PDA

View Full Version : New wall decor

Abbey Marie
09-26-2018, 02:05 PM
I recently bought, and we hung up, a magnetic world map with little magnetic pins to mark everywhere we’ve been. It’s so cool to walk by it and see both where we’ve been, and all the places we should go see. Most recent pin was in Alaska by our daughter.

It’s available as a Groupon for a reasonable price. I’d recommend it.

You military guys may or may not want to be reminded, but I’ll bet you’d have lots of places marked.

aboutime
09-26-2018, 02:30 PM
I recently bought, and we hung up, a magnetic world map with little magnetic pins to mark everywhere we’ve been. It’s so cool to walk by it and see both where we’ve been, and all the places we should go see. Most recent pin was in Alaska by our daughter.

Its a available as a Groupon for a reasonable price. I’d recommend it.

You military guys guys may or may not want to be reminded, but I’ll bet you’d have lots of places marked.

You reminded me how I never really counted all of the stops along the way, over my years.
I only know, I've seen every continent except Australia. Wish I had. Thanks again.
Can you take a photo of the map, and post it here? Not sure my wife would like it, since I have no Man Cave, or Den.

LongTermGuy
09-26-2018, 02:49 PM
Very nice Abbey .....something like this...is this the correct size...?

https://img.grouponcdn.com/deal/mCoKUD4kfjAdcxb9WtAP/ob-2304x1728/v1/c700x420.jpg
https://img.grouponcdn.com/deal/4UNyW81umWfd6ABaZGnHEq5dF17e/4U-960x576/v1/c700x420.jpg

Abbey Marie
09-26-2018, 05:20 PM
Very nice Abbey .....something like this...is this the correct size...?

https://img.grouponcdn.com/deal/mCoKUD4kfjAdcxb9WtAP/ob-2304x1728/v1/c700x420.jpg
https://img.grouponcdn.com/deal/4UNyW81umWfd6ABaZGnHEq5dF17e/4U-960x576/v1/c700x420.jpg

Nice!
The first pic looks just like it. The second pic has the same “pins” but the key on the left is not on mine.

Abbey Marie
09-26-2018, 05:21 PM
You reminded me how I never really counted all of the stops along the way, over my years.
I only know, I've seen every continent except Australia. Wish I had. Thanks again.
Can you take a photo of the map, and post it here? Not sure my wife would like it, since I have no Man Cave, or Den.

It’s actually very good looking, AT. We put it in our upstairs hallway. But I like maps and globes and such.

(you may need extra pins!)

Elessar
09-26-2018, 06:11 PM
I like maps such as that. I have seen several over the years. A lot in visitor's
centers where pins are pushed in to indicate where tourists come from.

I had a co-worker that put one up. He was all over the Pacific Rim.
Mine would be limited to the continental USA, with a couple of strikes
in Mexico, off the West Coat on the ship, and one in Ontario Canada
when Dad was at Plattsburg NY.

aboutime
09-26-2018, 07:31 PM
It’s actually very good looking, AT. We put it in our upstairs hallway. But I like maps and globes and such.

(you may need extra pins!)

That is really attractive, and a great idea. I agree. I love Geography, and combine it with History since I visited many places in the Med, primarily related to WWII actions. North Africa, and around the Cape Horn in S. America. We visited almost every nation in S. America during what the navy called a UNITAS (means Unity) cruise in1981, and then in 1995.
Panama was my last port of call before I retired. As for the pins. Outta be fun.
Where did you say you got yours?

Abbey Marie
09-26-2018, 08:01 PM
That is really attractive, and a great idea. I agree. I love Geography, and combine it with History since I visited many places in the Med, primarily related to WWII actions. North Africa, and around the Cape Horn in S. America. We visited almost every nation in S. America during what the navy called a UNITAS (means Unity) cruise in1981, and then in 1995.
Panama was my last port of call before I retired. As for the pins. Outta be fun.
Where did you say you got yours?

Go to Groupon.com and search for magnetic world map.

aboutime
09-26-2018, 08:38 PM
Go to Groupon.com and search for magnetic world map.

Will do.