PDA

View Full Version : The vote

Abbey Marie
09-28-2018, 08:59 AM
Just heard that Flake will vote to confirm!

NightTrain
09-28-2018, 09:43 AM
Kavanaugh has the votes! All Republicans will vote to confirm, and now the vulnerable democrats up for reelection will follow suit :

With the Senate Judiciary Committee holding a vote at 9:30 A.M. tomorrow, a Senate insider has told Townhall that Kavanaugh has the votes to make it out of committee and the votes to be confirmed on the floor for a seat on the U.S. Supreme Court. Sens. Flake (R-AZ), Collins (R-ME), Murkowski (R-AK), and Manchin (D-WV) are expected to vote in favor of Kavanaugh. All the Republicans are voting yes. Also, in the rumor mill, several Democrats may break ranks and back Kavanaugh. That’s the ball game, folks.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2018/09/27/breaking-we-have-the-votes-n2523402

NightTrain
09-28-2018, 09:46 AM
My colleague, Sarah Quinlan, just announced that West Virginia Senator Joe Manchin has declared he will vote to confirm Brett Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court. Now, according to Hill sources, he has company:

Donnelly, Manchin, Murkowski and Collins are all expected to vote the same way, per senators and aides

— Burgess Everett (@burgessev) September 28, 2018

https://www.redstate.com/streiff/2018/09/27/breaking.-collins-murkowski-donnelly-make-decision

FakeNewsSux
09-28-2018, 01:01 PM
Straight party line vote 11-10 for Committee approval to send nominee for a full Senate vote.

pete311
09-28-2018, 01:13 PM
Flake wants 1 week delay for investigation.

FakeNewsSux
09-28-2018, 01:19 PM
Flake wants 1 week delay for investigation.

That's a delay in the full floor vote, not the Committee. We'll see what McConnell says about this since he's the one in charge now, not Grassley.

pete311
09-28-2018, 02:57 PM
That's a delay in the full floor vote, not the Committee. We'll see what McConnell says about this since he's the one in charge now, not Grassley.

It's official now. 1 week investigation. All eyes on Collins and Murkowski.

FakeNewsSux
09-28-2018, 03:25 PM
It's official now. 1 week investigation. All eyes on Collins and Murkowski.

The closer this gets us to the midterms the more the nation's righteous anger grows over the left's underhanded tactics. This could make 2016 look like a mere blip on the political radar if the left pulls any more baseless accusations out of their collective ass in the interim.

Elessar
09-28-2018, 03:42 PM
Some people are not paying attention:

http://insider.foxnews.com/2018/09/27/tucker-carlson-blasts-democrats-booker-and-blumenthal-brett-kavanaugh-hearing

jimnyc
09-28-2018, 05:01 PM
One week til 40 years of a very right leaning SC. And can you just imagine if the oldest liberal croaks? The liberals are already narrowing it down to 100 possibilities and gathering dirt on them! LOL

Abbey Marie
09-28-2018, 06:19 PM
How many lies and false accusations can the Dems cook up in one week? How many more delays can be demanded to investigate those new lies? Don’t underestimate how far they’ll go in their desperate need to ensure abortions remain easy to obtain.

aboutime
09-28-2018, 06:44 PM
How many lies and false accusations can the Dems cook up in one week? How many more delays can be demanded to investigate those new lies? Don’t underestimate how far they’ll go in their desperate need to ensure abortions remain easy to obtain.

I often ask myself. If Democrats, Liberals, Progressives, and Pro Abortion people really knew what they were asking for. Wouldn't it be smarter for them to be Pro-Life, and Keep Prospective, Future Liberal, Democrat Voters ALIVE????:laugh::laugh:

It just seems pretty stupid to me, that they are LITERALLY CUTTING OFF THEIR BABIES TO SPITE THEIR FUTURE ELECTION RESULTS?????:laugh::laugh::laugh:

So...we should just stay quiet, and allow ROE V. WADE to continue until THEY run out of Voters.

FakeNewsSux
09-28-2018, 06:56 PM
I often ask myself. If Democrats, Liberals, Progressives, and Pro Abortion people really knew what they were asking for. Wouldn't it be smarter for them to be Pro-Life, and Keep Prospective, Future Liberal, Democrat Voters ALIVE????:laugh::laugh:

It just seems pretty stupid to me, that they are LITERALLY CUTTING OFF THEIR BABIES TO SPITE THEIR FUTURE ELECTION RESULTS?????:laugh::laugh::laugh:

So...we should just stay quiet, and allow ROE V. WADE to continue until THEY run out of Voters.

Thus the need to keep the borders open to allow unlimited liberation theology based, Catholic Latinos access to our society. "It's OK if we lose some of our babies at the border, we'll breed more."

High_Plains_Drifter
09-28-2018, 08:11 PM
PREEEE --- CISELY!!!!

They've got more SHIT ready to go AS WE SPEAK. No way in HELL are they going to all just SIT QUIETLY BY for the next WEEK while the FBI finds out NOTHING NEW. THEY ALREADY KNOW the FBI won't find anything new. No... they'll be OUT IN FORCE with NEW crap... it's as SURE AS THE SUN WILL RISE TOMORROW.

Delaying the vote for another week was the STUPIDEST thing the republicans could have done.

Do I think Kavanaugh will be confirmed? If I had to put my money on yes or no, it would be NO... but we'll see. If he is, I'll actually be surprised. Because I truly believe that since the mongrel democrats got another week delay, what we've already seen isn't anything. Oh no... now they're going to pull out ALL THE STOPS. It'll be do or die, because I'm pretty certain they WON'T get ANOTHER delay. Whatever they pull out in this week has to be BIG, and they know it, so they'll DO... ANYTHING. They are CAPABLE of ANYTHING. They LOVE the COURTS STACKED in THEIR FAVOR, and we all know why, and the SC is the TOP PRIZE. They will NOT let it go 5-4 conservative if they can stop it, by WHATEVER MEANS NECESSARY.

And THAT, is what this is ALL ABOUT. It has NOTHING to do with some HAG that was at a party and some dude LAID ON HER. They don't give a flying FUCK about her. This is about KEEPING KAVANAUGH OFF THE BENCH, AT ALL COSTS.

And there's one more thing... the mongrels know now that they HAVE to keep Kavanaugh off the bench, because if they don't, they have ALREADY made an ENEMY of them of EPIC proportions. Kavanaugh may NEVER admit it, but he will NEVER vote in the democrats favor EVER while on the SC. It'll be PAY BACK. But then, the democraps are just too fucking STUPID to THINK about things like that. Instead of treating him FAIRLY hoping that he might be fair to them in return while on the SC, oh no, fuck that, just OPEN THE GATES OF HELL on the man and do EVERYTHING THEY CAN to DESTROY him, AND his reputation, AND his FAMILY.

Democrats are the party of trash.

FakeNewsSux
09-28-2018, 08:30 PM
PREEEE --- CISELY!!!!

They've got more SHIT ready to go AS WE SPEAK. No way in HELL are they going to all just SIT QUIETLY BY for the next WEEK while the FBI finds out NOTHING NEW. THEY ALREADY KNOW the FBI won't find anything new. No... they'll be OUT IN FORCE with NEW crap... it's as SURE AS THE SUN WILL RISE TOMORROW.

Delaying the vote for another week was the STUPIDEST thing the republicans could have done.

Do I think Kavanaugh will be confirmed? If I had to put my money on yes or no, it would be NO... but we'll see. If he is, I'll actually be surprised. Because I truly believe that since the mongrel democrats got another week delay, what we've already seen isn't anything. Oh no... now they're going to pull out ALL THE STOPS. It'll be do or die, because I'm pretty certain they WON'T get ANOTHER delay. Whatever they pull out in this week has to be BIG, and they know it, so they'll DO... ANYTHING. They are CAPABLE of ANYTHING. They LOVE the COURTS STACKED in THEIR FAVOR, and we all know why, and the SC is the TOP PRIZE. They will NOT let it go 5-4 conservative if they can stop it, by WHATEVER MEANS NECESSARY.

And THAT, is what this is ALL ABOUT. It has NOTHING to do with some HAG that was at a party and some dude LAID ON HER. They don't give a flying FUCK about her. This is about KEEPING KAVANAUGH OFF THE BENCH, AT ALL COSTS.

Luv your passion HPD but I believe that Kavanaugh will be confirmed plus the more shit that the Dems pull in the meantime will only come back to bite them in the ass that much harder in November. The Republicans will be viewed by the independents as the folks that bent over backwards to accommodate while the Dems will be viewed as shrill character assassins. The closer this all gets to the midterms, the higher that red wave will get. Besides, have some compassion. With Jerry Springer retiring, Democrat voters don't have anything else to watch on afternoon television.

NightTrain
09-28-2018, 09:11 PM
Yeah, this little democrat shitshow will end next Friday.

Grassley and Trump gave specific orders to the FBI to limit their investigation to the specific charge of that mysterious party Ford remembers, and it's to go on no longer than 1 week. The witness interviews are already complete. I doubt anything new will come to light.

This was done because of Flake, Murkowski and Collins, else Grassley risked them voting no.

One more week, and then on to Ruth Bader Ginsburg's seat!

High_Plains_Drifter
09-29-2018, 08:11 AM
Luv your passion HPD but I believe that Kavanaugh will be confirmed plus the more shit that the Dems pull in the meantime will only come back to bite them in the ass that much harder in November. The Republicans will be viewed by the independents as the folks that bent over backwards to accommodate while the Dems will be viewed as shrill character assassins. The closer this all gets to the midterms, the higher that red wave will get. Besides, have some compassion. With Jerry Springer retiring, Democrat voters don't have anything else to watch on afternoon television.
Well said, and true, but there are two things at work here that WILL influence midterm voting, and one is that the republicans are pissing republican voters off for ALLOWING the democrats to get this FARCE circus going and then caving in to them with another delay. They're looking WEAK. But as you pointed out, the dems truly are risking pissing off even MORE people than the republicans are. Granted their radical base is loving what they're doing, but moderates and independents are seeing the democrats as VILE, CORRUPT SHYSTERS that are capable of pulling any filthy stunt under the sun, and that's turning A LOT of people off.

So yes, what the democrats are doing is cutting their own throats, and if they pull out another wild ass story from someone new this week, which I'm saying right here and now I expect they will, then I would agree that the MAJORITY of people in America will probably be like... "OH FOR FUCK SAKE, GIVE IT A REST ALREADY." I think it will backfire on the dems, and BIGLY.

But as far as Kavanaugh is concerned, I wouldn't count on that DUMBASS little PISS ANT, Flake, to vote yes on Kavanaugh. I think you're chances of winning the lottery first are better. Remember he's GONE, and he's a hard core never Trumper. Then there's those two fickle women, especially Collins from Maine. I wouldn't count on her either, especially if the mongrels roll out a new woman with a new accusation, and OH, SHE SOUNDS SO CREDIBLE.