kavanaugh were freshmen at Yale, Ramirez told the New Yorker that she “became inebriated” and “was on the floor, foggy and slurring her words” during the event in question.

“Ramirez acknowledged that there are significant gaps in her memories of the evening,” the left-wing magazine explains. “Her memories contained gaps because she had been drinking at the time of the alleged incident.” However, after she had been coached for six days by a lawyer who is a former Democratic local elected official, “Ramirez said that she felt confident enough of her recollections to say that she remembers Kavanaugh had exposed himself at a drunken dormitory party.”

Individuals she said were present at the time deny her accusations today, the New Yorker acknowledges. “One of the male classmates who Ramirez said egged on Kavanaugh denied any memory of the party. ‘I don’t think Brett would flash himself to Debbie, or anyone, for that matter,’ he said.”

“I have no recollection,” said a second person she claimed was an eye-witness.

Rest - https://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/09/23/ramirez-yale-classmates-deny-kavanaugh-allegations/

jimnyc
09-24-2018, 11:35 AM
And here comes CNN to the rescue! Dang scummy idiots. Credible AND corroborated? :rolleyes:

And he forgot the "striking similarities" that both come with ZERO proof, neither has corroboration, supposed witnesses that don't remember and both popped up at the last moment, conveniently.

---

CNN’s Toobin: ‘Preposterous’ New Kavanaugh Accuser Is Lying — Story ‘Has a Ring of Truth’

Monday on CNN’s “New Day,” network legal analyst Jeffrey Toobin weighed in on Brett Kavanaugh’s second accusation of sexual misconduct, calling it “preposterous” to believe the accuser, Deborah Ramirez, is lying.

According to Toobin, the new accuser “does change things” because of its similarities to the accusation made by Dr. Christine Blasey Ford.

“I think it changes the whole story because it’s another credible corroborated allegation of sexual misconduct by Brett Kavanaugh a long time ago, and senators are going to have to decide whether it matters to them,” Toobin said. “I think it does change things, but this is an election with 100 voters, and we will see if they are interested in these facts.”

He went on to say, “What’s striking about the allegation, it is similar in atmospherics to the high school allegation: The excessive drinking and the coercive relationship with women. If you read Mark Judge, the alleged accomplice in the first assault, the world he describes at Georgetown Prep of really absurd amounts of drinking, weird hostility towards women. It’s all of a piece. It is all consistent with one another. Are they all lies? Perhaps, but it certainly has a ring of truth to me. … The question is what are people going to do with this? The idea that it’s all made up seems sort of preposterous at this point.”

https://www.breitbart.com/video/2018/09/24/cnns-toobin-preposterous-new-kavanaugh-accuser-is-lying-story-has-a-ring-of-truth/

jimnyc
09-24-2018, 11:56 AM
Even these rat turds declined. I guess they grew tired of being nailed for lying and anonymous stories enough.

---

The New York Times was unable to corroborate second Kavanaugh accuser's story

The New York Times reported on Sunday that it was unable to corroborate the claims of a second accuser who says Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh exposed himself to her in college.

Deborah Ramirez alleges that Kavanaugh thrust his penis into her face while she was drunk at a Yale University dormitory party. The New Yorker ran with Ramirez’s allegation on Sunday despite being unable to produce any firsthand witnesses or confirm that Kavanaugh was at the party where the incident was said to have occurred.

The New York Times noted several paragraphs deep in a report that it chose not to report on Ramirez’s allegation because of a lack of corroborating evidence.

“The Times had interviewed several dozen people over the past week in an attempt to corroborate her story, and could find no one with firsthand knowledge,” the NYT’s Sheryl Gay Stolberg and Nicholas Fandos reported. “Ms. Ramirez herself contacted former Yale classmates asking if they recalled the incident and told some of them that she could not be certain Mr. Kavanaugh was the one who exposed himself.”

Rest - http://dailycaller.com/2018/09/24/new-york-times-second-kavanaugh-accuser/

jimnyc
09-24-2018, 12:02 PM
Apparently ABC as well - oh, and CBS too

---

NY Times, ABC News, Throw Shade on New Yorker Kavanaugh Hit Piece

The New Yorker hit piece on Brett Kavanaugh published Sunday night accusing Supreme Court nominee Judge Brett Kavanaugh, without corroboration, of exposing himself to a female Yale classmate at a drunken dorm party in the 1980s was met with skepticism by the New York Times and ABC News. (UPDATE: CBS News, also. At end.)

The Times reported, but buried, (https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/23/us/politics/brett-kavanaugh-christine-blasey-ford-testify.html) that it had spent a week investing the accusation by Deborah Ramirez but was unable to find an eyewitness and that Ramirez had recently told several of her classmates she wasn’t sure it was Kavanaugh.

Judge Kavanaugh’s prospects were further clouded on Sunday when The New Yorker reported on a new allegation of sexual impropriety: A woman who went to Yale with Judge Kavanaugh said that, during a drunken dormitory party their freshman year, he exposed himself to her, thrust his penis into her face and caused her to touch it without her consent.

In a statement, Judge Kavanaugh denied the allegation from the woman, Deborah Ramirez, and called it “a smear, plain and simple.” The New Yorker did not confirm with other eyewitnesses that Judge Kavanaugh was at the party.

The Times had interviewed several dozen people over the past week in an attempt to corroborate her story, and could find no one with firsthand knowledge. Ms. Ramirez herself contacted former Yale classmates asking if they recalled the incident and told some of them that she could not be certain Mr. Kavanaugh was the one who exposed himself.

ABC News’ George Stephanopoulos repeatedly challenged Ronan Farrow, who co-authored the New Yorker article with Jane Mayer, in an interview Monday on Good Morning America. Farrow was forced to admit he had no eyewitnesses but he insisted that people who knew Kavanaugh at Yale said it was “possible.”

Farrow closed the interview by claiming accuser Ramirez insisted she wants to be “fair” to Brett Kavanaugh.

CBS News also challenged co-author Jane Mayer on the lack of eyewitnesses.

http://www.dpimagehosting.com/images/2018/09/24/r6dwHse.png

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2018/09/ny-times-abc-news-throw-shade-on-new-yorker-kavanaugh-hit-piece/