PDA

View Full Version : Dunkin' Donuts will now just be "Dunkin'"

jimnyc
09-25-2018, 04:29 PM
Well now, I don't like this. I like my donuts, even if I don't always get them. And even if they may continue selling them of course. This is DUNKIN' DONUTS!!! You don't mess with something that isn't broken!!

jimnyc
09-25-2018, 04:32 PM
Almost forgot article!

Dunkin' Donuts is dropping the 'Donuts' from its name, despite the fact it helped invent the word 'donut'

-Dunkin' Donuts announced Tuesday that it was officially dropping the "Donuts" from its name.
-The chain was crucial to the popularization of the word "donut" over "doughnut" starting in the 1950s.
-Merriam-Webster even credits Dunkin' Donuts for helping to popularize the spelling, forcing the dictionary to add the word.

Dunkin' Donuts is dropping the "Donuts" from its name.

On Tuesday the chain announced that in January it would officially change its name to simply "Dunkin'." Tests of the shortened name over the past year have inspired backlash, but apparently did little to persuade executives not to make the change official.

The decision is especially notable because Dunkin' Donuts played a crucial role in putting the word "donut" in the dictionary.

Dunkin' Donuts and Mister Donut, two chains founded by brothers-in-law in the mid-1950s, are some of the first known uses of the term "donut" as opposed to the traditional "doughnut."

Rest - https://www.businessinsider.com/dunkin-drops-donuts-but-invented-word-2018-9

Elessar
09-25-2018, 05:16 PM
Well now, I don't like this. I like my donuts, even if I don't always get them. And even if they may continue selling them of course. This is DUNKIN' DONUTS!!! You don't mess with something that isn't broken!!

Old saying: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!".