PDA

View Full Version : Immunify360

jimnyc
09-25-2018, 09:28 AM
I was just making a post, and at the last second a message popped up confirming that I was not a robot - and then I had to choose a selection of photos to prove as much.

This is news to me and not something I installed - this is something installed on the backend Linux side by the host! It shouldn't be a cause for concern and I wanted to alert everyone - just an added security feature is all!

Abbey Marie
09-25-2018, 11:52 AM
Oh, good! I just got the same message.

jimnyc
09-25-2018, 12:01 PM
Oh, good! I just got the same message.

I'm hoping it's not something that we all get inundated with over and over. I truly don't know this program and am behind the scenes gobbling up all the information about it that I can! But it appears it's all back end. I can't control it at all. The only thing I can do, from what I see thus far, would be to open a ticket and have them disable it for our site. I don't want to instantly go jumping to that. It IS a good security feature, if not done non-stop.

For example, if an IP address was doing unusual repetitive and fast actions on the site, then I can see it verifying that you aren't a bot or a program. And then hopefully kinda leave you alone after that and the verification. But if done every other post? Then I'd have to ask them more about it.

Abbey Marie
09-25-2018, 12:06 PM
If it’s only on log in, it’s not bad. If it keeps popping up during a session, then it may feel like a nuisance.